eQuip! is a cloud-based enterprise asset management system that assists small to large-sized businesses with the acquisition, assignment, utilization, and disposal of assets. Its key features include barcode scanning, workflow automation, audit, and configuration management.
The application comes with a feature that allows operators to manage and track equipment and generate customized reports. The solution lets supervisors record and arrange inventory data based on a purchase order, fund type or location. Administrators can use the system to provide role-based access to staff members and transfer assets across multiple locations.
eQuip! integrates with third-party platforms such as Active Directory, Costpoint, Oracle, Lansweeper and SCCM. The solution comes with a mobile application for Android, iOS and Windows. It is available on an annual subscription and support is provided via phone and email.
Amber S. Secteur: Relations gouvernementales Nombre d'employés: 51-200 employés
Our experience with eQuip has been great from start to finish. We started out by demoing eQuip some months ago. The demonstration was easy to follow and showed all the important features. Once we decided to purchase eQuip we were not disappointed. We talked personally with Jackie on our first conference call. Jackie walked us through what steps were involved in the onboarding process. She also informed us of what information we needed to gather to make the whole process run smoothly. This was very helpful because it gave us the opportunity to hit the ground running. Once we began the onboarding process Ralph took over. The best part of the onboarding experience is that we could tailor it to our needs. Ralph was willing to work with our schedule and if we picked up on something quickly he moved on to other sections. Ralph walked us step by step through each aspect of eQuip. A great feature of eQuip is during the onboarding process you can utilize the program without any fear of permanently damaging your data. As with any new software there is a learning curve and plenty of mistakes to be made. Once I had, as Ralph says, "banged up the bumpers" the data was cleared and I uploaded our data back into the system with no issues. Also, there are help videos and documents that can be accessed anytime if you forget how to do something. Over all this system feels like it was built for ease of use and the customer service is second to none.
We really like the ease of use and the ability to upload data quickly. Also, there are several choices of how data is uploaded. This makes it easy to choose a method that works for your specific needs. I also really appreciate the ability to have multiple windows open at one time.
The only con is that eQuip doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles.
My best piece of advice is to get in eQuip and work in it during the onboarding process. It really helped me to understand how to utilize the software.
Keith R. Secteur: Administration publique Nombre d'employés: 201-500 employés
We are in the process of upgrading to the 2018 version of the eQuip system. The expectations are to realize an even greater positive impact on our inventory processes in the short and long terms. Using the eQuip system has allowed us to mature our inventory management processes.
- Training videos, especially those recently created, provide a great deal of needed information in order to understand the system's functionality.
- The high level configuration options in the system for the client that provides greater opportunity for molding the system to meet the clients specific needs. For example reports and extracts.
- Ease of use after, on many occasion, learning by trial and error how features work.
- The support site as a centralize location for documents, articles, and training videos.
- Staff in general
- Flexibility to make updates online or in batch mode.
- Many of the features have great potential but may need to be fully developed and communicated to the client.
- Very robust system with great potential.
- Lack of full understanding for many of the features based on the documentation provided. In many instances, documentation (admin and user guides) contain snippets of information in a particular areas but not enough to understand fully.
- Too much dependency on articles on the support site as opposed to information being included in the formal documentation
- Not clear on the details concerning the application of existing workflows and when and why I would need to create a workflow
- At times, reported issues can appear to be forgotten or the statuses not communicated.
- Communication of the 2018 (Stingray) release was a concern. Initially we were told that the release would be available in November 2018. At this time, we are scheduled for the release in February 2019. It is not felt that the team at EISG understand the impact of upgrades on the client. Having to develop the needed test plans and scripts, Needing to understand the features and changes being introduced and having the supporting coherent documentation are critical.
- Lack of release schedule for eQuip and eQuip Mobile. Makes it difficult for us to plan appropriately.
- Concern with what appears to be the level of quality assurance with the system. For example many features are not fully tested.
Réponse : E-Innovative Services Group 27/02/2019
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, both positive and constructive. We¿re glad to hear that our support site and training videos have been helpful to you. However I¿m sorry to hear that we haven¿t been the best at communication. Our support team will meet to decide how we can better communicate future upgrades and improve our documentation. Thank you for your honesty and I hope we can exceed your expectations in the coming updates!
James B. Secteur: Défense et aérospatiale Nombre d'employés: 1 001-5 000 employés
Being able to track 8,500 assets is very beneficial.
We are a Department of Defense Contractor so the DD1149 feature is very beneficial. Being able to customize reports is also very helpful.
The auditing/inventorying workflows are terrible and do not work. As a DOD Contractor we are required to do annual inventories and it would be great if the software focused on improving the workflows. It would be nice to be able to use our $2,000 scanner to do inventories like other Department Stores.
Réponse : AssetWorks 27/03/2020
Thanks for the review, James! We're glad you find the DD1149 feature helpful, but we're sorry to hear that eQuip is not meeting all your asset management needs. AssetWorks is dedicated to meeting the unique asset management needs of organizations like yours.
We have recently upgraded the inventory workflow to improve functionality. Our team is reaching out to ensure the issues you encountered have been corrected, and you have what you need for this year's inventory.
Thank you again for the feedback.
Jon P. Secteur: Défense et aérospatiale Nombre d'employés: 201-500 employés
One of the reasons we decided to purchase eQuip! was that we could use the system to accomplish three tasks - test asset management, capital depreciation tracking, and government property tracking. We liked that all three areas were addressed with their software. We didn't need a full CMMS and we are not doing work orders or other EAM tasks. So their service is more expensive than some of the simple asset management systems because it does a lot more. In some areas, it is overkill for tracking our test equipment, but we use it everyday and plan to continue doing so even when our annual agreements are completed.
eQuip! is highly customizable and allows for us to record a lot of information about our test assets and retrieve and organize the information quickly.
There was a rather steep learning curve and the security of a dedicated project manager to answer questions helped with that a lot. But that period ended probably sooner than I would have liked it to, and we were handed off to a helpdesk. The responses from the helpdesk have been effective, and there are lots of videos and tutorials on their website, but it definitely was a challenge to learn the system and to customize it to our needs.
Réponse : E-Innovative Services Group 13/03/2019
Thank you for the review, Jon! We're glad eQuip helps you organize the information you need. We hope our support site and helpdesk will help you continue to learn the system and better manage your assets!
The search function and the edit screen are pretty intuitive. Also, the ability to add photos of the different items is extremely simple.
I used to be able to just click on an item to be able to edit it, but, since an update about a year ago, now I have to click the item and make a selection from a dropdown menu. This may not be something that other users have a problem with, and to be honest, it's just a minor annoyance for me. Also, the Purchase Order field should be a part of the general fields you can fill in during the entry of a new asset. I haven't figured out how to do this yet, and perhaps it's a feature that already exists, but I'm unable to find the area where I can add fields to this function.