Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Windward System Five

Windward Software's Windward System Five helps small to midsize businesses manage their operations by providing an integrated point of sale and accounting solution with real-time inventory management. Windward System Five is a...

En savoir plus

187 avis sur 187
Classer par :
Scott

Publié le 26/10/2017

A powerful POS with unlimited flexibility, reliable stability, and great support staff.

Saved our company time and money in the ling run. Being able to customize the look, feel, and functions of the application let us implement EXACTLY what our company needed. We evaluated MANY other products before choosing Windward, and nothing comes close. It was one of the better decisions made in our organization, and is a big personal red-feather in my hat.

Avantages

- Extremely customizable. Allows you to customize anything from report, to custom price-labels, to customized POS screen (even changing the size/color/look of virtually every button). If you are a little more adventurous, you can even write code that allows you make your own functions.

- Easy to learn. For as advanced as this is, most people can pick up on the majority what thy need in a day. For those who want to do more, their is a complete 'Windward Academy' that you can watch videos and read comprehensive guides.

- LOTS of support. If I ever have a question, there are about ten people I can call. Of-course, they have 24/7 technical support, but virtually anyone in the company is eager and willing to help. I can call my account manager, or any number of others I have talked to throughout the installation process. Even the lovely receptionist is awesome has walked me through issues on more than one occasion.

- Philippines support. You might think this would be under the "Cons" section; but it isn't. The Philippines support is not outsourced like other companies, but they are actual employees working in a Windward office in Cebu. They all speak great English, are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about the product, and aim to please. No matter how frantic I am when I call, they never get upset and are always positive. And they are not going to give up until it's fixed. - You typically don't find this level of customer service in Western support groups.

Inconvénients

- Price tag will be your biggest hurdle. And some features will cost you extra. Having to pay extra to have the software integrate with our merchant account is probably the biggest complaint I have with the company. But even this is vastly outweighed by the Pros. If you want the best, it probably isn't going to be the cheapest.

- There are occasional errors that pop up and random issues. But 90% of these are self-resolving (very intuitive software). For the other 10%, support is right there to remote in and stay with you until it's resolve.

Rossie

Publié le 20/06/2022

Windward Software is an amazing program to help you run your business in every aspect.

Inventory was a huge issue for us before we started using System Five. We absolutely cannot imagine running our business without Windward System Five at this point.

Avantages

The Support is A1 and the features of everything from Inventory to Sales Invoices, everything is connected and very user friendly. Reports are easy to run, reconciliations, sales and purchase invoicing, ageing, financials are easy to read and all other functions are again, user friendly.

Inconvénients

No cons at this time. We didn't like that it didn't have a payroll feature when we started with it but now it does.

Alternatives envisagées

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pourquoi choisir Windward System Five

We didn't like their Inventory feature or their GL postings that you could never correct even if it wasn't reconciled.

Pourquoi passer à Windward System Five

When we were given a demonstration, we knew right away it could handle what we needed and more.
Michelle

Publié le 31/10/2017

Would like to set up the system again knowing so much more now than was first told.

Avantages

Windward is easy to navigate and manipulate. Inventory items are easy to add and change. Like the way the payroll system integrates with Windward so no need to journal . Love the support I have received when requiring assistance from the team in the Philippines . They are prompt in getting back to you and try to assist at all times.

Inconvénients

When trying to customise the system to suit our requirements alot of manual hours are required to change simple things like updating prices and modifications. When we needed to collect information from the system we required a special programme be written to fulfil government requirements. This additional reporting is cumbersome to produce.
There is also alot of double entry when making a payment and then having to do a journal entry to reflect the same. A journal entry should be automatic.
Would like the ability to make ledger numbers inactive
Although we have a very confusing payroll and tax system, we experienced many issues with setting up the payroll system with this year being the first year we have successfully produced a payroll summary. Even then it required alot of double/triple checking to ensure the information was correct. Adding a new employee is once again difficult and time consuming. It would be great to be able to copy an existing one.

Réponse de Windward Software

Thank you, Michelle, for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with Windward System Five. It's nice to hear that you are pleased with the support you have received from our Client Services team.

In terms of your concerns, we're confident that there are means to make some of the processes you mention more efficient. At your convenience, please contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750 and ask to be registered for The Windward Learning Academy. This is a user-friendly yet comprehensive online source of System Five tutorials, which provide step-by-step solutions for all product features and nearly all possible scenarios.

Windward Software is continuously evolving and enhancing Windward System Five, and, in developing each product release, we examine client feedback to ensure that we are delivering a solution that meets and exceeds needed functionality.

Les meilleures alternatives à Windward System Five

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Eagle Business Management Software (EBMS)

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Joellyn

Publié le 13/07/2022

Windward since 2006

Avantages

The service from Windward when needing help.

Inconvénients

Missing simple sales reports that we use to use in Great Plains.

Alternatives envisagées

Furniture Wizard et Profit.co

Pourquoi choisir Windward System Five

It was DOS and needed to update.

Pourquoi passer à Windward System Five

I looked at many more than the 2 above. But do not remember all I looked at. Was at least 8. Not sure Profit.co is the correct one

Hi Joellyn,
Thanks for the review! We'll be sure to pass along the note about our service to the Customer Care team. We do have advanced reporting now available with Windward Intelligence. You may want to reach out to your Account Manager to see it in action. Thanks again!

Répondu le 09/08/2022
Justin

Publié le 19/04/2022

From your friends at Bob's

Windward 5 does so much above and beyond the POS/accounting systems I have used in the past, and I know I haven’t made it through all it has to offer.

The integrated CRM is very useful for keeping track of appointments and follow ups. I’m able to see that staff has made these appointments and keep them accountable for follow ups.
There is so much that can be done to organize and track inventory. Set multiple selling prices, build kits out of existing parts. Add pictures for staff and customers to reference, and way more.
Booking orders use to take me days to put together. Now the system tells me what I need based on past years. Some orders now take me less then a hour.

Information and automation. Windward tracks so much for you and automates tasks. Saving you 100’s of hours and $1000’s of dollars a year. I am very happy I made this investment

Inconvénients

It does take some time to set up, but you do get some great help. There is allot to learn. Be prepared to give this some attention, it will be worth it.

Réponse de Windward Software

Thanks for the Feedback Justin!

Répondu le 22/04/2022
jody
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Publié le 20/06/2022

windward system 5

Overall system 5 is an end to end solution which we count on to mange our business. We would like to see regular scheduled maintaince as part of our annual subscription plan. We have invested heavily in to the software on the years and would.lien to feel we can get value added serviced included.

Avantages

The software is an end to end solution for our business - we like this alot.
This last year the software has slowed down which has created inefficiencies.

Inconvénients

The software performance has dropped as we add more users and increase the date base.

The length of time it takes to book appointments has been increasing over the last two years

Christine
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile

Publié le 27/06/2022

Basic programming and intigration issues.

Having trouble intigrating Windward System Five, with shipping programs.

Avantages

Easy for the sales people to use, once they are very familiar with the system.

Inconvénients

There are basic programming errors, such as date changes, Currency type, etc. that do not flow through the je, you have to change existing je's line by line. The control numbers should change what is in the je. When I addressed the issue, I was brushed off and just told to adjust the entries. When you try to use a date range for printing vendor accounts it does not work.

Trying to get it to work with other programs has been a problem, and everthing has a price tag associated with it.

Nicole

Publié le 30/10/2017

Windward can't do that, but let's try to come up with a "Workaround" for you....

Headaches

Avantages

I like the ability to special order a product on a work order and have it directly linked to the purchase order. Great for tracking an item through.

Inconvénients

INVENTORY!!!! There is no direct link between the inventory sub-ledger and the ledger. There is no transaction list of what is recorded in the sub-ledger, so balancing inventory and determining where an outage may have occurred is a long, tedious process that involves tracking every purchase order received, bill, work order and invoice put into the system. Implementing the software is very time consuming and self-regulated. Enhancements to the software can be requested if your company agrees to pay for the programming time to develop it.

Réponse de Windward Software

Hi Nicole. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback with regards to Windward System Five.

Glad to hear that you are finding our Special Order Tracking feature useful; it's a popular one among many of our clients.

In terms of your concerns, upon review, it appears that there are, in fact, methods of solving some of the issues you are experiencing through existing product functionality. We encourage you to contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750 to become registered for The Windward Learning Academy. This comprehensive online resource of easy-to-use product tutorials clearly demonstrates the most efficient means to use System Five by feature and scenario.

In addition, we value your feedback in terms of custom enhancements. In some cases, with requested enhancements that only pertain to a very small subset of our clients, at least a portion of this development work may be billed. Widely beneficial enhancements are completed in future releases at no fee.

• Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 27/06/2022

My review

Able to handle our large inventory

Avantages

Inventory volume control, inventory adjustments

Inconvénients

Clitches, slow, trade ins difficult, doesn’t round on account payments

Tania
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 28/06/2022

Windward

I am finding as time goes by, there are better ways to do things. There is a lot of potential however I was not shown this at the start of the switch over. It makes it harder to change things after 6 months.

Avantages

System is easy to use when you know what you are doing. There is much potential.

Inconvénients

Proper training was not given at the beginning as to what would be beneficial most to our business. I had to use training videos to learn how to do things. Limited search module.

Hi Tania,
Switching systems and that initial learning phase can be difficult. We're always reviewing and making adjustments to how we handle implementation and training. If you are still feeling unequipped, please reach out to your Account Manager to go over both included and paid training options.

Répondu le 08/08/2022
Jim
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 30/01/2017

Windward- Success for Power Equipment, Construction Supplies and Rental

We have been using System 5 since 2003. The system has scaled to our operation as we grow. The accounting side is robust and handles all our AP- AR- and General Ledger needs. Purchasing is fully automated. Billing customers can be fully modified with "Types" and "subTypes" to keep the status of orders updated and classified. Our inventory and product locations have been controlled and managed with the Advanced Inventory Control. The system is constantly being improved with fixes and new features multiple times per month. The database is rock solid. After 14 years, we never have had data corruption requiring the loading of a backup. All our employees depend on the info from system 5 to make decisions and give customers information. The ability to customize and provide information to users is endless and grows each year. We have used the barcode function and have 40,000 SKUs barcoded and labeled. We have even barcoded our rental equipment. We rely on this system for everything and for 14 years it has been bulletproof. Because we sell, service and rent serialized equipment, the "UNIT" way of handling things is great. Provides cost, service and income information.

Avantages

We could not run our business without the information and order that the system provides!
1. Ease of use- Everything is in one program
2. Total integration- We don't need to transfer data to another program like QuickBooks
3. Strong Accounting, Control, and reports- Ability to customize GL and P&L format and multiple years.
4. Hundreds of pre-built Reports- We rarely do custom
5. Ability to create custom reports
6. Barcoding and Barcode printing- Couldn't live without it
7. Integrated Credit card Processing-Vantiv- Saves errors and time
8. Moves easily from desktop to desktop - configures easily when replacing stations
9. Weekly online training to learn features.
10 Responsive support staff who find the answers to any questions.
11. Ability to attach pictures and documents.
12. Unit history on serialized items.
13. Automated output of data, pictures pricing and descriptions to our Website

Inconvénients

Probably not really a con But there are so many features available, it take some time to learn and put them into daily practice. The rest are just enhancements we'd like to see !! First, We would like to see the RMA system simplified. Second, we would like to see the E-commerce platform developed more. We are using it now for our website, but we would like to see more features and search options. Third, we would like to see the Timecard function developed and enhanced. Fourth, we would like to see the offering of more credit card processing options. Fifth, we would like the ability to attach PDF's to items, instead of JPG. But all in all, the system works really well!

Mike

Publié le 26/06/2015

Scalable multi-user POS retail from a company that listens and adapts.

Avantages

Excellent customer support 24/7. A product that is scalable to your business. One of the few softwares that have a stand-a-lone ability that allow sales and lookup when the main server is offline or unavailable. Inventory orders in cases or singles by multiple suppliers with multiple part numbers and UPC codes for a single item. Capable of printing price tags on the fly when receiving. Easy lookup of products at the POS terminal by description, barcodes, serial numbers, etc. (Think about a phone caller asking for an item that is not in your hand, no numbers available and you need to quote the price.) Easy Purchase ordering. Easy resorting of POs in a fashion that matches the packing list. Complete control of forms, receipts, printers, slip printers, faxes etc. Multiple price groups and quantity price levels allowing maximum flexibility to different retail environments. Matrix pricing, kit pricing (both dynamic and static) with prices broken out or just single line on receipts. This software is our forth in 30 years and in our use since 2003. Regular updates and revisions are available to keep it fresh and up to date with changes in the ever changing retail industry. This is a very robust software and does far more than given here.

Inconvénients

Back office reporting is probably the weekest area. However, custom reports are available and creatable. If you are looking into any software you should have a list of what you need to know daily, weekly and monthly and have it demonstrated to you. Another area is handling price protection from manufacturers. It is not easy to drop cost on items that receive price protection. It can be done but is time consuming.

mike

Publié le 29/11/2017

Garbage in Garbage out. This program is great, but you have to put in the time or resources to...

my sales person has been very helpful. Even though I really complained to him when I had to upgrade the pervasive side of Windward. It was not that much, but as a business owner, I felt like everyone has there handed out to collect money. This is not Windwards fault, I had not upgraded pervasive in awhile and really did not know I had to. When my business burned in May of 2016 I had the backups but the three backups where all in the building. I dug through the debris and found the server and windward did not ask for any money to help me get the information back uploaded. I did not have a support package at that time and they could have asked me to upgrade the software and pay for a support package. Windward did not ask me for any money at all. Their technical department spent about 3 hours with my computer guy getting the information linked back up because some of the files where lost. I got locked out of the system and windward again helped me get back in. Thanks again Windward. Mike Kernea owner of Skyline Power Equipment

Avantages

What I mean by the switches. This program allows you to set up the program the way you want it. It does have a default setting, but I have found that each company is different and require certain information. When sitting up the program go somewhere quiet with no distractions. Also if the program does what you want it to you do not have to upgrade.

Inconvénients

If you don't upgrade then it is very hard for the company or technical support to help because they are running on another version.

Karen

Publié le 01/06/2016

13 years with System 5

I installed System 5 for my "brick and mortar" business in 2003. This is one of the best investments I have made for my business.

I have thousands of parts & customers, and hundreds of suppliers. Most of my inventory is tracked by serial number. "Windward" is pretty quick in spite of my huge database, and the interface makes it very easy to look up info (such as customer past purchase history, showroom display serial numbers, etc).

I've had great phone support when updating to newer releases, migrating the application from old servers to newer servers. Their support team has patiently even helped me through accounting questions. Once, my whole system was completely dead because my tech support guy did something on the server, and WW resolved it right away.

For me, a key capability is being able to import and export information easily into and out of Excel, so that I can maintain pricing for so many parts from many suppliers. I also use Excel for sales analysis and budget reports (outside of WW), so we can "slice and dice" the data (13 years worth) to analyze leading indicators of sales trends, for example. Since work orders can be populated from an external data file, I've created an external visual interface to create the work order line items for our more complex customer configurations, and have them load automatically into a work order.

After 13 years, I have a laundry list of things I would like to see added or changed in the system. However, reliability and dependability are my top priorities and on that front, WW has been excellent. Windward returns calls, answers questions, owns up if the issue is on their end, finds acceptable temporary workarounds, and makes me feel that my business success is important to them. They do NOT create barriers to communication, throw up brick walls ("that's just the way it is"), or tell me I'm running my business the wrong way ("most of our customers don't change their prices just because their costs change") - which I have actually experienced with other software vendors.

During implementation, I designed my categories to support the ways I wanted to be able to analyze the data in both WW and in Excel. If you don't have any software background, I would strongly recommend working with a reseller/design consultant for the initial layout and installation (which I think would be true for any accounting system), because that will set you up for success going forward.

Pat
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 26/10/2017

In 2009, Windward helped us organize and track merchandise for the first time - big benefit!

Do you mean Windward or Capterra? I already described our Windward benefits in the review. Capterra I hope will help me win the Surface Pro Windward is offering in its contest! ;-)

Avantages

Have been a user/admin since 2009, and have been through many upgrades and improvements. It's easy to set up routines to track all incoming and outgoing merchandise and expenses. It seems to integrate well with accounting. You can extensively customize reports and you can easily export files from any report. Software is durable and forgiving; almost never freezes despite robust use from our end.

Inconvénients

Emailing invoices has been problematical over the years. Windward hasn't integrated well with third-party email management software like Outlook and Thunderbird, although this situation may have improved since last I checked (this function is only sporadically my responsibility in the business). Some of our seats/terminals work, some do not. Customer service was baffled. Also, customizing forms can be a little tricky, but we have managed that.

Alex
  • Secteur d'activité : Exploitation minière et métaux

Publié le 25/10/2017

Best system around if you are willing to put the effort in before you go live, super easy POS...

Best system I have ever used, to date have implemented this system in 2 businesses. This system has increased speed of transactions and lowered overheads. Best all round system.

Avantages

Have put this system in 2 businesses have had no real issues to date that have not been easy to fix.
POS is pretty flawless and easy to use.
You can report on just about anything.
Support staff are fantastic, and implementation was easy. Windward are with you the whole way making sure everything works.

Inconvénients

To date have non, anything that I have ever had an issue with usually stems from user error.
There are some processes that I would like to have, and they can absolutely be custom programed, like seeing what items on the invoice are have customer contract pricing, but this does not affect most sales and can be checked other ways. So not really a con just something that my end would be great, more than likely there is a way to do this. I am always learning new things to stream line the process.

Publié le 26/10/2017

This software is the most in depth software program we have found.

The best benefit is being able to control inventory.

Avantages

It tracks model and serial numbers of appliances for customers and stores the details. Easy to use.

Inconvénients

Set up was a little hard just because you had to create every outstanding work order you already had and every inventory item you have and when you are dealing with appliances, furniture, mattresses, and appliance parts it was a lot to do. The system upgrades and up front costs are somewhat pricey.

Réponse de Windward Software

Thank you, Jennifer, for taking the time to provide a review of your experiences with Windward System Five; we appreciate your feedback!

We are working diligently to provide advanced solutions to ease the initial data load for non-digital records, and continue to provide expert implementation to quickly port data for existing digital records.

All of us at Windward Software look forward to continuing to serve you in the future. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your Account Manager at any time: +1 (800) 663-5750.

Répondu le 08/11/2017
Bart

Publié le 28/10/2017

easy to use as you learn one area at a time

Inventory management, historical data for customers, professional POS, and financial history and tracking all in one place , and working together.

Avantages

all encompassing full service software for the business starting from the POS, inventory tracking, customer history tracking, book keeping etc.

Inconvénients

help guide sometimes makes it difficult to find what you need to do to get the info you want, getting the terminology or areas to look correct first.

Réponse de Windward Software

Hi, Bart. Thanks very much for taking the time to provide your feedback with regards to Windward System Five. Great to hear that you're finding our suite of functionality to be useful for your business.

May we please encourage you to contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750 to inquire about becoming registered for The Windward Learning Academy. This comprehensive yet easy-to-use online resource is free for Windward clients and will assist in fully and clearly answering any product feature questions you may have.

Jonathan
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente en gros

Publié le 19/07/2022

Great fitting package for our business

System Five has been very good, and their support team is excellent and helpful

Avantages

Windward fits us great, the cloud system was a very important consideration for remote accessibility. It covers all of our needs in terms of sales, repair work orders, and inventory controls. It is just the right amount of software for us.

Inconvénients

There are some advance features that could add value for us, such as stock adjustments that post to G/L's, min/max's that make recommendations on PO's

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for the review. You may want to look into the advanced features, they really can be a time saver. Professional Services are available to help you get those implemented. Have a convo with your Account Manager if you'd like to consider that option.
Thanks again!

Répondu le 09/08/2022
Zoe
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 16/11/2020

I wish I never heard of Windward Software

Our overall experience was extremely poor and detrimental to our business. All our staff were frustrated ( I nearly lost staff), some customers were frustrated, we invested so much money, and have in turn lost so much money. Oh and did I mention the time invested. All that time I spent, all a waste, the time my staff spent which I paid for, such a waste. So much stress that my whole team went through only to end up worse off.

Before we went live, in my gut I had doubts due to my experience with Windward staff in the lead up transition period. But unfortunately I have faith in people, and faith that people tell the truth, and they assured me that the Windward System 5 was an investment in my business- to have confidence, to go live and realise the benefit. Oh so wrong. The system just plain and simple had so many glitches and caused more harm than good to my business. Once live, it just got worse and worse. In hindsight, I should have listened to my gut in implementation, written the money invested off as a bad business decision and aborted. By pushing on, I cost my business so much more, and then blindly I stayed for the full 60 days as required by the refund clause, further harming my business, only to be told they were not giving me a refund anyway.

Also if you are in a different timezone, that is another thing to be wary of. When I signed up they promised local support as they had two people in Australia. But these staff left and no one replaced them.

Avantages

We are a retail shop with a mechanic workshop out the back. The special order process was a positive, but unfortunately when you think of all the difficulties, costs and time loss from the rest of the system I can't go so far as to say it is a pro.

The idea of the detailed security and reports options is good, but due to extensive glitches never realized any benefits. Unfortunately the reports and exports were missing data, which meant reconciliation was problematic, and the security just caused glitches and locked my staff out of the system. Due to this, the amount of bookwork to fix the mess is just huge, this system is continuing to cost me in staff costs and time even though I have left Windward.

Ultimately this POS system was one of the worst business decisions I have ever made and I do not recommend it all.

Inconvénients

The implementation is long and tedious. We worked hard with 'technicians' to ensure quality data was loaded. We had 5 different implementation technicians as 2 left the company, one they allocated to us didn't suit the timezone, one provided intermittent help, & one was finally helpful. Windward waived some licencing fees to compensate for lack of support as we were paying for a licence we could not use. Windward then deleted all my data and we had to start again. The daily technical staff in are in a Philippines call centre, they failed to fix most issues. Due system glitches we had no choice but to leave despite due to it harming our business. A huge amount of funds and time invested. Windaward refused to provide refund despite us doing the mandatory 60 days. Glitches include BUT WERE NOT LIMITED TO: mixing up data across customer records showing machines that belonged to other customers on accounts (nothing to with our data); showing bills and outstanding amounts for other customers on accounts; continuously locking our staff out; full system outage; slowing down sales; daily sales reports inaccurate; export reports missing data. Windaward technicians use a licence you have paid for to investigate their system's issues further undermining your business as you've less workstations. We wired the internet throughout our shop as they suggested, this resolved no issues. We found usability to be poor, search functionality poor, & it would take us many steps to do basic things.

Angie
  • Secteur d'activité : Biens de consommation

Publié le 26/10/2017

It has been a steep learning curve. Things are getting better all the time

Much better control over our inventory and keeping track of all our product. The PO and receiving makes it easy to know when someones product comes in. We are tweaking the software constantly as we learn new things. The webinars and academy have been a big help.

Avantages

Very versatile, learning new things all the time. Everything meshes together in one package. Like the way you can drill down to see what happens in the background. The accounting took a bit of getting used to but has proved itself .

Inconvénients

The Terminology is different from most other programs and it is sometimes difficult to determine exactly what a certain term means

Réponse de Windward Software

Angie, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback relating to Windward System Five. We're happy to read that our software is meeting your business needs.

In addition, it's great that you are attending our weekly webinars and using The Windward Learning Academy; both are designed to assist you and/or your staff with further learning of System Five functionality.

If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750.

Répondu le 06/11/2017
Robert

Publié le 25/10/2017

This is a smooth and feature rich software that transformed our business.

Avantages

Our ability to drill into items where you should be able to. Having linked PO's direct in the inventory items is essential to tracking when an items was purchased and received. The full functioning GL of this software in nothing less than exceptional and really can give a business owner the feeling of control when operating their business

Inconvénients

I think the most difficult thing with Windward is the learning curve. Reports are sometimes hard to understand at first until you understand them. the XML editor for invoice templates need work, this the most difficult part of the program to use if you are a novice or not tech savvy.

Darrell

Publié le 06/01/2014

Best Value

Although the implementation of this solution is a lot of work, I have been through others in the past and this one was not much different. You do have to pay extra if you want them to come on site and help, otherwise you are left to watch videos and meet on the phone/over the PC with them. They did help build out a custom learning curriculum for us and help facilitate the learning for my staff which was appreciated.

I do believe that you would be hard pressed to find a better value out there though. This program offers pretty much everything (and then some), from the front of the store POS to the back end accounting. It sounded based on another review that they had some growing pains with their payroll but we've found it works fine/as expected. My staff appreciate the direct deposit.

Support after implementation seems OK. "Regular" support is mostly out of the Philippines but I had a register go down and they did not hang up the phone until we were resolved, eventually getting transferred to their "advanced" support which appeared to be from North America.

Why I purchased this solution over others though, was that in the design of the software and philosophy of the company they really seem to come from the entrepreneur's perspective. From integrated real time accounting and fantastic reporting capabilities and lots of customizability in the software to what their sales guy told me about a core value there: with respect, the customer isn't always right....Lord know's that's true! (in fact I was going to delay the project and when they pushed back I was a little shocked but I'm glad they did). I should also add that my IT guy put some serious analysis into this project and by the facts/spread sheet, they came out on top feature for feature.

Pro's:
Best Value
Does virtually everything
Good emergency support (and 24/7)

Con's:
mediocre "regular" support
watching training video's is not fun

Publié le 26/10/2017

Great solution to our inventory and customer billing processes.

Control, organization, customer history, financial tracking and evaluation though the reports.

Avantages

Inventory tracking and reporting, customer history tracking and reporting. Has way more tools than we can use. Team loves the history look-up. Invoice are easy to create and print. Works well for us.

Inconvénients

Trying to connect the purchase order to a bill to a check. If one person does something out of step I find it to be a nightmare to try and fix. I understand why and I appreciate this, but there needs to be more scenario problem solving for me to go online and watch how to fix my issue.

Pete

Publié le 17/02/2017

This is NOT a Rental Software

We were running a good rental software program when we were approached by a Windward Software salesman who convinced us that we should give Windward a try. The salesman made us all kinds of promises, which we found out later were not all true. For example: don't believe it if
they tell you that they migrate your data, we ended up doing this all ourselves. On the surface, the Windward Program seemed to be a good rental system. It had a good inventory based set-up, We ended up repeatedly having this incomplete transaction screen popup. When we called for tech support to fix this problem, they would tell us to fix it ourselves, either by editing a single transaction or by p.o.s. This proved to be very difficult, and very time consuming. A program should never do this every day, and if it does the company should take responsibility to fix it, not the customer. This was the most unstable program from any we have used. We spent many days without our program working, due to their unreliable techs. This program was a nightmare for our accounting department. The accounting department had their workload tripled, due to the fact that the daily closing reports were not correct. We ended up creating a worksheet of every transaction for the closing period and transferring the data to make our journal entries for the day. In most cases their accounting techs didn't know what they were talking about, they never really fixed our problems, but instead told us, just reverse the transaction and do it again, the paper work piled up so much that we had to give an employee some time off for stress leave. This software would be a good inventory or p.o.s system , but it's definitely not designed for a rental or accounting system. All they did is add a rental module to an existing point of sale system, if you rented only 1 or 2 machines a day it would probably work, but if your main business is rentals, you would not want this system

Avantages

This software would be a good inventory or p.o.s system

Inconvénients

it's definitely not designed for a rental or accounting system

187 avis