Avis clients sur Symantec Endpoint Security

4,4
Note globale
Avis
En savoir plus

Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Symantec Endpoint Security

Symantec Endpoint Security est une suite de défense et de cybersécurité spécialement conçue pour les besoins des petites entreprises. Les fonctionnalités principales comprennent un antivirus, un anti-espion et un pare-feu pour...

En savoir plus

Classer par :
Ambar
Ambar

Publié le 26/02/2023

Intuition and quick responses to keep us fully protected.

It is the best endpoint solution that can exist, it helps us protect our system from the large number of threats that endanger our business information, the neutralization of threats is fast and without detection of false positives. It is a protection system that transmits a great power of virus detection from the first moment of use. The possibilities when using Symantec Endpoint Security are endless.

Avantages

I like that the scanning system is easy to use, the detection of different viruses is possible thanks to the fact that it is an automatic analysis system, the navigation is intuitive and very easy to understand, it does not consume a lot of ram, it integrates with our entire environment of IT and protects our information at all times.

Inconvénients

We have not found problems that have interfered or let viruses in, the protection is very genuine and gives us a lot of confidence. It is a protection system that every company should have.

Publié le 03/02/2021

Symantec is one of the toughest antivirus software's out there

I must say that this is by far one of the greatest enemies of Support and in case you want to be sure that something won't be changed in any possible way ( Firewall, incoming connections from some PC in general or files copied ), make sure to get Symantec as you won't be disappointed while using it even a little bit and I can sign this as an agent who is working with it for a couple years so far.

Avantages

This antivirus is so good, that it looks like an impossible obstacles sometimes on my work, as I keep encountering it daily while working on some of my Customers.
It is easy to deploy, password protected ( if you are trying to uninstall it or stop it, you can't do it without password ) and provides user protection from almost anything, especially as it integrates and utilizes Windows Firewall and Virus Protection on Windows 10 for instance, to provide impenetrable wall for any attack.

Inconvénients

I can say that sometimes I don't like how tough this one is, as it is my daily job to make my software work fine with Symantec, but if Customer Administrator is not online, I am unable to do anything.
That's why I would recommend it to everyone out there, as I am battling it for a couple years so far and I know how good it is.

Publié le 10/02/2023

It is a very good net protector.

It has been a satisfactory experience, like every endpoint that is installed, it is intended that you can obtain clear extra security results throughout your network, this program has propitiated that scenario.Our laptops, PCs, mobiles, network, machines have been highly protected in a number of third party attacks.

Avantages

The biggest pros are that it's very easy to install, develop and start using it to test your entire network, it's device friendly and I mostly use linux and android for work.It recognizes and has the ability to remember passwords but also the id and mac address of my devices, crossing data to know that I am the one who is really entering.

Inconvénients

The main problem with the program is the delay in reports, when I include emails it does not send alerts continuously either and it lets some errors pass that are not really from the network but rather from the internal infrastructure that we have.

Les meilleures alternatives à Symantec Endpoint Security

• Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Publié le 10/01/2024

Best Solution For Endpoint Protection and Management

Avantages

I like the computer and cloud security features
The software comes with amazing encryption features
It keeps all our systems safe and secure.

Inconvénients

With this product, I have experienced zero challenges

Irfan

Publié le 05/03/2020

Best Available Protection Tool for large scale Infrastructure.

Overall experience is excellent, this suite provide continue protection from viruses, anti-malware, intrusion prevention and other threats as well as firewall features for endpoint users as well as servers.

Avantages

Regular Scanning @ end point users.
stop forcefully unauthorized Applications in the network.
Best available policies in Firewall for threat detection.
fast and best recovery
act like more-then Antivirus

Hanged often not regular
still finding Cons.
but still space for upgrading.

Pourquoi choisir Symantec Endpoint Security

feature are not good inundation/data base Update is hard job Pricing licensing

Logiciel antérieur

Trellix Endpoint Security

Pourquoi passer à Symantec Endpoint Security

feature are excellent. Virus data base Update is hard job at end users Pricing licensing
Amir
  • Secteur d'activité : Assurance

Publié le 25/03/2023

Symantec EDR

The overall experience from the symantec edr is more than two years that i defend my hundreds computer's and servers and its very good product and very easy to use

Avantages

I like that its have also proxi defender and web isolation all in one. And the ui ux of the monitor is very easy to understand the statuses

Inconvénients

It was better if i have also in the monitor able to bring logs from other apps that i have allredey in our organisation

Satish

Publié le 16/02/2023

Good Enough protection

Overall i am pleased, but not overwhelmingly happy. i moved on to Sophos in one company and Trellix in another company.

Avantages

Product is cost effect, easy to deploy and easy to manage.

Inconvénients

Product lacks some new features compared to its competitors in the same class,it is does not detect all the threats. i often scanned the same system with Symantec first, then installed another product and found threats that Symantec scans didn't pick up.

• Secteur d'activité : Informatique et sécurité réseau

Publié le 20/05/2022

It is one of most trusted software for Endpoint Security

Overall, I had great experience using it, and have not noticed any glitches while using it. It does really stop the threats and keep the endpoint device safe.

Avantages

It is simply doing its job on the backend, stopping the threads without user noticing it. If users have clicked on malicious url, software link, it kicks in and stop the threat from happening, which gives confidence to user, as human mistakes are possible. Symantec Endpoint Security secures the environment when threat already passed multiple Security appliances such as next gen firewall, IDS, IPS so it is one of the most critical parts of the Security and there Symantec Endpoint does its job really well.

Inconvénients

Sometimes when it is doing its job, stopping the malicious script, it also stops the genuine software, which really does not give the great user experience.

• Secteur d'activité : Production audiovisuelle
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés

Publié le 28/11/2023

Saver and esier

Great software with easy manage and the prize the more friendly

Avantages

The most i like from Symantec Endpoint Security is esier to manage and low memory usage

Inconvénients

What i least like is when we want to buy the license, we must buy minimal 10 license

Oscar
Oscar
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 24/11/2023

A good security application

Avantages

Si easy to mantain and implement, intuitive installation process

Inconvénients

The application consumes many cpu and memory sometimes, for which the device becomes very slow

vasu

Publié le 14/03/2018

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Avantages

Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints.

Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats.

The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication.
Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Inconvénients

Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome.
LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

YagneshKumar
YagneshKumar
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

Publié le 05/05/2018

Symantec Secure Software

The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Avantages

Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Inconvénients

One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

Justin
  • Secteur d'activité : Enseignement supérieur

Publié le 22/08/2019

Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day

Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Avantages

There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Inconvénients

Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

Jesse

Publié le 12/12/2019

Works great, but support can be lacking.

When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it's usually not hard to fix. But you're not going to get a lot of help from their customer support. We have used it to provide protection among a large volume of machines and none of them have had issues with viruses while using this product.

Avantages

This product was easy to implement throughout our company and has been working great since implementation. It send us alerts when certain events are triggered such as a user visiting a malicious site. It does a good job of keeping itself up to date and has a nice console for administrators to use and get a top-down view on how the endpoints are doing.

Inconvénients

We have run into issues with getting licenses renewed to the point where they have expired, potentially leaving a few systems vulnerable. Customer support takes a very long time to reach and after I did reach them, they provided me with incorrect information that did not help resolve my issue. I only gave them 2 stars as opposed to 1 star because at least the customer support exists, even if it isn't the best.

Sudhir
  • Secteur d'activité : Services financiers

Publié le 14/02/2023

An end to end security system

Symantec endpoint security provides a comprehensive control over your applications and systems. It acts as a final layer of control which prevents your systems from cyber attacks and helps you keep your sensitive data protected. It not only detects threats on a real time basis but also provides a preventative control around the issues.

Avantages

Symantec endpoint security like the name suggests is the final layer of security which secures our applications and business systems. My personal best feature is it's two factor authentication which secures my access on cloud with an approval from my registered mobile device. So, even if someone tries to break into my cloud server, it will not be possible for them to access because of this two factor authentication.

Inconvénients

One of the areas where I personally struggled is setting it up in my mobile for the first time. I had to literally reach out to my IT desk and have them fixed before I could start using the tool in my cell phone.

Anthony
Anthony
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

Publié le 28/08/2022

Robust and advanced endpoint protection

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful endpoint protection platform that offers optimal features to ensure a high level of protection and a productive workspace.

Avantages

It has the ability to protect different endpoints such as laptops, desktops and cell phones, used by employees in the office or remotely. It has proven very effective in stopping advanced attacks. Its intelligence network model has the effectiveness to neutralize and prevent attacks before they start. Online support responds in a timely manner.

Inconvénients

This is a very advanced platform in detecting attacks, but it consumes a lot of computing resources.

Lana
  • Secteur d'activité : Transport routier/ferroviaire

Publié le 15/11/2023

Gone Downhill

Once purchased by Broadcom, everything went south. I used Symantec Endpoint Security prior to Broadcom and was able to understand it and get done what I needed to using their interface. Once Broadcom took over I couldn't even log in to my portal. Then I found out that it wasn't even activated on our server or other computers. Their customer service made me wait on hold no less than one hour each and every time I called. Then once I got through they would send me to several different people and I never really got any issues resolved.

Avantages

I never liked Symantec once it was purchased by Broadcom. Once that happened, everything changed and time after time I was unable to login to my account. Support was the worst. Nothing was clear at all.

Inconvénients

Broadcom did not care about end users of small businesses.

Dustin
Dustin
  • Secteur d'activité : Recherche

Publié le 19/01/2018

Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection

Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

Avantages

My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

Inconvénients

It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

Alisha
Alisha

Publié le 10/06/2020

It allows us to protect all our endpoint devices.

Symantec is deployed throughout our company, it allows us to protect all our endpoint devices by preventing infections from Trojans, ramsonware and malware, it is very effective and allows us to maintain strict control of how the devices are used through a control panel and a security administrator who decides which devices can enter the network that devices do not, this includes USB sticks and any other type of external device.

Avantages

It seems to me that it is a very effective software in what our company needs, we have to take care of data and infrastructure that is expensive, it helps to keep all the systems clean and have a control of compliance with computer security policies, it is easy to use and allows to schedule scans so as not to interfere with regular work.

Inconvénients

I have no complaints, we have used this antivirus for years and are very satisfied with its performance.

Jorge
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201–500 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 31/01/2020

Symantec Endpoint

i do like the software but it is very complex to configure especially the firewall, it not as cheap as other that offers the same thing

Avantages

one of the pioners on the market, very good software it has a lot of features, one of the most complete solutions for protecting your computer / data

Inconvénients

the firewall it is not easy to configure, it practically block everything on your network / computer, it took a long time to setup correctly

Alternatives envisagées

Intercept X Endpoint

Logiciel antérieur

Intercept X Endpoint
Mohit
  • Secteur d'activité : Agriculture

Publié le 21/08/2018

All purpose security product for PCs

Overall Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good product and its cost effective.

Avantages

Symantec Endpoint Protection is one point solution for providing security from Malware, Viruses, Network Intrusions and most important for IT hardware (Including Computers and Server), it prevents ransomware attacks. firewall is sturdy and really easy to manage, Central console for managing systems and updates and most important it is not taxing on Computer resources. We are using to manage handful of Computers really effectively.

Inconvénients

From view of protecting clients there are absolutely no issues/cons. Only thing plague this software which i feel is up-gradation process i.e. from lower to higher version, there are strict protocols to be followed for successful implementation (Updates).

Joey
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501–1 000 employés

Publié le 15/10/2018

Symantec is here to stay and a game changer

We've been using Symantec since it was still called Symantec Anti-Virus and it has come a long way since. However, like any sound strategy, one should never rely solely on one product for protection. It should always be supplemented with an end-point gateway protection AND education of the weakest link: The human firewall.

Avantages

The product is much lighter on resources. It is accurate and very rarely has false-positives. It is easy to configure and automatically updates itself in random intervals.

Inconvénients

Symantec End Point Protection can border on the paranoid. Every time an aspect is updated (whether an executable or otherwise), Symantec always prompts you if "you want <the Product> to access the network?" If you answer NO accidentally, then critical systems could be affected.in random intervals further freeing up resources.

Mohammed
  • Secteur d'activité : Équipements publics

Publié le 28/08/2019

Symantec Endpoint protection review

Overall it is good, but needs more improvement to protect all 365 degree for the endpoints.

Easy and simply to use,
protect from most of the viruses,
updates daily schedule patches antivirus signatures
we have been using it since last 1.5 years

Inconvénients

i would require separate antimalware software long side symantec.
to protect my end users form malwares. because it was not protecting against most of the dangerous malware.

Alternatives envisagées

Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite
ILKER

Publié le 13/06/2019

1ST BRAND OF COMPUTER PROTECTION

it is very good and detect every virus or threats ,it does not request too much update, we had some difficulties with the previous one and it has been requesting too much update and it is boring if you have urgent something to do. Getting Update is important for virus protection programs because hackers produce viruses continously

Avantages

The updates comes frequently so the Symantec protection is keeping the latest and updated version of virus so I feel more comfortable when I enter untrusted web sites.

Inconvénients

The program makes my computer a little bit slower ,this is the worst thing for symantec endpoint protection because I could compare the with installed symantec and without installation.I felt the computer is a little bit faster without symantec

Olga
  • Secteur d'activité : Impression
s/o
s/o

Publié le 24/03/2020

Corporation choice

I am pleased with the security level it provides. I think if our corporation chose Symantec Endpoint Protection, it must be totally worth it.

Avantages

Since I had my software switched to Windows 10, they also changed my previous antivirus program on Symantec Endpoint Protection and as for me it was a good choice: it has a virus and spyware protection, as well as proactive threat protection and network and host exploit mitigation. So during the year and a half, I didn't have any issues with my computer security and no annoying pop-ups as some other programs are "infamous" for.

Inconvénients

Since the program installation is the duty of our IT specialist, I didn't have any trouble with it at all. I can't do any changes in it either, it's an option only for network administrators but didn't have any need in it so far.

546 avis