Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur PHP Point of Sale

PHP POS is a hybrid point of sale (POS) solution that helps small and startup retail businesses across various industries to manage their day to day business operations, interact with customers and process financial transactions. ...

En savoir plus

Évaluations des fonctionnalités

Parcourir les avis sur PHP Point of Sale

338 avis sur 338
Classer par :
Bryan

Publié le 17/04/2018

I have been using PHP Point of Sale for over 3 years now. I am very happy with the value and...

Avantages

Great support, if you have an issue they will take care of you. It is so comforting to know that there is a real person that will help you out when you are in a jam. They are also innovating, they don't rest on there past performance. I always see new features that I am happy they have added.

Inconvénients

I am very happy with it. However, if I had to chose something it would be better accounting for a whole business picture of your performance.

Bob

Publié le 19/11/2020

A lot of value for the price

We used a fairly old, desktop-based POS for years. When web-based POS's started coming out, it seemed that they offered some significant advantages - though our first try with one (Hike POS) was an utter failure, based on what was promised with it. PHP POS worked great right from the start. The features they promoted all worked great - in fact, the biggest challenge was in determining how to utilize it's full potential. We've used both the downloaded and hosted version of it, which are virtually identical. We've used it on Windows pc's, ipads, and android devices. As mentioned, they offer exceptional support, including a robust feature request/implementation feature. They don't seem to pursue the same level of marketing as other POS systems, which I'm guessing would account for why they charge only about half the price of similar setups. We're all extremely happy with it.

Avantages

There are an incredible number of ways to customize the software, and the range of capabilities is equal to POS software that's far more expensive. On top of that, there's support that surpasses pretty much any other software I've ever used.

Inconvénients

I'd kind of like to see certain reports that aren't readily available, but that's an awfully minor issue.

Pourquoi choisir PHP Point of Sale

They promoted "seamless integration" with financial software, which never ended up working. There were features that were apparently little used - so flaws that had been overlooked. Reports were inconsistent in accuracy. Support was available, but only with staff that had only a general knowledge of operation - issues had to be thoroughly documented and repeatedly brought up for anything to get to tech-level staff. We had to abandon it about half-way through a one-year subscriptions

Pourquoi passer à PHP Point of Sale

I wanted one that could be used on a pc as well as ipad, one that had specific functions (e.g., inventory control), and one that was reasonably priced. Square and Shopify have certain advantages in that they also offer e-commerce, but they price one or the other (POS or e-commerce site) unreasonably - at least for us. PHP POS was by far the most feature-rich for the price.
Mari

Publié le 25/04/2018

A descent tool for small businesses

Avantages

We use PHP POS as a costing tool for our ecommerce website which it does fairly well especially for creating product bundles. Relatively easy to use.

Inconvénients

Does a poor job of inventory management when using product bundles, e.g. it doesn't adjust the inventory of the individual products in a bundle. The new price is rather steep.

Les meilleures alternatives à PHP Point of Sale

Eduardo
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Publié le 27/02/2021

We loved it until we developed our own

Great. We loved the easy to use, easy to deploy and syncing features. It syncs to your woocommerce store.

Avantages

It is easy to use. It is easy to understand for people who are not used to POS systems. We were able to train new employees on how to use it very quickly. The fact that you can connect several stores online was great.

Inconvénients

Out of nowhere the team behind it decided to make it close source and forcing you to switch to their online SAS option. That didn't work well for us since we have poor internet connection in some of our stores. Therefore we had to develop our own software. The team behind PHP point of sale have since retracted their efforts to make it close source, but it was too late for us; we moved on.

Alternatives envisagées

Mad Mobile Restaurant POS et Square Point of Sale

Pourquoi passer à PHP Point of Sale

Opensource nature. It's syncing capabilities.

Réponse de PHP Point Of Sale

Hi,

Thank you for the review. You are correct that we removed download version and brought it back. We still recommend cloud for most people now that we have offline mode.

We are sorry to lose you as a customer but we still have download and offline mode

Répondu le 02/03/2021
Brittany

Publié le 13/06/2022

Love this product!

This product has immensely helped my business, helping it run smooth

Avantages

We started a new business with this software and loved it, the setup process was simple and we never have any issues, keeps the store running smoothly

Inconvénients

I honestly don’t have anything I dislike, we really enjoy this software

Alternatives envisagées

Publié le 14/06/2022

Very satisfied with PHP

Easy to use as a POS.

Avantages

Very thoroughly thought out product and does what we need a POS to do.

Inconvénients

A few options not available, but will be addressed.

Roger
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 13/12/2021

Outstanding service

Migration was a breeze, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is right on top of things! Learning curve was very minimal and easy to adapt!

Avantages

Outstanding local (USA) customer service, migration was very painless and took little to no time! the lay out is neat and easy to navigate. Issues are addressed promptly and effectivly.

Inconvénients

Sometimes if correct wording for repairs isn't used it has a hard time finding them. Can't obtain a work order authorization signature and no before and after function check lists.

Matthew

Publié le 31/05/2022

Very flexible and easy to extend

Overall, we are extremely happy with PHP Point Of Sale. We've invested a lot of time in customizing it for our specific needs. I don't think we would've been able to integrate it so tightly with our other systems if we had gone with another POS system. It has also been extremely reliable.

Avantages

The built-in API and the ability to extend the system with your own PHP code are the features that set this apart from other POS systems. We have modified our system extensively, which would not have been possible with other software. Technical support was outstanding, even when we were adding completely new features. The developer was very open with sharing information and tips. Probably the best technical support I have ever received with a software package. Also, the ability to host the software on our own on-premises server was important.

Inconvénients

We found some of the features to be a little confusing and unintuitive, but once you understand how they work it all makes perfect sense. Like anything, there is a learning curve.

Twila

Publié le 01/06/2022

Inexpensive and User Friendly

Before switching to PHP, most of my experience with POS systems were on the bookstore side, meaning that managing detailed inventory is a high priority, and I was skeptical that I could find a less expensive system that would allow me to do what I needed to for my diverse inventory. The system was easy to install, setup and learn. The customer service has been outstanding. They take the time to work through any issue(s) whether through instruction or logging on to help directly. PHP is a perfect fit for me and my store!

Avantages

This is one of the most user friendly POS systems that I've used. There is a common sense approach with the applications, which makes it easy to train employees and quickly learn any updates that are added.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the set up for credit cards and other applications can be overwhelming; however, as soon as I reached out to customer service, I had help and was able to accomplish whatever task or tasks that needed fixed/completed.

Publié le 31/05/2022

The most easy POS system for SMB-businesses

Avantages

What I like the most in PHP POS is the easiness usage. The UI is super intuitive, an optimized for touch screens. Also the deployment is really straight forward.

Inconvénients

The expenses module is not usefull. Can´t get when I would use it.

Wilfred
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Publié le 08/11/2016

Great piece of POS software!

We have used this software since Day 1 of our company InfinityMeals. I'm a PHP techy but my associates who are not so IT inclined were also able to use it easily.

We use it in our restaurant to punch in orders and track our inventory and generates sales reports for analysis of products purchased.

We wish there are extra features like further customization to the receipt to reduce the length of receipt printed. Printing out a kitchen copy. Store a sale, associate it to a table number to be retrieved later for final payment.

Another huge feature would be to calculate the sales for the date and equate it to the amount of raw ingredients that has been used for proper inventory. Wishful thinking.

Another feature would be to customize an order like. Order combo 1 with a sandwich and a salad with a particular drink and it would automatically list it on the receipt and the deduct it from the inventory.

Other features for centralized server.
Having a central server that retrieves sales information from multiple branches and consolidates it into once server.

Having an offline mode then reconcile the sales to the central server for general reporting.

An API so we can develop our own interfaces and use premade functions in PHPPOS

Once those features are incorporated then I would totally pay for the extra features and mark it a straight 5/5.

Thank you so much for the software and looking forward to grow with it as much as possible.

Simplicity
Ease of use
Great User Interface
Straight forward functionality

Rapid updates. :)

Chad
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

Great Affordable and Easy POS

We've been using PHP POS for about 3-4 years now and love it. It was reasonably priced and it had all the functions and features we needed. Have never had any problems with it and even when we upgraded to Windows 10 they're tech support was quick with a fix and we were up and running again within a day. Hope to keep using PHP POS for many more years.

Avantages

Price for what you get, good support. Reliabble software.

Inconvénients

Would like more customization of fields (chance names and be able to delete extra fields we don't need when adding items...) We use it as for our consignment shop for artists, so it works but if we could customize it, it would make it even easier for volunteers to use too.

Willow

Publié le 08/11/2016

After 3 years this POS software still makes my life so much easier.

I started with PHPPOS about 3 years ago when I opened an art supply store. With thousands of sku's to track I needed an easy platform to use. I found PHPPOS online and gave it a try. It is incredibly easy to use both in function and design. I haven't needed help often but when I have the support has been lightspeed fast. I chose to download and use the software on a local server as I do not want to be at the whim of my internet connection. The cost of upgrading to a newer version is so small that it is worth it. The latest version has so much more that you can do with stats. which I am really getting a lot out of. There could always be more but I am super happy with how much value and ease this has brought to my business.
Willow Friday
Iron Oxide Art Supplies
Nanaimo Canada
www.ironoxideartsupplies.com

Avantages

It is easy to use, reliable, aesthetic and intuitive.

Inconvénients

There are a few things that could allow me to be more efficient when using it for example, if I could choose what line the screen landed on after adding a product. Or if I could choose which lines were mandatory or not to fill out when adding products.

Mitz

Publié le 14/12/2016

Hard to beat PHPPOS

Trying to convey away from the traditional Point of Sale system, we decided to test PHP Point of Sale. We were very impressed from the moment we started using it. Compared to the many different software we tried, we found PHP POS to have the best user interface. It is perfectly laid out, making the workflow very easy to understand. We also found PHP POS to be the fastest most responsive out there. Carrying out transfers and sales was very easy and logically delivered in the system. PHP POS also gave us the necessary reports for our staff. One of the things we liked the most about PHP POS was the ability to have it installed on our servers. None of the web-based software we tried allowed us to do that. When it came to customer support, PHP POS would answer our questions in a matter of minutes. The developers are also always on top of customers recommendations as we posted a few requests and they were added in the subsequent version. The only thing that PHP POS fell short for us was in its ability to add GL accounts to complement with a Financial software. Other than that, PHP POS is the best one out there. It can quite well adapt to many different applications in the retail industry.

Avantages

Everything. It is very well built software.

Inconvénients

It does not have the ability to add GL accounts

Charlie

Publié le 17/04/2018

Great tool for the price. It streamlined the worst bottleneck at the shop.

It streamlined customer checkout by allowing us to open a second (or third) register during busy times. For event days, we grabbed a deposit bag and a smartphone or tablet to take care of registration while the main desk remained our standard cash register setup. It saved a lot of time and confusion.

Avantages

PHP POS is easy to use once the initial setup is done. I could train someone to use it in a matter of minutes, as opposed to a couple of hours on our old system. It also allows easy lookup of products and sales receipts as well as offering a variety of report formats.

Inconvénients

The initial setup on our server took a little bit of effort. Also the cash-in-till tracking wasn't working for all registered users. (That could have been a configuration error on my part, though. . . still haven't figured it out.)

Sophia

Publié le 02/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing Point of Sale

Phenomenal; and that's not hyperbolic at all. We are in the process of opening two more retail businesses and know for certain we will use PHP Point of Sale for each of them when we are ready to open. By far the easiest part of setting up a retail shop is dealing with the folks at PHP Point of Sale. Thank you for all the help getting started!

Avantages

Support: Their support team is incredible! They go above and beyond what we expected.
Ease of Setup: Our systems administrator said she loved getting this up and running and that getting set up with WooCommerce was simple.
Ease of Use: Straight forward and well documented when you run into any snags. We had our Point of Sale up and running well before the slow credit card processing companies even thought about helping us.

Inconvénients

Bitcoin Support: Quite literally the only negative I can think of is not being able to accept bitcoin payments (although, you can still tag them as cash sales if you prefer). It would just be nice to have that integrated natively, but it's really not a deal breaker.

Matthew
  • Secteur d'activité : Électronique grand public

Publié le 06/06/2022

PHPPOS Saves Time and Money

Experience has been great, I have saved a lot of time and money for the business in using this software.

Avantages

The ease of use, the great customer support. The software works without all the bloat and high prices

Inconvénients

Haven't found anything I don't like yet, few things I don't use but not in the way

Publié le 20/04/2018

Reliability and Awesome User Interface

This software allows to control and manage an entire retail store, it's cloud based so you can access it anywhere with internet. It comes with different functionalities you can control the access to employees, cash, receivings, expenditures, create your own bar codes and it has different type of reports to see the behavior of your business. It's super intuitive so that reduces by a lot the time to train the people in charge of it

Avantages

Beautiful User Interface and Responsive to be used in tablets, cell phones, pc's
Lots of functionalities through different modules
Lots of Reports to suit different needs

Inconvénients

Needs Improvement to cater service companies like restaurants
Doesn't have the option to be linked with scales

Vladimir
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness

Publié le 13/11/2016

Three years with this POS

I am glad and really thankful for rep this software and especially for his support, mostly initially. Very intuitive soft, easy to understand and operate. We are running for four places, integrated on one server. Incredibly easy to access virtually from any point of the world! I would say - one of the best soft I come across. There is some luck of reports, probably fixed on the version 15.0 didn't try. Otherwise - perfect.

Avantages

Easy to understand and operate. Very mobile, one can reach it virtually from any where in the world.

Inconvénients

Luck of reports and still confusing system of invoicing (sales in credit), luck of expiry date tracing

• Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Publié le 03/04/2019

Great sales and inventory tracking software

Using PHP POS has really helped us save money hiring people to do some sort of work. The software does everything for us and we can manage and track every single thing that is happening in the store.

Avantages

PHP point of sale is a great tool to have with amazing sales and inventory tracking, you can easily track everything in one place using this software. you can track customers, suppliers, sales, deliveries, price, reports, etc.

Their customer support is just great if you have any glitch they are always ready to provide support and they're never tired of doing this is so great for us.

Inconvénients

If you are using it for the first time, you might have a little headache.
no detail video tutorial on how to use the software.

Burton
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 51-200 employés

POP software evaluation

The software is great and when our IT person is looking for changes your people are right on it and do great work. The biggest issue is getting bogged down with the cloud because of extremely slow DSL lines (and sometimes they just stop) and to do anything about it we need to install T1 lines. Other than that we this is best product we have used.

Avantages

Amazing service to fix gliches and download our initial database. The ability to sort things by date scenarios and know where stores are at during the day is amazing.

Inconvénients

As I said before sometimes our internet service which is a DSL doesn't work and that makes life difficult. That service is not by our choosing. We have areas of Pittsburgh that don't even have any service other than dial-up. We will have to put in T! lines at a substantial cost.

lolah
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

Publié le 18/11/2016

anyone one can use with minimal training

Our costume store has a high volume of customers at Halloween .We appreciate the easy use of php point of sale making it a great software for new team members to learn quickly. We have been able features we like and as our business has grown over the last 4 years use other features as our business has expanded.

eazy use

Inconvénients

layby funtion confusing and cant change the daily balance because of it
can not see what sales person is using it. unless you sign out .then sign back in .

Vanessa

Publié le 17/11/2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE

We have been using PHP POS for a few years now. I could not be happier with it. It is very easy to use, has great functions and can be used for any type os business.
Their customer service is exceptional. After we had a break in and our computer stolen, they were able and willing to help us while we were in limbo and went above and beyond to get us back online. I cannot say enough great things :)
I cannot say enough great things about this POS. I have done my research and this is the only diverse POS I have come across.
Thank you for the past few years and many more to come.
Thank you for every over the past few years, and the years to come. I highly recipe

Peter

Publié le 17/11/2016

I was lost until I found you...

I recently took over a bicycle repair shop from my old boss, he was pretty old skool. The cash register was a glorified calculator, record keeping was basically non-existent.
I was seeking to modernize the operation somewhat, after pulling my hair out searching for straightforward non-cloud non-subscription based POS software I finally found PHP PoS.
It's been great.
Additionally, the support is incredible. When I make errors because I'm doing things I shouldn't be the *free* support saves my ass, every time.

Avantages

Non-cloud based. No subscription.
UI is reasonably easy to use and understand.
Cross platform A++++ I can't stress how fantastic this is. I really really don't want my pos software chained to a particular propriety platform.

Inconvénients

Inability to create 'work orders' which would be more appropriate to my business of making repairs, making due with suspended sales works but is less than ideal.

Vanessa
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat
s/o

Publié le 01/06/2022

Best Inventory Tool

Inventory, reports, ordering products, viewing trends, sales reports, etc.

Avantages

Fantastic tool for stores with lots of inventory. I have an art supply store, so this is invaluable to me.

Inconvénients

That the Cost price doesn't automatically change in the POS when you change it on a receiving (selling price does). Then every item has to be changed individually in the item tab if you want the cost to reflect the new one.

338 avis