Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Quickbooks Point of Sale

QuickBooks Point of Sale is a retail point of sale system suitable for various small businesses such as clothing and shoe stores, small franchises, sporting goods stores and gift shops. It offers inventory and customer management...

En savoir plus

• Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 26/03/2019

Point of Sale Made Easier

Avantages

Quickbooks Point of Sale is simple and easy to use. Nothing is far out of reach. Sales are a breeze and pulling reports is very easy with the improved user interface. The cloud-centric features are very nice too, offering seamless integration across devices and platforms. There is a POS for every industry in the retail arena.

Inconvénients

It's kind of cumbersome to setup initially. I'd recommend having that part handled by an expert. Apart form that, I can't say anything else bad about it.

Ray
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 29/05/2018

QuickBooks POS - not good for Retail, but anything else maybe

I generally liked the QB POS software and what it did for us, ... but we grew out of this. Ideally this would be great for a small business that had fixed assets that didn't change and if the SBO didn't want to pour out too much money for a POS.

Avantages

1) They release a new product upgrade every other year so there is no need to update your computer software every year. The upgrades are not necessary, but upgrades to provide more features.
2) Everything is backed up to a single database file on the computer; so in the event of a computer crash as long as you're backing up the QBPOS db, you can re-install the software, re-point the db file and get going again.
3) It's easy to use and navigate.
4) Does not require internet connection if the internet goes down
5) Great reports
6) A great company, with solid reputation, with a good name brand product

Inconvénients

1) Customer support is great, but you have to pay for it. I learned to reach out to 3rd party companies for Support. that seemed more eager and
2) Does not integrate with an online store presence. For our online store each time someone purchased something online we had to update our instore inventory; and vica-versa.
3) The software upgrade is a little pricey for 1 upgrade. I remember it was affordable for an upgrade for me; and we only had 1 POS computer & 1 seat. If we had 2 computers it would have been more expensive.
4) Constantly trying to add new inventory and remove old inventory was kind of a hassle. If your business had fixed assets then ideally this would be a good solution.
5) If your computer crashed or you need to get a new computer, you would have to setup the new computer and reinstall the software on the new computer along with the help of QB POS Tech Support. While this in itself wasn't bad it was trying to schedule a time that they were open and the store wasn't open so I could fix this.

Paige
  • Secteur d'activité : Art
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 01/02/2017

An okay system for PC but no compatibility with mobile technology and prone to dumping data

I used Quick-books for about a year and while it was an easy system to use on the PC, I found my business needs were better met by moving to a POS system that was mobile friendly.
Quick-books has a very easy to use the system--items are tracked with a generated barcode and the system lists when the item was brought in when it was purchased last, and by whom it was purchased.
I appreciated the compatibility of the technology to be able to automatically print barcodes for our use as opposed to other Mac POS systems, and overall the system was just fine until one day, two days after the largest sale of the year for our company, I went to ring up an item and I found Quick-books had experienced a major glitch and had deleted all the inventory I had added, sold, or updated within the last two weeks. I was devastated. I had input over 2,000 new pieces (individual, one-of-a-kind pieces of art) into Quick-books for our annual holiday sale and then when I tried to secure records for the pieces sold, bought, or input, suddenly the barcodes did not work, there was no record of me having ever entered in all the new works, and I had no sales records for over 100 artists. Luckily my accountant and I, the Store Manager, had already paid out everything that was sold from the large event, but I spent hours inputting the data back in for the remaining pieces. I was confounded and furious and customer service had no answers as to why this had happened. I immediately began researching POS systems that were mobile friendly and that stored my data and records on the Cloud or other web means so that I would never again have to experience lost data. My decision to move from Quick-books was justified when, just a few weeks later, I went to another local business to buy running shoes and the saleswoman apologized for the slow checkout process, noting that overnight her entire inventory had been wiped clean from her POS. I asked what POS she used, and sure enough, Quick-books had done it to again, left someone in the lurch from unexplained dumped data.
For the price and poor customer service and unreliability, I never regretted moving from Quick-Books Point of Sale to another POS system. I now use Shopkeep and I am very happy with it.

Avantages

Very easy to use. It generates bar codes to corresponding with individual or grouped items and then displays the price, merchandiser, and all vital information in the same place for me to find. I liked to be able to track when, where, and by whom an item was brought in and then sold.

Inconvénients

Quick-Books was prone to glitches and to dumping, data on inventory entered. I lost over 2,000 records on new merchandise brought in for our annual holiday sale. Overnight there was no record I had ever entered, sold, or updated anything over a two-week period, the most pivotal two-week period of our year. Luckily my accountant and I had already paid the artists for their sold works, but it took hours for me to put the inventory back in and update the records. My sales records for those two weeks were also unaccounted for, and suddenly my sales were down by thousands compared with the last year. I was purchasing running shoes from another local business down the street a few weeks later and the saleswoman was having a field day trying to sell anything as overnight, same as what happened to me, Quick-books had dumped all her inventory and it had to be entered in again.

Les meilleures alternatives à Quickbooks Point of Sale

Square Point of Sale

Square Payments

NCR Counterpoint

Weldon

Publié le 14/07/2018

D cent POS software for the money but definitely could be better.

It runs my business

Avantages

Seamless integration with Quickbooks and fairly simple setup as well as fairly inexpensive software are the best features.

Inconvénients

Poor search features in make a sale and goofy differences between make a sale and sales order screens make it obvious that this is somewhat of an afterthought for QuickBooks.

Réponse de Intuit

Happy Tuesday, Weldon. We love hearing about how we can improve the product, and interface suggestions are always very much appreciated. I'd be glad to pass your feedback along to the engineers directly, as they frequently review customer feedback when developing new features/enhancements. When you get a bit of downtime, please send your ideas to me in an email ([email protected]). I'll forward them on your behalf, and will keep a lookout for your message.

In the meantime, I encourage you to explore the Point of Sale Resource Center at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/point-of-sale/customer-resource-center/. There you'll find expert advice, articles, and workflow tips on the small business fundamentals, with a focus on the Point of Sale product.

Until we chat again, wishing you all the best!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Répondu le 17/07/2018
Kevin

Publié le 17/10/2019

Gotta Love It

QB Pos has really helped give us control over our retail operations. Couldn't live without now.

Avantages

This software is full-featured and really does a great job of keeping track of everything going on in your store. From inventory to sales, the information is there and easy to access.

Inconvénients

It can be a little tough to get information out in the form I want. Overall the reporting is great but I sometimes like to look at details that are cumbersome to get to.

Réponse de Intuit

Hi, Kevin. Knowing how helpful the product has been to keep up with your data makes our day. You can continue to count on us to have your back for years to come! To learn more about customizing reports, we recommend checking out this Community article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/run-reports/customize-your-financial-reports/00/186382

Cheering you to continued success.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Répondu le 21/10/2019
Sonja

Publié le 01/04/2021

Difficult Program

Too difficult and creates such unproductivity in the staff when trying to correct sales, inventory, receiving, etc.

Avantages

Not much. We use QB POS 18.0 and it's really not user friendly for anyone in our company. We went through a sales tax audit and the sales tax auditors refused to deal with POS reports because of it's difficulties.

Inconvénients

See above. So much to write. The POS should when integrating with QB Enterprise have the correct sales receipts and journal reference numbers populating correctly but does not. Talking with POS IT people was futile in getting most of the issues resolved. We are looking at getting out of this software and into something else.

Sandra
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 07/05/2018

Quickbooks POS has been helpful for organizing my small business

Avantages

This product has allowed me to be more organized with my small business. I am able to keep track of my customers and the orders that they place. Also, my inventory is neatly organized and allows me to see exactly what items I have in stock and what items I need to order. I particularly like the "quick find" search option which I can use to quickly search for a specific item/client/or receipt. This option also searches through item descriptions which allows me to find exactly what I'm looking for with a few keywords. By far though, I really like how well and organized my previous sales are presented to me. I am able to see how my business is doing through various methods such as a pie chart or a graph, and using my own parameters to analyze my sales.

Inconvénients

It does take a bit of a learning curve to fully grasp all that this POS system has to offer. It does have a tutorial and video guide to walk you step by step through all the features but you need to dedicate quite a bit of time just to learn everything. There are a lot options and a lot of ways to do each part of the POS system such as "make a sale", so it can take a while to figure out which method works best for you. Once you have learned everything, it takes a bit of practice in order to be able to do a function quickly enough to not keep clients waiting.

• Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

Publié le 07/05/2019

POS for our small retail shop

Avantages

We have used this product since the beginning and find it easy to use and integrating it into our books makes life simple.

Inconvénients

Sometimes was a challenge to learn, but an overall great product.

Réponse de Intuit

Thanks for the taking the time to review. While I'm confident you're a pro by now, I know just where you can go should you have questions down the road.

Since we realize learning any new software can be a challenge, we've created a ton of resources, like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) to help ease the learning curve. This multi-function space is an awesome 24/7 outlet where you can chat with QuickBooks reps or explore hundreds of troubleshooting/how-to tutorials. Check it out anytime, and have a good one!

Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Répondu le 08/05/2019

Publié le 04/09/2018

QB Point of Sale Review

DIdn't require to be online as some other versions of a POS system do require. This is a nice feature as it is a pay one time not monthly.

Avantages

Easy to adapt has two different screen settings that make it easy depending on your type of retail business that allows it easy to understand. If you are not a computer expert you can still feel smart using the POS software.

Inconvénients

Price and if you do need to call for help, since it is a QB product support time is usually longer than you want. The support call time can be a problem if you have an issue with the POS system during normal operational hours.

Arthur
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Publié le 07/03/2018

POS enabled us to add a retail location to our distribution business, minimal time spent...

The intergration with QB Financials

Avantages

Ease of setup and intetgration into our QB Enterprise software. We got system setup in under an hour and was connected to QB Finance and ringing up customers with a hour and a half.

Inconvénients

How inventory goes into QB Financial but we developed a work around. Inventory needs to be able to use QB Finance as the main record for inventory

Lisa

Publié le 14/01/2021

bugs in the system

I am so disappointed. I have logged 50 hours on the phone with customer service since August 2020.

The engineers obviously released the new updated system too soon and my business suffers because of it. I also found that the pin pad freezes and then reverses your sale even though you think it went thru.

awful!!

Avantages

I love that it is easy to use and has good reporting ability. Links well with QB Bookkeeping

Inconvénients

I was told to upgrade from QB 12.0 to 19.0.. I have had nothing but problems. The first day we set it up there was an error and there continues to be same error message even though i have spent numerous hours on phone with customer service. I am on my 3rd pin pad and had the system uninstalled and re-installed twice. They want to do it again but I refused as they just keep trying different things instead of really figuring out what the problem is. Today I tried to process a $400 sale on applepay and was told that they have an issue with this type of payment (even though this new pin pad was supposed to take Apple pay)

They never let you know of issues. You just have to experience them and then call in.

Shelby

Publié le 10/11/2017

I feel like less competent than a monkey in a space rocket with this tool - NEED TRAINING!!

Avantages

It seems that the ability to really do ANYthing with the software is there, yet without the proper time and training one can use it only to about 10% of its potential. That said, the 10% is better than the old cash register and this has been a very useful tool for getting our business's inventory managed and sales organized.

Inconvénients

This is an incredibly complex system that ought to come along with intensive (and free of cost) training. This is not an intuitive software and there are just so many ins and outs and ups and downs that I learn something new everytime I poke around a bit and think: "shoot, I wish I would have known about that three years ago when I got this thing!!!"

• Secteur d'activité : Services et installations de loisirs
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 11/08/2018

Functional not pretty, gets the job done

Overall gets the job done.

Avantages

Has customization - we have a quick pick category for most commonly bought items.
Has useful features like reports, storing customer info, purchase orders.

Inconvénients

It isn't very user friendly - have to x out of windows to get back to selling. User interface is ugly and in general a bit clunky. Could be user error... but nothing seems to scan once entered.

Réponse de Intuit

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us your honest review. While I'm glad the customization options have lent a lot to the functionality you enjoy, I want to make sure you can easily navigate the software. The Resource Center is a awesome outlet in that aspect, and there's one made for POS at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/point-of-sale/customer-resource-center/. You'll find a ton of tutorial and guided videos there, as well as advice on the small business and retail fundamentals.

The info above will help streamline your workflow, but I want to make your voice is heard when it comes to your suggestions about the interface. We love hearing how we can improve, as the engineers default to customer ideas when drumming up new features.

Could you send me your feedback in an email ([email protected])? I can forward your comments to the Development Team. This way, I can also take a look at the issue you've had with scanning and provide a fix one-on-one.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Répondu le 13/08/2018
Tanya
  • Secteur d'activité : Loisirs, voyage et tourisme

Publié le 22/09/2020

Best for retail not service

For retail I find its great. its easy to use to enter the items we need and get through the sale

Avantages

For the retail side of the business its great for tracking inventory and sales. Ease of set was great.

Inconvénients

We provide a lot of services and don't want to have to run information through two systems. For services this is not great. The reports don't give the right information and the information doesn't transfer to Quickbooks accounting software to provide the information as well. We can't add classes and are struggling with running invoices. This could also be in part of lack of understanding how the systems work.

Publié le 25/05/2018

Great software for our business needs.

Avantages

It is a great software tools to not only track our business finances, but also our customers, vendors, and employees easily on 1 site.

Inconvénients

Only 1 user can work the program at a time and then the file must be backed up each time for another use to log in. We tried the online version and did not like it so when we went back to the desktop program 5 months later, we had to back track months of data.

Carole

Publié le 11/08/2017

Too many crashes

Avantages

I liked the reports that were set up in the system. I was able to track my business easily with little effort. It was quite easy to learn to operate.

Inconvénients

It got to the point that we couldn't trust the inventory numbers anymore. It was spitting out numbers that were questionable based on given facts. We changed to a web based program so we could access it from anywhere.

Susan

Publié le 14/07/2017

Quickbooks POS

Avantages

Simple to use, self explanatory, Easy set up- easy to talk an employee through over the phone if they need to use a new part of the system

Inconvénients

It would help if there was a report that showed busy times of day, how many invoices per hour, -is good for staffing purposes and when looking at hourly changes-my old system had this and we used it quite alot

Jaunett
  • Secteur d'activité : Supermarchés

Publié le 09/11/2017

QB POS is worth a try

Avantages

QuickBooks POS is a very affordable system. You get a lot of bang for your buck. Excellent at tracking inventory. QuickBooks tech support cannot be beat.

Inconvénients

Reports are clunky and hard to navigate. The POS system does not connect with QuickBooks desktop as well as it should.

Mia
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 26/02/2018

Easy Use

Avantages

Very Easy to use and love that I can export to excel. Reports are usually easy to use. I like that open invoices are lined up and clumped together

Inconvénients

I dont like that every time I open QB it doesn't go to home page, I have to close out of everything I worked on

Ed
  • Secteur d'activité : Matériaux de construction

Publié le 19/07/2018

Using outdated version.

looking possibly to upgrade to V18.

Avantages

Using Quickbooks Accounting, so integrates well. Feels a lot like Quickbooks Accounting so is easy to use.

Inconvénients

We have V12, which is over five years old, and we could not get any help desk support for this older version.

Andy

Publié le 10/08/2017

I am happy , i like it

Avantages

Very easy operations, daily reports and
Inventory maintenance, very easy to operate
Price look up and price change is easy. This product is really good and affordable, I already have 3 stores, I am using same Product for My all business.

Katherine

Publié le 05/04/2017

Terrible support

Don't purchase a POS solution where the administration for support takes hours before you can get a support person online. Also, because of turnover at our organization, we have been trying to change the contract person for more than a month. The requirements include a copy of drivers license, copy of bank account, and letter from President !! Really ?? Top that off with contact people who you have no idea where they are located. Administration that insists on calling back 'after hours' for our Eastern time zone and the support turns out to be useless at best. We cannot change the contact person and the actual tech support team members cannot help us out with intermittent issues with the POS freezing up. I would never recommend QB, Intuit, or the POS. AND I have to add that there is no escalation at Intuit, so no one actually cares that there are problems.

Avantages

Inexpensive POS software, but the tech support and administration is nearly impossible to work with.

Inconvénients

POS is general a mission critical function and the support from QB POS is the worst I have ever experienced

Nitika
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 20/03/2018

Quickbooks is easy to use and takes care of all of our payroll needs

Avantages

I like that it is easy to use for someone who is not an accountant. It is easy to categorize vendors and employees. It is easy to pull all kinds of reports to stay on top of finances. It is also easy to track various bank accounts in one place. I just love it!

Inconvénients

There isn't much I don't like about this software. There is some functionality such as the vacation pay that could be a little more user friendly I feel. We have employees who get paid a set amount of vacation a year and by hours they work. And we found it a little confusing to set up. But, it did get set up.

Jevanni

Publié le 06/12/2017

It will make your work day simpler and more efficient. You should definitely give it a try

Avantages

Quick books allows me to easily search customers and all the information we have on each one. I can find their location, phone number, email address and much more just with a few clicks.

Inconvénients

Price, seems high but for everything it does it was worth it. Saved me from using an accountant and paying someone else to keep my books. I was able to do it all myself.

Lonne
  • Secteur d'activité : Musées et institutions
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 09/08/2017

Quickbooks POS is very powerful, but requires a paid IT staff person to set up and maintain.

As powerful as a jet fighter plane, and just as complicated to learn to fly! Requires a very high committment to training and a competent bookkeeping and IT support staff.

Avantages

Very, very powerful features and capability. An overwhelming number of features for customizing and controlling inventory.

Inconvénients

Exceedingly complicated and difficult to learn. Would not recommend this to any business or non-profit that cannot afford to hire both bookkeeping and IT professionals to set up and keep the system maintained.

Although Quickbooks POS and Quicbooks Bookkeeping software is supposed to be fully integrated, classifications set up in POS do not automatically port over to Quickbooks Bookkeeping software.

Many of the reports are not intuitive to generate or interpret.

Fixing after-the-fact sales errors in POS is problematic and overly complicated.

171 avis