Avis clients sur SimplePractice

4,6
Note globale
Avis
En savoir plus

Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur SimplePractice

SimplePractice est un système de gestion de cabinet basé sur le cloud conçu pour faciliter l'aspect commercial du cabinet privé. Ce logiciel facile à utiliser et conforme à l'HIPAA, aide les professionnels de la santé et du...

En savoir plus

Classer par :
Gabriel ange
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

Publié le 03/07/2023

Avis sur mon usage de simplepratique

D'après mon expérience professionnelle avec ce logiciel, ça a permis d'avoir accès facile et rapide au simplepratique comme rendez-vous et autres

Avantages

Le pragmatisme, la fiabilité et la rapidité

Inconvénients

Tout est okey. Parfait à mon humble avis jusqu'ici j'ai encore rien observer de négatif

Oluwa Locheyi
Oluwa Locheyi
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail

Publié le 26/09/2023

Un avis sur SimplePractice

Avantages

SimplePractice comme l'indique son nom est d'une grande simplicité. Elle me permet de planifier surtout et de ne pas manquer mes rendez-vous.

Inconvénients

SimplePractice ne présente pas pour mon usage des inconvénients.

Lisa E
Lisa E
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinets médicaux

Publié le 25/01/2019

Does a lot.

Good overall. The one other thing I would like to mention is that you can’t get a live help from Tech support in real time. You can “attend” virtual classes, sign up for live classes (which I haven’t done. Time thing) and if you have a question, you can submit it to a chat community (not helpful, not enough docs so they responses are non-relevant) or you submit an email to technical support and they write back. Here’s the catch. You have to respond to their response right away or if you miss the 2; hour window they consider your request “satisfied” and they move in. My suggestion would be to hire more live real time tech support. And if you want to add physicians, consider adding eprescribe and a lab interface. Just my suggestions. There are lots of reasons to not cater to doctors, but if Simple Practice would want to do that, a few small fixes could make this a very usable and more complete package.

Avantages

Nice and plain in a lot of ways yet let’s you do these things:
Set up your own intake forms, diagnostic codes, billing forms, scheduling, a secure patient portal so when patients contact you, you can send them a secure link they can use to sign your consent forms, pay you using a credit card which you don’t have to handle, schedule a session, and do a telehealth visit in a secure HIPAA compliant way. There is also a way to do billing so bills can be submitted to an insurance company.

Inconvénients

Simple practice is designed for mental health professionals and non-MD’s mainly, so as a psychiatrist, it does MOST but NOT ALL of the things I need for a telepsych practice. For example, I cannot e-prescribe, order labs or review lab results using simple practice. But that’s okay. They never claimed it could be used for this. So I am still getting off the ground with my own practice and will probably just use some work arounds such as writing paper scripts for now, and this is fine unless I get a patient who needs clozaril, lithium or delante, at which time I will need to get lab ordering and reviewing capabilities from somewhere else. So the thing is this. Simple Practice does a lot of things. For a psychotherapist non-prescriber, it would pretty much do everything you could ever want a platform to do. For a psychiatrist, it hits about 2/3 of the total function domain needed. For internal medicine, family medicine or endocrinology I would definitely recommend doing something else. They make no claims to physician specific and the main reason I picked it is for the telehealth and the billing simplification and the collect payment without touching money feature.

Réponse de SimplePractice

Lisa, thanks for your positive SimplePractice review. We¿re glad that SimplePractice is working for your telepsyche practice - you can always submit suggestions to our team on how to improve SimplePractice even more at simplepractice.uservoice.com.

- Gillian from SimplePractice

Répondu le 08/02/2019

Les meilleures alternatives à SimplePractice

Nichole

Publié le 27/09/2021

Love this practice management system and it keeps getting better

Simple Practice is an all one solution for small private practices- it's not only a user friendly electronic health record, but an insurance billing platform, staff tracking if you have independent contractors or employees, secure messaging system, telehealth platform, source for quality continuing ed, weekly inspiration, revenue tracking, and all the tools you need for a easy digital client onboarding process.

Avantages

As an experienced clinician and small private practice administrator I find this software easy to use and the SP team really does take user feedback seriously and updates and adds features regularly. The roll outs of changes are thoughtful, with good lead times, and always a net improvement in user experience (so far). Reports are detailed enough for me to keep an eye on revenue, independent contractor services, and I can easily update forms and communicate with team members and clients confidentially. Also, online scheduling and the Client portal make client onboarding a breeze without hiring a receptionist.

Inconvénients

I wish I could run reports based on services provided and/or detail of services provided to clients with specific payors.

Nicole

Publié le 02/02/2022

Used to be great, but recent bad business practices and rate increases for less features.

My overall experience has been fine. However, I'm extremely disappointed with recent decisions and practices of Simple Practice. They recently emailed users notifying them of plan and pricing changes, asking customers to select a new plan before March to ensure access to their account. However, they were NOT clear that selecting a new plan before March would incur a prorated cost for the difference in plan price. They also took away basic features on the lower two tiers and made them available only on the top tier plan. I am a single clinician with one biller and am forced to use the most expensive option, resulting in a 68% rate increase without warning. These two moves are unethical, and frankly, extremely poor customer service.

Avantages

I appreciate the user interface on the website and app. It's easy to use and pretty intuitive. I enjoy being able to create custom forms and send text reminders to clients. The setup for a new client is quick and I'm able to send all required paperwork with ease.

Inconvénients

Some of the options on the app are limited, such as being able to see claims (payments/adjustments) and a few things are hard to find, such as adding an insurance card to existing insurance (it's there, you just have to dig a bit). On the website, the claims can be a bit clunky to click through, as well as some things feeling redundant. I also dislike that you can't set the calendar appointments to auto generate a specific appointment time (the default is always 50 minutes and I have to change that manually each time). Also, customer service is extremely lacking. There's not an easy way to get to speak with a real person for issues.

Shanel

Publié le 25/03/2024

Efficient

Avantages

I liked the layout of the platform. Scheduling was easy.

Inconvénients

I feel there could have been more ease in documentation (i.e. short cuts, easy entry, etc.)

Mark Senyo
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés

Publié le 07/07/2021

simplifies all processes to a level that allows us to focus on actual client care

Simple practice was introduced to me and my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] during a medical conference we attended during the early stages of setting up our private practice. Thankfully, it came at a time when we were still developing our core processes and workflows, so it was able to shape our systems right from the very beginning.

Avantages

Simple Practice is very easy to learn and get comfortable using. All the various features easily link up to others that follow or proceed in the logical process of service delivery, making product navigation extremely user friendly and smooth.

Inconvénients

The period allowed for the free trial is a bit short and does not allow potential buyers enough time to test all the core elements before having to make a decision on whether to purchase or not.

Jessica
Jessica
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

Publié le 24/10/2019

Great Product for the Price

SimplePractice allows me to operate my private speech therapy practice efficiently, and does not cost an arm and a leg!! I highly recommend this product.

Avantages

I pay much less for this software than for a similar product I used previously. The software is user friendly, and customer support personnel respond quickly when I have a question.

Inconvénients

There are some limitations. For example, clients can't easily upload documents to the portal, creating templates for documentation is tedious, etc.

Robin
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 02/11/2023

SimplePractice Recmmendation

I was very reluctant to use SimplePractice. I used another EHR that I was comfortable with and accustomed to. However, after I made the switch and learned how to navigate it, the ease of use was readily apparent.

Avantages

I like SimplePractice's ease of use and the limited time it takes to learn the system. Getting up-to-speed with its many tools was important, and it took no professional training time or training investment.

Inconvénients

SimplePractice is not the most navigation-friendly system. However, once one learns how to get around in the system, it becomes easy.

Publié le 23/09/2023

Electronic Health Recorda

Great switch for my practice

Avantages

The ease of use throughout platform.It is very intuitive

Inconvénients

Connections issues and customer support

Larry
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

Publié le 01/12/2023

Simple Practice: The Best And Easy

Love it, easy to use and customer support is amazing

Avantages

Clearly laid out, well defined and comprehensive with practice features

Inconvénients

need more video simulations and role play training scenarios

Stephanie

Publié le 25/04/2024

SimplePractice is an great EMR for mental health clinicans

I enjoyed using it in the limited capacity I had.

Avantages

Ease of use in scheduling and documentation.

Inconvénients

I did not have full access to it, since I was just a user, but from my research it would be the cost, although it is comparable to others.

Michelle

Publié le 06/08/2019

Super Easy for Solo Practitioners. Need Some Work for Group Practice Use.

In spite of the cons noted above (and I could have written more), Simple Practice is VERY good software and would actually kill the game so to speak if they fixed some of the flaws noted above as well as improving customer service. While I do like that why have not outsourced customer service to a foreign country like many others, the lack of phone support can be rather irritating. No one wants to send emails back and forth to resolve issues,

Avantages

Simple Practice really is super easy for the average user. It has a modern look and feel. In less than 60 seconds (52 seconds to be exact) you and create a new client, schedule and send intake forms to be electronically signed. Overall the system is pretty intuitive. I love that you can create your own document and forms. The template creator is fairly easy. I also like that clients can "request" an appointment, which I can approve or deny. Finally, the calendar has very robust features (even better than 'many' of the scheduling apps). Also this comment isnt about the software per se but about the company-- I truly appreciate the they encourage feedback and suggestions from their subscribers and take action on 'some' of the suggestions.

Inconvénients

Simple Practice takes a really long time to get enrollments with Medicaid & Medicare. They blame CMS but even CMS says it doesn't take months to get approved to bill though a clearinghouse (Yes, I know SP is not a clearinghouse). Secondary billing with is an absolutely nightmare. You literally have to do it manually--as in printing and mailing. I'm not really sure why but every single client I have with secondary insurance billing section is messed up. Allocating payments appropriately is a mystery and there is a 'special' way you have to do it which Ive never been able to grasp. The end result is no client with secondary insurance has a zero balance. Treatment Plans do not have electronic signatures, which is a great disappointment. While there is a template builder, it's not intended for Treatment Plans only Progress Notes. Technically you can create an ITP of your own liking but in order to see your ITP goals/objectives to write your notes, you MUST use one of their templates (creating double work). Simple Practice is now being marketed for use for Group Practices. I was disappointed to learn that if you have Interns or Intermediate/Pre-Licensed Clinicians while you can review and sign their notes, there is not notification of any kind. This mean the Intern/Pre-Licensed Clinicians would need to email the Supervisor which client notes to read either daily or weekly--which is simply ridiculous.

Réponse de SimplePractice

Michelle, thank you for your comprehensive review. We're glad to support your practice with our best-in-class practice management platform. We're constantly working on improving our platform, as you've pointed out in our review, and are looking forward to improving our functionality around secondary claims, documentation, and group practices. Thanks for being our customer over the years. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Répondu le 13/08/2019
Jean
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinets médicaux
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 21/09/2021

Simple Practice for SLP

Overall would recommend to anyone with a small practice who is willing to put the time/effort into creating their own templates.

Avantages

Overall this software is very intuitive. It's relatively easy to customize and I love having my documentation in billing all in one place for such a low cost. The customer services is exceptional. Anytime I have a question I simply send a message and link and I have a helpful response within 24 hours.

Inconvénients

As a pediatric SLP, I have had to create my own templates for pretty much everything due to insurance requirements and the nature of my assessment and treatment. This can be time consuming for sure. I would love to be able to use the telehealth software, but I really need to be able to give the kids remote control in order to keep them engaged and as far as I know that isn't a feature at this point. The billing can get confusing, but the customer service has been incredibly helpful with this and I feel it's mostly due to the complexity of the billing for that client more so than the software.

Alternatives envisagées

Fusion

Pourquoi choisir SimplePractice

Started my own (single provider) practice and found Simple Practice to be much more affordable and intuitive.

Pourquoi passer à SimplePractice

Primarily cost

Publié le 03/12/2019

The name of the software says it all.

Overall, I find Simple Practice to be just that, simple. It has all manner of features that I do not employ nor does it force me to jump through hoops I don't require. I might well use some of the bells and whistles at some point but the ease of doing just what I need to do in minimal time is it's major selling point for my practice.

Avantages

The EHR is simple, uncomplicated, and lets me get my work documented without fuss or having to click through various pages to record progress notes. Also, the names in the calendar appear as first, and last, as opposed to some gibberish assigned to each patient that I am forced to remember as my former EHR software required.

Inconvénients

The setting of the appointment time I find to be clunky. It defaults to the current time, which means I have to scroll to the correct time when I make an appointment for the patient. Yes, a minor issue but I wish there was some other way to ascribe an appointment time. I frequently return appointment requests in the evening. having the calendar time default to a PM time is a minor issue but I'm not fond of it. A minor quibble, but I need to be careful or I schedule someone for 8:00 PM when it should have been a morning appointment. I'll get used to it I am sure.

Gracie

Publié le 02/12/2019

Successful Practice Meet Your Sidekick

I switched to Simple Practice from another EHR due to the features offered and the customer support. It is important for me as practice owner to have features such as managing the client portal access and the ability to send new client paperwork via the client portal. Simple Practice has all that is needed with integrated insurance billing, invoices, super bills, clinical note structure, video therapy, and credit card swipe. I am thrilled to have Simple Practice and look forward to learning more about all the features the EHR provides! I know Simple Practice will help me and my practice grow exponentially!

Avantages

I enjoy the software has integrated assessments, a client portal accessible to place on your practice website, Wiley Treatment Planner, and built in paperwork needed for new clients. I am appreciate of the customer service that is prompt with response. The software has amazing training videos that assists with new users like myself.

Inconvénients

Billing insurance does not seem intuitive, however I signed up for a class to gain knowledge in billing.

Janny
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 05/03/2020

It really is simple

So far I really love everything simple practice offers. I love the daily reminders of my schedule. I love that everything is HIPPA compliant. I love how it is user friendly. I love the built in templates and the ease of being able to create any new electronic forms for clients to review and/or fill out. I love that I can also charge clients through the system and that it automatically transfers to my account. Overall this is an amazing system.

Avantages

I love that they already have templates in this system that you can easily modify and make your own. It is very user friendly. Like any electronic software there is always a learning curve but I found this software to be straightforward and easy to navigate and figure out.

Inconvénients

I have had some issues with the telehealth video sessions. I am not sure if this is related to the software or my wifi connection. I do not have many telehealth clients but so far I have had 2 sessions via video sessions and both times I had technical issues with being able to hear my clients or losing connection. However, I am not sure if this is software related or simply wifi issues. Also, being new into private practice it is pretty costly to have this software but I made the choice to have it before I started building a case load so I wouldn't have to deal with transitioning later on. I am glad I did that but I wish maybe they offered new practices some type of introductory rate knowing that many practices don't have a full case load right away.

Nadirah
  • Secteur d'activité : Services à la personne et aux familles

Publié le 28/11/2018

Now that I experineced it for myself-Telehealth (Therapy) Not as scary and awakard it sounded!

First, I am still learning the software, yet from my experience, I believe I will keep it. I am not shopping around for another one. The support is helpful, daily update and reminders that help keep me organized. At some time, I will add the calendar to my website. For now, the software lives up to it name in that it is a simple practice. When I rented office space, I had to be there to meet my client and some would cancel at the last moment. Now, I set the reminders, phone, email, text... and if I client doesn't show, after I have braved the traffic and rushed across town to get to the office, sitting and waiting and wondering if the client will show, I don't feel that I wasted time, gas and frustrated because the client did not call to cancel hours or days before. I really like my online office. I thought it would feel distant and cold...so far, the online face-to-face still feel personal. I also like that the system meet HIPPA and my state requirements.

Avantages

I like the ease of scheduling appointments without having to complete lots of training of how to do so. I appreciate the stripe credit card system that is built into the software as this was one concern I had of accepting payments from client. I like the video conferencing and the fact that live training is offered and I actually get to see the people behind the scene as opposed to email. My inquiry to customer support turn around time was a reasonable and issue resolved. I love the fact the I can send a client a paid invoice immediately, after accepting credit card payment over the phone...thank goodness less paperwork. I really love all of the forms clients need to complete are available...ease of writing progress notes, etc...

Inconvénients

I am still learning to use the software and got confused when I accepted payment the first time, and not certain if I needed to accept stripe versus manual credit card. I accepted manual credit card and had to make a correction. Each client recent activity is a running list and it would be nice if all activity were grouped under the client name. For example, when I click the client name, I see all activity that took place versus a running list of the same client name numerous times and activity. I wish that I could change the portal name. It appears once decided on a name, it is a url and locked, no changes afterward.

Hi Nadirah,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. We are so happy to hear that our Telehealth feature is working so well for your practice, and that reminders have helped your clients show up for their appointments on time. With respect to your comments about the Activity logs and your practice URL, we can provide more assistance here. Please reach out to us with an email request by clicking the orange 'Help' button in the bottom left corner of your account, or by following this link: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We look forward to hearing from you.

- Natasha from SimplePractice

Répondu le 07/12/2018
William

Publié le 14/04/2017

Simple Practice - there is truth in the name

I have tested out Simple Practice for our group practice and we plan on transitioning to it. It's rare to find a company so well balanced in its direction. The user interface design is well thought out and makes doing otherwise complex procedures simple and straightforward. The documentation and user support is something you would expect from a much larger and more resourced entity. The product development has been very focused and well planned as features are thoughtfully implemented. Some of their competitors seem to decide which features to develop at random.

Simple Practice first popped on my radar in 2012 and they had a beautiful interface, a simple iphone app, but they couldn't do much other than notes and calendaring. Oh, how things have changed. They now take payment, and even do autopay on weekly clients. They simply and beautifully execute therapy notes, have a client portal, process insurance claims, have appointment reminders, treatment plans, calendar sync, and you can have clients signup and schedule directly through simple practice. You can even push them assessments to fill out to add to their records.

I didn't like how their product shows client credit's and debit's. I will say that it seems like there is a more intuitive way to do this for reconciling accounts. When you first look at it, it will confuse you and I am sure it is something they spend time on with each new customer. This surprises me that they have kept it this way since everything else is so intuitive.

The only area I can't speak to is what their reporting looks like. Theranest has a feature I like in their reporting as it shows you by clinician and referral source, who has sent you the most business the stick rate, and things like this. Personally, I would love to be able to see more granular data to know what each clinician is best with matching intakes with treatment outcomes and being able to see each clinician's number of clients who are active and their insurance to private pay ratios. If I were to extend my wishlist, I would like some limited CRM features as well to help with new client inquiries.

All of that said, Simple Practice is the Tesla of therapist EMR's. They are pioneering the field and they know it. I recommend them to all clinicians.

Avantages

Features, product speed of development, user interface design, ease of implementation.

Inconvénients

reporting, cost if you have a group, the only credit card company support is Stripe's API and they have a minimum of per month volume before they will lower their fee's.

Réponse de SimplePractice

Hi William, we're grateful that you're part of our community! It's great to hear your story of revisiting SimplePractice after we added more features. We're working hard every day to make improvements so that both solo and group practitioners are able to use our product easily and efficiently.

Répondu le 04/05/2017

Publié le 15/03/2022

Biggest fan is now biggest detractor

I cannot recommend SimplePractice anymore and that is a shame. I am afraid of retaliation even given the unethical nature in which this company has conducted itself, I cannot guarantee that they would cut me off before I am ready to transition.

Avantages

I used to love SP and as an early adopter I was a major champion of their software. Part of my work is as a consultant for new therapists starting their journey as early career professionals. I used to advocate for SP as an EHR because they did a wonderful job of making things easy on therapists. Then about a year ago they got a new [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and decided to go full bore silicon valley start-up. This is not the same company. You need to understand that every review prior to 2022 was a different company. That company was AWESOME.

Inconvénients

They are clearly in financial trouble. They CANNOT be trusted. How else do you explain alienating your entire user base by increasing your prices nearly 200%!? They are either overspending (suggesting incompetence at the management level) or they are gearing up for a Series A and wanting to go IPO eventually. This kind of business model is ANTITHETICAL to the kind of service that we therapists rely on. We need to be able to TRUST that the people we work with will take care of us in the way we take care of our patients. After all, if they are willing to act scrupulously with the people paying them money, what will they do with the data gathered via the EHR?

SimplePractice has frankly annihilated what was simply the greatest goodwill I have ever felt towards a company. Now I see only greed, delusion and arrogance.

I do not say this lightly. I used to run a start-up. I am a business person. This is no way for ANY business to act let

Réponse de SimplePractice

When changing our pricing, we conducted extensive research on how to charge customers at a rate that was commiserate with the services we provide and the labor it requires. We also conducted research on the necessary features and most utilized functions and segmented that data based on the stage of private practice the customer was in: how long they'd been in private practice, if they were a solo-practitioner, small group, large group practice, client case load etc. The new Essential Plan is very similar to our sunset Professional Plan, but it's meant for a solo-practitioner. We've tailored 3 distinct plans to better fit the stages our customers' private practice journey - including an affordable Starter plan. We added many new, highly requested, features in 2021, and extended options for customer support. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to build our product and introduce more customization in our subscription plans in the future.

Répondu le 18/04/2022
Lisa

Publié le 24/07/2018

Overall, a well-designed and easy-to-use EMR

This software keeps me organized, allows me to keep my patient information secure, integrates scheduling/billing/documentation in one place, and offers an app that is well coordinated with the full desktop experience.

Avantages

The design of the software is clean and intuitive, not just the portion experienced by clinicians but also the patient/client portal. I found it easy to create my own templates and appreciate the ability to import the prior note to edit it for each session rather than having to start anew each time I meet with someone. Scheduling both by desktop and by app are very easy to use, allowing to set up repeat appointments. I appreciate the ease of generating superbills and invoices, changing charges and correcting them, and the option of manual inputs of payment if you choose not to use the integrated credit card payment system (Stripe).
I really appreciate the option of "privacy mode" so that patient's full names are not displayed on my calendar.
The 30-day trial was very helpful for ensuring that I was getting what I hoped I was and it was nice to be able to try both the essential and the professional features to figure out which plan made more sense for my practice.

Inconvénients

1. I think others have mentioned the irritation of not being able to contact someone directly for customer support. Emailing is fine, it's not a huge deal, but it just creates delays with issues that I think could be worked out quickly with a phone call.
2. As a psychiatrist, it would be helpful if there were ways to prominently post the patient's allergies, medications, etc in a way where you wouldn't have to hunt through your prior notes to find them. However, this software is marketed to behavioral health professionals broadly rather than psychiatrists specifically, so I wouldn't expect it to be so tailored.
3. I would like to be able to customize the mini-website that my patients see in more ways than what's currently available.
4. The rates for Stripe seemed a little steep (at least for a solo practitioner) but it's your only option if you want an integrated credit card system. In the end, I am doing that piece with a different service to avoid the higher rates.

Réponse de SimplePractice

Lisa, thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful review of SimplePractice. We're glad to hear that you find SimplePractice to be clean and intuitive, and proud to support the work that you do! Did you know you can schedule a one-on-one screensharing session with a Product Specialist at your convenience, any time? We're always standing by to help. I'd also recommend using a Sticky Chart Note to keep information like allergies and medications at the top of the client's chart - just create a Chart Note and set the date to sometime in the future, and it'll stay at the top of the chart! Thanks again for choosing SimplePractice. We're glad you're a part of our community!

- Gillian from SimplePractice

Répondu le 25/07/2018
Kathryn

Publié le 03/02/2022

Great product 3-5 years ago has declined significantly

In the beginning, SimplePractice really helped me streamline my practice and made practice management so much more effective. It was a lifesaver as I was transitioning from agency work to full time private/solo practice. I recommended it to so many colleagues and supervisees. It has really begun to go downhill over the last year since being sold to EngageSmart.

Avantages

The mobile app, customizable forms, template library, reports, and client booking are all really excellent. Billing, calendaring (especially customization like color-coding), chart notes, and other features are "fine" but could be improved.

Inconvénients

I provide supervision and consultation as well as therapy and there is no way to differentiate between types of clients. Customization of the calendar (e.g. color coding for types of clients and location of service) is essentially non-existent. Billing and invoicing has always been confusing and clunky. Just generally, the customer service is absolutely atrocious. SP representatives in online platforms are obtuse and dishonest in responses, and it is really hard to get ahold of someone to help when there is a problem. I also am very disappointed with the new pricing structure which doesn't even attempt to hide the fact that they are strong-arming people into the highest tier by including basic features like calendar syncing or adding a supervisor only in that very highest tier. They clearly prioritize profit/shareholders over customers, and their goal is to monopolize everything about the online therapy world (websites, therapist directory, continuing ed, etc) rather than putting resources into continuing to make their product better. Some really basic features that folks have been asking for for at least 5 1/2 years (since I've been a customer) are still not there.

Stephanie
  • Secteur d'activité : Services à la personne et aux familles
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 17/03/2022

Price Gouging

My experience has been that Simple Practice is not responsive to client complaints or concerns. They have ignored many issues and do not respond in a timely manner to basic questions. Do not get stuck with simple practice as they have a record or raising fees while taking away features.

Avantages

I like the platform but not that they keep raising the cost over and over again.

In 2 years, my Simple Practice subscription has gone up 68%:

Feb of 2020 it was $59
March of 2020 it was raised to $69 (+17%)
March of 2022 increased to $99 (+44% from last increase, +$68% since 2020)
Should I expect this kind of rate increases moving forward? Next increase would be at $140/month and then $200/month?

They took away calendar sync! You have to buy premium just for a feature that should already be included in the basic.

I know you all are "adding features" but none that add any value to me so I'm paying 68% more for the same experience, same functionality. I don't have any use for chatting with people during sessions, blurring the background, default templates or Wiley treatment plans that don't apply to my business, mobile billing or insurance billing, online scheduling, or a website/marketing directory thru you all.

It's especially galling that for the extra money, I still have to build complicated Excel macros to simply calculate and track my actual/net income per session because there isn't a report that shows all of your appts and with how much you get after Stripe's cut.

Abigail
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Publié le 20/11/2021

Great EMR and billing software for occupational therapy community based practice

Our occupational therapy practice has really enjoyed the ease of SimplePractice whether we use it on our laptops or the mobile version since we don't have a physical location. The free trial was a great way to see how the program can work for us and we are so glad that it did it!

Avantages

We have really enjoyed having the app feature for our community based practice. All of our therapists are not in a clinic and this allows for them to document anywhere and quickly. Making changes and creating templates is very easy and simple to do. Our team really has enjoyed the sync feature of the calendar with our G-suite as well as how easy it is to do billing. As the administrative person, submitting claims is SO easy that it has given so much more time to perform other tasks.

Inconvénients

While the calendar syncs seamlessly for our practice, it would be nice that visually that appointment looks different other than looking for the CPT codes to denote a difference. We also have supervisory roles and sometimes it is shared between more than 1 therapist so it would be great to assign that more easily.

Alternatives envisagées

Jane

Pourquoi choisir SimplePractice

ClinicSource was much too bulky of an EMR for our small practice and not much guidance on the how to correctly use the billing feature which ended up in costing more money than planned.

Pourquoi passer à SimplePractice

The cost and the ease of submitting claims
Catherine

Publié le 10/01/2022

SimplePractice increased prices AND took away features...

Very poor. While the service sounded great to start, they blindsided their customers and have provided an underwhelming response to our concerns. I specifically wrote them regarding the rate increases and was provided a copy/paste response (which was already published elsewhere). It wasn't personalized and it most certainly didn't address my concerns.

I would caution all who are considering using SimplePractice as their EHR. This company has increased prices multiple times in the course of 2 years with the latest being the most significant. They don't deliver on promises and they could care less about caring for those using their platform.

Avantages

I've used SimplePractice as my EHR for a couple years. I liked it. It was easy to use. However, they announced rate increases that begin in March 2022. Their announcement was sent out less than 2 months in advance which doesn't feel like enough time for the customer to make a decision on which new plan to use or switch systems.

Inconvénients

They are a shady and money hungry company. They don't actually listen to customer feedback that results in any improvements or changes. They promise future improvements, but nothing comes to fruition.

My subscription cost has a 77% increase if I want to keep some of the same features while losing some of the features I currently have. It is a 154% increase if I want to keep ALL of the same features I currently have and gain a few features that I don't really need and have no use for. Due to that outrageous price increase, I have to look elsewhere for my needs.

2 656 avis