Avis clients sur Bench

Avis

Note globale
Avis
En savoir plus

Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Bench

Bench est une plateforme de comptabilité en ligne pour les gérants de petites entreprises. Chaque mois, elle rassemble automatiquement les données de transaction de tous les comptes professionnels connectés. Ensuite, une équipe...

En savoir plus

• Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 26/10/2023

Logiciel de comptabilité

Avantages

Il a un service de comptabilité en ligne qui simplifie et automatise la gestion financière des petites entreprises.

Inconvénients

Ce logiciel a un coût mensuel relativement élevé par rapport à d'autres solutions de comptabilité en ligne.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Thank you for taking the time to review Bench! We ar so glad to hear that we've been able to simplify and automate your bookkeeping!

Répondu le 14/12/2023
  • Secteur d'activité : Télécommunications
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés

Publié le 19/10/2020

Love Bench!

Bench is the easiest way to manage our books online. It's been a huge time and money saver over the last few years.

Avantages

I've been using Bench for years now and it's so simple to see and manage my books. When something isn't categorized correctly, I add a comment and it's moved over to the right one. It's been great and easy to use.

Inconvénients

The monthly income statements are behind often. I have to ask to get them on time. I wish it integrated with Quickbooks as my CPA can easily manipulate the data for reports.

Pourquoi choisir Bench

The accountant was slow and took forever to make small updates.

Pourquoi passer à Bench

I didn't want to do the work!

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Thanks, Chris! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We've passed your comments to your team as well! Wishing you all the best.

Répondu le 12/11/2020
Brent
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

Publié le 20/08/2019

A great value of service for taking care of bookkeeping

Great experience and helpful service. Awesome value since an in-person CPA would be double the cost.
Bench was especially around tax time when it comes to working with me to get my numbers buttoned up.

Avantages

The iOS app is simple and easy to use. I appreciate the quick access to messaging back and forth with my bookkeeper, making notes about transactions, and they referred me to Gusto for an integrated payroll service

Inconvénients

Some of the features like their Pulse tab of real time bank account syncing and electronic PDF statement syncing are glitchy.

Les meilleures alternatives à Bench

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wave Accounting

Marie
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 23/07/2020

Bench dropped the ball & gave me a partial refund.

I tested Bench out at the end of 2019 and then hired them for my entire 2020 books. In the beginning, they were on top of things. Then, mid-summer they dropped the ball. My account got passed to another team, and they didn't even touch my books for months. It was a mess. I reached out to customer service and they did give me 2 months of a refund, because the customer service rep (who was very kind & courteous) saw what I saw. In December, I requested for my bookkeeper to fix some miscategorized transactions and later asked, "Hey were those fixed?" She said she fixed them, which was a blatant lie!

On top of all of that, it took them about TWO MONTHS to do my final end of year books that I could pass onto my CPA. I was told they were uploaded, but then they weren't there when I looked for them. I had to request, "Please upload them again." They apologized and did so right away, but by the time I saw them, thank goodness for the COVID extension, because I literally didn't have my deliverables from Bench until April 2020. My filings would have been late.

Avantages

Bench is easy to use and navigate. In the beginning, they were fantastic at answering questions I had to help understand how my bookkeeping was being handled. That's about the only good thing I have to say.

Inconvénients

I spent more time dealing with Bench all year long than when I was doing my own bookkeeping on a simple spreadsheet. I expected a learning curve in the beginning. They promised it would get easier "as we learn about your business and transactions," but I found month after month that the same transactions got flagged needing my input. Then, when I did thorough checks on my books, I found several transactions not in the right category. The other thing I didn't like was that my bank constantly needed to be reconnected. I truly felt like I spent more time handling Bench than I would've spend just doing my own bookkeeping.

Pourquoi choisir Bench

I thought having a real person handle my bookkeeping would be faster than doing it myself.

Pourquoi passer à Bench

I chose Bench, because I was hearing good things about them from Ash Ambirge of the Middle Finger Project whom I adore & trust. I liked the idea of a real person on my books, not software I had to manage.
Byron

Publié le 17/02/2020

Bench is great

My accounting was solved using bench, literally it's set it and forget it, these guys are top notch and make your life easy.

Avantages

Incredibly supportive staff, intuitive friendly user-interface, provided year end tax portfolio that I could easily give to my CPA. Bench is just fantastic, I can't say enough good things about the way they have handled my accounts for the past 3 years, highly recommend. If you're a professional, this is for you.

Inconvénients

The only con here is that I didn't switch sooner.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Thank you so much Byron for your kind words! We are so happy to be working with you.

Répondu le 26/02/2020
Jesse
  • Secteur d'activité : Urbanisme et architecture

Publié le 12/06/2023

Good Quality; Probably too Much for a Smaller Company

I like the product, but am unsure of the value for smaller firms with fewer expenses.

Avantages

I like the ease of use. There is a lot of info that is consolidated well, and the customer service is quick.

Inconvénients

Overall the service works well, but for a small company with relatively few expenses, the $300/mo pricing is a bit steep. I feel that a tiered rate based on expense quantities would be valuable to smaller companies wishing to offload the accounting work, but can't justify the cost.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer competitive pricing to reflect the value of the services we provide, including access to a dedicated team of in-house bookkeepers and our proprietary software that automates many bookkeeping tasks.
Most recently, we launched Real-Time Data from your connected financial accounts. This means you get a snapshot view of all your money in and money-out, out whenever you need it, even before your books are closed, allowing you to focus on what's most important - focusing on your business.

Répondu le 22/06/2023
Heidi

Publié le 16/06/2020

Great product, worth the cost for peace of mind

Avantages

I like that it's easy to use, comes in a user-friendly format, and simplifies accounting for me. It's dummy-proof! I'm mostly looking forward to an easier tax season with this software.

Inconvénients

It's a little expensive for a one-person office, so I wish there were more tiers in pricing. But I like the product and will continue to use it, and understand that it costs money for a good product.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Hi Heidi! Thanks so much for the kind words. If you ever feel that your average monthly expenses have decreased, we can always conduct a pricing review to see if you fall into another pricing tier. All the best!

Répondu le 12/08/2020
Pat

Publié le 03/06/2019

Ditched Quickbooks and saved a lot of time

I am spending a lot less time on bookkeeping and accounting.

Avantages

Very easy implementation - love the human support on closing the books each month.

Inconvénients

Not all of my business accounts can be connected via feed (ie intuit payroll), which requires a drag and drop upload each month.

Quickbooks Online

Pourquoi passer à Bench

I found quickbooks to be frustrating and required far too many manual adjustments - and I never did completely understand the chart of accounts on QB. It was simply too complicated to use and I was exhausted trying to keep up with everything that I needed to do to get a good set of financials.
Rahul
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation

Publié le 21/01/2021

Easy to use, great customer service

Avantages

This was super easy to set up and describe exactly what I was using it for. other providers took ages to figure out how to integrate my Amazon sales but Bench just got it!

Inconvénients

The pricing was a bit on the higher side especially the catch up accounting that ended up being a large lumpsum in my case!

Synder et Quickbooks Online

Better Bookkeeping support and ease of integration with Amazon

Logiciel antérieur

Quickbooks Online

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Thank you so much for sharing, Rahul!

Répondu le 18/02/2021
Scott
  • Secteur d'activité : Musique

Publié le 25/05/2021

Enjoying Bench Accounting for my Small Business

Bench helps me stay on top of my bookkeeping and know that my "i"s are dotted and "t"s are crossed.

Avantages

I like how simple it was to connect my bank accounts as well as third party payors (eg. paypal, stripe). The interface is intuitive to navigate and uploading receipts using my custom email is a nifty trick!

Inconvénients

I wish linking to Bench Tax or having some sort of tax center was a bit more seamless.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Hi, Scott! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear that you're finding our interface user friendly, and that your team has been able to help you stay on top of your finances!

Répondu le 28/05/2021
Ashley
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 23/06/2020

I wish we would have invested in this sooner!

I LOVE it so much!! I wish we would have started using this from the start with our business.

Avantages

Bench has changed our business for the better! Having all of our books from month to month in one place is GAME changing! My favorite part is the real time look at the health of our business because our books are now done monthly. I can be confident that we'll never be behind! Which helps us make better business decisions!

Inconvénients

When I was first new to Bench and terms like "balance sheet" and "profit and loss" I wished there was a hover by where you click on them at the top that gave a quick description of what each meant.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

We're thrilled to hear this, Ashley! We've passed your glowing words to your bookkeeping team, who will be equally as thrilled.

Répondu le 12/08/2020
Nick
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

Publié le 06/02/2021

Only Do What Only You Can Do

Pleasant interactions with all personnel I’ve spoken with over the phone or via email. Onboarding was easy and comprehensive. The financials dashboard -+ the app is well designed and easy to access.

Avantages

Offloading expense tracking was a massive weight off of my shoulders. I now have more time to lead my small team and know that my accounting is in good hands - if there is ever a question or discrepancy they reach out immediately.

Inconvénients

Honestly the price. I wish it were significantly cheaper. Much of the expense tracking is already done through freshbooks, other financial input apps have APIs for the Bench team to use as well - so I don’t think the limited personal interactions (which is not a detriment-the less I can talk to accountants the better) warrants the steep price tag.

FreshBooks

Pourquoi passer à Bench

Deeper analytics and reconciliation of accounts

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Thank you so much for sharing, Nick! We're thrilled to hear that we have been able to help take a massive weight off of your shoulders!

Répondu le 18/02/2021
Jacob
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Publié le 08/11/2022

SaaS, but with people you get to know

Bit of a bumpy onboarding with aggressive trials clearly operated by a different team, but so much smoother once you start a subscription and are assigned your bookkeeper.

Avantages

A pleasant mix of self-service software, with a reliably consistent team who does genuinely get to know my business.

Inconvénients

It is a walled garden, so no integrations with any existing software. Leads to a lot of duplicate or redundant content in Xero, Expensify, and other tools I use.

Xero

Pourquoi passer à Bench

I still use Xero for accounts receivable, but I was struggling to do my own accounting.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Hi Jacob, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and providing feedback. We're thrilled to hear that your team has been consistent and knows your business. We have also taken your feedback back to our teams internally to see if there are any improvements we can make

Répondu le 17/11/2022
Emily
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 09/11/2020

One less thing off of my plate...

I am saving myself hours and hours of handling the bookkeeping. I am confident that it is done correctly and I am not missing anything. I like having someone to ask bookkeeping questions to if need be.

Avantages

I was hesitant to start Bench because I thought I could handle the bookkeeping for our business on my own. Managing money has always been a strength for me. However, as my company grows I find that I need to keep delegating and removing things off of my plate. At the same time as a business owner I like to keep as much cash inside the company as possible.

I finally gave the free trial a chance and it has been the BIGGEST weight off of me. I know that my bookkeeping is totally taken care of and done professionally. The stress of organizing everything for taxes is lifted off, and I know that I always have someone working on it everyday on my behalf.

Anytime I have questions I get an immediate response along with very valuable advice. I am a Bench customer for life!

Inconvénients

I don't like that it keeps disconnecting to my bank account. We've had a few technical issues with that. It can be very time consuming and frustrating especially since I am extremely busy already. I also have to confirm purchases from months prior and that can take a long time! When I confirm those purchases it is usually 30+ transactions and at that point I don't even remember all of them so it takes a while for me to locate receipts. I really dislike that too. I wish it were less expensive for us a small business owner as well.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Hi Emily! We're thrilled to hear that we have been able to take one more thing off your plate. We have also shared your feedback with your team! A member of our Client Success team would also love to connect with you regarding your pain points. We will be reaching out via email shortly!

Répondu le 12/11/2020
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 20/02/2019

Outsourcing to Bench was a Gamechanger

As a small business we're constantly prioritizing big time spends and deciding what's worth us outsourcing and spending money on rather than time. Bench was one that, as soon as we were set up and going with them, we've never looked back. It is not cheap. But it's worth it for us, no question about it!

Avantages

We've been using Bench for a few years now and absolutely love it. It can be basically as hand's off as you want. We get an email once a month when they're working on our books, sometimes an extra contact here and there if they provide other documentation throughout the year. And we have our CPA and Bench people in touch with each other which is even more off our plate. As small business owners, bookkeeping used to take a ton of our time, and now it's a breeze. And logging into our account we can look around at where our money is going with a quick glance

Inconvénients

I admit we haven't done a ton of digging around in the actual software - our typical use is them contacting us with any categorization questions once a month (and after a couple years there are hardly ever any). I do wish (or can not find how) we could see how much money we're paying/spending on a particular item. So, say, I want to see how much we're spending on just Facebook ads. What I can do is search for "facebook" (and I can specifically search within whatever time period I want, like Q4 2018 or January 2017), but it won't automatically give me a sum of all of those expenses. I CAN see a summary of expenses by category, but by "line item" (like "Facebook" or "AWS") would be even more helpful.

Tony
  • Secteur d'activité : Bureau exécutif

Publié le 08/09/2020

Best Bookkeeper there is!

Bench always delivers above and beyond and i love their service.

Avantages

Bench is an amazing product that is in the cloud. I love that i can access my books from anywhere on the go and get a snapshot of how the company is doing week to week.

Inconvénients

There are no cons at this point. I wish they started an accounting arm that tied to bench since their product is so awesome!

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Hi Tony! Thanks so much for the lovely words! We have a network of CPA's that we can refer to our clients. They are trained on our platform, and work really well with our service! If you're interested, let your bookkeeping team know, and they can guide you with next steps. All the best!

Répondu le 23/09/2020
Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 09/02/2021

Good start, low customization

Overall, I still recommend Bench if you are starting out and a small business under $1 Million in sales. However, as you grow, I would recommend switching to Quickbooks.

Avantages

Prior to Bench, we used Quickbooks, and it was lifesaver! We had no idea how to use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and Bench made it easy for us. There was low setup involved and their dashboard was amazing.

Inconvénients

As our company grew, we needed more information in our financial statements. At the time, there was low customization with Bench, and we couldn't add or change things in regards to our Profit and Loss statement. Also, at the time, they only did cash based accounting.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our service, and listening to your feedback is hugely important to us!

Répondu le 02/03/2021
Susan
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2–10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

Great bookkeeping company

Overall Bench has saved me time with preparing all bank reconciliations and year end tax preparation. It's also a stress relief that it's done thoroughly and properly. It's not just one person being accountable for my bookkeeping needs but the company stands behind it.

Avantages

I like the ease of having my bookkeeping done on a timely basis and not having to think about it until I get a message to review the month. I can then easily go in and make notes of any changes to be made or answer their questions to me. The customer service is excellent as well. They integrate with my payroll company too which saves time.

Inconvénients

They don't integrate with my Customer Management System and they don't use QuickBooks which I also use. I process invoices through my CMS which also provides my scheduling, customer profiles, employee payroll reports, etc. I would love it if Bench would integrate their system to it so I can better track invoices. Instead I have to do that through QuickBooks but am only using a small portion of what QB offers since Bench does my bank reconciliation and they don't use QB. So I'm still paying for QB for this part of what I need. I have a daily service company and I process client credit cards daily in addition to tracking some clients that still write checks and a few who pay via ACH. I do that within QB. At this point I'm not aware of a better way if I want to continue using Bench for bookkeeping.

Erik
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Publié le 29/04/2019

Completely alleviated stress while reducing my bookkeeping costs

When I first heard about Bench, I was nervous about switching from a standard, old school accounting firm I'd worked with for many years. Within a week, my fears were dissipating. Three years later, my fears are completely gone. Bench completely meets my needs as a small business owner - while saving me time and money.

Avantages

Bench is SIMPLE. The software provides me an accurate and easy to understand overview of my monthly and annual financials with easy-to- process visuals and graphs. The software integrates automatically with my bank and credit card, alleviating the back and forth calls and emails I used to labor through with my former "brick and mortar" accountants. When I have a question, the Bench team is always available and quick to respond.

Inconvénients

Nada! No complaints here! I have not experienced a single problem with the Bench software

Missy
  • Secteur d'activité : Médecine douce

Publié le 30/04/2019

Takes the hassle work out of financial reporting

Overall Bench has helped me to track and monitor my business financials. Tax seasons has been a breeze the last two years with Bench - something a lot of freelancers struggle with.

Avantages

- no need to use quickbooks
- friendly and responsive staff when issues arise
- individual bookkeeper assigned to your account
- user interface is friendly and accessible
- reporting features are solid
- costs less than hiring your own bookkeeper
- affordable rates which are advantageous for small businesses

Inconvénients

- auto syncing does not connect w Capital One bak accounts which results oftentimes a 2-3 week lag in getting monthly reports back
- only retrospective reporting; no prospective budgeting features (need to use separate software)
- does not provide tax accounting services; only bookkeeping
- cannot easily customize revenue subledgers without discussing w accountant
- no categories of fixed/variable expenses
- cannot upload documents via mobile devices

Djabire Marwan
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51–200 employés
s/o
s/o

Publié le 08/02/2023

Bench review

Avantages

Easy to master accounting software and programmatic marketing is a little easier and is practically with Bench

Inconvénients

One of the easiest software to find and use. No problem likely

Réponse de Bench Accounting

We're so happy to be supporting you and your business, Djabire. It's great to hear that we've been able to give you valuable time back, so you can focus on growing your business!

Répondu le 16/02/2023
Lizardo

Publié le 18/12/2020

AMAZING SOFTWARE & CUSTOMER SERVICE

I'd definitely recommend this software to all my friends. Easy to use and great customer service. They get the job done. Great investment.

Avantages

How easy it is to use the software. It shows you all the financial details of your business.

Inconvénients

I'm really happy with everything they've done so far.

Pourquoi passer à Bench

Better quality and customer service.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Thank you so much Lizardo! Our engineering team will be so happy to hear you're loving the software and we're glad we can provide you quick access to important information you need. We love working with you and your business, and look forward to what the future has in store.

Répondu le 24/12/2020
Kirk
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11–50 employés

Publié le 30/04/2019

It's like having a personal bookkeeper at a much lower cost.

We save a considerable amount of money over brick-and-mortar services and save a huge amount of time by not trying to do this ourselves with Quick Books or similar software.

Avantages

Value. They provide services like a personal bookkeeping company. Very helpful and quick response.

Inconvénients

Nothing comes to mind. We've been very happy with it.

Jocelyn
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

Publié le 29/04/2019

Bench Makes Running a Small Company a Breeze!

Bench has made accounting for our small business so simple.
I struggled with other software that had clunky user interfaces (Quickbooks) and a steep learning curve, I needed something that could ensure that my business accounting would be accurate and up to date without it eating all of my time.
Our Bench bookkeepers have all been wonderful - they're fast to respond, give good information and work really well with our accountant. Taxes were a breeze this year after a full year with Bench! I have recommend them to other small business owners and urge you to try them out. You'll wonder what you ever did without them.

Bench makes work simple.
The interface is very user friendly and instinctive, reports are clear and accurate. Our accountant can log in easily and the customer service is stellar.

Inconvénients

There is literally nothing I don't like about Bench.

victoria

Publié le 05/05/2022

Must have for sanity

The customer service is helpful with any questions we may have

Avantages

It's easy to use and understand. Makes our business run smoothly.

Inconvénients

Having an accountant that will answer any question you may have with a real explanation is really a dream come true. For anyone who doesn't have accounting background this really is a must have.

Réponse de Bench Accounting

Hi Victoria, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled that we have been able to give you your time back so you can focus on growing your business!

Répondu le 19/05/2022