Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Hubdoc

Hubdoc handles the complex process of manual data entry by business owners using spreadsheets. Simply snap paper invoices, bills or receipts using smartphone or tablet camera and the apps for iOS or Android scans those documents...

En savoir plus

Aislinn
  • Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion

Publié le 19/04/2019

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Hubdoc

Hubdoc is one of our favorite apps here at Entreflow, it's a perfect place for us to store all of our client's documentation. It's super easy for our clients once everything is set up to just take a picture of a receipt, and forward an email to the unique email address.

Avantages

It has three amazing features:
It fetches statements, our client statements directly from the source. So, all of their bank statements, phone bills, hydro bills, any kind of account or they'd have a regular statement, it fetches those as soon as they're released and brings them to us.
They have a unique email address that they're given through Hubdoc. Anything that comes to their email; receipts for any purchases online or what have you, they can forward directly to Hubdoc and they can also set up email forwarding depending on their email service to have those automatically sent over.
With the phone app they can take pictures of receipts on the fly while they're out and about and they don't have to actually categorize those expenses through the app they just to take a picture and they're done. So we're able to get all of the documentation that we're required to close their books super easily.

Another stand-out feature for this app is the OCR technology; so it'll read what's on the image or the attachment that’s sent to Hubdoc, and the data that's on there, and try to categorize it as best it can. We're still involved in verifying and pushing the data. You can set up some automation in there but for the most part it reads the data quite well and it saves data entry time.

So what happens with Hubdoc is once the transaction or the document comes in, the OCR is there to read the transaction level of data, you can then push the transaction over to Quickbooks Online or Xer

Inconvénients

So, where we’d like to see some development is in the multi-currency functionality. So, a lot of our clients have bills that come in in U.S. dollars. It's a little bit messy with the effects moving over to Quickbooks.

Publié le 12/10/2022

Excellent software for capturing data from documents

I love Hubdoc and find the value for money outstanding.

Avantages

The data extraction and setting up rules to push the bills through to Xero automatically. Included in the price of Xero. Automatic storage of documents by name of suppliers. Notes added by the client attached to bills is also very useful.

Inconvénients

Adding new accounts requires a dummy email address, which is strange. More complex bills need quite a lot of manual input, especially with CIS and multicurrency. Quite an outdated layout and feel.

Pourquoi choisir Hubdoc

The client became more price-sensitive due to the recession and wanted to cut costs.

Logiciel antérieur

Pourquoi passer à Hubdoc

The best solution for Xero especially for price sensitive clients, not willing for more premium product like dext prepare
Trent
  • Secteur d'activité : Divertissement
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 12/11/2022

We only use it because it is free

Very poor

Avantages

It syncs up with Xero easily helping us add documents to our accounting system

Inconvénients

This software is horrible, the data extract is poor in comparison to Dext and it takes a long time to process. If it was not free and part of Xero, we would not use it. Xero could spend a little time and money on development to improve this to the same standard of Dext

Pourquoi choisir Hubdoc

Price was free

Logiciel antérieur

Price

Les meilleures alternatives à Hubdoc

Veronica

Publié le 11/10/2022

Could not work without it

Avantages

I like the way Hubdoc stores data in file folders similar to a windows/Apple document manager
I like the tag feature so I can also highlight documents into other groupings without having to chainge the vendor name.
I also love the reposting feature if there was an error when the item was posted originally.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the AI is off significantly on the data extraction.
I dislike that they no longer have bank statement direct links

Pourquoi passer à Hubdoc

It was a better interface for that client. The folder setup and ability to tag items met their needs better
Margaret Ana
  • Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité

Publié le 18/05/2021

Great value & ease of use for the money!

Overall I was very happy with the software and when I was working as an online accountant, all my clients were subscribed to it for receipt submittal. I still use it for my personal businesses. I would highly recommend it for all small businesses that accumulate a lot of receipts. Cuts down on the paperwork.

Avantages

I really like how the setup is easy and the integration with QuickBooks Online is smooth. I really like the mobile app and that you can upload receipts on the fly.

Inconvénients

I was disappointed that the program does not allow us to setup suppliers on the fly that are in a currency other than our native one (other than the one setup as the "main" one in QBO). I also would get a bit frustrated when the syncing would randomly stop for the banks (but this may not be their fault).

Ariel

Publié le 18/02/2020

Hubdoc

Great experience, easy to use, integrates with many providers to pull documents from.

Avantages

Amazing concept, documents in one place makes reconciliations and audits a breeze. Affordable partner pricing makes recommending Hubdoc to clients a no brainer.

Inconvénients

Receipt management for company paid cards and reimbursable employee expenses is lacking. Hubdoc doesn't read the receipts to determine which card was used and automatically allocate that receipt to X employee. Employees should be able to setup Hubdoc inboxes with their own email address to send receipts to. Feeds break often so if that could be improved that would be great as well.

Jenny
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 27/03/2022

Inexpensive and does basic functions

I am used to it and so are my clients, so overall we have no current plans to change. But I wish we had the document fetching feature still.

Avantages

It allows document storage and email forwarding, as well as syncing with a bookkeeping software.

Inconvénients

It stopped downloading documents from banks and other service providers.

Pourquoi passer à Hubdoc

It had the features I needed at a reasonable price.
Lissa
  • Secteur d'activité : Meubles
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 10/12/2020

Document Storage

A great first step into getting our essential documents all in one place.

Avantages

We implicated this solution for our document storage problem. This was out first document storage solution. Is easy to drop files into software or email into hubdoc.

Inconvénients

Organizing documents into folders is a bit tricky, buy can easily search for and find what you are looking for.

Dropbox Business

Pourquoi passer à Hubdoc

We actual use both, 1 for storage and 1 for documents that we update.
Sachin

Publié le 04/10/2022

Foreign Currency transactions

Avantages

How easy it is for the client and the bookkeeper to Work on the bookkeeping.

Inconvénients

How I am not able to process USD and other foreign currency invoices to Quickbooks anymore.

Plooto
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 04/11/2022

Hubdoc Review

Avantages

The ease of use, I came into Abbeygate Accoutancy with no experience and learnt Hubdoc very well in a very short time.

Inconvénients

The speed and efficiency of the software.

Brett

Publié le 21/12/2017

Hubdoc is part of my software suite

Avantages

Hubdoc is a great all-in-one expense tracking/ document collecting software solution. I set up all of my clients with this software and show them how to use it on their phones and through email. Two great features for the accountant or bookkeeper.
1) Receipt capture. No longer will you need to contact your clients to request what a particular charge is because they can simply scan the receipt at the time of purchase, or forward the digital receipt to their specific email address. The software pulls the necessary information from the receipt and pre-populates an entry to the accounting software you have synced to their Hubdoc account.
2) Connection to banks and credit card companies is super by the automatic download of statements. No longer do you have to go to each of the client's bank's websites and manually download the statements for reconciliation. Hubdoc will grab them for you.

Inconvénients

Hubdoc will categorize an expense to push the charge as a bill/invoice or directly to a bank account into the accounting software. One negative feature is the inability to tag the bank accounts with the last four digits of the credit/debit card that was used so the Hubdoc can push directly to that bank account. At this time of publication, we have to manually add the bank account to push the expense to - also assuming you have the last four digits of the cards memorized. Which I do not.

denise

Publié le 10/12/2019

Recently purchased by Xero

Mostly positive. It is pricey but now included in the monthly cost of Xero

Avantages

Fetching of popular bank statements and accounts is great - saves much time. The auto organization is also good if a bit confusing for new users

Inconvénients

Xero just purchased this company which makes me leery of using it as a QBO user. I am considering moving to Xero now...

Fetching capability
Alexandra
  • Secteur d'activité : Restaurants

Publié le 07/03/2018

I use HubDoc nearly daily to process invoices for my business.

Time Saving , Reduces Errors, Allows me to work remotely.

Avantages

I love that I can access HubDoc wherever there is an internet connection and go through my invoices. The coding makes it so much easier and faster to get through a tedious task. I have integrated HubDoc with Xero and having both tools synced together means that I can handle 90% of the bookkeeping for my business remotely. I also really like that invoices are stored so that I can access then later and not worry about paper copies taking up space. The text recognition is pretty accurate and HubDoc learns as it goes - saving time and minimizing errors.

Inconvénients

Sometimes HubDoc doesn't read certain fonts properly and contacts are recreated multiple times. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete duplicate contacts which clogs up the list. Occasionally, document uploads fail which can be a pain, but this seems to be fairly infrequent.

Kyle

Publié le 15/03/2018

Game Changing

Avantages

Aside from the auto fetching, OCR, the App, the support team and the configuration capabilities, my favorite feature is the ability to integrate transaction level receipts directly into bookkeeping software like QuickBooks Online or Xero. The ability to drill into an transaction and see the physical source document (in seconds) is an absolute game changer! I also love that they are Canadian company.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the auto fetch connections go down, but the support team fixes the issue as fast as possible. I would also appreciate SAML based SSO in the future.

Krystle

Publié le 04/02/2019

Needs to update their banking compatibility

Avantages

Great tool-- from what I know, this is the only provider that does what Hubdoc does. I love all the features and tools available that are offered.

Inconvénients

My main problem with Hubdoc is that the banks and credit cards that our client's use (we have over 50 clients) are not all compatible with Hubdoc. OR the feed will break continuously. We will usually need to contact our client to re-enter their credentials to get the feed back up and running (which seems to happen frequently) OR we have to work around the error if the bank isn't syncing at all.

Christine
  • Secteur d'activité : Urbanisme et architecture

Publié le 22/08/2021

Bookkeeping necessity

Hubdoc is a perfect example of work smarter not harder. Saves time and money when it comes to the data entry.

Avantages

I love the ease of use and time that it saves me in entering receipts, bills and invoices.

Inconvénients

I noticed when I downloaded a receipt and saved it into files on my computer the system would reload to a page and I wouldn't be able to figure out how to get back to the the regular menu without having to log out and back in.

• Secteur d'activité : Construction

Publié le 11/04/2020

Simple Inexpensive OCR Solution for Document Intake

Our financial data entry used to be extremely manual - too much manual entry. We eliminated 75% of our data entry in this area, which in turn was a huge result in business efficiency.

We also reduced our paper printing by about 90pc; decreased turnaround time for vendor payments, and increased the accuracy of our books.

Avantages

Very simple interface - one screen to get all your work done. It processes documents quite fast and does the job well.

Inconvénients

Mobile app is limited with some of the features, not all of the web-based features translate across to the mobile app.

Travis
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

Publié le 22/09/2020

Perfect for getting all your receipts online

Hubdocs is a really great way to store information in a format that makes it easy to find. No more shoe boxes or receipts!

Avantages

Great bit of software that is easy to use and easy to teach clients how to use. Keeps all my receipts organised and easy to track back to source documents.

Inconvénients

I have nothing bad to say about this software. Xero now included it for free in their basic package.

Publié le 12/03/2019

Automated Bookkeeping... Almost

Generally happy with the product and I recommend it to my clients

Avantages

Ease of sending invoices / receipts via multiple options.
Fetching of bank and supplier statements.
Fetches bank statements in .csv which is great for manual importing into Xero Ledger.
Fast and helpful tech support.

Inconvénients

Usually needs some user input to push transactions to Xero correctly.

• Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 21/12/2017

A great addition to automated accounting workflow

Avantages

Hubdoc, for me, functions best as an addon to Xero (or QBO) and Bill.com. I have bills forwarded from an email address into Hubdoc where I can code and push to the accounting software and bill.com. The biggest benefit is that the software automatically codes and stores invoices, based on rules or prior invoices. A simple sync pushes the bill to Xero with correct coding, along with a PDF. It also pushes to Bill.com to easily be paid. For the money, it is absolutely worth using.

Inconvénients

There are a couple of minor issues that are not even worth mentioning here. Please note that I don't use the software to directly link with websites, since the selection is fairly limited. I push all documents to Hubdoc for processing.

Doug
  • Secteur d'activité : Services à la personne et aux familles

Publié le 05/10/2017

Hubdoc has changed the way we store paperwork!

Hubdoc is fully integrated so you can also share info with your accountant which makes expense & report management a breeze.

Avantages

It works seamlessly with email and with multiple vendors. It has been very easy to add new vendors we work with as well as setup ways for us to automate a lot of invoices we receive. Now I can easily go in and quickly find documents that I used to worry about where they were located or how I would find them. I have had no issues thus far and the support team has been very helpful in adding new vendors I work with.

• Secteur d'activité : Conseil en gestion
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 20/03/2018

Great tool for automatically pulling, scanning, and inputting simple invoices and keeping...

Scanning and storing of receipts, statements, and invoices and an auto-push into QuickBooks Online with an attachment of the document.

Avantages

The auto-pull of statements, invoices, and receipts is nice, but the better features are the automatic scanning of simple (and I stress simple) invoices when they are pulled or emailed to your Hubdoc email address. These can then automatically be fed into your accounting software, which makes AP really easy.

Inconvénients

The learning curve is a little higher than other programs. The training at the outset of using the program (the Hubdoc University, or their variant of this type of tool) was too basic. At the end of the training I knew which functions existed, but had very little idea how to make them work. Expect to spend a few weeks really getting to know the program, but once you get it down it is extremely useful.

Jacky
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 02/03/2021

Hubdocs is a great tool for managing your company's documents and payables

Useful tool in catch up projects to obtain pdf and csv files of bank and credit card statements
Cheque images and e-transfer details make reconciliation easy and perfect for backing up work

Avantages

E transfers and cheque images information for bank accounts to make bank reconciliation easier
Paypal statements and transaction for keeping track of payments and transfers
Powerful search function

Inconvénients

Feed breaks down too frequently
Data recognition is not too strong in the publishing tool as manual entry still required
Too many failed files/images

Rachel

Publié le 22/11/2017

I use hubdoc on multiple clients to fetch docs from multiple banks

Avantages

I like the automatic document fetch and the ability to sync to our document storage platform. I like that I can store all of my client accesses under one username.

Inconvénients

Aesthetically I don't love the website. The document portion of the site is too small - you should be able to increase the size without opening the doc in a new tab. Also the add account button should maybe be labeled "manage accounts" as it is the place to do much more than add accounts.

Markie
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 02/02/2018

Hubdoc fast tracks my day

Avantages

Hubdoc is a great tool to fetch your bank and credit card statements. It will also fetch any bill that you have online access to like telephone and utilities. This saves me time as I no longer have to chase clients for data.
Clients also take a picture of their receipts so they are processed in right away and vendors email directly to Hubdoc email. All receipts and bills are processed, posted and attached to Quickbooks Online transaction

Inconvénients

The rotate button doesn't always work and I would like to be able to use the item option on the main screen instead of clicking on multiple

78 avis