Zendesk is a cloud-based help desk management solution offering customizable tools to build customer service portal, knowledge base and online communities. The solution offers a customizable front-end portal, live chat features and integration with applications like Salesforce and Google Analytics. Zendesk is used across a wide range of vertical markets including technology, government, media and retail, from small to large.
Zendesk’s online customer portal helps support agents to keep track of tickets raised and their status. Customers can go through existing tickets to find answers from queries similar to their question and if not satisfied, customers can raise their own tickets in the portal. Zendesk also offers branding of support pages with business logos, themes and brand images.
Zendesk allows businesses to build a knowledge base to address some of the most prominent and repetitive questions, so that customers can go through the basic set of queries asked in general. Using Zendesk, businesses can also set up an online community where their customers can post queries and reply to ongoing discussion threads.
Thamara P. Nombre d'employés: 13-50 employés
Zendesk is an easy-to-use, dynamic, intuitive customer service tool that allows the use of macros to optimize messages to customers.
Zendesk is easy to implement and with adaptable prices. I have recommended this tool to several friends for their organizations
Zendesk is an excellent tool for the management of requirements or requests. It facilitates the management within my Support Center.
It allows to automate response to our customers. Also, customize the tool according to the type of company.
From this tool I manage to serve the internal and external clients of my organization. As well as, send satisfaction surveys once the support is finished.
Their specific user roles allowed me to implement the tool in the organization in a short time, even without investing much time in training because it has very good material for users on the web.
What I like most about Zendesk is to be able to automate the responses to clients and macros.
Zendesk has elements for case management, live chat, design a knowledge base, have a panel to the client. Since we included this tool in the company we have improved our response levels in the support tickets and with this to customer service.
I like the flexibility of purchase packages or use of the tool, through payment by users or agents. Also, although we have not configured it for now, it is interesting to integrate with VoIP to take the call from customers or interested parties.
Zendesk for being a tool for customer service would be interesting to link or customize good practice agreements at the service level and operational.
We as a client can add response times, and define with a category that is requirements or request and that are incidents.
Next, what features Zendesk would need:
* Add response time according to the type of requirements or request.
* Define type of requests and incidents
* Get graphs by type of incidents
* Get graphs with crossings between service agreements and operational agreements. This would allow us to measure the effectiveness of the support center based on agreements with customers
* Have notifications every time you are consuming the time of a ticket, considering the times of agreements at the service or operational level
* Have a video call
Ted F. Secteur: Exploitation minière et métaux Nombre d'employés: 51-200 employés
Horrible. I only use this software because it would be a hassle porting all existing tickets over to a different platform. I needed billing support from them, and my ticket was 'escalated' to the Finance department, but nobody ever got back to me in time. Literally a few days went by and not one word from my Zendesk agent. They have a poor support system. So, if you don't ever need help with anything and know what you're doing, then ZD is probably for you.
The software functions nicely. It is very well put together. They make it easy to run a help desk.
The support, or lack thereof. If you need support for this software, they take a long, long time to get back to you. You better know what you're doing, because if you need to get a hold of them, I wish you the best of luck.
Maddie C. Secteur: Marketing et publicité Nombre d'employés: 13-50 employés
Zendesk, has helped me to perform better the solution of any problem that our clients may have, has given us the possibility of creating automatic responses, through different forms of communication, thus, it has made my work so fast and easy. Its reporting function is also really very beneficial, to see what the trends are, in sending emails to our dissemination team. Zendesk, has a great possibility to gradually increase the functions of our companies, helping us to move towards success, in a reliable and safe way.
Zendesk, is a reliable application, your ticket collection and autocomplete form is always available. In addition, it helps us resolve inquiries about calls, through your help in responding to the distinctive clientele of different media channels, and having them move through help guides before they can engage in a conversation with managers. I like Zendesk because its tools are necessary for effective management towards the guest, they facilitate the alternation of emails and take internal notes, in addition to recording telephone calls and voice memos are only for employee use. All your tools are vital to manage the accounts of our customers. It is highly recommended, a satisfied customer is one more achievement.
The main drawback of this skillful application, is that its long-lasting features and simple to implement, are requested by customers through the community, are not added to the product, the user interface is not one of the most attractive that exist , although it presents all the functionalities implemented at the same time, so enough time is spent to fully familiarize yourself with this software and make the most of its performance. Several changes can further improve workflows or provide better interaction between the company and the clientele. Your online training is not the most complete because you do not have fasting forums or personal training. There is no free trial available to test the software before you are told to opt for a paid plan with all available features.
I struggle to find good things to say. It works and rarely has performance problems. If you need very basic support ticketing and are just starting out, you could use it and be successful. We did. But the functionality and support for those organizations between startup and large corporation is nil. If we were a very large organization, I could see it being a valuable product.
1. It is incredibly difficult to keep track of business users. When you are a SaaS supporting clients who have end-users, organizing tickets and documenting issues is very important to find patterns. This is not possible in Zendesk, at least at the Team feature level. There is not a central location for information for an organization outside of a Notes box that is basically a tiny sidebar textbox that allows no formatting to make notes over time readable.
2. There is no way to reference individual comments in a ticket because individual comments do not have their own IDs. This makes it very cumbersome to keep succinct notes and refers back to my first point. The only way we can review a client's history is through wading through a bunch of tickets with an endless stream of comments. I can't get a good timeline overview of their experience and issues, which is so essential to good issue triage.
3. Lack of features for those at the less pricey levels is pretty bad. There's no way to make our contact forms more customizable (like having a message to the person on the ticket - there is only limited description area and those are question/field based) and we don't have access to conditional logic on the forms. So we are left with clients just throwing issues at us without getting good information from them to get a one-touch resolution. The way Zendesk works it forces us to give lower-quality support.
4. There's no exporting your ticket information or running any sort of report if you are using the Team or lower feature level. These, to me, should be basic features as they pertain to the most basic of needs for any support team. Not only that, it ties you to the product and punishes you for leaving. We can't move to another product because we can't take our ticket history with us.
5. The features and performance is inconsistent. For example, there are "Triggers" and "Automations". Triggers and automations are the same. The only difference is the automations are time-based. But they don't tell you that in the interface - there's nothing telling you what is required to set up the automation in order for it to pass validation, only an error message. And by following the instructions of the error message, you can still get more errors. But there's nothing there to tell you the overall requirements so you can avoid errors in the first place. And in the Triggers interface, they leave out a large amount of placeholder options for seemingly no reason, so you have to go find the placeholder references for yourself.
In my opinion, Zendesk doesn't have the user in mind. They put out new features and integrations, but the core product is so severely lacking that it seems like they feel they are operating on auto-pilot and their product needs no update itself. It's a shame, because it was probably was a good product with a lot of potential back when it first started up.
Trinayan C. Secteur: Marketing et publicité Nombre d'employés: 13-50 employés
We regularly use Zendesk for all my clients’ customer support needs. No other platform comes close to it.
This is one service whose mobile app is actually at par with the desktop version. Easy to use and integrates well with various other platforms.
Not much actually. I was not exactly thrilled with the couple of times, i had to contact their support (ironic I know!) but that’s about it.