Donarius is a church management software solution available for on-premise deployment that serves both churches and other non-profit organizations.
Donarius lets users keep track of members, contributions, pledges and more. Users can enter all offerings and donations by name or envelope number and they can track loose offerings as well.
The solution offers envelope printing, so churches can print their own offering envelopes rather than ordering them.
Donarius can send monthly and yearly statements out to members or donors and it can generate various types of reports. Users can personalize letters, emails and text messages to help engage members. A module for pre-authorized donations (ACH) automatically enters recurring donations.
Donarius also includes a module for membership management and users can print a photo directory. This system is priced per organization in perpetuity, plus yearly upgrade costs.
Curt S. Secteur: Institutions religieuses Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
Donarius helped us move beyond Excel spreadsheets, greatly simplifying our bookkeeping processes, giving us greater accuracy and helping us generate EOY reports effortlessly.
Donarius is super easy to setup and use. As with any new software, there is a learning curve, but it isn't long. My wife does our bookkeeping and she had no trouble at all getting used to the software and learning the ins and outs of it.
My least favorite aspect of Donarius initially was the very basic user interface. It isn't pretty. But the functionality overcomes that part. After all, it's what it does that matters, not just how it looks.
David S. Secteur: Institutions religieuses Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
As described earlier, I am the envelope steward for the church, so am using this program to track and receipt donations. I am just coming up to 1 year of usage and as yet, have not encountered any problems or concerns. It was quite easy to learn, and if there were any questions, they were easily answered by support
I am the envelope steward for the church so was looking for something that was user friendly and would meet my needs for entering and retrieving financial data. Donarius met these criteria and I have no second thoughts or doubts regarding my decision. The data entry is very easy and if there are any questions or concerns, they are handled in a very timely and efficient manner by support.
Although I only use the program in a limited fashion, I really haven't run across anything that I don't like about it.
Calvin B. Secteur: Institutions religieuses Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
The main problem this software takes care of is the time-saving of data input, updating records, producing reports and preparation of receipts for charitable donations.
What I like about this software is it's simplicity of use. It does not require a significant knowledge of financial accounting. Input of data and amending contributor's files is a simple process.
I have not experienced any difficulty with this software, so I am unable to comment on what I like least about this software.
Brian K. Secteur: Institutions religieuses Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
- the software is fairly user-friendly
- this program allows for data entry of donations without impacting the actual accounting software (requires double entry, however, we record the donations as a summary; if we need the details we simply look it up in Donarius)
- receipt printing at calendar year end is so quick and easy - the authorized signature can be imported and printed on each receipt
- easy to add several categories for donations for one donor
- if donations for a certain date are accidentally recorded on the wrong date (for instance, donations are recorded on a Monday instead of Sunday), the software allows for correcting the date on all donations recorded on that date
- reports can be based on fiscal year or calendar year
- the ability to specify how the donation was made (cash, cheque, credit card) and if cash, the breakdown of bills and coins. A report can be printed as a deposit slip
- the ability to show donations for any period, including combined fiscal or calendar years
- option to email receipts as PDF
- ability to export reports to Excel to further customize reports or to add notes
- ability to restore and entire backup or just additional data
- restoring a backup is easy, however, the backup needs to saved to a device and cannot be sent by email
- you can report on donations using a line graph, but the predetermined increments are too large for our purposes (it would be nice to be able to customize this report)
Duane S. Secteur: Art/artisanat Nombre d'employés: 2-10 employés
The Art Gallery of Northumberland purchased Donarius to provide better and prompter service to the Gallery's donors and members.
The product is easy to install. It was straightforward to customize the product to use the Gallery's name and logo on printed materials.
Reporting on the overall membership was at times problematic, in part because the person doing the reporting was not that familiar with the reporting capability.
The one time we had a problem with the software - it seemed to be reverting to a previous logo on occasion - we got very quick and helpful support that had the problem corrected in minutes.
The interface is outdated - it is not point-and-click graphics, but instead looks line an old-fashioned "line command" interface.
All things considered, it provides good value for the money.
Donor tracking capability. Donation totals and reporting for tax reporting.
Interface is old-fashioned. Does not provide integration with other client-management software.