Avis clients sur Katana Cloud Inventory

Avis

Note globale
Avis
En savoir plus

Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana est un logiciel de fabrication et d'inventaire moderne pour les entreprises en pleine croissance. Les utilisateurs peuvent automatiser les flux de travail avec le moteur de réservation automatique intelligente et l'interfac...

En savoir plus

Joshua
Joshua
  • Secteur d'activité : Entreposage

Publié le 19/05/2020

The best for small manufacturing

Avantages

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable.

Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Odoo

Pourquoi choisir Katana Cloud Inventory

ease of use and training of users

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Rebecca
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Publié le 26/10/2021

Intuitive, Fast To Implement, and Beautifully Designed

Avantages

The user interface is clean and very intuitive, requiring essentially no time to learn. Some of the other MRP solutions we tried were difficult to navigate and use, and training on them would have been labor intensive and costly. Katana is beautifully designed, and the batch-tracking and inventory management is easy to adapt to our business (MRPeasy/ERPAG were very clearly not designed with food manufacturing in mind, so making them even remotely functional for that purpose felt like a bit of a fools errand, whereas Katana just works).

Inconvénients

While it is very user-friendly and it has the ability to track batches/lots (which is critical for us), we've had to develop workarounds to make it function the way we need it to -- it doesn't quite handle this the way I would envision it should. There are also some minor time wasters. If there's one simple feature I wish they would change, it's being able to type in the expiration dates rather than having to scroll through the calendar manually to select the correct date. This becomes so onerous when receiving multiple items on a PO and having to manually click through/scroll through the calendar to select the correct date as opposed to simply having a field that allows you to type in the date and move on.

Fishbowl et ERPAG

Pourquoi passer à Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana is a great small business solution that I can easily see growing with us. Fishbowl is cost-prohibitive (and honestly at this point, I'd rather just use Katana). MRPeasy and ERPAG are not as well designed and don't work well as a food industry solution -- they made simple tasks feel like running through a maze. The developers at Katana did a beautiful job of creating something intuitively designed that works well across multiple industries while also making it as clean and aesthetic as it is functional. It's a pleasure to use. I've noticed that they also seem to be regularly implementing improvements and updates, which is awesome. Customer support is friendly and responsive. Highly recommend.
Fatou
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 16/05/2024

Not for Small Manufacturers

I tried using Katana twice for my small laboratory which manufacture skincare

Avantages

Company of any size can use it, you can in theory intergate with lot of other tool like Quickbook and Shopify

Inconvénients

It's very Expansive , even more when you want to follow the lot number. it starts at 179$ per month, if you take the annual billing, which I don't recommend unless you know it very well , the monthly paiement starts at 199$
The solution I am using now cost 39$/month on a monthly paiement basis it's a big difference

Les meilleures alternatives à Katana Cloud Inventory

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Lukas
  • Secteur d'activité : Import/Export

Publié le 09/03/2024

Great for sales and quotes, not so much for inventory.

Avantages

Great user interface, very easily operable.

Inconvénients

Pricing is getting worse. Basic functions disappear and appear later as a paid add on for hefty monthly fee.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your feedback! We'd like to assure you that all updates to our pricing model were based on evaluating our customers' needs and providing customisability to specific business needs, as our top priority is continuing to deliver top-notch services and unparalleled value and support.

Répondu le 14/03/2024
  • Secteur d'activité : Énergies renouvelables et environnement

Publié le 09/09/2019

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

Avantages

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Inconvénients

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Brandon
  • Secteur d'activité : Électronique grand public
s/o

Publié le 09/02/2020

Perfect for where we're at right now

We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

Avantages

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

Inconvénients

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback!

Répondu le 13/02/2020
Elle
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 14/05/2020

Cannot recommend this app enough

Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

Avantages

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

Inconvénients

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the support!

Jonathan

Publié le 28/07/2022

A critical piece of our business that we can't live without

I love it. I've had great interactions with everyone on the team, and I can tell they want to help me succeed. Thanks Katana!

Avantages

Great value, probably the only affordable cloud solution on the market

Inconvénients

It's a great piece of software for data entry. Not so great when it comes to using that data to run your business. No dashboards or views that provide insights. They've solved for this by integrating with Easy-Insight and Stocktrim. Now that those are in place, I'm completely satisfied.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thanks for your review Jonathan, happy to hear Katana saves you the time and effort compared to Airtable!

Répondu le 02/08/2022
Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Great Inventory Software

Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

Avantages

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

Inconvénients

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the support!

Oscar
Oscar
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

Publié le 14/03/2024

The MRP now with less functionality that costs more!

horrible and I would never ever want to be in business with them again, they only see you as money bags.

Avantages

It worked for what I was expecting, it kept track of the items I needed to produce custom embroidered items. It was able to track when I needed to re buy items from my suppliers.

Inconvénients

Where do you even start. I will start with the biggest issue they have. The price.
When I started the cost was around 60aud a month. Then they bumped me up to 400aud a month without any communication, then they bumped me up to $1400 aud a month without any communication.

When confronted with the problem with the pricing, and the illegal practices that they were acting under, they told me it was my fault because I was using API pulls. Which I was not doing. They realised that they were charging me incorrectly, and would "refund me the difference" and I am yet to see the refund. They would have never bothered to address this if I didn't bring it up to them, they would have happily charged me 2333% more than my original subscription without batting an eyelid.

How can a company honestly think that it is okay to charge 2000% more and remove functionality?

Customer service will only meet you at 2am Australian time (useless)

Oh, and they have a 1 month notice cancellation fee for a month to month subscription (illegal) so if you sign up for a month, expect to pay for two. Like a gym, except you didn't sign anything so they can't do that. but they will.

This company is greedy and it will fail if they keep this way. Do not look at reviews from further than two months ago, as that katana is long gone. Read all reviews from recently and you will see very cleary how this greedy corperate company has failed their customers.

Avoid at all costs, get a better mrp software or even a spreadsheet.

Hey Oscar,

I appreciate your review and understand your concerns regarding our pricing.
Your insights are valuable as we continuously improve our services. The decision to change our subscription offerings was made after careful consideration and necessary to continue to deliver excellent service and product/feature development to our customers.
We apologize for any inconvenience and are actively improving our communication processes to ensure transparency in future changes. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're committed to resolving any outstanding issues promptly, as we have done so in your case via continued Success Team engagement.
We believe we have done everything reasonably within our power to resolve your issues. If you feel there is anything more you would like to discuss, we are always available via our Support Chat or you can reach out to your Success Manager via email or schedule meeting.
Thanks for your feedback!

All the best,
Christopher @ Katana

Répondu le 27/03/2024
Danny
  • Secteur d'activité : Fabrication électrique/électronique

Publié le 14/05/2020

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

Avantages

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Inconvénients

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Atlas

Publié le 22/03/2021

Great Software for Custom Production

We switched to this app to help manage our custom product orders. It is really great at helping us track our costs and meet our delivery standards. It connects natively to Shopify which is a big bonus and helps us pull for our orders more efficiently. It also allows us to manage multiple stores/locations easily and effectively.

Avantages

The support is always helpful - they've been quick to answer and they have always been able to answer our questions.

We've had this app for about 2 months now, and we are loving it. The adjustment was fairly simple and easy for staff, importing our data was easy and straight forward for setup.

Inconvénients

Would be great if we could count inventory via barcode scanner instead of manually entering qty's and then importing.

Odoo

Pourquoi passer à Katana Cloud Inventory

We chose Katana because it connects natively to Shopify (no third party link/sync) and it best matched our current and future needs.
Clarke
  • Secteur d'activité : Fabrication électrique/électronique

Publié le 10/02/2022

Intuitive Software

Overall very positive experience so far. Software is intuitive and simple to look at which is good. Customer service is outstanding, had a session with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] which he suggested and he was very good - and has even followed up with us since.

Avantages

The software is very intuitive, meaning everything is in a logical space. The flow between areas works well and we love the ability to be able to customise the quote templates now.

Inconvénients

Haven't found anything as yet, had a few bugs but they mainly seem to be cache related.

Alexander
  • Secteur d'activité : Impression

Publié le 09/09/2019

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

Avantages

+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used.
+ Price structure. Very affordable for us.
+ Customer support.

Inconvénients

- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Rowena
  • Secteur d'activité : Meubles

Publié le 11/09/2021

Does everything it says it will

Like Xero, it's simple but powerful - what's not to like about that?! The support is friendly and helpful (despite only being available online) and the training videos are really well presented and easy to follow. A really good software implementation experience.

Avantages

That may not sound very exciting, but in my experience, it's not always a given that getting the features to work is straightforward. But Katana really is both powerful and yet pretty straightforward, although just BECAUSE it has a lot of facility, I would recommend the investment of a little time in watching some of the training videos, which are excellent. Once I'd done that, it was full steam ahead and everything fell beautifully into place. The integration with Xero was completely straightforward and works like a charm. I know that as we go forward and get more and more information into the system it will provide even more, very valuable information for us.

Inconvénients

I have only a couple of really minor niggles; I would prefer to be able to enter dates, rather than having to always pick them off a calendar (for someone who types fast, this slows me down). I'd also like it if when you are "making" a product, if all the components of that product's sub-assembly are available, the software would just go on down the line and automatically make right down to the lowest assembly level. But as I said, these are really minor and would not stop me from wholeheartedly recommending Katana.

Hanif

Publié le 21/08/2023

Food Manufacturing ERP system

So far the experience has been very good. I have had a few issues with the initial implementation fee which is mandatory and in my opinion expensive for what you get. I do receive some feedback, but sometimes it takes a while to receive it.

Avantages

I loved the user interface and the ease of working with the system. The system is very intuitive and with the instructional videos you can pretty much pick up the basics very quickly. I love the way that you can upload information through Excel and the system is flexible with the upload. Also the seamless integration with Quickbooks online is very nice.

Inconvénients

One of the features that is missing, but they are working on it, is sales forecasting by SKU. This would be a great feature to add as it will allow us to add our expected sales for each SKU and have the system forecast demand. Another issue is when you have a price rule for a client in QuickBooks Katana has no way to see this, so when the invoice is pushed to QuickBooks you have to go through each individual line to accept the price rule. Not a game changer, but a bit of a hassle.

CAMILLA

Publié le 21/02/2024

Bait and Switch

Horrible. MRP systems are time consuming to implement. For them to take away functionality and SIGNIFICANTLY increase the price after the first year was ridiculous. Now we will be implementing a different MRP system. We feel cheated.

Avantages

It seemed simple. It didn't work as originally sold, but they did improve it throughout the first year.

Inconvénients

We THOUGHT it was going to be a good value. But after the first year, they took away functionality and doubled the price!

Brent
  • Secteur d'activité : Machines

Publié le 16/08/2023

First time Katana user

Overall, we have been very happy with the product. There are some features we would like to see implemented, and those have been passed onto to their support team. But the value has far exceeded the cost and we are excited to get completely rolled out soon!

Avantages

The setup is quick and easy and the customer service is nothing short of excellent. We love the simple interface which makes it easy to train others on,. The Excel templates allow for bulk uploads of all of the required data categories which doesn't need to be uploaded manually.

Inconvénients

It could be more circular in that you sometimes have to jump back and forth within the system to complete a task. The production operation feature should allow you to set a default number of labor hours per task so that it isn't required with each manufacturing order setup.

Bill
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits chimiques

Publié le 10/06/2022

Overpriced and insecure

Too expensive, cheaper to purchase some of the Tier One options out there. Insecure as your users have wide open access to all features - including the dreaded "delete all" function.

Avantages

The software has the **potential** to be good.

Inconvénients

There are only 2 user levels "Superusers" with access to all levels of creative and destructive features, and warehouse operators, with access to make to BOM instructions. The lack of "sales team" and other intemediate levels of access is a killer.

Hi Bill,

We're aware our user permissions could be improved, and just around the corner in Q3 '22 we're launching a new and improved version with much more flexibility. We're currently building this out as we've received similar feedback in the past, thanks for your feedback on the topic too!

I'd also like to clear up how user permissions are working currently too, we have 3 levels of users;
Owner - access to all functions, including billing and delete all button.
User - access to all functions, excl billing and delete all button.
Operator - only shop-floor app access.

Additionally, it takes 4 separate steps to clear all account data in settings, including typing out your email address in full and is restricted to only the owner of the account.

If you need any help with users or have additional feedback to give, please chat with us in app as currently it's a great time to incorporate feedback specifically for this feature!

Répondu le 15/06/2022
Danielle
  • Secteur d'activité : Génie mécanique ou industriel
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 27/01/2020

Helped Us Take Our Business to the Next Level

Avantages

Clean interface, well organized and thought out and modern in its features. Integrates well with lots of other software I use, including Quickbooks and Shopify. Customer service is absolutely top notch, and the tutorials are very helpful.

Inconvénients

If you have zero experience with MRPs like I did, it may take you a little while to figure everything out. But the customer service team really goes above and beyond to answer any questions and walk you through anything you're having issues with. If there was one feature I wish was available that is not currently, it's barcode scanner integration. That would make updating my inventory and adding new knives to inventory much easier.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the review and support! We are surely working on enabling barcode scanning soon.

Répondu le 30/01/2020
Shawn

Inventory and Sales Simplified

Excellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.

Avantages

I love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.

Inconvénients

When creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!

• Secteur d'activité : Automobile

Publié le 12/11/2019

Katana for manufacturing

Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are.

if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

Avantages

I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time.

secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

Inconvénients

The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

Répondu le 14/11/2019
Alison
  • Secteur d'activité : Bijoux et produits de luxe

Publié le 04/10/2021

Katana - Amazing Software

Katana makes our manufacturing process and stock control so easy.

Avantages

This makes our manufacturing process so easy, our orders come in via shopify and go straight into Katana. The time it saves us is amazing.

Inconvénients

We would still like to be able to add images to products, this was something we asked for in the early days and were assured it would happen, but not happened to date.

Elton
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Publié le 16/12/2020

Katana has made my life easier

My inventory issues are now a thing of the past. Katana has made it so easy to now sync to Woocommerce, it is so easy to see exactly where my inventory issues are.

Avantages

This product is so easy to us. Once it is set up, it tracks your inventory very well, and the integrations with Woocommerce and Xero are excellent add ons as well. I would recommend to anybody

Inconvénients

The pricing is a bit on the expensive side. As it is invoiced in $US, I don't have a fixed price each month, as it is subject to currency fluctuations, because I do not live in the US.

Réponse de Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your review! Glad to see you have solved your inventory tracking issues with Katana. Excited for your growth!

Répondu le 28/12/2020
Ryan
  • Secteur d'activité : Verre, céramique et béton

Publié le 07/04/2021

Amazing Software!

Avantages

I love how easy it is to keep track of our inventory, and easily order more materials. It is easy to navigate and very user-friendly. You can easily see how much material you have in stock, and Katana warns you when stock is running low. Never again will I run out of what I need! Customer service is very outstanding as well, I have asked them multiple questions and they always get back quickly with a well detailed response. Love it!

Inconvénients

Honestly cannot think of any cons about this software, I have not had any problems out of it.

168 avis