Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Toast POS

Toast POS est un système flexible conçu exclusivement pour les restaurants et le secteur de la restauration. Offrant des outils tels que la commande en ligne, la livraison, les plats à emporter, la commande sur application...

En savoir plus

Classer par :
Jeff

Publié le 14/10/2019

So Great to Have Everything Consolidated

Overall I think after a lot of research and a couple of trials Toast seemed to be the best option as a long-term solution. I believe it can grow with us over the years.

Avantages

One stop shop plug and play solution! I was not interested in having to switch between systems and wanted easy reporting across the business.

Inconvénients

Takes a while to learn all the functionality but worth it once learned. Although it’s not a problem with the software itself, either a better hard copy training manual or disk would be helpful.

Time Tracker

Pourquoi passer à Toast POS

More robust and offered more scale as we grow to keep everything on one platform.

Réponse de Toast

Hi Jeff, Jasmine from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your all-in-one, Toast POS System! For helpful training material, encourage you to refer to Toast Central at https://central.toasttab.com/s/.

Linda

Great POS System for Restaurants

We've been pretty happy with Toast. We've used them for over 4 years & have no thoughts about switching POS systems.

Avantages

It is so easy to make changes & push them to the terminals. Easy to manage from home rather than having to be onsite all the time. Credit card payments are received in a timely manner & customer service has always taken great care of us. Also a great point is that you can keep running when the internet goes down. It's not perfect, but it's the best that we've seen.

Inconvénients

Servers complain that when you close the credit card orders that you have to enter your POS number again. I complain because I can't see more than 24 months of information and can only see it 6 months at a time. I wish that sales were assigned to the time frame they were purchased at and not at the time that the ticket was opened.

Dan
  • Secteur d'activité : Ressources humaines

Publié le 06/03/2023

A solid and flexible POS option

Avantages

Lots of functionality, integration with other software, and versatility. It's constantly evolving and improving.

Inconvénients

Not user friendly at all from a back office perspective, slow, limited support except for FAQs/videos.

Les meilleures alternatives à Toast POS

Sam

Publié le 14/12/2022

Best POS out there

Overall, Toast is the most comprehensive POS, best value for the cost, and has great community support.

Avantages

Software is user friendly. It has vast functionality and great reporting. I also use Toast Payroll which has been amazing.

Inconvénients

Support is not efficient. It is time consuming to get problems resolved sometimes. Also the equipment did not hold up well- possibly due to the volume of our business.

Wendy

Publié le 06/12/2022

Essential

The best pos out there for all restaurants.

Avantages

Toast offers all the tools we need as a business. We initially adopted to get away from our legacy system that did not offer affordable POS option with cloud-based services at the time. Toast makes it easy for me to manage all three of my locations.

Inconvénients

There are a few glitches in the system that could be fixed faster. They generally do update and fix quickly but some things take away as they gather user feedback. Also, it would be nice to enterprise our menu management for multi-locations.

Karin

Publié le 19/12/2022

Toast Changed Everything for the Better

Avantages

We started with Toast in 2020 during the pandemic. Toast was the only thing that was good about that year! The integration of the online ordering into our daily or weekly menu updates are seamless. Customers had questions answered and orders filled without our help or guidance. I love the ease of use for service. We have had several new staff members and they pick up the system without too much training. It's easy to transfer tickets and items, cancel sales and give discounts, as well as run all the reports we need for success.

Inconvénients

I wish there was an app where I could change things, look at reports, and update menus from my phone instead of going through a browser.

Peggy

Toast POS

Avantages

Software is intuitive and easy to navigate. Customer Service people ramp up quickly.

Inconvénients

Focused almost exclusively on table service restaurants. Features for quick service need to be enhanced. Improvements need to be made in the area of Order management and Throttling in the Quick Service environment.

Tim

Publié le 14/12/2022

The best solution for restaurants

We built an entirely new concept around the functionality of Toast, with kiosk ordering, multiple prep stations and integrated online ordering (from a third party vendor). While we have things working, there are multiple aspects of the workflow that prevent us from being as efficient as we'd like.

Avantages

The ease of setting up menus and distributing orders to prep stations and expeditors.

Inconvénients

The blindspots in the functionality with respect to complex operations like ours.

Patrick
  • Secteur d'activité : Production alimentaire

Publié le 08/11/2022

Excellent Service, with one caveat

The system itself is excellent, though their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Avantages

Easy to use, easy to set up different stations (bar, kitchen, prep), very little goes wrong day to day

Inconvénients

I've stopped contacting customer service because, most often, I know more about the system than they do. Multiple times I've called or chatted, asking for some feature to be implemented to be told that it can't be done; only to find, after some detective work by me, that it can, in fact, be done.

Square Payments

Pourquoi choisir Toast POS

Cost, ease of use, integration of online ordering

Cost, ease of use, integration of online ordering
Donna
  • Secteur d'activité : Impression
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 02/03/2023

Easy to use for online ordering from restaurants/bars.

I would recommend it to any establishment that wants to do online ordering.

Avantages

I love how the items are displayed in an easy to navigate layout.

Inconvénients

Like with anything new, there is a learning curve, but it is easy to navigate and complete your order.

Valentina

Publié le 21/10/2019

Beware of their promises

After 6 months, I am not impressed. I am spending so much more money than I was before, and put in so much effort and time into setting everything up, but nothing is ever on point with Toast.

Avantages

Nice features and ways to set up the menu for ease of use by employees. User-friendly up to a certain extent.

Inconvénients

Most of the features promised by the sales rep were all available at an extra cost, after paying a lot of money already for the system and the hardware, you have to pay extra for EVERYTHING. Their customer support is very unreliable, sometimes you have someone great who knows exactly what you are talking about, sometimes it seems like the person has never even used the POS before... They put you on hold for 10+ minutes at a time too.

Réponse de Toast

Hi Valentina, Jasmine from Toast here. We greatly appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide best-in-class customer support and offer solutions for all of our customers. We encourage you to reach out to your Restaurant Success Manager so we can help your business thrive on Toast.

Matt

Publié le 12/09/2021

Be Prepared for nickel and dimming

Overall it runs smoothly 90% of the tine with no issues. When there is an issue, good luck getting the resolution you were hoping for and be prepared to get very frustrated with them. Unless you're adding on services to increase your monthly bill, your not important to them anymore. Also the install was a complete joke, do yourself a favor and do the self install and save your money from the start.

Avantages

Very easy to use and make on the fly changes

Inconvénients

The constant Nickel & Dimming! I have multiple restaurants and its so frustrating that each one has different pricing. I have had toast for over 5 years now and it constantly has changed so much so fast that the customer service line employees have no idea how to get things done. If you power on and off and it does not work you will have to wait for someone to call you back that has higher credentials.

Also I have had their special router go out 2x now (funny just a week after warranty both times) and my restaurant could no longer use the POS and they could care less. Its been 1 week and still no replacement. Such a shame their customer service is so bad and it just feels like a money grab at times.

Anang

Publié le 20/09/2019

Glad we selected this solution

Very pleased with our decision to replace our old solution with Toast.

Avantages

Very feature rich with a robust online delivery platform that seamlessly integrates with the POS solution. Synchronization is almost immediate and we have seen a huge increase in online ordering already. The self service kiosk was easy to setup and has a great look and feel

Inconvénients

Overwhelming and we have barely begun to turn on all the other features - customer loyalty, customer feedback, delivery and so on.

Lightspeed Retail

Pourquoi choisir Toast POS

Looking for increased capabilities such as kds and better customer support

Logiciel antérieur

Clover

Pourquoi passer à Toast POS

Lower TCO and features we were looking for. Also has a bigger footprint in our city

Réponse de Toast

Hi Anang, Jasmine from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear you have been driving online orders with Toast Digital Ordering as well as enjoying Toast Kiosk. We hope you will soon be able to take advantage of everything Toast has to offer! Please refer to Toast Central at https://central.toasttab.com/s/ for best practices and educational material while you get rolling.

Shayna

Publié le 03/01/2023

Best Decision we made in 2022

This was the best decision we made in 2022. The customer service and offerings of the platform are next to none. This is our 3rd POS system since opening 7 years ago, and I can say with confidence, it is the best of what's around.

Avantages

I love how robust it is! The search bar feature at the top makes it easy to find what you are looking for in a platform that is really encompassing of any of our retail and restaurant POS needs. I also love Quick Edit and that people on the floor can make quick changes without relying on management to go into the back office.

Inconvénients

I wish there were a mobile app that would allow me to quickly check sales instead of having to login through a browser.

Elise

Publié le 20/12/2022

I love Toast!

My overall experience with Toast has been great. We love doing business with you.

Avantages

I love that i can change a button on a dime, update prices easily and the customer service is friendly to work with and always helpful.

Inconvénients

I don't like that during a power outage that there isn't a battery backup on the system so my staff can still update their tips before the 4:00 am batch out time for credit card processing. We recently lost power for almost 48 hrs and we were open, there was not really any plan in place per Toast. We cant just not pay our staff their hard earned tips.

Nick

First Class

From point of sale, to payment processing, to administrative setup up, to analytics and reporting, this is legitimately the most intuitive operating system I've used in nearly two decades in the restaurant industry. I sing its praises to every restaurateur/industry employee I come across.

Avantages

Intuitive front and back end for both user and admin. It is night and day from every other operating system I've used. Everything about this system is designed around the end user experience and implemented nearly flawlessly.

Inconvénients

Occasional difficulty with card reader/ hardware. Though issues are dealt with promptly by customer service.

Matt

Publié le 03/01/2023

The Gold Standard of Restaurant Point of Sale Systems

Truly exceptional. Toast support and continued development of the platform will keep me a guest /client for life. I’m impressed at every turn and I have a ton of experience w other systems. Toast is just so far ahead.

Avantages

Deep easy to use functionality Incredible reporting and kitchen management.

Inconvénients

I would love the addition of a report writer. Reporting is deep and covers my needs but I’m a data hound and would love a report writer.

Tim

Publié le 29/01/2020

Disappointed is the right way to say it. Promised so much and did not deliver

It started off strong, and then just slowly going down hill. They have you locked in is how I feel, and now they don’t care.. They are worried about other things...

Avantages

The hardware is nice. Having a handheld order taker is very nice. Also saving some paper with people signing the handheld device, but there are some issues as well. If there is an issue, it is nice to have a US based support center..

Inconvénients

Well, You can not add an auto charge of 3% if a person is using a credit card unless you manually add it, the kitchen display has glitches, an order with 5 things will send a text alert for each item rather than the entire order when finished. I was also promised that the credit cards would not cost more, they would match or beet what I had in the past, and that is not ringing true to the tune of around 100 ish a month.... Took 4 months to get someone to finally review the credit card charges only for him to “shine me on” which is frustrating to a business owner. I have also had a few extremely good feature requests that I know other restaurants would use, like using the hand held to present the final bill rather than printing a receipt... But honestly there is no way to know if anyone has herd you, if anything will happen or if anyone cares... Also you can’t have pictures in the POS.. having pictures as well as having descriptions and a recipe would be great.. but no options...

Réponse de Toast

Hi Tim, Mora from Toast here. Thank you for all this feedback, we appreciate hearing from you as we work to continuously improve our product! We do have many great feature ideas in our queue from customers and are constantly working on implementing them. I would encourage you to follow "Feature Release Updates", available on Toast Central (central.toasttab.com). This is where you can find the most up-to-date product release notes for various Toast products.

Répondu le 12/03/2020
Devin

Publié le 18/02/2021

A disastrous experiment

The initial sales experience was exhausting. It's like they hire people from the mattress stores: they quote you prices at 4,000% of what they need and then call you constantly, coming down.

The equipment's sleek and they're good at helping with installation. But if you're a small outfit like mine, they probably sold you twice as much stuff as you need.

Pre-pandemic the customer service was on point. But then the Toast-Go that my coffee shop relied on (the mobile unit we used in our drive-thru window) crapped out; it just stopped charging. They sent me another one, but for five days or so the speed of our drive-thru service was significantly impaired.

Then the new Toast-Go crapped out: it just didn't charge anymore. Same thing. This time it was impossible to reach customer service. Apparently they laid off most everyone in COVID April. Maybe it was possible if you could wait on hold for a couple hours. There is no "callback" function on their customer service line: you have to listen to the music.

Through their awkward online customer service mechanism, I suggested they send me another MobileGo but let me hang onto the current one, in case it started charging again (the previous one had done this, after several days of lying dead, before I had to send it back). They never got back and ended up charging me for the new piece in spite of my warranty.

The new one crapped out. I canceled my contract. They're making me buy it out for $33 a month x 20. I hate Toast.

Avantages

The UI is pretty intuitive and the reporting is very solid.

Inconvénients

It failed constantly. They're charging me anyway.

Kristina

Act Now!

Overall very satisfied with toast! Would recommend to any growing company!

Avantages

User friendly! Customer service and software is up to current.

Inconvénients

That it's still in the building blocks stages and it's not 100% full proof when integrated with third party deliveries. It will unarchive old data daily. One has to be very dedicated to this position to make it work!

iCloud
Theo

Publié le 26/03/2018

Toast is really a great system easy & saves time. Problems false promises from sales rep & cc...

Avantages

That is super user friendly. Fast and overall a great system. Seriously aside from what I write in the CON section. Toast REALLY is the best software POS system I have worked with. Hands down.

Inconvénients

The credit card processing fees they initially promise you they can match your current rates which they DO NOT its a LIE. Then customer service never gets back to you or passes you on to someone else then someone else and someone else. Never follow through with their promises and never can get ahold of your sales rep and he doesn't reply or follow through when you finally do get him on phone. Beware they will not match your credit card rate like they promise you. They will overcharge you if you don't watch exactly what they are taking out of you bank account. You will get charged for modules they say they will " give you for x amount of months free" and then continue getting charged and have to wait months and months and make a million phone calls to try and get your money back for 'free trials they charged you for and your money back for when you told them you didn't want them at all after "free trail" and they continue charging you. Biggest advice is get your credit card rates in clear upfront writing and sit down and figure it out. Make sure they are not screwing you. Because its not only happened to us but several other businesses.

Réponse de Toast

Hi Theo - It's great to hear that Toast has saved you time and made the business more efficient. We strive to make merchant processing as transparent and straightforward as possible. It's great advice to discuss rates upfront and get the clear rate breakdown. Please work with our Support team to address your concerns. We want to find a solution that works for you.

Répondu le 02/04/2018

Publié le 15/04/2021

Online ordering is a mess

The system is slick but they don't help you get it going correctly.

Avantages

Great analytics but the on boarding and follow up customer service is embarrassing.

Inconvénients

I've been trying to set up online ordering for weeks now. It's been counting a lot of problems because of the basic lack of customer support. They are responsive but spend a lot of time telling you how they understand where you're coming from without actually solving any problems. It got so ridiculous that I asked a basic question about how toast had approved a test transaction outside of the 5 mile delivery radius and what happens if a customer did this. The agent I was poking with actually told me that she didn't know what would happen, or even if those delivery services was functional right now. I asked her frank advice as to whether or not I could trust the system I if I turned it on and she said she didn't know. I was supposed to receive a follow up call from a manager this morning and have now been waiting by my phone for two hours past the appointed time. Also, I was actually charged a fee for setting up online ordering when I first got the system. Just embarrassing.

Publié le 21/01/2022

No support

Overall the customer service is the problem. We were a new business so we asked them to help us set it up. Obviously all of our questions did not arise during that initial setup and they never properly set it up for our menu/service. Support was a joke in helping us thereafter. We have not even used all the modules out of frustration. We have had to make adjustments we go , but it is still not optimized after 3 years. We wanted this to work for us because it is such an easy to use and adjust platform, but, we are considering a new company after 3 years. If you are a new business and not sure how to set this up, find another company. The support team is clearly not skilled. There will be issues. They will advise you to watch countless videos. That is not support.

Avantages

Relatively easy to use if set up properly. Easy to adjust menu on the fly. Offline CC processing. Payroll is responsive.

Inconvénients

They do not give you the time of day unless they are trying to sell you something. Waste of money paying them to set it up. We can't even get good support using a free trial of their new service modules . They will just tell you how much this will increase your sales.

Kristin
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

Publié le 19/12/2022

Company launch to 5 locations

Overall, the experience has been positive, with the exception of having a dedicated Toast employees to ask questions of, we are referred to the toast classroom.

Avantages

Toast is mobile for administrative purposes, it's live reporting, and easily used from mobile devices

Inconvénients

I don't have control of processing fees, I don't have access to customized reporting

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Publié le 14/01/2019

One of the most intuitive POS systems I have encountered

When I began using Toast there was fear of a learning curve however I immediately adapted to it as it seemingly was designed by the professionals in the industry who use it. Everything is where it needs to be and it is incredibly easy to train new employees on the system even without previous experience working with a POS system.

Very intuitive user interface
Incredibly easy to pick up and go with previous POS system knowledge
Very responsive clicks
Great organization tools for menu options
Split check function is much easier to use than other systems
Credit card transaction time is very fast

Inconvénients

Training entire staff over to a new POS
Other than the cost of training and time for adaptation there is no reason this POS should not be ranked alongside the industry standards like Aloha and Micros

Réponse de Toast

Hi there, Jasmine from Toast here. It¿s great to hear that Toast is helping your restaurant become more efficient and that it is easy to use and integrate into your restaurant. We are glad some of our features, like the split check function and quick credit card transaction, are helping your operations. We're excited to continue to help you to thrive!

Répondu le 29/01/2019