Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur AIM

AIM est une solution métier de PDV (point de vente) sécurisée de bout en bout qui peut être utilisée dans n'importe quel environnement de commerce de détail. Cet outil de gestion de commerce de détail comprend des menus et écrans...

En savoir plus

Classer par :
Holly

Publié le 17/11/2020

Pleased!

Overall we are very happy with AIM for our business. The tech support is awesome! They are always ready to help and super friendly. I love that they can remote in and show us what to do.

Avantages

We have been using the contract module side of AIM for our instrument rental contracts to keep track of monthly payments since the beginning of our business in 2004. We pulled away for a brief stint to try another company and it was a disaster. The instrument rental contracts are the bread and butter of our business. If it fails, we fail. If the customer doesn't feel like they can trust us with their personal info because the system fails, we fail. It's a reflection on us. We came back to AIM in 2019 and went all in with the full point of sale system and we've never looked back. We highly recommend AIM.

Inconvénients

We do wish that there weren't so many steps to follow. Seems like there is a huge learning curve to this program. Once you live it and breath it like it do it's one thing. But my employees tend to make mistakes often because they miss a step.
And for example: having to get out of one frame and into another one for the same customer with a different question about their account is sometimes frustrating.
Also. I really wish that an email went out immediately to my rental contract customers on autopay when their card is declined. The ability is there, as they receive an email immediately when the payment goes through, but not when it declines. This would help our collection dept out tremendously if this option was implemented.

Kellie

Product Review

My overall experience has been great. From the beginning the help to set this program up for our needs was challenging but very successful. Josh, our salesman has been nothing but helpful and informative and always replys quickly and is always checking in. That is very important to us, someone who takes the time to email every so often to check in and make sure everything is going well. If we have a question he always responds quickly.

Avantages

The more we use the software the more we learn and love the product. We use this software everyday runnig reports, for our POS, inventory, and much more. We love the button feature to make everyday use easy.

Inconvénients

I find that it is hard to find a credit card company that is compliant with AIM.

Alternatives envisagées

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Pourquoi choisir AIM

Firearm friendly, customizable to our needs, range compliant.

Pourquoi passer à AIM

Again, firearm friendly, customizable to our needs, range compliant, easy to use, and the customer service.
Bill
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 26/01/2017

Great feature set and support. Very poorly implemented.

The product has features that no other has, especially for the musical instrument rental business. However, it is showing its age. The worst thing is that it wasn't written well even to standards that we had 30 years ago. (I started in the IT business in 1986.)

I would recommend it, with a great many warnings, to a musical instrument rental or similar company, but absolutely not to anyone else.

Avantages

The feature set for the rent-to-own business is good. So far as we have been able to discover, there is no other product at any price that supports our business. (If there was, I would be on it like a duck on a June bug.)

The support staff is excellent!

Inconvénients

I would have fired an experienced programmer or seriously chewed out a beginner 30 years ago if they designed a user interface that was so poorly implemented. You never know from screen to screen what you have to do to do a "find." Sometimes you have to hit Tab for the program to work, sometimes you have to hit Enter. The mere fact that in a good many places the programmers apparently elected to use the tab key or enter key events rather than the OnExit event is inexcusable. (Click the OK or Save button without first tabbing out of a field and there is a great chance that the changes to the field you were last in were not saved.) Things as simple as standard naming conventions for naming reports are just an example that someone either didn't understand design or didn't care. (The reports aren't in report name order because some inept person decided to put "Print" or "List" in front of the report name, thereby making the lists sort out without rhyme or reason. Having a table of variables to STORE system options is fine. It's even okay for a first release. However, how a system that has been on the market this long without having a user interface on said table indicates a huge lack of caring. The user interface flaws cannot be excused by the fact that the programs are old. The design flaws would not have been acceptable in a DOS or even a CP/M program.

The back end modules are simply sad. The fact that they decided to write the back end all over again in the new system that they plan to release someday indicates a huge lack of judgment. Why the devil would one reinvent the wheel, especially after doing such a poor job the first time around, when one could interface to any of several well-written, mature, user-friendly and well-supported G/L, A/P, A/R, etc. systems and focus on the specialized modules that make me use AIMsi to start with? (QuickBooks immediately comes to mind.) Doing so would save well into six figures of development cost, give one a solid base on which to build, and even give one a huge marketing opportunity by being an enhancement to a widely-used system rather than being a home-rolled thing. It would also give me some hope that the new release would be available in my lifetime. They are simply burning man-years of programming effort and stretching lead times unreasonably.

As bad as the G/L module is, their "Purchase Order" module simply boggles the mind. They make a sad effort to somehow combine P/O and Customer Order Processing while making both the COP features and the interface to A/P damned near unusable. One need only looks at the database design to see that whoever wrote the COP programs had never actually worked on one before. No Order Header and Order Line Item tables? Really? They sort of sludge everything together in something that they dreamed up from scratch. Even the terminology used for field names and labels is non-standard. "Picked" has a very well understood meaning in the COP industry. They have a whole new definition.

I could go on forever...

Les meilleures alternatives à AIM

NCR Counterpoint

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Bill

Publié le 30/09/2022

An overall great product

We moved from a custom AS400 program written for our company to AIM almost 10 years ago. We've been very pleased with AIM & never looked back. No program is perfect & they all have their little quirks, but we've been very pleased with AIM & have no interest in shopping for another platform.

Avantages

There is a lot to unpack in this program, but once you've learned the system it's an all-in-one package & is fast, easy & efficient to use. Integration between our website, payment processing, shipping, etc. make our life easier. The program is constantly updated with enhancements & quality of life updates making the software faster & better to use. Tech support is very responsive to our needs & requests, development has made many changes to the software at our request to better fit our needs.

Inconvénients

The Vortx web platform that integrates with AIM comes with a lot of limitations & the custom report tool is difficult to use. The SQL platform version 12 uses is powerful, but the hardware & software startup cost (SQL especially) can be high. There is not a good solution for working with products that are sold in both a physical AND digital format.

Devon

TriTech AIM Review

Overall, I am very happy with this AIM. It has made our business run smoother and has opened up some avenues to us that were previously not feasible.

Avantages

We sell firearms, and the built in A&D Book is a critical component to our business. Once setup, this feature makes tracking of firearms incredibly simple .

Inconvénients

The management of sale prices for our products needs to be revamped and is currently both difficult and convoluted to use. In my opinion, this is easily the area of the software that could most benefit from improvement.

Eric

Publié le 01/09/2022

Overall great value and awesome tech support

Overall I would buy the software again. Great people, knowledge and they absolutely show concern about your business. The software, on a basic level, is easy to learn for new employees. I've seen many positive changes in the last two years and I'm sticking around to see what's next!

Avantages

Easy.......... The fact it can communicate by sending auto calls and text to my customers and helping me to stay in touch along the way. We are a repair shop and this has not only saved us tons of time but this feature has made us lots of money$$$. The POS and customization of the screen and tech support. Tech support is absolutely, hands down, some of the best I've ever experienced. They answer the phone and stay with you until you understand. Very nice people who never make you feel stupid. Also love the fact you can so easily access your data. Other software we've had has limited the backend data to you where as AIM absolutely encourages you to use it. I will say.... a new employee can be taught in under 5 minutes how to check out a customer through the POS.

Inconvénients

Inventory management, pricing and the repair shop module all need some help. All usable and functional. They are just some areas that aren't as polished as other software. Also, if you are a company with over a million different SKU's, beware. The software really is slow. I know! FYI, you'll need own EXCEL and have a basic understanding in order to to manage your inventory as AIM just simply does not have the capability to do so.

Alternatives envisagées

RepairShopr et RepairDesk

Pourquoi choisir AIM

Cost and features. Communication with customers and the fact we could update our on price files.

Pourquoi passer à AIM

The support and fact these people answer the phone and speak English. Not trying to be ugly, just a simple fact.
Emily

Publié le 12/09/2022

Emily's Review of AIM

I have worked with many people at Tri-Tech we have been using there POS for about 4 years. I have had to call the customer help line many times in those 4 years. And no matter how frustrated I am they do an excellent job helping me solve the issues I run into.

Avantages

I enjoy the easy of being able to create things and customize the POS easily. The system does all I need plus more that I probably don't know about. Seems like I learn new things about it all the time. My most recent call was with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He was very knowledgeable and the questions he didn't know the answers to he was very speedy at finding them. I enjoyed my early morning conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] while he helped me work on multiple issues I was having. We got them all fixed in under an hour (I was expecting it to be a multiple hour kind of call). I look forward to working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] again.

Inconvénients

The worst part about this POS was the set up. Although I believe that is mostly the fact that we were transferring information from a system that was very VERY old and outdated system. But the service team was there for me whenever I had questions; and boy I had a lot of them. Those first few months most of the service people knew me by first name.

Benjamin

Publié le 09/09/2022

Many Tools/

Good overall. Many problems arise on a weekly basis but phone support are always their to help.

Avantages

I do like that there are many features available. Scheduling, rentals, repair, short term rentals, etc. They are always trying to update and get better. I believe the repair and rental contracts are the strongest features of the software. A lot of the active e features are nice as well.

Inconvénients

With what I like about the software is also where some of its problems arise. There are some parts of the software that lack features within its functions. Short term rentals is confusing and not completely ready in my opinion, not many ways for loaners to be customized ( no options for automated late fees or charges), Package deals are not easy to update. There are tons of features but some have issues.

Teddy
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente en gros

Publié le 26/09/2022

Experience with Aim

Overall experience with Aim has bee satisfactory.

Avantages

User friendly, tech support is good and a fair price.

Inconvénients

Integration with previous inventory got messed up and we had to do much more work to get corrected.

Terrica
  • Secteur d'activité : Bibliothèques

Publié le 13/09/2022

TFV Review

Our experience has been good. When we have an issue or a problem, tech support is helpful in solving the issues we have.

Avantages

We use the software for consignment of books. It is fairly easy to use to consign and sell.

Inconvénients

It would be helpful to create an inventory that our customers could use to look up our inventory.

Julio
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 30/04/2021

Great Softrware, and even better customer service

Avantages

Three (3) years ago, as I was increasingly becoming frustrated with my previous POS system, I researched various options. In doing so, I discovered a software system called AIMsi, which is a Tri-Technical system. I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and walked through the process and signed the agreement. Admittedly, navigating this software was a bit intimidating I became frustrated with the learning curve and gave up on the software that I had paid for. A few months later I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]to see how I was liking the software. I described my experience with the software thus far, to include my frustrations with the setup, navigation, troubleshooting, etc. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely patient and professional. Additionally, rather than treat me as a generic customer, he listened attentively, was compassionate and did not close the discussion until he identified a path forward for which he could properly resolve my issue. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]expressed a great deal of concern, acknowledging the cost I paid for the software and that it was of the upmost importance to him that I experience the full range of the product. Thereafter, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] registered me for training sessions, at no cost, and followed up with me repeatedly (2-3 times weekly) until I was comfortable with using the software. The software is great and the staff who have all been friendly and willing to help when I called for tech support.

Inconvénients

sometimes the software can appear to be complicated gaining a understanding of its functionality helps

Betsy

Publié le 06/10/2021

AIM software makes my job easier!

My interactions have almost exclusively been with the tech support team. I am a musician and I don't think like an accountant; they are always helpful and efficient. The support is peerless - I don't think we have ever stumped them!

Avantages

We have been using AIM for more than 10 years. It allows us to manage daily sales, keep current track of our inventory, and to update, receive, and transfer inventory as needed. The A/P invoice feature makes accounting a much easier process. The software is reliable, and the reports it can generate are tremendously helpful.

Inconvénients

We are a musical instrument store that is run by musicians, and it took us all a bit of time to learn to "think like the software" in more complicated processes. The availability of tech support being there to bail us out made that transition easier.

Sharon

aimsi review

It was hard to learn at first and I find my new employees have a bit more trouble with it than I like. Support is good but I have frustrations when CC processor and yourself throw the blame back on each other when resolving such problems. I think the separate module are a bit pricey unless you can catch a sale. And unfortunately I wish there was better online instruction to able to learn a new module. customer support is limits how much they show you in that area. I feel as though I utilize only about 50% of what aimsi can do just because there is no instruction of resource available online. And what's the point of the scheduling tab in reports when it doesn't give data even though the choices of reports are the same in the lesson tab and they work there. Customer service told me the tab doesn't work yet.

Avantages

customer contact capture and credit card processing .

Inconvénients

modules priced individually and that updates aren't discounted for current customers.

Brian

Publié le 18/02/2018

Over all, VERY happy. Best all in one POS for Firearms Retailers

All in one POS for firearms retailer with the best pricing that WIL NOT break your bank!!

Avantages

Lots to offer for the firearms retailer at eh best possible price compared to there competitors. We have been very happy with the system as a whole and although there is a lot to learn, support is just a call away. Having Bound Book linked right to your inventory is very helpful and there is even a delayed delivery choice in the POS for state like us in IL that require a waiting period for firearms purchases.

Inconvénients

There is a lot to learn and many items/field we don't use, but can not simply delete. We have to work around them. For being such a gun based POS system, there are things that could use improving to keep retailers compliant. But every time we make a suggestion to support, it is taken in kind and it the modification can be made, they do it!

Ron

Publié le 16/09/2022

Retail software

We started as a small company in 2004 using Quickbooks. Then I hired a developer to develop a product for retail, rental processing and inventory control. After a year and $50,000 later that failed. AIM was discovered and did everything that we needed. Those were bad times during all of this. Their software is greatness. the support is 100% perfection. These guys are obsessed with solving a problem and do take care of any needs.
There is a 60 day period that you will deal with using the software until you are proficient with it. After that you will be very happy. The option of a second web hosting company is a real downside and expensive.

Inconvénients

They are limited with only one web hosting company that is not good. This company is very expensive and a security liability.

Randy

Publié le 19/09/2022

AIM is the best fit!

The software has been just what we were needing for our sales and service business. The support has been fantastic as well over the years. Simply put top to bottom outstanding!

Avantages

There are many POS on the market today but not very many geared to our industry. It is flexible and customizable. It is so easy to use.

Inconvénients

There are very few things I like least because when we do , features can be implemented. I guess at this point I like least is we have no way to print a claim check when customers drop off their vacuum. That said I created a feature request that they are working on as I type this review.

• Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Publié le 16/11/2019

A Small Music Store's Best Friend

I used this software as a salesman at a local music store. It worked great to keep track of inventory (sales/ordering/receiving), salesman commissioning, time cards, and it made band rental season easy to manage.

Avantages

It's very easy to use for all point of sale needs including transacting sales, sales history, band rentals, gear rentals, powerful customer account features, ordering and receiving. We used it to track salesman commissions and it worked great for that as well.

Inconvénients

No real cons from a salesman/user perspective. It functioned to meet all of the needs of a small, local music store.

Del

Publié le 19/01/2017

Aimsi software for music stores

We've been using Aimsi software in our music store for about 10 years now, and we couldn't live without it. It has streamlined our accounts receivable immensley, and made many other facets of our business much easier.

Inconvénients

The hsitory search part of the service module has some limitations

Justin
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 07/09/2022

Great Software

Aim has been very helpful with helping manage my inventory better than I ever could with other simple solutions. I'm very happy that i decided to use Aim for my Store.

Avantages

The software is great with all the different features that it has and offers. I particulary like the reports function that allows me to generate my inventory, sold items, and sales tax reports.

Inconvénients

The system was very easy to setup and intigrate with. There's a lot of functions that the software offers. You certainly need to take a lot of time during the setup to learn about the functions.

Dan

Baums Music

I have been an AIM user since 2003 and overall I have been extremely pleased. I have been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he has been extremely helpful in my last issues.

Avantages

From POS to backroom accounting and inventory management the software integrates seamlessly. Also support is crucial and they have that covered well.

Inconvénients

Seems to need a lot of updates to fix issues.

Lance
3,5

Publié le 04/09/2014

One of the better POS programs available!

Avantages

The software has many facets which you can tailor to your company's needs. We have been using AIMsi for 11 years now and have watched the software grow into a powerful program that takes care of our inventory, accounting, A/R, A/P, and bank reconciliation.

Support at Tri-Tech has been phenomenal. We've had a few hiccups in the past with bugs or mistakes that an employee has made (which we couldn't fix ourselves). Tri-Tech support has been there to always walk us through the issue, and 98% of the time, we've been able to resolve our issues.

Inconvénients

There isn't much that we don't like about AIMsi, but we do wish that the check ledger was accessible in a manner like QuickBooks. The same goes for the bank reconciliation module. It doesn't make sense that in order to clear checks, the statement clearing date must always be the last day of the month in order for all the cleared and uncleared checks to show up together.

Tim

Publié le 05/09/2018

This software does everything

Avantages

It handles almost everything under one roof. This is nice because we don't have to purchase multiple POS systems and record keeping software.

Inconvénients

It can be a lot of steps to complete a task. Version 12 is supposed to be much easier though so I'm looking forward to it.

Jeff

Publié le 03/09/2022

Best bang for buck

I’m happy with the system. I looked at several that cost more and done less.

Avantages

Saves time on the Sale, interactive A&D book linked to sale.

Inconvénients

Manual updates to the system. That’s about it

Veronica
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

AIMsi for Consignment

We use the consignment, customer & inventory modules in AIMsi. Unfortunately we had to purchase the whole software package, instead of just the modules we needed (for example, we don't sell lessons but have that module anyways). This is a very complex software program. We have noticed that there are multiple steps involved for just about everything you want to do, and if it's not done in the right sequence then things can get messed up quickly - try deleting an item from inventory, you have to delete and save on one screen, then save on another screen, then delete again. This software is difficult to use for front end sales staff. The ReportWizard feature is of no help to us as it is extremely confusing to figure out how to build a report. Customer support sent us an excel spreadsheet that's supposed to help, but it's about 400 pages of formulas that we don't know anything about. We are generally dissatisfied with this software.

Avantages

The consignment module works well for tracking and paying consignors (if the consignment items are received correctly).

Inconvénients

The software is extremely complicated to use for users. It takes a lot of time to learn and skill to use/understand this software. There are too many modules and features that are no use to us.

Sheila
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 04/09/2014

AIMsi review from That Music Place

Avantages

Sales, inventory, accounting, rentals, and lessons are all in the same program. Popups for customer notes and inventory add-ons are extremely helpful. Messaging other users has improved our communication with each other.

Inconvénients

The lesson module needs improvements. There are too many steps to entering an absence and then a makeup lesson. The absence screen needs to be merged with the schedule screen. It could be easily done by adding columns to the schedule screen for an absence checkbox and the reason box. The program has a lot of errors that causes it to shut down. Using the the inventory update Min/Max is confusing, especially with seasonal inventory. Training on this would be helpful. The help instructions seem to need to be updated and aren't always helpful.

Réponse de N/A

We completely redesigned the lesson scheduling and billing module, and we set Sheila up as a beta tester. Our Support Manager also spoke with Sheila about the inventory min/max procedures.

Répondu le 16/09/2014