Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Kiwi for Gmail

Kiwi is an email management application for Mac and Windows PCs. It enables users to bring together all their Google Workspace applications. Once they are collated, it works as a standalone Google desktop package instead of...

En savoir plus

Jessi
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

Publié le 30/07/2021

Solves my multiple gmail account problems

I have 5 gmail accounts for different businesses and need them all accessible. Gmail doesn't have a native app to see them all on my mac and it bogs Chrome down to have it all open. With Kiwi, all my accounts are accessible, my most used google docs are accessible, and none of it affects Chrome

Avantages

All my five gmail accounts are in one program and not bogging down Chrome.

Inconvénients

I wish google photos was one of the options.

Alternatives envisagées

Shift et Google Chrome

Pourquoi choisir Kiwi for Gmail

Shift was too expensive and harder to use.

Logiciel antérieur

Shift

Pourquoi passer à Kiwi for Gmail

Cost and features.
Ajay
  • Secteur d'activité : Matériel informatique

Publié le 26/02/2021

Very nice UI for Gmail

I really like the product. Greatly a better experience than Gmail in Chrome browser.

Avantages

Very rich and dense application. Gives a desktop-like experience.
Better memory management compared to Chrome.
Very easy to switch between accounts in a single window.

Inconvénients

Lack of tabbing feature which leads to too many windows being open.
Make the color palette a bit more intense to easily tell colors apart.
Doesn't seem to integrate with the password manager during the initial login.

Jason

Publié le 26/02/2021

Its ok. Nothing standout in a positive way, and some negative things

Based on #3 above, I plan on finding new software whenever I have the time to get a good alternative. This bug has been present for several months now, and is unacceptable.

Avantages

Its basically the same as google suite, but a stand alone app. Does what it needs to.

Inconvénients

1. Nothing net new is added that I can't do from the web-based g suite.
2. Email draft windows will randomly close out. If I was using that to remind myself of something, it can then slip my mind.
3. [IMPORTANT] Calendar reminders have completely stopped working. I now longer get a pop up reminding me. This, along with email, are the two main things I need to work for this app. I've reported it, and there is no timeframe to fix this.

Les meilleures alternatives à Kiwi for Gmail

Liz
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

Publié le 28/04/2021

Organization and QUICK access to all features. No need to log on to browser is a BIG PLUS.

I tried many other apps to organize multiple Gmail mailboxes/addies. Kiwi has outdone them all. I could not believe it worked so well for so long at no cost ... happy to pay the annual subscription price!

Avantages

Five Gmail addresses are smooth and easy to organize. Quick and easy to fly through messages and prioritize. Time saver!

Inconvénients

Implementing filters still a bit quirky.

Alex

Publié le 04/02/2021

Wonderful Desktop email client for businesses running GSuite

This is my go-to desktop email Client and I can't see myself changing anytime soon.

Avantages

I like the simple filtering you can use to just show mail from the last day and mail that is unread. I also love the ability to have emails open in different windows

Inconvénients

I would like to see some more integrations.

Ana Cecilia
  • Secteur d'activité : Exploitation minière et métaux

Publié le 03/02/2021

Kiwi Review

Avantages

I like that I don't need to open a browser to access my Gmail accounts. I have all my email accounts in the same application. I have access to all the gmail functions.

Inconvénients

I would like that the software could be an application for my Iphone and Ipad.

Charles
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 04/03/2021

Great desktop for Google

Very positive with a relatively quick response to issues.

Avantages

All the applications in one place. Clean appearance and ease of use.

Inconvénients

Some of the pop ups overlap the screen, for example adding a new contact by using the details from an email the pop up for the contacts opens up and hides the email address and footer.

Nik
  • Secteur d'activité : Design

Publié le 31/08/2022

The Missing Gmail App

The M1 version of Kiwi is MUCH faster than running under Rosetta - so this app does everything I need, and at a speed I can finally use.

Avantages

Having a standalone app that my Mac can use as the default mail app is great. I can have multiple accounts open at once, and even jump straight to my Google Drive files.

Inconvénients

The only thing I dislike about the software is the embossed/indented text showing the account name at the top of the app.
A way to ONLY show notifications from the primary inbox would be great - I don't need notifications for promo emails.
A quick way to access a dark mode, without using Gmail Themes would be great.
Having the option to use more standard shortcuts would be great eg: use the delete key to delete emails. The Gmail shortcuts are horrible.

Soraya
  • Secteur d'activité : Bijoux et produits de luxe

Publié le 15/09/2022

Useful but caused problems at the beginning

It got better recently, I must say. Like I mentioned previously for a long period of time I couldn't efficiently use my work laptop as it would lag all the software programs due to its high processor capacity consumption. However, after the latest update the problem is gone and now runs smoothly and responds quite quickly to all actions.

Avantages

I like how it recollects all emails in one single app and how rather than mixing everything it easily still keeps it separate based on the address the messages go to. It's very user friendly and perfect for businesses.

Inconvénients

It does make computers significantly slower and there is not much support or information on how to improve it's functionality online. For a long period of time it was very difficult for me to be able to use my MacBook efficiently as its huge energy and processor capacity consumption would lag all programs. Until the latest update came the problem did not fix itself.

Oscar

Publié le 15/02/2021

Avantages

It allows you to have all the accounts you need to handle in one place.
It's very helpful when your organization and most of your clients move in the GSuite space, so you can make the most out of the apps in the suite.

Being able of using a couple of the extensions available is also super helpful in the processes, specially when you need to schedule a ton of emails and schedule a ton of zoom calls.

Inconvénients

In a sense, it's a glorified web browser for Gmail use only, and if you strip it from the drive and gsuite apps capabilities and the fact the it eats up SO MUCH processing power if you activate the wrong combination of extensions is not nice.

Also, in big sur (mac) I can't have more than 2 extensions or more than 2 accounts logged in.

Greg
  • Secteur d'activité : Pétrole et énergies

Publié le 04/03/2021

Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 to 3.0

Good software to integrate my different email accounts (but only gmail). Branding is confusing as Kiwi for Gmail (basic=free and premium=$34/yr levels) and Kiwi for G Suite (Professional=$59/yr and Business=$84 levels) are all the same program but just with additional number of email accounts and additional add-on/extensions. I really wanted the Grammarly and Zoom Scheduler extensions... but this required an upgrade from Basic to Premium. I am happy with the product for personal use and for my small business. It is a clean, easy use interface, fast and convenient. When my first year came to an end, I wasn't sure if was worth it to extend my subscription, but with the new features (Premium level) it was.

Avantages

Integrated my Gmail accounts into one place ... great interface and easy to install and use. Makes it easy to switch between email accounts (personal, work, other) quickly and within a single app. Filters and pop-out compose email window are nice features. SIdebar menu gives easy and quick access to G-Suite programs (Docs, Calendar, Sheets and Slides).

Inconvénients

The upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 was required as they rewrote the program. It required a reset (easy) and separated out the licensing from being integrated in the software to a separate web portal. The upgrade was free to their Basic platform but I really didn't see any change in the interface or new features. The new features are only available at additional cost in higher subscription tiers. I would like to see them add the ability to use other than Gmail accounts to their interface.

• Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Publié le 15/02/2021

Perfect Solution for Multiple Accounts

Kiwi is one of my favorite apps because it helps me save time and it does a wonderful job of organizing all my Gmail accounts in one convenient location.

Avantages

I have several Gsuite accounts due to my involvement in a number of non-profit organizations. I was looking for a solution where I could access all these accounts quickly and conveniently, and I thankfully found the perfect solution. Kiwi is just what I was looking for! Set up was a breeze, I like the color-coding so I can easily identify each account, and the app is very fast. Most importantly, it's all in one app so no more stumbling through multiple tabs in my browser looking for a particular Gsuite account. Bonus features: I can access each account's calendar, Google Drive, and contact list. A fantastic all-in-one solution!

Inconvénients

The only feature I would love to see in Kiwi is the ability to pick custom colors for each account. I'd like to be able to match the color with the organization's brand color.

Steven
  • Secteur d'activité : Informatique et sécurité réseau

Publié le 09/02/2021

The Best Way to Use Google Workspace With Your Business

Kiwi is a great product, I found them through various Google searches looking for a way to compartmentalize my daily use of the Google Workspace for my business. It does the trick, and it does it very well!

Avantages

I am an IT engineer with over 20 years of professional experience. I have very critical of new software, especially products new to me. This is by far the best way to make Google Workspace feel like a dedicated desktop application without sacrificing any of the Google features. The user interface is clean and intuitive, everything works as expected, and is simple to figure out without pouring through documentation or online help.

Inconvénients

I don't care for the licensing model for the enterprise product, there should be a perpetual or fixed version license option. I am not a big fan of subscription based licensing for desktop applications.

Louis
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente en gros

Publié le 10/02/2021

Excellent Gmail desktop app

Kiwi allows you to separate your gmail use from the browser, preventing you from being distracted by either. The functionality of having separate windows also allow you to quickly switch from one Google Workspace app to the next, without having a whole list of chrome tabs open and guessing which one you need.

Avantages

Having seperate windows instead of tabs is really helpful. Also all your accounts are in one overview and you don't have any difficulty with signing into several accounts (like personalised business email, sales inbox and private) and you can colour code your accounts to distinguish which one you are working in. The integration with Boomerang is just as good as in your browser.

Inconvénients

It's a great app, but I miss the Chrome Lightning Inbox extension for Salesforce, by Salesforce.

Matthew
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

Publié le 16/02/2021

Overall has been very good and have been using for a fee years. Ow

Incorporates all the Gmail features I use

Inconvénients

Maybe make it more customisable in line with corporate colour schemes

Alternatives envisagées

Microsoft 365

Pourquoi passer à Kiwi for Gmail

More compatible with Gmail
chris
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

kiwi g-suite

When first joining the company used up a lot of browser tabs trying to keep up with Gmail/Calendar ...etc. Found Kiwi after trying several email clients (outlook, thunderbird ...etc.). It was exactly what I needed as I have mail and calendar in a single frame independent of my browser. Integrates to Zoom. The real benefits came when I upgraded to G-Suite which allows me to access Google based content (docs, sheets, drives) from one client. Been using it since Oct of 2019 and never looked back.

Avantages

1) Gives centralized email/calendar frame ( company currently uses Gmail).
2) Access to google drives, docs, sheets ...etc. without burning yet another browser tab/window

Inconvénients

Wish for more ways to custom categorize mail to specific groupings similar to more standard email clients.
Cleaner synchronization with OS notifications ( in my case Win 10).

Richard
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Publié le 04/02/2021

Good app, not quite as polished as I wish it was

Avantages

I love that it works both Mac and Windows; love having easy access to all my gmail accounts in a simple app instead of chasing through browser tabs

Inconvénients

No native support for Apple silicon yet, not indications if it’s coming. Won’t run on Microsoft surface pro X. Often one or more accounts ends up with a blank screen and no way to fix it without restarting the app. No Linux support.

It’s pretty good, just wish they were more aggressive about making it work everywhere given the price.

Richard
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

All My Inboxes in One Place

Avantages

The 3 things that I really love about Kiwi is...
1. It brings all of my inboxes together.
2. My email is free from the browser.
3. The UI is clean and simple.

It does integrate with some extensions but the only one I use is Grammarly.

Inconvénients

I don't have many complaints but it is slightly lacking in features in comparison to some competitors. I think the main complaint I have is that I can't highlight text and click Search in "Name of default search engine"

Joel
  • Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion

Well Integrated with Google

My experience with Kiwi is totally positive

Avantages

It provides a much better user experience than using Gmail and Google Calendar in a browser, yet it provides efficient access to the full array of Google for Business services.

Inconvénients

Does not over come the limitation of more than 100 emails per view which is also a limitation of Gmail inio a browser. I t would be amazing if they could solve that limitation.

Jeremy
  • Secteur d'activité : Institutions religieuses

Publié le 21/01/2021

I love it. It is the most useful email and google client combination I have ever worked with.

Avantages

I love the integration of all the google products into one desktop location. It is the perfect email and google client.

Inconvénients

There is really nothing missing from the suite of programs available within the Kiwi software.

• Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

Publié le 23/02/2021

Kiwi for Project Management

I have had Kiwi for over two years and can't imagine going back to Gmail and Gsuite in a browser tab.

Avantages

The keystroke shortcuts are an absolute time saver. I am able to create unlimited projects and keep track of my daily work as well as long term meetings, goals, etc. using Kiwi.

Inconvénients

I wish there was a way to create auto-text replacement for frequent typos.

Brian

Publié le 09/02/2021

Keeps What's Great about Gmail and Adds To It

Very, very happy with this client.

Avantages

I love having a separate email client, but so many of them either don't work with or ignore some of Gmail's best features, like snoozing. I live by snoozing. So why not have a client that keeps the Gmail interface and such but adds more features to it? That's what Kiwi does and it's SO GREAT.

Inconvénients

I wish it had some sort of unified inbox but I can live without it.

Heidi
  • Secteur d'activité : Institutions religieuses
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 02/03/2021

Great but with a few bugs

Kiwi is allowing me to streamline my work activities by having everything in one place. And I love how well it integrates with Google functionality.

Avantages

I loved that this software puts everything at my fingertips - my docs, calendar, drive, etc., and allows me to have my email docked separately from chrome. I appreciate order and having my computer tidy. So, Kiwi allows me to have both my personal and work email up at all times even if I don't want to use chrome, and I don't need to have that many more tabs open to keep an eye on my email. I can look at everything easily without bouncing around from tab to tab. It's fabulous.

Inconvénients

The biggest issues I've had so far is not being able to download files that are attached to emails. I can add them to my drive, but not download. Some files are specific to my Mac and can't be opened by drive. The only way around this is to access my email in chrome and download from there, which kind of defeats the purpose of having Kiwi in the first place.

Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinet d'avocats

Publié le 18/03/2021

Excellent alternative to web-based G Suite

Avantages

I use two different e-mail addresses for two different practices that I prefer to keep silo'ed from each other. For that reason, given that one is O365 and the other one is GSuite, Kiwi fit the bill by letting me keep the GSuite e-mail apart. Feature-wise, it offers all functionality of the web-based GSuite, but operates as an independent app. It has been reliable, with no crashes, and allows me to keep out of the browser.

Inconvénients

More customization would be good. I, for example, can't figure out how to change the default download directory, so saving an attachment requires an extra step.

Jana
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

Publié le 25/01/2021

Happy with Product

Avantages

I have been incredibly happy with this product. When our company switched to the Google Platform away from Outlook I was worried about losing a mail client application, and Kiwi has made the transition so easy. I love all of the features as well as having multiple accounts through one client. The additional features including creating new documents, access to the drives, and more have been so incredibly helpful

Inconvénients

I have had some issues with glitches, like the program quitting all of a sudden, but overall, have been incredibly pleased with this software.

169 avis