Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur DigitalChalk

DigitalChalk is a cloud-based learning management solution for small and midsize businesses. Primary features include e-learning, customizable course content, content library, track progress, reward and real-time analytics. Othe...

En savoir plus

97 avis sur 97
Classer par :
Craig

Publié le 06/05/2014

Excellent product and very easy to use

I've been using the DigitalChalk system extensively to produce online training, and I personally believe that it is the best learning management system available right now. The development team is constantly adding new features and their customer communication is clear and frequent.

- DigitalChalk basically covers everything one needs in order to produce online training and deliver it to an audience. A fully customizable, branded course catalog and shopping cart come standard, and it can blend smoothly into an existing website.

- The course editing GUI is intuitive and fairly easy to get the hang of when creating a new curriculum. All media uploads are optimized automatically, similar to how Youtube creates multiple resolutions for a single video. Students or trainees with slow internet connections will still be able to participate satisfactorily, while others with fast connections can enjoy higher definition.

- eCommerce and gradebook tracking reports are *phenomenal*, and probably the most useful (to me, anyways) part of the system. It is very easy to set up affiliate marketing links to track how effectively your courses are being advertised by other organizations.

- The only thing I would recommend is that DC eventually adopts a closed-captioning system. Youtube has an automatic one that doesn't work well at this point, and I know the technology is still in its early stages. Using third-party software, I have to manually insert captioning into my videos intended to be accessible for students who may have difficulty hearing.

At first, DigitalChalk is simple and straightforward. One can begin creating courses right away. As I gained more experience creating courses, it surprised me with the large amount of useful options and deep features it offered. Overall, it has been a very satisfying experience.

For those who are not tech or computer-savvy, or don't have the extra time, staff, or resources to devote themselves to creating and managing online training, I would still recommend using DigitalChalk. I would definitely call their customer support for guidance, or find an organization like mine that can personally guide you through the process and manage it appropriately.

Stephanie
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion de l'enseignement

Publié le 28/07/2017

Amazing customer service-easy to use

My students can easily register and pay for a class all in one spot.

Avantages

Digital Chalk is an easy to use combined LMS/ SIS. It has features that I find superior to the biggest competitor, specifically the gradebook and connected payment system.

I also find the customer service to be beyond compare. I have often needed assistance and Digital Chalk staff reply swiftly and are very helpful.

Inconvénients

The main thing I would add is a built in discussion forum are for courses. There is pay-to-play feature, but there are free options one can link into the course. (I use Piazza.)

While the fees are not exorbitant, they have grown significantly in the years I've been using Digital Chalk. I hope they are not going to rise any more.

Avi

Publié le 19/03/2015

DigitalChalk shines with their customer support

Digitalchalk support team is truly stellar. They have always offered prompt and helpful responses to my numerous queries. And they speak like real humans. You do not feel like you are interacting with a disembodied company.

There software works well for what it does, offering numerous options. Quite feature rich for the price you pay. Their per transaction fees are low, so you get to keep more of your sale price. We have some wishlist items about the Shopping Cart experience (login is required, so the first thing customer sees is a login screen instead of a shopping catalog). Some other features we wold love to see: play videos at faster speed (1.5x 2x Youtube and Udacity allow the same). But overall we are fairly happy with the software and the online experience.

They show online video at 720p HD @2200 kbps which is awesome and our users love that. Works fine almost all the time. Extremely rare for a user to complain about slow playback or other issues. Most of those are resolved quickly by the amazing support staff.

Les meilleures alternatives à DigitalChalk

Tom
  • Secteur d'activité : E-learning
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés

Publié le 22/06/2017

My experience with Digital Chalk has been awesome.

Digital Chalk was very easy to use out of the box, and we were up and running in a matter of days. It has allowed us to provide online training to our volunteers in a very user-friendly manner.

Avantages

Digital Chalk is amazingly easy to use for the trainees, as well as the administrator right out of the box. The interface is very clean and appealing. It has all of the basics you would need in an LMS. The customer support is also amazing. I always get replies to questions from them in a matter of minutes.

Inconvénients

It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that some other LMSs have, but it also doesn't cost what those other LMSs cost. For example, course versioning and auto-reassignment of updated courses would be nice.

Stephen
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

Publié le 29/02/2020

Easy to Use & Execute

Great experience, highly recommended.

Avantages

I liked the ease of use, the fact that I could build the program out myself. There is a learning curve, but I did it all myself with no background in IT.

Inconvénients

I wish there was a couple unique features that I want for my specific company, but not the end of the world.

Réponse de Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Stephen, thanks for your great review! We're glad you find our platform easy to use. If there's any way you think we can make the learning curve lower, please don't hesitate to let us know at [email protected]

Répondu le 01/04/2020
  • Secteur d'activité : Construction
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 27/10/2016

Excellent platform for online learning

We launched online learning across our UK business earlier this year and i am extremely pleased with it. Having launched e-learning in other companies; this is by far the best one i have managed and the range of functions is excellent. I would highly recommend Digital Chalk and my solution of internally creating SCORM and using the digital chalk platform is substantially cheaper than many other options on the market. I also think the fact the pricing structure is based on active users and published freely on the internet is a big plus as many of the competitors hide the prices for individual negotiation.

Avantages

Flexibility in pricing, ease of use, various functions available. Tech support is impressive.

Inconvénients

Areas of improvement would be to allow better managing of classroom (offline and non webinar) training courses. Also to use images within quiz questions without the need to link to external images.

Réponse de Infinity Learning Solutions

Thank you Andrew! We're so happy that you are enjoying your DigitalChalk experience! We will be adding the ability to upload an image directly to a question in a future release. For classroom training, we would love to get your thoughts on what would make this area of our system more effective for your organization. One of our team members will be reaching out. Thanks!

The DigitalChalk Team

Répondu le 27/10/2016
Carla

Publié le 18/06/2010

Digital Chalk is the best system I've found for e-learning.

Overall, I loved this product. They contacted me to set up a webinar to make sure I felt comfortable using it, and they conducted a second webinar for two other people in the organization to teach them how to use it. The support has been fabulous. The only way you'll get what you need out of an LMS is to be comfortable with using it, and this company has a huge commitment to support.

Avantages

I was asked to find an LMS for our state association, Texas Assn of Convention & Visitors Bureaus. They offer a lot of learning at their conventions but wanted a way to deliver it via the web. I researched a lot of systems out there, and Digitalchalk offered a free version that allowed me to get used to the system, learn how to use it, and see how powerful it was. I uploaded a video and PowerPoint that I created to test it out, and I was up and running. It was easy to add tests and other features. Bottom line, TACVB loves the system and will be building a set of courses using this software.

Inconvénients

With any of these systems, you have a hurdle of having to figure out how you will create a professional quality video of the presentation. There is the option of not having a video cued to the PowerPoint, (e.g. using just audio instead) but that is not going to "sell" the e-learning for our organization. So you have to figure out a way to professionally videotape your speakers.

However, that is a challenge with any of the systems.

Cole

Publié le 09/05/2014

DigitalChalk-- a major cut above the others

I have been with these folks for a couple of years. I recall the initial demo and committing about $400 to the cause for initial set-up. I played with the program for months, but for whatever reason, couldn't focus on completing a project.

There is now a lot of competition in this space-- really a lot-- and at the detriment of Digitalchalk, I have flirted with each one. All have their pros and cons, but I've come home to DC....

Pros- Simple user interface that guides you through the process of publishing a course
- $399 is an absolute bargain for a one time set up fee
- The pay as you you is attractive...meaning you pay for course delivery fees-- and they collect the tuition fees on your behalf.
- Delivery of a course is as low as $4.95- If you charge $19.95 for the course, do the math!

Cons-- It's not all wonderful.
-- To use PowerPoint slides, you must convert them to .JPEGs. This means you lose the animations and transitions of your original presentation.
-- I find the program line of "in and out" of the previously mentioned slides a bit confusing
-- Your catalog of courses (i.e. offerings) is somewhat bland. Other providers put significant pizzazz in your brand and online presentation. However, they charge you for this web design... DC does not.

Hi Cole,

We are glad you are pleased with our platform! We've recently added a built-in PPT converter to the platform - that means you can upload your original PPT file without loosing any animations or transitions. Hopefully you'll find this tool useful. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]

- The DigitalChalk Team

Répondu le 05/01/2015

Publié le 07/06/2010

DigitalChalk Systems

DigitalChalk is light years ahead of any other educational content development, deployment, and delivery system on the market today. Einstein is truly amazing in its intuitive, user-friendly system for creating and delivering courses for students at any level. It's pure genius.

Our experiences with the DigitalChalk team have been very gratifying because of their attention to details and to customer satisfaction. Their ability to respond to customer needs with accurate solutions is second to none in the technology industry.

We have had nothing but positive feedback from our students around the globe--from China, to India, to South Africa, to Europe, to the Caribbean--who are performing at a high level and actually enjoying their college education experience as a direct result of the DigitalChalk system and its application to our academic programs.

We have no hestiation in recommending DigitalChalk as the best and most dependable system for online educational excellence.

Avantages

Creating educational content with DigitalChalk is so easy that it's too easy!

Dependability of DigitalChalk delivery to students ensures the fact that student complaints are virtually non-existent.

Creating and administering online assessments are simple and intuitive. Integrity and security of the assessment system is excellent.

Inconvénients

We have found very little in the DigitalChalk system that is problematic, and even those things were solved in a prompt and satisfactory manner.

Kimberly

Publié le 16/07/2018

User-friendly lms with outstanding customer service and technical support.

Avantages

Exceptional technical support team. Can upload multiple users at one time. Can assign a course tag to a user instead of directly registering for course.

Inconvénients

Can only assign one "course tag" per user. It would be helpful to be able to organize/save courses into different/separate group lists.

Suzannah

Publié le 29/06/2010

Thank you Digital Chalk!

Over the years Ive spent thousands of dollars creating my own online learning platform. When it came time to upgrade I wrote the specs for my programmer. Again I was reluctantly facing several thousand dollars to do the necessary upgrade. Thankfully I did one last search before I gave him approval. Thats when I found Digital Chalk. I was so impressed by user friendly details of their program as well as the professional service they offered through the demo. Needless to say, I have put a stop on my new program and am converting my course to Digital Chalk. Thank you Digital Chalk for helping make my life easier and especially saving my so much money. Now I can focus on my content without worrying about the expense and headache of programming.

Avantages

Digital Chalk is extremely user friendly and allows for many different learning platforms. The administrative features make if easy for the instructor to design a course and keep in touch with students in a manner they choose.
It's also very affordable. No extra programming fees!

Inconvénients

I have seen no problems with Digital Chalk.

Shawn

Publié le 20/09/2011

Easy and Feature Rich Online Training!!

Overall DigitalChalk is a great, easy to use product with a great team behind the scenes making for a complete online training solution.

Avantages

DigitalChalk is easy to use and implement. It has most all the necessary features needed to deliver quality online training all for a very competitiveness and easy to understand pricing structure. Customer support is always there to answer any questions no matter how minute or difficult they may be. They are constantly adding features to the product to enhance not only the user experience but as well the administrator experience.

Inconvénients

No option to have a manager account for group signups. A manager account could have access to their employees gradebooks to check on status of their training.

Réponse de Infinity Learning Solutions

Thanks for the fantastic view Shawn! Just so you know, we recently added a Facilitator role to the system. If you setup a unique course offering for a group, you can create a facilitator that has the gradebook access you mention in your review.

Répondu le 20/09/2011
Matt
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 16/07/2018

DigitalChalk has been an excellent turnkey solution for our organization in delivering content.

Ability to deliver a course with an investment corresponding to the relative size of online education within our organization's overall mission.

Avantages

The chalkboard combination of video with slides is ingenious and easy to use without SCORM content creation software. It's very easy to produce quality course content without a lot of training investment and to deliver it without a lot of administrative support for the end user.

Inconvénients

The test component of courses is somewhat limited, in terms of offering multiple attempts, innovative item types, multimedia, or even answer string reports to diagnose poor functioning questions.

Martha

Publié le 26/09/2011

Real Estate Online Course

DigitalChalk offered the perfect solution to take my live seminar and produce it for online delivery. The multiple components (video, slides, exams, checkpoints, etc.) have repeatedly earned praise from educators, evaluators and students. The course was ARELLO accredited with praise for the interactivity. The DigitalChalk support team helped me throughout the course design and with updates. I cannot recommend Digital Chalk highly enough for delivery of online courses.

Avantages

Ease of use - uploading video and slides, programming - all very intuitive
Ease of Implementation
Perfect for our needs - registration and payment handled through Digital Chalk, we receive monthly payments
Cost Effectiveness - low start up and reasonable per use fee
VERY Rich!
Excellent Customer Support
Innovative - frequent introduction of new elements to enhance the product

Inconvénients

None. If I have a "want" they listen and work on it.

Denise
  • Secteur d'activité : Formation professionnelle et coaching
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 21/06/2017

Using this software to create our first online training program

this has enabled our clients to receive the same content as our in-house classes, more attendees and more revenue

Avantages

The software is great and easy to use, but the customer support is what really puts it over the edge. Very responsive and helpful!

Inconvénients

Any con I've come across they've supported and taken to their development or support team. It could be more convenient to upload keynote slides directly rather than formatting to jpgs first only bc we change slides frequently

Publié le 07/05/2014

WorkLife Resources and Digital Chalk

We have used this LMS for years now, probably six or seven, and have our own courses on it and we are now producing courses for others. The system is very flexible and allows us to create courses in the way that we want to do it. We don't have to compromise due to system limits. The cost is reasonable. The technical support has always been there, although we haven't needed it very much. We haven't heard from any of our course users in years that they have had any difficulties accessing the course contents. Our evaluations of the delivery aspects of the courses have always been very positive. The administrative functions of the LMS are very attractive to the organizations we are helping to produce courses.

Ken

Publié le 20/07/2012

Spectacular authoring environment for eLearning

The best overall eLearning enterprise solution out there

Avantages

Easy to get started with
Very supportive company (training, instant help)
Very reasonably priced
Pricing model couldn't be better
Support for tablets, PCs, and Macs
Great course/student administration features

Inconvénients

Could be an easier, more integrated way to include demo videos (but I've found an easy workaround)
Actually,there are no negatives

Réponse de Infinity Learning Solutions

Thanks for the review! There are many ways you can include demo videos or any video recording within our system. You can easily upload a video within a chalkboard or create a SCORM file. We hope you are enjoying DigitalChalk!

Répondu le 17/10/2013
Joshua

Publié le 24/06/2010

Wonderful Software

I recommend this product to anybody who has trainings that need to be published through out the internet. The internet is the best 24/7 sales person and DigitalChalk has made it possible for me to sale trainings any time, day or night.

Avantages

This software provides ease of use. It allows me the flexibility to develop content the way I envision it to be. The E-Commerce shopping cart is a great function to the site I didn't have to apply for any merchant accounts to accept credit cards and I pay no monthly fees. What a great deal!

Inconvénients

For my business model it fits perfectly so I do not have any negatives at all.

Alberto
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 24/10/2017

Universes better than our previous LMS

Avantages

The process of maintaining control over our files and client troubleshooting is easy with Digital Chalk.

Inconvénients

Unfortunately, APIs for connecting to in-house order system have not been available and we have to manually transfer orders from DC to our order processing software.

Kristen

Publié le 26/05/2010

Digital Chalk is amazing

I am very impressed with Digitalchalk as a whole. We had our online courses up in running within a week of starting our account. If I had the courses written ahead of time we could have had them up and running the same day we started our account. The user guide is very comprehensive and it took no time for me to set up a course on my own with very little help needed. We have received rave reviews from our students about how user friendly the system is. Kudos to Digitalchalk for producing a great product!

User Friendly!
Support Team is top notch!

Inconvénients

I have not found any as of yet!

J. Martin

Publié le 11/06/2013

Cost-effective way to get your courses online

DigitalChalk is a turnkey learning management system platform (LMS) that's ideal for getting your courses online quickly.

Avantages

No coding experience necessary...you control all of your own course material, what courses you offer at what price points...and there are an array of special functions like customizing certificates, having the system auto-grade exams...cool features.

Inconvénients

None that I've found so far.

Ken

Publié le 06/01/2015

You too can create your own Lynda.com education eLearning center

I have been a DigitalChalk user for some time and I have turned into an evangelist telling others about how easy their solution is to construct on-demand elLearning courses. Their cloud-based solution makes it easy to upload content, manage users, and handling course payments. From the user's side, setting up an account and viewing the courseware material really works well.

I can't recommend these guys enough.

Greg

Publié le 09/06/2010

We love DigitalChalk!

I would wholeheartedly recommend DigitalChalk to both educators and students.

Avantages

DigitalChalk offers trainers and educators a very easy way to combine video and other content easily on the web for a complete educational experience. But even more, DigitalChalk makes things easy for the student taking the course.

Inconvénients

I love DigitalChalk and really have no negative things to say.

Thomas

Publié le 16/01/2015

Great product, price and service.

DigitalChalk provides a very good product at a great price. Also, their customer service has always been very responsive - which is critical if you have issues that impact your students.

Also, they continually improve and add new features to their platform. This is very important.

I hope DigitalChalk continues its high level of service for years to come.

Darla

Publié le 20/05/2014

Digital Chalk for my business online course

Great features and easy to use. Very customer friendly. I would like to see an option to upload a powerpoint that already has audio to it. I would also like to see a "file cabinet" feature where I could drop forms for students to download. It would be nice if you had a way to help me get to various customers but I know that's asking too much :)

97 avis