Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Rain POS

Rain is an all-in-one point-of-sale, website, and marketing system for small to midsized retailers. Music, dive, sporting goods, paddle, craft, sewing, quilting, and clothing boutiques will find Rain is an excellent fit for...

En savoir plus

Classer par :
Mary Virginia

Publié le 17/12/2020

Love this system!

I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

Avantages

Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

Inconvénients

I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

Lightspeed Golf

Pourquoi passer à Rain POS

The reps presented the information well. They answered any question I had and were willing to show me on a demo. The nicest people work here.
Molly
  • Secteur d'activité : Textile

Publié le 13/09/2021

Rain/LikeSew vs GoDaddy

I am glad I took the plunge, put in the work, with the help of friends, and moved the shop over to Rain/LikeSew this past summer. It was worth the hard work and effort. I can now offer my customers specials and appreciation programs, keep up with inventory and manage files more efficiently.

Avantages

LikeSew is more precise at managing my inventory and handling the day-to-day business of running my fabric store than GoDaddy ever was. I now know exactly how much inventory I have on hand and it's value and what categories it falls into.

Inconvénients

There could be some improvements in the email marketing program and the inventory receipt areas.

Shopify POS

Pourquoi choisir Rain POS

I had no control over inventory management and it was time to renew my GoDaddy products.

Pourquoi passer à Rain POS

I had used Shopify at a friends business and I didn't like it.
Sissy

Publié le 18/07/2019

Disappointing compared to the hype of what you are getting.

We have a hard time getting on the same page. The communication is mostly by email and the timing is hard because we are so far apart. The support people are very kind and try to get things done but the day to day trying to muddle through this change was not worth it, if I could get my money back I would. I am currently paying Lightspeed just not to loose my past sales and lay-a-ways until someone can merge them, this is costly for a small business. I also wish they would talk to whoever answers the phone as I can't just sit on top of the phone all day waiting for a call, this could have been fixed if they would have just talked to the person answering the phone. There are only three people who work here and all three of us are capable of following direction.

Avantages

So far the only Pro is that you can pull a some information from Vendors. Being able to have inventory taken out with sales from Reverb is really nice, it was the catch hook that brought me to RAIN.

Inconvénients

The merge is really rough, I did not get all of my customers merged from my previous POS system, my lay-a-ways were lost or messed up, past sales are lost, pictures had to be taken again. All the upc numbers were mismatched with other products. When you try to put pictures of your product for the website, you never know what picture it may choose no matter how many times you choose the correct one. I have had a bass I have tried many times to add a picture and it refused to add it and puts up a picture of a gig bag. I was told if I used Chrome many of the issues would subside, sadly this is not true. If you are starting out fresh, this may be an okay system to use, if you are migrating from another system, I would NOT recommend using RAIN. I really had high hopes but this has been a disaster. Even the work orders, which I thought would be easier, are a huge pain.

Les meilleures alternatives à Rain POS

Lance

Publié le 07/02/2020

Rain POS

Avantages

This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

Inconvénients

Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

NATE

Publié le 16/11/2020

Make the switch to Rain!

I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

Avantages

Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

Inconvénients

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

Noel

Publié le 10/11/2020

Noel Saucedo Co-owner

I have been a believer ever since i saw them at the Namm show.

Avantages

The ease of this software is very important. Being a small business i really don't have an I.T department so you guessed it we all become the I.T department in our office. The templates are easy to fill out and get your online presence ready for your clients.

Inconvénients

The con is not a Rain problem it's not having the time on our side to complete at this moment.

Laura

Publié le 22/12/2020

Rain POS for Yarn Stores

No point of sale system is perfect. But we are happy with the functionality and effectiveness of Rain. The fact that Rain is continually improving and updating their system has only increased our satisfaction over the years.

Avantages

We have used Rain POS (Like Sew) for over five years and are very satisfied with it. We love that our website (recently upgraded by Rain) integrates with our POS, keeping our inventory numbers accurate. The Point of Sale is very user friendly. Reporting is decent. The website is simple to update.

Inconvénients

While there are sometimes reporting issues or technical issues, Rain has an easy process in place to report problems online or by phone, and they are generally responsive in a timely manner. Rain also has a method to make suggestions on how to change or update the POS/website. I appreciate that they are willing to take our suggestions!

I do wish there was a report for Items Received; it would be nice to be able to create custom reports.

The only major issue we have with Rain is when the system crashes - either because our internet goes out (in which case we are able to use our iPads on cellular to ring up customers) or because Rain goes down. Luckily, this is very rare! And when it's Rain's issue, it is usually remedied quickly.

Finally, it would be great if Rain integrated with Sage Accounting software. We have to manually transfer data from Rain's reports into Sage Accounting. This is time consuming.

Shopify

Pourquoi choisir Rain POS

We wanted to integrate our website and our point of sale system.
Max
s/o

Publié le 07/12/2020

Great for a music shop like us. Room for improvement but they're working on it

Anyone who has migrated from one system to another knows how time-intensive and frustrating the whole process can be. RAIN's support team made the onboarding experience as painless as possible. Their support has continued long after the initial onboarding and I feel very confident in their ability to help us whenever we hit a roadblock and need help. It's also encouraging to see their development team constantly fixing bugs and rolling out new features. They are not the kind of company to rest on their laurels.

Avantages

RAIN lives in the cloud and being able to access our POS from any device is a huge advantage over the POSs we were using before. The Rent-To-Own module helped simplify a very important part of our business. Integrating with REVERB has helped extend our e-commerce reach across the country. The user interface is clean and user-friendly; just what you'd expect from a modern cloud-based platform.

Inconvénients

The marketing platform did not meet our expectations. The email marketing in particular is not up to what I would consider industry standard in terms of the template builder, contact management, scheduled emails, segmented lists, and analytics. We have since dropped that add-on and went with ActiveCampaign which is light years ahead.

AIM et Lightspeed Retail

Pourquoi choisir Rain POS

The former product was not great.
Lisa

Publié le 08/12/2020

LikeSew works for my retail quilt shop

The main reason I implemented the POS option was to help me with inventory control. Prior to using POS I didn't know how much inventory was in stock and therefore I was receiving orders for inventory that I didn't have.

Avantages

I think the customer service is very good. Recently I wanted my homepage to be updated and revamped. They worked very quickly and efficiently with me to get give it a new look and within a few days I had a website looks very modern and professional. Also, I really like the marketing package. I used the POS for several years before adding the marketing feature. I like the automatic emails that it sends to my customers every week. Also, My website is easier to use from a cell phone now. It's worth paying the extra money for each month.

Inconvénients

I do not like the way the inventory receiving works. It is supposed to be integrated with some of my vendors but doesn't seem to be complete or accurate. Also, I really wish that the email marketing was easier to use and more robust.

Ande

Publié le 22/01/2020

Our thoughts

All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

Avantages

The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

Inconvénients

There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

• Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 29/07/2018

Really awesome features with some minor bugs

Tech support has helped us so many times. First, they helped us figure out some of the features that we were not completely certain how to use. Then, when we encountered bugs, another quick call to Support and they had us back up and running within no time. I just wish that the program was not dependent on the internet. We’ve had a few times where the internet went out and we were not able to conduct business. This is not good, but it hasn’t happened too often, just enough to be mildly irritating.

Avantages

This program is so easy to use, even for those who are not technologically literate. While we do not use all of the features, such as the rental option, we are really happy with the program. The fact that everything is stored in the cloud helps us when we are not in the store, such as with trunk shows. The tech support has been so helpful when we experienced bugs in the software, and they were very knowledgeable of the product. I have also found the SEO option of Rain, and we intend to utilize it to its fullest extent to promote our business and get our name out there.

Inconvénients

There have been a few bugs in the software, but nothing that a quick call to support couldn’t fix. One thing that I did not like was when the internet went out. The fact that everything was based on the internet meant that we couldn’t use the cash register. This led to a loss of sales. Nothing too major, but it’s still significant. There should be a backup or a way to use the register when there is no internet connection. More traditional POS systems allow for use without internet, but for inventory reasons, something like Rain is required. Hopefully, they’ll release a version that stores a temporary backup on your system that updates the inventory once the internet is back up and running.

Marie
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

Publié le 10/02/2022

Great product

Inventory management

Avantages

Built in videos and the ability to view both of my stores inventory

I’d love if it worked with Comment Sold and Ship Station

Shopify

They closed

Web based
Carolyn
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

Publié le 09/12/2020

very good company to work with

I love this company. I've been with them from their initial start in our field of music schools, and they have developed very quickly. They still have a feel of a small company, and I feel like if I need an aspect or tool developed, I have a pretty good chance of being heard and considered.

Avantages

The comprehensive nature of having a website, an online store, a point of sale terminal, rental/rent to own terminal makes this a great foundational tool to work with.

Inconvénients

I love the software, but calling customer support, I often get people who don't seem to enjoy helping me. I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling.

Ingrid

Publié le 20/10/2020

I love Rain

Avantages

Rain POS has helped me run my business in many ways. Reports are very easy to understand and useful for book keeping and planning. Most of all I love the help Rain offers. They have always been there for me and are so nice, especially when trying to set up my website. I am not a computer genius and don't have to be because I use Rain. In recent events we had to start selling products through our web site. Rain was able to teach me over the phone how to set all of it up, I couldn't be more grateful.

Inconvénients

Most of the time the things that I felt could be improved have been through updates like phone numbers showing on receipts. It shows that they do listen when we ask for improvements.

Gwen

Publié le 10/02/2022

Customer support is awesome

Wonderful

Avantages

Easy to use, and help with inventory and daily and year end reports

Inconvénients

We have no suggestions for any new features we would like to see.

Sondra

Publié le 21/07/2021

We love RAIN POS

I highly recommend RAIN. Having our inventory on our website has been so helpful and using RAIN has been very easy for my team to learn.

Avantages

I love that Rain POS integrates with a website! I also love that RAIN continues to listen to suggestions and strives to add new features.

Inconvénients

There are some reports that would be helpful.

Sherry

Publié le 16/12/2020

Calico Cupboard

Avantages

I was using another online web service when I heard about Rain (Like Sew). I like what they were offering and the price was great compared to what I was paying. We signed up in 2013/14 and have not regretted it for a minute. I love being able to see what inventory we have, what our customers are buying, being to look back and tell a customer what a fabric was that they purchased.

Inconvénients

There are always features and issues that could be improved upon but right now I'm happy with what we have.

Kathleen
s/o

Publié le 13/09/2021

Software solution that understands our business

We were a new business and needed to find companies to design a website, provide eCommerce and POS solutions, and a platform for customer communications. We were pleased to find them all within one company.

Avantages

The website design process took our branding into mind. It is easy for both us and our customers to use.
Inventory management is intuitive.
Point of sale function is also quite user-friendly.

Inconvénients

Occasionally there are glitches in the system when it interacts with outside programs, such as shipping or payment companies. That being said, there is ample opportunity to suggest new features, report bugs, or communicate directly with customer service to help fix issues.

Barbara

Publié le 07/02/2020

Rain software

Now I don't have to physically go and check on inventory, the report tells me what needs to be ordered.

Avantages

I love the ease of using it, the reports help out so much. Looking up customers history is a breeze.

Inconvénients

I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file. Not able to pick my own expatriation date on coupons or add new coupons.

Susan

Publié le 08/02/2020

review

I no longer complete paper tickets for customer purchases and then need to summarize for taxes.
At the end of a vending sale day, I know how we did with the push of a button.

Avantages

end of day Reports and access to information about my inventory

Inconvénients

lack of reports that can help with inventory report submissions to the state

Steven
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

Publié le 10/08/2018

Great POS

We have been with Rain POS from the beginning and the improvements have been great. Customer service is very good. Very pleased overall.

Avantages

Very easy to use and get employees up to speed quickly. Lots of features to improve sales and inventory control.

Inconvénients

All the features can be a bit overwhelming at first but if you start with the basics, its easy to add additional features as you go along.

DJ
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 26/03/2021

Vendor to Point of Sale

Overall I am really happy we chose to use Rain POS and build a website. It keeps track of my customer's history of purchases and makes returns simple.

Avantages

I love that Checker Distribution & United Notions are integrated with Rain Retail. Also, Brewer and others. That made it so much easier for me to build a website around my retail business.

Inconvénients

I have had issues with items and categories being duplicated.

Brian
  • Secteur d'activité : Articles de sport

Publié le 16/07/2018

Very functional adaptive website at a competitive price

Avantages

Easy plug and play design allows for unlimited updates and edits. Add the file and picture storage for customer access and this all in one service is a great solution for small businesses.

Inconvénients

Limited blog post functionality with subscription options, some bugs in the system that have yet to be resolved.

Nic

Publié le 09/10/2018

Brought new life to my store!

Since we opened, we have hand written all our checks and inventory, which has sometimes lead to discrepancies in what we have in stock and prices on items. It also takes longer to cash people out at the register, which has left some customers at an inconvenience when running late to a gig. Since moving to Rain, we are now able to easily see what is in stock and let customers know if we have extra in the back all from our phones. Recently we had a customer whos speaker blew while at a gig and he was able to order a new one online for us to have ready for him when he walked in the door! We love using Rain!

Avantages

Rain POS was surprisingly easy to set up and integrate into my exsiting website, it really opened up a lot of doors to help sell things in my store that have been sitting a while. We do a lot of lawaway orders, so it was nice to be able to set up a lawaway option on our online store.

Inconvénients

The only thing I wish I was able to do is have the option to add multiple products at a time to help streamline the inventory process. Other than that, I have had zero issues!

Jonathan

Publié le 15/02/2017

RAIN Review

Generally Positive. Going into a year of use, we are running up against some feature and programming weaknesses, particularly on the accounting side.

Interface, ease of use

Inconvénients

It is not as strong on accounting as I would like. There are errors propagated through voided transactions which inaccurately influence the reports and sometimes even customer balances.

122 avis