Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Neat

Neat's all-in-one small business accounting and bookkeeping software replaces the guesswork of spreadsheets, handwritten records, and manual invoices. Increase efficiency with real-time reporting, mobile receipt capture,...

En savoir plus

Classer par :
Utilisateur vérifié
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente en gros

Publié le 20/11/2018

EXCELLENT tool for a common paper hoarder!

Only scanner that I have used or will use due to how easy it is.

Avantages

The scanner that works with this software is easy to use and easy to install.

Inconvénients

Sometimes there are connection issues. Overall, it's workable

Réponse de Neat

Thank you for the positive review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the software and Scanner provided. Thank you for choosing Neat!

Répondu le 26/11/2018
Shimon
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 10/02/2017

Bad choice after bad choice from struggling company

The latest version of the desktop software from Neat (5.7) is not longer supported, so it's on the death row. Instead, it was replaced by much less potent cloud version. While I believe some may find cloud solution appealing, many small shops don't want to hear about cloud and were happy with desktop version. It allowed to categorize receipts, export into numerous software choices (excel is one of the most popular one, but quicken and quickbooks are there too) Now, that desktop version is no longer supported/developed, they left many customers in shocking state looking around for alternatives, like Fujitsu's SnapScan Receipts and Mariner Software's Paperless (both are excellent alternatives, by the way) It's a shame the company follows some internal misguidance instead of listening to the customers, but I guess this is how software business works these days. Everybody wants buzzword cloud.

Avantages

- Allows to categorize receipts and provide instant summary (e.g. Meals Receipts) of the amounts for the accountant.
- Distinguishes between documents, receipts and business cards
- Easy to use
- Stores everything in local database, which is easy to backup/restore (did it few times flawlessly)
- Naturally supports NeatReceipts scanner

Inconvénients

- Abandoned to much worse cloud solution
- Will stop working sooner or later
- Not supported any longer
- No new features are developed (e.g. templates for various business categories)
- Lack of support whatsoever in general
- Not many variety of scanners is supported. Very picky in their choice.

• Secteur d'activité : Design

Publié le 15/02/2021

Was great until then went to Cloud Only Option and Subscription Plans

I was a long time user of Neat for awhile. I bought the neat Desk Scanner for both my home and work office and used their software and eventually their cloud for several years. I liked the legacy software. It was easy to use, you could easily export entire folders, combine receipts/etc.

When they switched to Cloud only things became incredibly frustrating. Yes, the legacy software could still be used if you had it - but they wouldn't update it. I found using the Cloud platform incredibly limiting. Logging and upload receipts took extra steps and a lot longer. I wasn't able to easily combine receipts anymore. No way to bulk export receipts/folders. Even thoguh they claimed that their cloud software had all the features of the legacy software it didn't...and after a couple years of using it, it still didn't. Meanwhile, the prices kept hiking up, so I looked for another solution. Eventually, I switched to FileCenter DMS (I have been very happy with it), but to get everything off of Neat, I had to sync from the legacy software then export from there as the Cloud software could only export one file/receipt at a time (this, in my mind equates to holding your info hostage when they advertise plans for 1,000's of documents and it took awhile going back and forth with support for them to finally tell me how I can export more than one file at a time using their legacy software [obviously they don't want people to know this so it keeps them with their software]).

Avantages

It was a great way to add in receipts, keep track of them and generate reports for taxes.

Inconvénients

Really only valuable for receipts and contacts. Documents you can store, but they were as PDFs only - you can't store editable documents in it.

Réponse de Neat

Thank you for submitting review.
We greatly apologize for any inconvenience caused after the retirement of the Legacy software. We are glad that you were able to export your files and all issues were resolved with migrating your information. We are sad to see you go and hope that you come back to experience and all of our new features that we currently have and enjoy the fantastic features that are coming in the future.

Répondu le 16/02/2021

Les meilleures alternatives à Neat

Yvonne
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Publié le 19/07/2018

I like Neat Receipts -their customer service needs improvement. Very hard to get them on the...

I love the fact that i don't have any paper receipts all over my office.

Avantages

I can scan receipts easily. I can find a receipt when I need it. I record expenses easily. It gets rid of having paper receipts all around.

Inconvénients

Their customer service needs improvement. They are not easily available to help with technical support. I pay per month for cloud service and sometimes I need help

Réponse de Neat

We are sorry to hear that you had difficulties in reaching our technical support department. Our Tech support department is available M-F 9am . - 8pm eastern time. Please note that our automated system will attempt to look you up by telephone number first, so to make it easier to reach technical support please make sure you provide the telephone number that you registered with. We also offer support via email and chat.

Répondu le 23/07/2018
Amy

Publié le 02/12/2018

Great with some bugs

Avantages

I like that we have a scanner... and when it works it works well. It integrated with Box which allows me to upload files into my EHR from my computer or my iPad which is nice.

Inconvénients

The scanner works 70% of the time. The other 30% we have to shut it off then turn it back on. It’s irritating. Customer service hasn’t been much help.

Amy,
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review! We apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your scanner. When you do come across any issues using your scanner device, please reach out to out help center here - https://support.neat.com/

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed using the products for the amount of time that you have!
Thank you for choosing Neat!

Répondu le 03/12/2018
Karina
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

Publié le 15/11/2021

Would love to customize

Avantages

mildly easy to use - the new app taking the photo is slower than i would like - would prefer to click the photo as opposed to it taking it.

Inconvénients

I wish i could edit the categories - if there is a typo it automatically saves it. I would like to be able to edit the expense categories.

Thank you for submitting a review!
The Neat mobile app allows you to manually capture your photos now! All you have to do is toggle one and off the Auto Capture feature. You are able to edit the categories but unfortunately, deleting them is not an option in the mobile app. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Répondu le 18/11/2021
  • Secteur d'activité : Sécurité et enquêtes
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Publié le 06/06/2018

A hassle to use

It takes very clean scans of Documents, receipts, and ID cards and keeps them neatly organized. I really like being able to rearrange the order of my scans before saving.

Avantages

The scanning quality is great. It rarely gets paper jams. Being able to rearrange my scans after scanning is complete is a really nice feature.

Inconvénients

Needs constant updates, Having to log in after a 5 minute timeout, when I need to constantly scan all day is a real pain.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your review. We are working on changes to allow users to streamline their workflow. Stay tuned!

Répondu le 08/06/2018
Traci
  • Secteur d'activité : Photographie
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 28/04/2017

Bought for Digitizing at home

I have had this software for 13 months. I think its great, and it has done everything i wanted and more. There is a bit of a learning curve, and you should be really good at trouble shooting before giving up. I wish updates were more frequent and more updated each time. Overall, I will keep using Neat now that neat and i have an understanding and i know where its limits are.

Avantages

Its a very well-designed software with lots of potential.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it doesnt work. Sometimes i have to fight with it for days to finish a batch. Customer support is quick to blame me for the issues. I lost an entire months work (that was scanned and shredded, and is no longer visible in my neat files. The items are there, the scan is gone.). There seems to be a format gap that has yet to be resolved.

Utilisateur vérifié

Publié le 27/06/2018

Works well, but you cannot change the user

Avantages

It is great quality, makes the pdf's searchable and great to have it cloud based. Easy to organize and save documents based on what it scans.

Inconvénients

The desktop to website is slow and clunky. Also we messed up one letter on the email, stuck with it now, cant change it according to support.

Réponse de Neat

Thanks for the feedback! We understand the need to change the email, while this can be done, it would require the assistance of our technical support department as the sync is associated with your email address. If you are able to provide us with additional information regarding your recent interaction with one of our agents such as case number, or the incorrect email address we can have an agent reach out to provide assistance

Répondu le 29/06/2018
Michelle
  • Secteur d'activité : Services à la personne et aux familles

Publié le 19/09/2018

Very underwhelming

Avantages

The concept - the ability to scan in your receipts and have them all stored together and categorized neatly was very appealing.

Inconvénients

The actual functionality. Setting up the neat scanner was a nightmare. I kept getting errors and couldn't get logged in to my account. Once I did get it set up, my scanner only worked part of the time. I also found their online categorization and storage to be overall lacking in being user friendly.

Hi Michelle,

We're sorry to hear you had trouble setting up your scanner as well as finding the system to be less user friendly.

We'd be happy to assist in both resolving any technical issues with the scanner as well as help you get more familiar with using Neat.

You can reach our support team for technical assistance by calling 888-898-3253

In addition to FAQs and how-to articles at https://support.neat.com/
we also have a weekly webinar that may help in using Neat more efficiently and staying organized as it is designed to do.

Webinars are held every Thursday @ 1PM EST. You can sign up here to join an upcoming webinar.

If you¿re not able to join a live webinar you can schedule for a different week or view a previous webinar as they become available here.

For more details see our webinar FAQ:

Répondu le 02/11/2018
Ralph

Publié le 21/11/2021

More than pays for itself

Excellent

Avantages

In the age where most business is conducted through Credit Card transactions, it is vital to match charges to invoices. Often Neat has caught companies which charged us for merchandise however it never shipped. In addition, it helps filter out companies which have lousy accounting practices and try to double collect for invoices over one plus years. Just with those two scenarios alone, it more than pays for itself.

Inconvénients

The Scan to Neat has to be just a tad bit user-friendly.

Thank you for submitting a review!
We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using the Neat website! We greatly appreciate the kind words!

Répondu le 01/12/2021
Linda
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Publié le 01/10/2018

Neat Expense Tracking is a Plus

Once I understood how to use the software to improve my business and skills the overall experience was beneficial. Thus productivity increased and became a part of the operative agenda.

Avantages

What I like most about NEAT is that is assists you in reducing the amount of paper accumulated for business expense tracking. It is an easy way for small business owners to vamp into using technology to organize expenses, files and anything that needs to be archived.

Inconvénients

What I like least about the software is that I found the instructions hard to understand. As a product producer you have to be mindful that most business owners who use the software may have no other technology except a point of sale system. When you assume that the customer knows then you setting the customer up to be intimated and lose interest.

Réponse de Neat

Linda, thank you for your very valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was difficulty in understanding the product when you first began. We welcome any additional feedback you may have in how to improve a customers onboarding experience

Répondu le 03/10/2018
Evelyn
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction

Publié le 08/10/2019

Best Scanning Software

Really saves time instead of me flipping through papers in boxes with a click of a button I can backtrack any documents I may need. Keeps me

Avantages

What I enjoy most about this software is that I can log on to my account and I can go searching for any documents that I scanned previously. Keeps me very neat !!

Inconvénients

The only cons of this software are that everything is cloud-based since they discontinue the old software.

Thank you for submitting a review!
We really appreciate the feedback and are happy that you are staying Neat! Saving time and keeping our customers organize is what we strive to do!

Répondu le 10/10/2019
Richard H
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Publié le 08/06/2018

The ability to rename columns and split/divide receipt amounts in EXCEL format is not...

Permanent data base without having to save paper receipts. Easy to use an smart phones.

Avantages

Ability to capture receipts in real time using smart phones. Ability to have a record of all receipts easily generated.

Inconvénients

It goes off for no apparent reason. The software stops and closes unexpectedly, for no apparent reason.

Hi Richard,

We appreciate the review - Neat will be re-adding a slew of convenient features to our cloud-powered application in the coming months. Stay tuned!

Répondu le 18/06/2018
Alice

Publié le 25/07/2009

Neat Receipts for road travelers

I can't say enough good things about NeatReceipts...I use it daily to keep organized.

Avantages

We travel fulltime, and must retains all expense receipts. We are able to scan every receipt for tax purposes, create a tax report as soon as W-2 is available, and have taxes prepared in record time! No longer have to save files and boxes of receipts or important papers. Everything is scanned and available for ready access when needed by file folder or even just a key word search. Great for when proof of purchase date or amount is needed.

Photos are scanned, saved, & protected forever; even artwork by grandchildren! Faxes received through the computer are easy to view and save without ever having to print, thus no need to use paper...they can even be forwarded by email.
I also use the document feature for my drawings that needs to be emailed to people for immediate viewing, and am able to create PDF images in seconds.When a copier is not readily available, I just scan a document so it can printed out later.

I could go on and on....this is my very favorite tool (after my iPhone).

Inconvénients

I'd like the business card scanner to be compatible with Outlook's contacts. If it's available now, I don't how to use that feature.

Patrick
  • Secteur d'activité : Photographie

Publié le 30/12/2019

So glad I bought the bigger scanner.

Neat is a very important software for my photo studio. I can discard virtually all of my receipts now - the IRS recognizes Neat records as sufficient. I can easily find and review previous orders for comparison or reference. Although most supplier websites are getting very good about providing access to previous orders, etc., I still use Neat regularly rather than opening the web browser and finding the supplier.

Avantages

Neat allows me to easily scan all of my receipts and offers sorting options. The product also lets me scan customers' hand printed order forms allowing me to return the forms with the photos or discard - but I still have all of the important contact information

Inconvénients

My biggest complaint is speed when loading and searching. Also, the home page could be better organized or even customizable.

Thank you for submitting a review!
We are happy to hear that you are enjoying all that Neat has to offer. From your review, it seems that you are using the Legacy software which is now retired and will no longer have any updates. We do suggest moving to the cloud based software as it does solve any issues that you could be experiencing with the desktop software.
Thank you so much for staying Neat with us!

Répondu le 06/01/2020
Crystal
  • Secteur d'activité : Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement

Publié le 19/04/2017

Awesome tool for the office

This tool works reat with Quickbooks and helps to effectively track all receipts and properly classify the expenses

Avantages

Reads receipts easily and it is compatible with Quickbooks which fulfills the needs of the office effectively

Inconvénients

I only purchased the mobile scanner due to space issues but would love to get the larger version later on

fred
  • Secteur d'activité : Services à la personne et aux familles

Publié le 18/04/2017

Neat is neat

I have used Neat for a year now and it has simplified my record keeping and tax preparation.
No more magnetically imprinted receipts I can't read a few days later..I scan them at the table! I finish the tax info later.
Tax summaries a a few clicks and your ready for your CPA or do it yourself.
This would have saved my money and time if I had known about it years ago.
My suggestion, don't wait another day. Get it.

Easy and convenient

Teresa

Publié le 19/04/2017

Neat scanner is so NEAT!

I love it so much talked my son in law to get my daughter one as well
You create your folders scan it in keeps a running total. Use for business and personal use. I know how it got its name. It is so NEAT

Avantages

Mutiable folders scans to documentd easy to use live it

Inconvénients

Doesn't remover password wish I could just get started without signing in so many times

Allison
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail

Publié le 24/04/2017

Using neat has been very easy and convenient for organizing digital files, as well as being able to easily send them out in a variety of formats. It has saved time, money, effort, and a lot of frustration.

Easy to use.

Inconvénients

Sometimes it needs to be closed and reopened

• Secteur d'activité : Transport routier/ferroviaire

Publié le 18/04/2017

Great for a mobile business

I use it all the time to track my receipts some times dozens at a time on a daily bases. It saves me a mountain of paperwork at the end of the month

shuinae
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 10/11/2021

Software must have!

Scanning receipts and keeping track of where your budget is being spent is very important to any business.
Having the Neat software has made my accounting less stressful. So I can focus on being the better at my profession.

Avantages

The features to use were very easy to understand.

Inconvénients

There was nothing to dislike about using the Neat software!

Thank you for submitting a review!
We greatly appreciate that you are using the software with ease! We appreciate you staying Neat with us!

Répondu le 18/11/2021
kos
  • Secteur d'activité : Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique

Publié le 04/05/2017

very bad customer support

easy to use

Avantages

ease of use for every person in office, fast find , but customer service is very very very bad, no phone number to call

l

• Secteur d'activité : Construction
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 13/10/2020

Limited File Size Capabilities

Overall I would say using the NEAT software was a frustrating experience. I would scan and upload a simple document and it would would be over 25 mb. The software didn't allow you to control the resolution of the scan. I gave up on this software after 2 years and moved on to something more user friendly.

Avantages

The thing I liked most about this software is that it saved directly as a PDF so I could easily attach what I scanned into my files.

Inconvénients

The thing I liked least about this software was the fact that the file sizes were so large when it saved that I couldn't upload them into any other applications. Apparently NEAT has come out with updates recently but I gave up and tried a new software.

Réponse de Neat

Thank you for submitting a review.
We greatly apologize for the inconvenience that was caused with the large file size of items. Since then, our developers are working on a resolution to that issue. We are sad to see you go and hope that you will return in the future to take advantage of all of our new and exciting features.

Répondu le 19/10/2020
Jonathan
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 14/03/2018

I think Neat is overrated.

It can be helpful in organizing credit card receipts.

Avantages

The scanners scan very fast and the text recognition software is a novel idea. It also makes very fast PSF's

Inconvénients

I think the software is way too expensive, and the text recognition is hit and miss enough that you still need to go through and verify that things have been converted correctly.

Réponse de Neat

Thank you for commenting, Jonathan. Neat's development and support teams are constantly working to improve our products and services, and we depend on feedback such as yours to help propel us forward. Please get in touch with us if you ever need any assistance.

Répondu le 15/03/2018