Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Learn

Blackboard Learn est un LMS (Learning Management System) interactif qui convient aux universités, à l'enseignement primaire et secondaire, aux programmes gouvernementaux et militaires, ainsi qu'aux grandes entreprises de divers...

En savoir plus

Signe
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction

Publié le 18/08/2021

Simplifies Grades, Course Communications, & Materials Distribution

There are a lot of learning management systems out there, and I've used several of them. Blackboard is my favorite. It has excellent capabilities, improves organization, and makes it very easy to communicate with students.

Avantages

Blackboard is a great tool for communicating with students, distributing course materials, and recording student grades. The "one-stop shopping" approach makes it easy for professors to stay organized in each class, and it also makes it easy for students to stay organized. When used well, Blackboard allows you to do everything from communicating with students to uploading assignment sheets to sending class announcements.

As a writing professor, I especially appreciate the SafeAssign feature that checks student assignments for plagiarism. Once I started requiring my students to use SafeAssign, I found that plagiarism attempts dropped off significantly. (So did attempts to recycle papers from one course to another.) In addition, SafeAssign saves me a lot of leg work when students DO plagiarize -- it flags the suspect text as well as the source, so I don't have to hunt it down myself.

Inconvénients

For me, Blackboard wasn't intuitive to learn. Even after 7 years of using it nearly ever day during the semester, I had some challenges making it do what I wanted it to do. I often spent far more time than I should have trying to customize things for my courses. But, as long as I stuck to the basic features -- which are also the ones I personally found most useful/beneficial -- Blackboard was a great tool for organizing my courses and keeping students on track.

Solange
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 14/12/2022

Blackboard

Avantages

it's easy to use and has some great features

Inconvénients

it's hard to search for a specific thing like the title of a doc

• Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

Publié le 24/04/2022

BlackBoard Learn is a Relic of a Bygone Era

I have used BlackBoard Learn for 5 years now, and I can report that it's a tool that I've tolerated with a fair degree of frustration, as opposed to a tool that I'd relish and recommend to others.

Avantages

BlackBoard Learn is a reliable tool for basic communication, content collection, and assessments. There are convenience factors baked into its framework in the sense that instructors can readily copy and reuse materials from earlier semesters, but other capabilities have far surpassed the benefits of this complacency factor. Also, the price point of BlackBoard Learn is extremely compelling, and they have reliable customer support and service.

Inconvénients

Doing anything on BlackBoard Learn requires significantly more clicks and testing than competing products. The design is clunky, and it directly contradicts the instructional delivery of faculty who know what else is out there, as well as the learning-design preferences of Gen-Z students.

CANVAS, Moodle LMS et Schoology

Pourquoi passer à Blackboard Learn

I was not part of the committee that made the decision to continue with BlackBoard Learn, but I believe the continuation was justified because of its low-cost and the challenge of switching to a competing model. Upgrading the LMS is a bit like updating your operating system. You can kick the can down the road and keep your status quo in place, but when you eventually update, you gain new capabilities, efficiencies, securities, and collaborative synergies.

Les meilleures alternatives à Blackboard Learn

• Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion

Publié le 07/10/2022

Perfect and always saves time

Avantages

The softwares capacity to synchronize contacts and users information.

Inconvénients

Near to perfect but it has little hitch when it comes to support.

CANVAS

Pourquoi passer à Blackboard Learn

Canvas tend to favour learning institutions only.
Megan
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 09/01/2023

Blackboard

great for school and I use it everyday

Avantages

I like how organized this is, it’s super easy to use

Inconvénients

I wish that some of the sub folders are a little more organized

Kim
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 09/11/2021

Better Learning Tool Out There

Overall my experience with Blackboard was not bad but since using other software I do prefer the others to Blackboard Learn.

Avantages

Hosting courses on Blackboard is better than having another software. Helps with managing your class and multiple users can work together to add work to it. Integration with zoom is great and necessary. Eases the maintenance that comes with large classes for teacher assistants and professors.

Inconvénients

So many features could be improved. We now use Canvas and prefer that to Blackboard Learn. Need more integration and more improvements on the mobile app.

Laura
  • Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 5 001-10 000 employés

Publié le 27/05/2022

BB Learn-the old workhouse

I will continue to use BB Learn or soon we will be using Ultra, for as long as I have to for my job. If my job were to ask me should we keep BB or switch to another LMS - I would say SWITCH!

One of the absolute worst features within BB is the Voice thread area. I used to use it and had to teach others how to use it. They (BB) decided to "improve it" a couple years ago and now it is so difficult to use that I tried to create user guides and could not get it to work and it was so complicated now, I have given up on it entirely and do not recommend that area at all for anyone to use.

Avantages

I like the powerful features and security of the program

Inconvénients

BB is the most frustrating program I have ever used. It was one of the 1st LMS programs-I have heard. Its design is clunky and seems to be created by someone with little UXUI experience, I mean UXUI was a field that was known only by the people in the top of their field 20+ years ago so that would make sense! The lack of logical design for buttons and search areas is aggravating. The lack of them going back and changing things for the better and getting a visual designer and UXUI person involved NOW to fix the program-is again aggravating. An example to add a user, you click on a menu item-it goes to a window on the right and there is a search field there which one is supposed to ignore and know somehow to click on a button that does not look like a button called "Find Users To Enroll". WHY, is the search field even showing? Do you know how many times if I get away form using BB for a few weeks or months I end up typing in that filed instead of a button that does not look like a button? Explaining to faculty to NOT type in the field is a constant, because your intuition thinks the design makes sense-it does not.

yasha
  • Secteur d'activité : Appareils médicaux
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 13/01/2023

Complicated

Avantages

This is a very straight forward software for students during college, I liked that it was easy to access and you were able to communicate with instructors and classmates without compromising your personal information

Inconvénients

The only downside of this software is that the app usually doesn't work and the software itself it's kind of difficult to navigate without prior instructions

paul
  • Secteur d'activité : Équipement et fournitures de bureau
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

Publié le 15/12/2022

blackboard learn

its wonderful

Avantages

its easy in writting and downloading movies

Inconvénients

no there is nothing that is missing --it all well

Boyd
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 29/12/2022

Learning made easy

Avantages

I haven't had any complaints from students so far, courses have been going well.

Inconvénients

There was a connection problem at first but it was sorted.

Tanay
  • Secteur d'activité : Électronique grand public
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 30/07/2021

Wow..an excellent online Learning platform

Pandemic-related problems with submitting assignments and accessing information for my online and face-to-face classes. It has become increasingly apparent to me as I progress through graduate school that this site will be useful not only for my coursework, but also for group presentations and collaboration with other students.

Avantages

My assignments and materials are organized in one place. As of the most recent update, it is now much easier to use than it used to be. Assigning assignments and adding details to classes has never been simpler. Now, it's much easier to use than it was before. The process of giving students feedback and organizing my responses is simple. It's also how I communicate with them. As a result, it's easy to refer back to them and remember what I said.

I also like that Blackboard integrates well with other apps. When it comes to presentations, I rely heavily on VoiceThread and Panopto. GoReact and Top Hat are also on my to-do list.

Inconvénients

An update to the mobile app is still in order. There is a lot of work to be done on this project. On the web, the user experience was much better.

Moodle LMS

Pourquoi choisir Blackboard Learn

I've used Moodle and Canvas, and I believe Blackboard Learn is more user-friendly and easier to use. The saying "you get what you pay for" applies to Blackboard.

Logiciel antérieur

CANVAS

Pourquoi passer à Blackboard Learn

Student logistical challenges were addressed and resources were provided by Blackboard. It simplifies managing and improving communication with students and teachers. The whiteboard allows you to attach Microsoft Outlook, and anyone in the class can send an e-mail to the class.
Eugenio

Publié le 15/12/2020

How a big platform loose the ranking

The mobolebapp is not functional, there is no gamification nor maestries.

Avantages

I like the advertisements they did in the past, everyone knew how expensive and famous it was.

Inconvénients

They did not innovate, they both a lot of little competitors and lately they are selling them because that strategy has lost again more innovative platforms and cheaper.

CANVAS, Moodle LMS et Brightspace

Pourquoi passer à Blackboard Learn

We had it for long time because most important universities had it but we had to stop using it, the support was getting bad, no innovation and other platforms were cheaper enough to pay the migration process.
Luis Carlos

Publié le 28/12/2021

Does the job and has everything you need

I like that it does a little bit of everything. Some other professors at my university liked to rely on BB Learn for everything, including video-conference and online exams. Being as feature rich as it is, BB Learn has the problem that the user interface might be very challenging for some people. I guess you either really like it or really don't, so when it doesn't click you can get frustrated by a lot of things. Still, for the people loving it, they will make the most out of it. One of the best tools out there. Easy to recommend for general purposes.

Avantages

I like that if you're a power user and your students get into it, this is probably the only eLearning tool you will ever need. It has everything from homework assignments to actual video-conference; besides of the usual tools like forums and work groups. The online exams are very useful, specially if you don't want to manually grade tons and tons of tests.

Inconvénients

I don't like the user interface. Most of the tools are one more click away than I think they should. Very useful things like the exams are really powerful, but creating them is so awkward that sometimes you prefer to just handle a document.

Brian
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinets médicaux
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Publié le 07/11/2017

Great way to manage several classes with great flexibility to match personal style

Overall it’s an improvement over just 20 years ago when a syllabus and careful listening were the only way to connect with students. Also, I’ve had great success sharing ideas with colleagues. Of course, faculty can be just irritating as the abovementioned students. I’d say an “ignore” buttons would make this score go from a 7 to a 9.

Avantages

I love the ability to reach all of my students or any subgroup in multiple ways. For example, personalized announcement, group emails, meeting and grading in realtime, scheduling office hours, and getting notifications are just a few of the native services, and each can be customized l.

Inconvénients

The law of unintended consequences applies directly to blackboard. The same convenient and varied options that make the product great also give students more access (and wildly unrealistic expectations) to their professors. This is great for the 5% of students who have helpful and legitimate questions, but obnoxious for those who expect instant responses, midnight submissions, and A grades for D papers because “they clearly are trying. Just look at their blackboard logs and see!”

• Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur

Publié le 23/02/2016

Well established platform

I am consulting for two institutions - the one a large higher education institution - 45 000+ Blackboard users - self hosted and the other - smaller business school - 1000+ Blackboard users - hosted.

I present training and support to the faculty on how to use the LMS. Although one can discover a lot for yourself using the Blackboard help site, there are a few tips and tricks that make life a lot easier which is not always that intuitive.

Problems that we are trying to solve: changing the faculty's teaching philosophy from traditional lecture based teaching to a more active learning environment. Blackboard certainly address that well - as long as you plan your activities properly, you can get excellent feedback for example let the students read or view a video on a specific concept and then let them write a pre-test before they come to the lecture. This will help you to identify where the gaps still exist which you can address then in class. Also using a flipped class room approach - Blackboard can be used to assist you in flipping your class room where you can also monitor and track which of your students engaged beforehand.

I have been using WebCT and then Blackboard.

Avantages

Everything is in one space - lots of tools - the sky is really the limit.
I also like the Best Practice parts of the help site - it helps you to get ideas of how you can use the tools.

Inconvénients

In terms of support from Blackboard, sometimes the person who receives the inquiry do not read properly or English is a second language because we often have to explain again and again before they understand - that is the only frustration I currently have with the support.

It is unfortunately a very expensive product since the institutions are not based in the USA and therefore we are subjected to the exchange rate.

Joel Thomas

Publié le 24/11/2018

As both a teacher and a student - Blackboard works for me

Make sure you explore the user guides and options, blackboard can be a powerful tool but some of it's features are less than obvious!

Avantages

As a instructor blackboard lets me integrate a lot of different types of media through Kaltura, structure time released content ,vary assessments, and deliver individualized learning opportunities. All of these elements are crucial to my instruction. As a student, I get mobile access and notifications about grades, announcements, and course changes that help me manage my learning.

Inconvénients

While the features are wonderful, they are somewhat convoluted to properly utilize, requiring more steps than I would like, and can sometimes be "hidden" in such ways that I have to refer back to user guides because it's not a very intuitive integration. Therefore, as a student, I find many of my professors do not fully take advantage of the learning management system because they have limited knowledge.

• Secteur d'activité : Cabinet d'avocats

Publié le 19/08/2019

Makes my Online classes SO Much easier

Overall I love it. It helps me to focus on my school work and know when I have assignments due. It notifies me when new material is uploaded. ANYTHING that makes my life easier is a A++ in my book!

Avantages

Blackboard has been AMAZING for organizing my online classes. I take 4 online classes a semester and I would be a mess if I didn't have blackboard reminding me of what needs done and making it super easy. Its very easy to upload my assignments and see whats due when it's due. Everything about it is SUPER easy and organized so I can focus all my energy on my school work.

Inconvénients

I still can't figure out how to export my due dates to my calendar. I'm not sure if you even can, but I can't find any support on it. I don't like how I can't change the names of my courses and Ive had 3 courses that I dont take anymore still showing up and can't get them to disappear.

Kenatu
  • Secteur d'activité : Enseignement primaire et secondaire

Publié le 16/12/2018

Hammer To Swat a Fly

Blackboard is a classic case of good product upgrading too much until you lose what made it great. It has a lot of value added features, so much so that you can no longer find the simple things. They should also focus on getting the bugs out of what is really needed and not focus so much on adding more. Keep it simple, stupid KISS. over all a pretty decent LMS but there are better for less.

Feature Rich - lots of value added functionality
Love that there are break out rooms for each session
Clickable rubrics - awesome
Cons 345/100 characters minimum

Inconvénients

Grading system is too granular. if you use this it makes it too easy for a few bad assignments to tank students grades and gives the instructor more work.
What do you have against independent content. I create videos using Camtasia and Movavi, but its often a fight get them placed where I'd like or even to get them to run in the first place.

Krystal
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

Publié le 09/09/2019

Gets better every year

Avantages

I like that I can add content, links, video's that can be played right from Blackboard. Each year this system gets better and more versatile to use. It also does not require much training to lean how to use it which make it user friendly on both sides. I also like that I can pull it up on my my phone even if the fromat is not always right.

Inconvénients

It can be hard to find certain things and often tabs are hidden withing other tabs. This an also be frustrating to students when trying to locate content. The mobile app does also have some kinks, it does not format well. It is nice to check things like grades but not alot of work can be done from the mobile app.

Diana Grace

Publié le 05/11/2022

The best LMS under new normal education

Using Blackboard use our official LMS is really convenient to both faculty and students. We can easily track our students' process and students can track all the modules and learning materials upload in it. Assessment can be access anytime, with proper setting and there's a lot of feature.

Avantages

What I like most about blackboard is the item analyzer which help us educator to secure that test and assessment given to students are align with intended learning outcome an. I also like the respondus that secure honest and credible exams.

Inconvénients

There is also no enough storage. Every upload of documents or videos occupy a huge amount of BB storage, thus we need to procure additional storage.

Deb
  • Secteur d'activité : Formation professionnelle et coaching

Publié le 20/01/2022

Effective tool for the right industry

I've used Blackboard for many, many years in higher ed setting. Even before they acquired WebCT. Over the years there have been so many versions. Some I loved. Some I found inferior to others (like Moodle). Newer versions weren't always better. However higher ed has unique requirements for compliance, integration and accreditation which makes BlackBoard an ideal tool for that sector. It's fairly easy to use and it's very reliable. If you're in an industry like higher ed, I highly recommend it.

Avantages

It's reliable. Rarely needed tech support. It's pretty easy to use most of the time. It meets the complex compliance and integration requirements of higher education.

Inconvénients

Lack of customizability. Course templates were generic with little flexibility for how it appears. Also with so many versions and always changing things around, it can be frustrating because you're used to a different version. If you're not in an industry with a lot of compliance regulations (privacy, accreditation etc.) I'd stay away and use something lighter and more flexible.

Phil

Publié le 14/03/2018

This was the only LMS choice offered by my institution. Appreciated what it offered.

Avantages

Blackboard makes organizing course content easy with standard options and the ability to add content with ease. Students enjoyed the standardized ability to track lecture notes, videos and access course readings. For me, it managed the basics of course content delivery really well.

Inconvénients

Student management was challenging. I spent many hours working out how to grade material online and how to hide or show results for students. I found the help files not particularly useful for these challenges, and as these were things that I only performed once or twice per year, I tended to forget how to resolve these issues.

Khothatso

Publié le 03/08/2022

A great LMS to use.

Avantages

Blackboard Learn is a great tool to manage your academic career and it has helped me a great deal especially during the pandemic because I could attend my lessons online. You can literally access everything on your portal with features such as communication and notification features. It is easy to use and provides you with everything you need.

Inconvénients

In the beginning the software would kick me out as I was attending classes and it happened a few times. Otherwise I don't have any problems with the software.

Mahmut Halil
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Publié le 06/05/2022

A necessary software for online education future

Blackboard has a good potential to fill the gap in today's teaching system (online education). However, developers need to consider customer feedback and make improvements regarding the feedback. Especially, the mobile version must be fixed.

Avantages

An easy and simple interface for the browser use. The software is always updated for performance improvements. There is good interaction between learners and course leaders.

Inconvénients

The mobile application of the software is not stable and not easy to use. Also, customization of the interface is a bit complex.

Kyle
  • Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés

Publié le 06/06/2018

Love Blackboard - Used as a teacher and a student

Avantages

Blackboard is one of the pinnacle learning suites out there. I've had the privilege of being a student and a teacher with BB and have to say that I have never been let down by the amount of plugins that teachers can use and the ease of navigation for students. This tool really does check all of the boxes and makes remote learning a little bit easier.

Inconvénients

As a teacher, there are almost too many ways that you can configure the course room and it can get fairly overwhelming. As a student, I didn't really have any cons!

463 avis