Housecall Pro is a cloud-based configure price quote (CPQ) solution that helps users prepare custom invoices and manage online payments. Key features include automated payments, quoting, online booking, payments processing and recurring services.
Designed for midsize to large businesses, Housecall Pro comes with a customer portal, which allows clients to edit and manage information as per requirements. Its one-click tool enables users to send custom quotes and convert estimates to jobs after approval from businesses. Additionally, the product’s secure payment solution allows enterprises to view invoice history and customer price lists.
Housecall Pro comes with a built-in credit card processor, which gives users a platform to process payments at the end of every service. The product allows integrations with QuickBooks. Pricing is available on request and support is extended via documentation and online help desk.
Sean T. Secteur: Eau/gaz/électricité Nombre d'employés: Auto-entrepreneur
Housecall Pro streamlines my entire customer interaction. The software maintains my customer database, and my customer history. Housecall Pro handles all my scheduling. Housecall Pro sends reminder emails to my customers and makes it easy to notify my customers as to my location on the day of service. Housecall Pro handles my invoices and makes it easy to collect payment. After the work is complete, Housecall Pro sends follow-up emails to my customers to help maintain customer loyalty. Housecall Pro also integrates with Quickbooks making my bookkeeping a breeze. Housecall Pro makes owning a business so easy!
I LOVE this software! It does absolutely everything for me and makes it so easy for me to run the behind the scenes part of my business. Housecall Pro is super easy to use, the app interface is very clean, and it totally streamlines my interaction with the customer from their first phone call, through to the completion of the job, and beyond. Housecall Pro makes every part of my carpet cleaning business so much more efficient.
I wish that the user had greater control in customizing messages that are sent to their customers. For instance, Housecall Pro sends a text and an email asking for a Google review and a review on Housecall Pro when the work is complete, but I have little control over the content/message of that communication. Another example is that I have little control over the content of the "On My Way", or the "Job Finished" texts that get sent to my customers on the day of their appointments. I would love to be able to send more personalized messages to my customers, so that they seem less generic and bland.
Michelle M. Secteur: Eau/gaz/électricité Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
With HCP we are able to streamline invoicing & dispatching. We are also able to provide valuable information to our clients that we could not do before. We increased efficiency by 45% within the first 30 days of using HCP.
Setting up our company was very easy and quick. Invoicing and dispatching jobs is detailed and easy to do. Creating price lists is the best feature, it eliminates questions often asked by staff on how to price something. We were able to create several price lists to accommodate contracted clients, residential and sub contractor pricing as well. Purchasing HCP software was the best decision we have made for business solutions. We are able to track labor, costs, payroll, invoicing, dispatching, we can see the location of technicians in the field also. You have the ability to track them in live time. The best feature the technicians like is the ability to take pictures within the app and add directly to specific work orders.
Customer service is exceptional and responds quickly(depending on the time of day). In most cases you can find the answer you're looking for via the FAQ section. This feature is available on the desktop and mobile formats making it easy for technicians in the field to find an answer themselves without having to call into the office for information. Running reports are simple as well.
Our least favorite items within the app is not being able to select which permissions you want employees to be able to see. Meaning the tech can see revenue on jobs etc.
There is a 2day lag on deposits. The processing fees for a CC is inline with other merchants currently available.
Chase C. Secteur: Eau/gaz/électricité Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
HCP handles a lot of my business for me. It even has online booking features.
Many things. I like the payment options I can give to clients, the calendar sync, estimates, postcard integration, support systems etc.
Sometimes it takes a while to load on the customer's end so they think it’s not working. I think it’s just because it’s encrypted though.
Réponse : Housecall Pro 26/12/2019
Thanks for the loyalty and 5-star review, Chase! And glad to hear you are taking advantage of online booking. Did you know that more than 1/3 of homeowners want to book service appointments online? Great that you are not missing these important folks.
Paul D. Secteur: Construction Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
Extremely disappointing. Huge mistake for us.
HCP is marginally useful for scheduling.
1) No way to document when a client accepts your proposal, which means No CONTRACT. Even if your customer accepts your estimate, you have no documentation of such. This, of course, means that you do not have a contract with the customer, and you have no hope of being paid for the work you did. Kind of a huge problem.
2) Inability to control alerts and messages to customers. It's either ON or OFF -Customers receive annoying alerts every single day you're on the job -at least a half-hour before you begin work...so like 6:30 every morning...Or, no alerts at all. That's your only choice
3) Every interaction with Customer Support ends with "No you're not able to do that, but we'll forward this to our engineering team." Every single interaction. All of them end like this. Nothing is ever resolved -at least in our experience.
4) The product development team keeps churning out more and more features to charge for -when the infrastructure of what they've already built is woefully lacking in usability.
5) When a job takes more than one day to complete, there's an option to add what they call a Segment. You can add as many segments as you like for multiple-day jobs, but each successive segment is blank. So if you want your crews to know what their scope of work is -or if you want them to have access to the attachments you added -you have to re-attach and resubmit your scope of work for every single segment you add.
6) I could go on and on -but I think my time would be better spent
Réponse : Housecall Pro 10/09/2019
We would love it if you would reach out to the chat team and ask for a call to go over the features. It looks like we just need to go over them in better detail so you can get the most from them. We'd be happy to help you better utilize our software!
Every time a customer approves or declines an estimate it shows up on the estimate details page.
Customers can only receive 5 types of automated notifications:
1. When a job or estimate is scheduled.
2. When you press the "on my way" button
3. When you press the "finish" button
4. When payment is made (they receive a receipt via email)
5. Any re-marketing emails or postcards that you (manually) set up
You control the daily "on my way" and "finish" messages (you do not have to press them).
When you create a new segment try "Copy to new segment" and all attachments will carry over.
Lastly, our chat team forwards feature requests to development so they can be considered for work. It's the best path to being worked on.
Richard H. Secteur: Services environnementaux Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
I can only ditto what I have said above about this software and the company.
All R's Pest was looking for an updated and ease of use database system. We found this with Housecall Pro. The support and ease of use over the past year and a half have been outstanding. They are constantly looking for ways to improve their product which assists us in improving our service to our customers. The credit card service they provide is easy and convenient for our customers and our company. I highly recommend this company to any service company looking to update their software program. Additionally, posting our services when completed and our customers able to pay immediately at their convenience is an added aspect to this software.
No complaints. We are looking, but they keep answering.