Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur ActiveCollab

ActiveCollab est une solution de gestion de projet pour les professionnels de la création. Elle propose des plans d'abonnement basés sur le cloud ou une version auto-hébergée sous licence. Les projets sont divisés en tâches et...

En savoir plus

• Secteur d'activité : Art

Publié le 21/10/2022

Migration de Harvest vers ActiveCollab

Avantages

L'option Charge de travail et Agenda sont vraiment géniaux pour planifier notre semaine.

Inconvénients

Il n'y a pas de façon de créer une banque de contacts pour la facturation des clients. Pour enregistrer les coordonnées des clients il faut absolument les inviter à collaborer dans le logiciel.

Sinoun
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet

Publié le 12/12/2018

Great, but a lot of improvements can be made.

Overall, I like ActiveCollab, but I want to so bad love it more. There is a lot of potential with AC and room for improvement, and I really hope they listen to people's suggestions and needs! Either way, I do highly recommend ActiveCollab, especially if you're a web designer like me who manages hundreds of sites.

Avantages

Before I decided to go with ActiveCollab a few years ago, I researched and tried all the project management softwares I could find. I ended up going with ActiveCollab for a number of reasons.

One, their interface is simple, practical, and easy on the eye. I found other project management softwares trying to hard and it essentially complicated simple things. Also, I loved how my projects can be displayed and searched. I know this sounds trivial, but when you manage hundreds of projects (websites), I need an interface that works for me. Their interface works perfectly for someone with my needs. I constantly have to go back and forth on so many notes for projects and ActiveCollab has made it user-friendly for me to do this.

Second, ActiveCollab had awesome customer service when I had any issues or questions. This was a big plus because I then knew I was in good hands.

Third, they had some add-ons other softwares didn't have so it was nice to have features I wanted to use all in one place, like time tracking and invoicing.

Fourth, it was reasonably priced.

Inconvénients

While I went with ActiveCollab, I am still frustrated with some of their features:

One, I use notes A LOT. Their notes interface design looks like something from the 90's.

Two, while they have the invoicing option available, it's sub-par. There are a lot of things they can improve with their invoicing. I wish I could use it, but it's just very limited. An example of a limitation is that you can't even enter or send an invoice without "inviting" the client to join ActiveCollab. I tried testing an invoice by putting an email manually because they claimed you could, but nothing gets sent, unless I "invite" someone into my account. This is silly. Another issue I have with the invoicing is that it shows "Active Collab" as the sender and you do NOT have the option to change this. Kinda stupid.

Three, you only have a measly 3 ways to categorize or filter projects: Client, Category, and Label. This can be very limiting depending on what you're doing.

• Secteur d'activité : Institutions religieuses

Publié le 10/11/2020

Self hosted or hosted, an excellent team tool

We have a global team that work on projects together, ActiveCollab keeps us progressing them.
We also use it for collaboration, requests and idea sharing.

Avantages

We tried many alternatives, but the simplicity and the ability to self host won us over.
Task lists, Kanban Style boards, Time tracking, Notifying and Assigning all work well.

Inconvénients

I feel the file sharing (or at least referencing a file you have already uploaded) could be simpler. Apart from that we're really happy.

Trello, Basecamp et Asana

Logiciel antérieur

Asana

Pourquoi passer à ActiveCollab

Primarily the ability to self host, and have a large team accessing without paying by user per month.

Les meilleures alternatives à ActiveCollab

Publié le 15/04/2021

Good choice for a basic project management tool but lacking when compared to Basecamp

ActivaCollab is still at the initial stage in terms of features even though they have been in the market for a couple of years. It serves our initial purpose of tasking team mates and tracking task conversation and progress but not more than that. Based on that, our usage is limited to basic tasking and we are considering and exploring migrating to a different system.

Avantages

Onboarding is easy, interface is easy to use and understanding. It's also one of the cheapest option in the market. For features that are not available, the ActiveCollab team is keen to consider adding that feature though during our usage, we didn't really see the feature being rolled out.

Inconvénients

I used to use Basecamp and when compared, there are a lot of features that are lacking in ActiveCollab such as being able to create a Gantt timeline, quite messy grouping of projects on the main home page, not able to add vendors (only can add clients, yet we do not use ActiveCollab to collaborate with clients). As a project management tool, we also would like to see how we can gauge the workload of each team mate and if each team mate might be overload within the day or week, this function at the moment is not available. Completed tasked are being archived and under archived, the completed tasks are not organised according to task list. Some features such as invoicing and budget management cannot be adopted by finance team as they uses a more advanced thou legacy system which includes a whole lot of other functions on top of merely invoicing.

Réponse de Active Collab

Appreciate the detailed feedback shared! We would recommend you to reach to our support teams to schedule a Calendly meet as we might have some workaround options to share with you that might help organising your work.

Répondu le 13/07/2021
Djordje

Publié le 14/11/2022

Collaboration on the project and task level - ActiveCollab is the middle-of-the-road solution

Using ActiveCollab daily for over two years felt easy, but also like a chore sometimes. Doing things manually falls within one's job, and it offers good control over how things happen, but sometimes you just want to automate things exactly to your liking. The former describes using ActiveCollab better, but as mentioned, that is sometimes a good thing.

Avantages

For all intents and purposes, ActiveCollab is awesome at doing what it advertises it's doing - project and task management, with easy-to-use, uncomplicated and effective tools. And really, especially on the task level, it is great and will save you a lot of time and brain power.

Inconvénients

On the other hand, if you're the one to experiment with your software, look for ways to improve it in new and unexpected way, I hope you're not expecting a lot of success with ActiveCollab. It is a good piece of software, as long as you stay within its area of expertise. Otherwise, you're just stopped in tracks for the most of time, with little or no ways to go forward.

Jira et ProjectManager.com
Linda

Publié le 26/11/2020

Flexible, easy to use system

We have been using AC for five years to manage projects in an in-house marketing and communications team. Overall, we've been able to adapt the system to our needs. AC makes it easy to stay out of email for day-to-day tasks like assigning work, reviewing work, checking on project status, etc.

Being able to:
- upload images and files into task discussion threads to facilitate easy review of work
- easily add and archive users
- run reports at the task, project, client, and user levels

Inconvénients

- No integration with Microsoft Teams.
- Limited ability to manage user groups or fine-tune user permissions.
Most needed feature:
- The ability to mark notifications "unread" or "priority".

Bappaditya

Publié le 04/10/2019

Best Project and task management software for SMEs

Simple UI, even a stupid person may understand after simple guidance

Avantages

I have tried multiple task management software for our company, But anyhow I was not satisfied with other product because of no option to manage workload or time and invoice calculation or somehow workflow is difficult for non technical user to use.
Activ Collab has the most simple UI and Design. Only 1 or 2 days training will be sufficient for any users to understand it.
Workload segment is really simple and most important functionality it have.
And the support team is really great.

Most importantly - it have self hosted options which is utmost priority for us for data security and privacy and also we can reduce cost for our users.

Inconvénients

Android app needs improvement. It doesn't comes anywhere near to desktop web version.

ProofHub

Pourquoi passer à ActiveCollab

Selfhosted options not available in Proofhub, Data security and privacy is a big concern for us. Design of Activ Collab is much more simple.
Ross

Publié le 09/02/2018

Great Project Management Software

It organizes my life every day.

Avantages

Solid options for organization and streamlining processes that even clients can be taught to use. As a creative agency selling our time it's important to communicate quickly and efficiently with our clients. A big part of that happens at the beginning of every project when they fill out a creative brief. We've used ActiveCollab to set up standard brief templates so AC asks all the questions and they go down the list and fill it out. The time tracker works great and is a painless way to keep track of time. Email notifications are great, especially being able to respond to comments VIA email really speeds things up. Support staff is great. Always available and helpful.

Inconvénients

The invoicing functionality is great but is missing major sorting and display capabilities. For example, if I wanted to show each time entry with its note about what that entry was for organized by project, I cannot do that. My wife has also complained about the App not having a lot of functionality, but I have not used it much personally. I also think the 'Notes' 'Files' and 'Discussions' tabs are kind of random. Haven't found a good place for those in our workflows and they're confusing for clients. I realize it's a big thing to ask, but I'd also like to see some way of incorporating something like Slack into Active Collab, so we can move away from Skype completely.

Khothatso
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning

Publié le 11/08/2022

ActiveCollab is a very Comprehensive Tool.

Avantages

ActiveCollab ensures that I meet my deadlines and deliver quality work always. I can manage my work and collaborate with my team effectively and hassle-free. Its interface and design offers simplicity and helps me manage everything on one platform from tracking tasks, file sharing to planning on my calendar. I am really impressed with it and it is really helpful in terms of communication. I can recommend it to anyone.

Inconvénients

I found it difficult to integrate it my calendar when I first started using but so far I'm pleased with it.

Alexander
  • Secteur d'activité : Design
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

Publié le 24/09/2022

Excellent Project management, All-in-one solution

Avantages

It helps me get my tasks done in no time. The software is really hassle free, so there's never any obstacles when using it. Another great thing about ActiveCollab is that the features are very diverse and the ability to self host really adds to the convenience.

Inconvénients

The invoicing module is far too limited. Apart from that, I'm really happy.

• Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés

Publié le 10/08/2022

We finally found a solution that fully suits our team for task management.

We use AC for all our task management and time tracking.

Avantages

The wide possibilities of the AC and the fact that the App originally comes from Serbia :) European apps are of high quality!

Inconvénients

We have no problem with the application. It suits all our needs.

Publié le 06/12/2019

The Right Project Management Tool for Small to Medium Sized Team

It's easy to use and worth the cost.

Avantages

My team and I do really like the simplicity of the software. It helps us focus on doing the tasks rather than figuring out how to use the software correctly to assign tasks.

Inconvénients

- Unmaintained mobile apps, both iOS and Android versions.
- No function to duplicate tasks list.
- Zipping attachments from a task to be downloaded, takes forever.
- Bulk actions on tasks seem to need an improvement on UX so that it's more user friendly to use. Currently, we need to scroll up and down to choose the actions.
- On the Reports page for Tasks, every time we choose a Custom Report, the columns and "sort by" are always reset.
- As admin, I can't see the full list of other user's Activities. I can only see the last 5 or something.

I might be able to give some more feedback. Do let me know if it helps improve your product :)

monday.com et Bitrix24

Pourquoi choisir ActiveCollab

Lack of bulk actions feature

Logiciel antérieur

Trello

Pourquoi passer à ActiveCollab

Pricing term and cost effectiveness
Susan

Publié le 28/02/2019

Constantly Improving and Helpful Support

The team is immediate to help, and pleasant to deal with. Also, truly they release updates like monthly, the product is always getting better which is AWESOME.

Avantages

This software includes all of the features of the leading brands and more in most cases. I compared ActiveCollab to every system out there and tried demos and trials of each as well. It combines robust options with ease of use, and is more affordable than most other options. We can use kan-ban, calendar or list views, and can organize almost everything to our own preference. They also are continuously upgrading the system and adding features. I also like that they have a roadmap on their website so you know what they will be working on next. Top quality product and service.

Inconvénients

We used to be able to change the colors and design options but now we are limited to one set of colors and 4 or 5 different background images. I know it is probably only the designers who care, but as a design company, it drives me crazy. It's not ugly, per se, and it is definitely not hard to read or use, but it is not how I would like it to look, so, it's my least favorite thing about it.

Publié le 24/07/2019

Keeps getting better

Avantages

Active Collab is efficient, friendly, and structured just right for our team's work. The reporting, activity stream, project, task, and subtask organization are all well-calibrated for daily use to organize work and to report on projects.

Inconvénients

I wish AC integrated with Jira. Our development unit uses Jira, but the complexity means it's a no-go for our unit's daily use. The lack of integration means that sometimes members of our team have to ping-pong between both products, or fail to understand what's happening there. A preview of a Jira ticket in AC would be totally sufficient.

• Secteur d'activité : Design

Publié le 26/05/2021

Beautiful design meets functionality

All in all, I am happy with ActiveCollab and glad to have discovered it. The support is ultra quick to respond via live chat and very friendly and helpful.

Avantages

The very first thing I would like to highlight is ActiveCollab's great, minimalist design. It is one of the most beautiful UI I have ever used. Everything is clearly and logically laid out and it doesn't take many clicks to get to the desired item.
The project management is also simply beautiful, so you don't lose track of everything. Tags and statuses can be customized and the integrated calendar provides an overview of upcoming tasks including deadlines. Task lists and to-dos can be added to each project and sorted by priority. The time tracking is also a nice feature, so you don't have to rely on another program.

Inconvénients

Currently, I still find creating customers a bit too cumbersome. I first have to navigate to the "Contacts" item and create the respective company before I can assign a project. I would like to be able to add a project directly from the list of the corresponding company/contact without having to switch back and forth in the menu. An integration with HubSpot would also make work easier if contacts are constantly synchronized, because with HubSpot I always have all contacts automatically.

Réponse de Active Collab

Thank you for your feedback! With the current design of the app, you can add people invited to your account directly to the project. If you need to assign a company a project, you would need to first have a company created in the People section and users added to the company. As for the integration, you can use Zapier to link ActiveCollab and HubSpot. Fore more detailed instructions please feel free to contact our support teams at [email protected]

Répondu le 16/07/2021
Tony

Publié le 26/01/2018

Great task management application

Avantages

Activecollab are great, we were previously using 3 different Basecamp accounts for our sister companies. Basecamp was becoming a nightmare, it's ugly and the support is bad. We frequently have projects running over as an example, usually as we are waiting on information so we need to manually update every task deadline (Slow and painful) Activecollab allows selecting the project and bulk updating the deadline on the tasks, or in a list view one by one which is quick and easy.

We opted for the self hosted version and use an amazon AWS Elastic Search Service for searching. this is so much cheaper than what Basecamp was costing and so much more user friendly. Anyone big plus factor is, we were able to customise the software a bit (Against their guidelines) to give it some branding for our company by including an additional CSS file, we have to add this after every update but it's worth it.

Inconvénients

Lack of built in customisation
Email sending is limited in regards to daily reports etc
Requires Elastic Search which is on another server/service, whilst not a huge deal it would have been nice to have a local native search and a high performance option using Elastic Search.

Publié le 15/02/2019

Active Collab is helpful in keeping everyone on the same page and up to date on tasks

Overall, I really like ActiveCollab as a project management tool. We have been able to onboard folks to it quickly and again, I like to have one place that I can go and see all my active projects and current tasks. You are also able to see past projects and tasks.

Avantages

I like that I can go one place and see all my tasks for the projects I am a part of. It is easy to tag people and the software is pretty intuitive. It allows many people to be part of the big picture and stay up to date on the progress of projects. It also cuts down on the number of emails I need to send because I can follow up on items within the program and tag people.

Inconvénients

The customer support often leaves something to be desired. When issues arise it is not usually a quick fix and when Active Collab is down, our project management comes to a halt because this is the key to our success. The everyday support for quick answers is fine, but when major issues arise the solutions are not always quick.

• Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Publié le 28/01/2021

OK for task & project management

It is an average tool that will get the job done for anyone that needs basic task and project management.

Avantages

This tool is intuitive to use and had a pretty easy ramp-up period. Projects can be organized easily and tasks are easy to create and assign out. The comment function works well for tracking task updates and notes.

Inconvénients

Does not have a task workflow built into it, and is not great if you have more advanced project tracking needs. The time tracking also needs improvement.

Réponse de Active Collab

Appreciate you sharing the feedback with us! We would love to hear more about the suggestions for improving the time tracking and workflow on tasks, you can reach out to our support at [email protected] or share your suggestions on this page: https://activecollab.com/help/suggest-a-feature

Répondu le 13/07/2021
Emma
  • Secteur d'activité : Rédaction et correction

Publié le 14/02/2018

ActiveCollab is great for keeping in touch with colleagues around the world - makes it fast...

Ease and speed of use, ability to tag co-workers, review discussions easily and keep track of tasks.

Avantages

I love the fact that it's linked to my email account, so if there is a new post I know about it quickly! It's also great that I can reply to threads directly from my email, that feature is so helpful.

I like that the threads within ActiveCollab are easy to keep track of, so no more wading through emails trying to find a reference to something!

The interface is quick and easy to use, and it's great being able to tag co-workers in threads to grab their attention.

Inconvénients

There isn't much to be honest, but I suppose I would like it if the software took me directly to recent activity, as when there are a lot of projects sometimes I find it hard to navigate my way to the thread I'm looking for. But that's a minor quibble!

Other than that, I really enjoy using the software.

Tracie
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Publié le 08/07/2018

The flexibility of ActiveCollab makes this an all round fantastic business tool

ActiveCollab has increased my productivity, my organisation and decreased the sheer volume of clutter that used to be on my desk

Avantages

The ability to view information a variety of ways enables each project to be completed according to need.
The flexibility of reports
The fantastic customer service you can tell they put the customer first and genuinley care about you getting the most from the software
The best thing about ActiveCollab however, is the ability to handle general admin tasks along side projects, something very few project managers allow for

Inconvénients

The UI the software really needs a little colour, I know this is a little thing but I also know it is important to some people.
Although the android app works well, I have a personal preference for seeing my task lists on a homescreen widget not having to access through an icon

Andreas

Publié le 21/02/2019

Flexible project management tool with many features

Avantages

The project management tool has many advantages and features. We've been using it for many years. A big advantage is the link with Slack and Google Drive. This gives us an optimal overview of every customer. In addition, our customers can create tasks independently and communicate with our entire team. Since the new version it is clearer and more intuitive. We can only recommend it and will continue to use it intensively.

Inconvénients

The app itself is expandable and also the software for time recording is relatively unreliable.
The recurring tasks should include more options.

Al

Publié le 09/02/2018

I have been an advocate of Active Collab and I have been taking it with me with every new...

It's a great contractor\agency tool. But you don't have to be an agency, its great for in-house too

Avantages

Easy to use, affordable, logical, logical, really helps. The latest version has greate GUI and I have been using this tool for last 4 years. I first used it at Xivic, then took it with me to Get My Auto, Everything Online, Digital Advertier, and now my own consulting firm.

Inconvénients

I wish it would connect to other project management tools such as basecamp, asana, etc. I work with many contractors and vendors and if I could do everything in active collab, then it would create a ticket in their platforms, it would be awsome.

Kaylie

Publié le 16/12/2020

One of the best project management softwares I've used (and I've used a lot!)

I have used a lot of project management software between different jobs and Active Collab has by far been the easiest, most straightforward, and practical. I love how streamlined it is. I've used far too many software that try to do too much at once and there are WAY too many buttons and options to complicate things. Active Collab gets the balance right between offering lots of features and keeping the interface user friendly. While there are a few features I wish this had, Active Collab has been great at listening to their users by adding requested features. I greatly appreciate it!

Avantages

-Easy to see everything assigned to me
-Ability to star projects to keep them at the top
-Multiple timers all reside under a convenient clock icon at the top
-Ability to add reminders
-Labels

Inconvénients

-Can only sort tasks by name, project, or due date. I wish you could sort by more than one thing at a time (i.e. By project AND due date)
-Sometimes buggy, but a simple refresh usually fixes the problem

Publié le 10/02/2018

Used well, this is all you need to keep an eye on business

Avantages

I like the fact that everything is contextually linked, you can dive into a task from a calendar, report, email - anything really.
As a manager it's great for checking workload and distributing tasks efficiently. I've been using ActiveCollab for a while now in different organisations, so much so I recommended we get the self-hosted version.

Inconvénients

The inability to email direct to other modules like conversations and files unlike Basecamp which does allow it. That and not being able to add tasks from the calendar. That would be awesome.

Eileen
  • Secteur d'activité : Bibliothèques

Publié le 26/02/2019

Great tool for project management

It's enabled us to stay organized and on track of the time sensitive development process for our online training program.

Avantages

We use ActiveCollab to keep track of our online course development process. So the easy-to-navigate interface is huge. The fact that people are alerted at different points along the development path is also very helpful.

Inconvénients

Keeping track of trainers is a but cludgy. We use Notes but it would be great if there were a dedicated section for tracking info about people (not necessarily ActiveCollab users). Being able to opt in or out of certain interface features would also be nice (we never use invoicing, for instance, so would just as soon not see it).

390 avis