Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur AccountEdge

AccountEdge's banking tools allow users to send and receive money, prepare bank deposits and electronic payments, print checks and reconcile accounts. The system's purchase order feature allows users create and track purchase...

En savoir plus

Gary
  • Secteur d'activité : Divertissement

Publié le 16/07/2019

Couldn't be simpler!

Only great things to say about this product.

Avantages

AccountEdge Pro has made a work of difference in my company. With their easy to use dashboard, I can enter purchases, invoice customers, pay bills, create payroll, keep an accurate accounting of my banking and so much more. It is simple to use... even I can do it! It's a huge time saver and in the five years that I have been using AccountEdge, I have never had an issue.

Inconvénients

Not a big deal but there have been a couple of times when I have had to realign the check printing format.

• Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Publié le 04/08/2022

Accountedge Review

Overall this software is really good for people who want a simple bookkeeping and accounting solution.

Avantages

This software is great for people who are not accountants and are looking for a simple bookkeeping and accounting software solution.

Inconvénients

Whenever they release an update there are plenty of bugs and a lot of features will not work until the bug is fixed. Last upgrade my outlook connection stopped working so I had to manually send out invoices. Also support is no longer what it used to be. They will force you to upgrade to the current version and also charge for any support unless you can prove that you are calling about a software bug.

Zoho Books

Pourquoi choisir AccountEdge

You can't download entries from Quickbooks online. You can only upload so you will be forced to stay with the online version.

Logiciel antérieur

Pourquoi passer à AccountEdge

Simple to use and pricing is much more reasonable.
  • Secteur d'activité : Internet

Publié le 17/11/2022

One of very few apps for accounting on Mac - 2022 version

It is still a very useful piece of software, and a rarity on Mac. However, the recent design decisions made in the latest version leave a lot to be desired. Unless the interface is overhauled, or at least improved, we may not use it for much longer.

Avantages

It is an installable app, which does have drawbacks, but does mean an internet connection is not required to use it, unlike all cloud based accounting software. All useful features are available, such as employee records, payroll, invoicing, accounting, and stock checking, together with up to date HMRC requirements in the UK, such as Making Tax Digital tax submissions. The price is also very competitive. Most cloud based accounting software charges a per employee fee for payroll, but AccountEdge allows for multiple employees as standard.

Inconvénients

The latest version has completely changed the look and feel of the software. Text is very hard to read, checkboxes are almost unusable, and the user experience in general is poorer than it's ever been. Error messages can be very obtuse.

Les meilleures alternatives à AccountEdge

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

• Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Publié le 04/02/2022

Overall good product

I love the software and functionality but will most likely switch to another platform due to lack of support from customer service. Also support to your accountant is also non existent.

Avantages

The simplicity of this product makes it enjoyable to use. The layout is nice and it makes it easy to find things you are looking for.

Inconvénients

Customer support has gone completely down. Upgraded to the 2021 version and it broke a lot of features including the ability to send emails through outlook. Had to wait months for a fix and had to send out invoices manually. Come tax time they now want me to upgrade to 2022 for the accountant to get a copy to work on my file. Software maybe a good price but don't expect any support without spending more money. Basically a trap to force you to pay.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Pourquoi choisir AccountEdge

The online version of Quickbooks was very limited. Linking payments was a nightmare as you have no control over credit card approvals. Basically a customer can purchase by credit card, quickbooks approves it and holds you responsible for any charge backs.

Logiciel antérieur

Pourquoi passer à AccountEdge

Accountedge layout is much better and easy to use.
Jim

Publié le 26/09/2019

Accountedge Pro

Accountedge Pro is easy to use and has all the features needed. It’s a good program. I have enjoyed using it.

Avantages

Very easy to use. Performs all required tasks Automatically. It’s reliable. Easy to navigate. Works very well.

Inconvénients

Lacks mobile integration- being able to use application on mobile device when on the toad or at a clients office. There are some functions available like looking up old invoices and jobs. But that’s about it. In this day and age portable applications are almost necessary.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pourquoi passer à AccountEdge

While quick books is more widely used, I preferred the functionality of accountedge pro
Jason
  • Secteur d'activité : Immobilier

Publié le 24/02/2022

Good product if you have accounting background

I really want to like this software more but their lack of development in several areas make that difficult. In many ways it is much better and more secure than Quickbooks so if that is the target product you are researching then this might be a good alternative for you and your business. As you should with any software like this do your research and plan out what your needs are and how you plan to use it to make sure this is the right thing for you.

Avantages

Overall AccountEdge is a pretty straightforward product with regards to accounting. Its major strengths are budgeting and the input of that data, financial reporting (monthly books) and accounts payable.

Inconvénients

There are some bigger issues that I am not a fan of with AccountEdge and in my 26 plus years of doing accounting I can say there are some poorer products but there are a lot of much better ones as well. Accounts receivable and the vendor/customer input needs some serious updating. We recently did an import of our data from the old owners to the new owners and it took the developers some serious time to get that figured our and fixed even after we were told it was not that difficult of a process by support. There is not mass way to remove and customer/vendor profiles. The billing system, if you want to give your customers the ability to be sent their month invoices and make payments, actually resides in another product, Account Edge Connect not in the base Account Edge. With that being said they only talk to each other with a manual "sync" each time you want them to update the other. There is no way to export data to a banking website for things like Bank of America's positive pay. So ACH's are a very manual process. If it was 10 years ago I could see why this wouldn't be a feature but its 2021 folks and this should be able to be done at this point. Especially with how virtual we all have to be nowadays. Support is hit or miss. There are a few really awesome folks and then again not so much. They offer no after hours support so you better only have an issue between 9am-5pm eastern time, otherwise you are stuck.

• Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité

Publié le 13/01/2022

Allow Time for Manual Entries

Fine for a small business with employees, but requires a ton of manual entry., even with a subscription that costs hundreds of dollars per year.

Avantages

I like the ease of use, clean interface, payroll liability payments and other features, like recurring transactions, that are similar to Quickbooks. Price is fair and support is helpful. I like that you can attach documents, but if their location is moved, its no longer accessible within AccountEdge.

Inconvénients

Not online or bank feed friendly, no full-service payroll option. Report customization is extremely lacking.

Capabilities with reasonable pricing
Georg C.
  • Secteur d'activité : Vente au détail
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 28/01/2019

Simple Complete Accounting System

We were looking for a small light-weight accounting system to manage some of our ancillary corporations that have very limited activity on them, but need to be audited yearly and reported to in public documents. Thus we wanted something that didn't allow much in the way of mistakes, and was relatively simple to use, without being overly complex and expensive.

Avantages

Installation and use of this software is relatively easy, and requires little to no accounting background to accomplish. You can pick your industry, and the types of services/products you provide, give them some custom names, and the software will setup your chart of accounts, and having you rolling. Setup a few vendors/suppliers, and a few customers, and you can start issuing invoices and paying bills.

Inconvénients

The software is not immediately accessible as it does not really follow any similar flow with current modern softwares. The basic system for each function, be it paying bills or selling product, requires either knowledge of exactly which steps you need to do, and in what order, or you follow the "guide" which is merely a large flow sheet of icons, with arrows pointing to various "next steps" in sort of a large circular picture.

Lisa
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs

Publié le 02/05/2019

Easy and customizable

Wonderful. I have been using it since 1992. And my CPA loves the reports I generate at the end of the year, it makes figuring up my taxes really easy for him because I can add different expense/income categories and customize it for certain deductions.

Avantages

I have used this software since 1992, when it was called MYOB. It's easy to use, and has all the help you need right in the software. The categories are customizable, and you can easily make edits . you can also generate customized reports.

Inconvénients

When I am entering a new customer, I would like to have more options on the main screen, such as the initial customer date and notes instead of having multiple screens to click through, it would make it easier to be able to see all the data on one screen.

• Secteur d'activité : Marketing et publicité

Publié le 11/09/2018

very good overall

i believe the key word is "control" of the business finances through generally simple, user-friendly management of income, expenses, financial reports and tax preparations for the accounting firm.

Avantages

generally user-friendly even for those like I who are not accounting-knowledgeable, good, patient, friendly accounting/tech support. although MYOB ownership and name has changed over the years, service quality, continuity and evolution has been smooth and positive.

Inconvénients

a little expensive for a single person business and a couple of times there have been two situations where accounting support instructions to solution have not worked - albeit only twice over all these years.

Meredith

Publié le 17/05/2019

CPA is Baffled.

The invoicing functions work well, creating and sending pdf invoices via Outlook. Creating custom forms such as checks, invoices, statements is easy; I color-code them so customers can easily distinguish an INVOICE (red) from a RECEIPT (green) and so on. Most of the reports work, but I need to upload many to Excel to manipulate the data (to report retained earnings, for example). There is no option to strip the "pretty" formatting on BalSh or Income reports, so to make them functional you need to remove all that formatting (extra blank lines, merged cells, extra blank columns, multiple font colors, shading). This is annoying and unavoidable as far as I can tell. Their "Knowledge Base" and other support, including videos, is just sad. The live customer support when I first subscribed had a complete lack of understanding of accounting. A recent bug required me to send my entire file (a zipped backup) and take a week off while they repaired it and send back a "FIXED" copy. They didn't charge me, but I had to give employees pay advances and pre-pay bills to completely quit bookkeeping for a week. New ownership based in Israel may have improved customer service but I can't verify. There are payroll reports that accurately calc. 941s and W-2s and others but you have to use the numbers to complete the IRS forms online unless you want to buy the reporting program separately. I find the non-submittable reports work fine for doing the online forms and printing for my files.

Avantages

After three years I'm comfortable with the daily use of AccountEdge. I used my failing Peachtree to calculate payroll for the first year and entered the numbers manually. Now I use the payroll subscription, which is not as flexible as I would like but it works. (I don't need the uploaded rates and could easily enter them manually.) I emailed a note about my frustration with manually calculating different matching and withholding SIMPLE rates for different employees and the answer completely solved the problem--the program now issues perfect paychecks and tax reports. This was one of two customer service experiences that were positive

Inconvénients

My CPA finds it incomprehensible. As a corporation we carry profits and losses forward as retained earnings and are not required by law to distribute profits as dividends. AccountEdge does not allow me (or my CPA using his copy) to make the year-end adjustment to Retained Earnings reports so we can't know where we stand. I want to retire and sell or hand off the business but can't produce accurate reports via AccountEdge.
Also I detest the automatic numbering feature for payments (it's great for invoicing) and wish that could be optionally turned off. I pay at least half our bills online and record the confirmation number in the check number space, which is especially handy for reconciling half a dozen monthly federal and state tax payments to my bank--and to verify that I sent the payments! A great many confirmation numbers (IRS, Colorado payroll, unemployment, credit cards, FedEx, Comcast) exceed the maximum 8 digits allowed for check numbers. (I can enter the full numbers in the memo space.) It is obvious to me that the program had its origins in Apple/Mac as it has automatic functions that actually hamper accounting. It doesn't integrate with our estimating software as does QuickBooks so I may end up just using it for payroll (to avoid that Quick Books cost).

Karen

my program

it's great for custom reports, breaking down expenses for each job, setting up vendors and customers with custom pricing, discounts, shipping, and tax information as well as detailed contact information.

Avantages

It is very easy to set up your company. It is very easy to navigate through the program. It has all the features that the big name overpriced software companies have and more. It works great for our air conditioning company with accounting that can be broken down by jobs. The payroll service is very easy to use and they keep it updated all the time. I think I have only called customer support 2 times and both times they had my questions answered right then. I would recommend this software to anyone needing to breakdown your accounting for custom reports, job tracking, employee handling.

Inconvénients

The one pet peeve I have is that most of the payroll reports don't have totals you have to export them to excel and reconfigure them to get your totals or total everything by hand. Some of the reports they way they are laid out make it very hard to reconfigure them in excel. It doesn't let you access history more than two years so you have to look up on your back ups if you need to find something older.

Scott

Publié le 13/01/2017

Best Accounting Software Ever!!

I've been using AccountEdge Pro since it came out. before that I was using MYOB. I have tried QuickBooks and Quicken and frankly AccountEdge Pro works like I think. Entering Invoices, and purchases is simple and quick and updates my inventory. All of my bank accounts, credit cards, loans, lines are easily reconciled and auto payments keeps them updated. At the end of the year my accountant gets a copy of my file, reviews it, gives me accountant adjustments to enter, and completes my taxes. If I wanted, I could just print out any report he needs easily and he could complete the taxes with those reports. but since he is a AccountEdge Certified CPA he offers to do a complete review and helps guide me on setting things up correctly. I can run my business instead of having to be or having to hire an accountant for daily, and weekly bookkeeping!!

Avantages

Flexibility to adapt it to my business needs.

Inconvénients

?? In over 20 years of using the versions of this software any cons I had are gone because the developers listen an input users ideas and suggestions.

Barbara
  • Secteur d'activité : Équipement et fournitures de bureau

Happy customer.

I can do our own payroll. Our accountant is only needed at the end of the year to do our overall business taxes. She is happy with the way that information is presented.

Avantages

I have been using this software for years. It keeps track of all the payroll information the is needed for doing payroll yourself. Very simple to use.

Inconvénients

It may be a user error, but I wish I could delete items in inventory easier or change the items name. We are Sharp dealers and sometimes product numbers change and I would like to get our inventory lists shorter to keep the file smaller.

Réponse de Acclivity

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your review.

In response to your inventory issues, you can delete an item as long as the quantity on hand is zero and can not be pending on any invoices. You would also need to purge old transitions that have this item on it.

You should be able to change the Item name/number easily by going into your Item List and clicking on the item, just click on the Name or Item Number field that you would like to change.

If you need additional help, you can reach out technical support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Répondu le 13/09/2018
  • Secteur d'activité : Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif

Publié le 05/12/2016

Terrific accounting software for volunteer treasurer's

AccountEdge Pro and earlier products all the way back to earlier software products have provided a way for me to serve as a volunteer treasurer at my church, homeowners association and civic association over many years. AccountEdge Pro provides all the features needed in an easy to use, fully integrated, efficient package for the accounting needs of the organizations I've helped. Closing each year and moving on to the next is done in a matter of a few minutes. The reports can be customized so everyone can easily understand the financial situation of the organization. Each year the product has improved. I've only needed support a few times over the last 15 or so years, but each time the support was easy to get and those helping were pleasant and knowledgeable, unlike my experience with other product's support when trying to get help with that I use for my personal finances. When I've handed off my duties to others, moving from the Mac environment I use to the Windows environment others use has gone smoothly. I strongly recommend AccountEdge Pro for anyone needing a robust, complete, usable, multi-platform accounting solution made up of superb software, top-notch support, affordable cost, flexible reporting and great human engineering. AccountEdge allows me to do quickly and easily take care of my organization's accounting needs.

Avantages

Flexibility, efficiency, ease of use, support, efficiency.

Inconvénients

There are so many features that sometimes I get lost in the choices, especially the reporting choices.

• Secteur d'activité : Photographie

Publié le 11/09/2018

Longtime user. Could be better, but has been solid for us.

Generally good. Been using it for over a decade and it meets the needs of our publishing and consulting business just fine.

Avantages

Fairly customizable to meet our unique needs. Love that payroll and inventory tracking are built in, not some extra service. Also tax forms (which are an additional fee), and credit card processing (but would be nice to use Stripe instead). Just added kits for inventory, which is long overdue. Basically it's one stop shop for us and meets all accounting, inventory, POS needs for phone sales.

Inconvénients

That it is not an entirely online software solution so that we could easily (at no extra cost) access and work with data anywhere. That it does not integrate seamlessly with our ecommerce software (only works with Shopify, which is a more expensive and less flexible option than Bigcommerce). The tax form should integrate more seamlessly and be part of the monthly support fee.

Gary
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

Publié le 02/12/2016

Great Small Business Accounting Software

I love AccountEdge. AccountEdge I consider the best small and medium business software on the market.
Beyond AccountEdge, I have used and taught other people Peachtree, Sage, Quickbooks, and Simply Accounting. So I have experience with a lot of accounting software.
1 - AccountEdge has AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Time Billing, and Inventory all built in.
2 - Payroll processing and basic tax forms, can be done by yourself without having pay extra (They only charge to update tax tables)
3 - They have free iPhone and iPad apps
4 - The software does Retainers / Escrow / Trusts
5 - The software has UPS shipping integration built in for no extra charge
6 - Multiple Location Inventory Tracking for no extra charge
7 - The file is cross platform, its the same for both Mac and Windows
8 - You can get a free copy of program for your accountant
9 - You can import and export most the data
10-The feature set is equilivant to the higher end versions of Sage and Quickbooks.
11-Accountedge is a lot cheaper.

Avantages

Ease of use for the number of features

Inconvénients

Slow performance during some functions.

Jill
  • Secteur d'activité : Comptabilité

Publié le 12/09/2018

Best accounting software out there!

I've used several different accounting programs and am forced to use two others right now at different clients, and AccountEdge wins hands down. I can do so much more, in a logical and intelligent way, than with the other programs: reports, searches, even simple transactions like checks, deposits, journal entries--they all make much more sense in AccountEdge.

Avantages

It makes sense--the reports and searches are logical and easy to figure out. It's easy to find your way around. It can keep you from making stupid mistakes like duplicating a vendor or customer card, but if you do, you can merge the cards. The check and invoice forms are completely customizable.

Inconvénients

I didn't like having to open old data files to get information from prior years, but now the program allows you to keep transactions from the last eight years, I believe. I still have to restore old files from time to time, though.

Brad
  • Secteur d'activité : Logiciels

So many functions… and stable for 13 years use now

We are a software company with most of our business taking place online. I do regular reconciliation of hundreds of thousands of transactions… consolidating them into AccountEdge weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. In addition we have lots of direct customers that pay by Purchase Order. We drop-ship a number of hardware products from various vendors.

Avantages

They are constantly updating the software and I've only had one data "glitch" in the 13 years I've run the software (with hundreds of thousands of sales invoices/quotes/purchase orders/transactions… and that one problem was rectified by their support team very quickly.

Inconvénients

I love that they add new features yearly, but typically I don't find the features as useful as I'd find others. They are always willing to take feedback however, and I look forward to some of my suggestions being implemented.

I also wish the network edition worked on Windows.

Emily

Publié le 10/09/2018

Easy to use but a few quirks that annoy me each month

Overall AccountEdge makes my business bookkeeping simple-- I've used Quickbooks for other clients and I really do prefer the way AccountEdge handles billing for a daily service industry (we are in landscape maintenance). I wish the mobile technology allowed my husband to see more customer info when he is in the field, but we are able to work around that typically.

Avantages

Ease of use for progress billing, I am able to bill daily sales in an easy to use format helping me not lose revenue by missing charges to customers

Inconvénients

No ability to show customer total outstanding balance without a statement. I also think the reconciling process is clunky for bank statements and credit cards. My deposits show twice when I group them for a bank deposit slip and customer balances can be inaccurate on "cards".

Bonnie
  • Secteur d'activité : Emballage et conteneurs

AccountEdge Pro review

We have used AccountEdge for over 20 years. (When it was originally MYOB). It works with our small business very well for the price we pay. We tried another software that cost 10 times as much and it wasn't user friendly at all and had a lot of issues. Will stay with AccountEdge.

Avantages

It is easy to use and figure out even without a manual

Inconvénients

The inventory module puts a reversing entry in when you receive material and you have to take it out.

Réponse de Acclivity

Hi Bonnie,

Our Inventory tracking in AccountEdge should not be requiring you to manually make any changes because of a reversing entry.

I spoke with our technical support team and they would need more details to fully understand what is happening in the software.

You can reach out to our support team at accountedge.com/help for free to get this figured out.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Répondu le 13/09/2018

Publié le 09/01/2018

AccountEdge for Mac

AccountEdge is a solid Accounting System, however, the Paid support is lacking. The support Staff are not overly familiar with the product they are supposed to be supporting, and you are put on hold constantly why they "research" your issue.

Avantages

AccountEdge for Mac is a solid Accounting Program. It allows me to keep track of everything financially related to my company. It also allows me to do my own Payroll, which is helpful.

Inconvénients

The product does not support iOS devices very well. It has not updated its AccountEdge for iPhone application to keep up with its competitors. My Personal iBank iPhone application integrates seamlessly to my Desktop program, allowing me to keep track of my finances in real time, on the go.

Neil

Publié le 22/12/2016

Best Accounting Package Out There!

I am a former QB for Mac user. After spending countless hours on the phone with customer support (from India), and not being able to under stand the tech or being able to get them to understand my software problem, I decided to look for a better accounting package.
I found it with AccountEdge Pro. The software is easy to set up! It works great! And customer support is FANTASTIC!
Whenever my company changes or I forget how to do something, I call customer support. If they are busy they will call me back. When I am on with customer support, they are english speaking from New Jersey. Lets just say they are "Made in America". They have always helped me with my problem.
I have been with AccountEdge Pro for several years. You can't go wrong with this software company. I love these guys.

Avantages

It is easy to use and meets all of my needs.

Nothing

Glen
  • Secteur d'activité : Automobile

Publié le 10/09/2018

AccountEdge Pro/The best ever!

I have had this software since early 90's when it was MYOB (Mind Your Own Business). Loved the name! I had already gotten Quicken and was lost from the start. I didn't even install it to my computer, it was so confusing. MYOB/AccountEdge was so easy to set up. It took me no time at all to be up and running. I waited a year or so to get the payroll module... what a mistake. I should have gotten it at the same time... again... easy , easy , easy. I was spending hours upon hours doing payroll, withholding, employee records...etc... got set up... now it only takes me minutes. Love it!

Avantages

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to understand, just plain easy.

Inconvénients

It has too much? lol. I don't use a lot of the features that are available, but if I need something, it is there.

Sandra

Great Customer Support

Avantages

I manager the office of a small company. We were using QuickBooks. Since their customer support was less than helpful and not based in the States, when we switched our computer system, I switched our accounting software to AccountEdge. The three big keys for me was that AccountEdge had customer service available here in the States that can be reached easily with a phone call, the price is reasonable, and they have a decent program.

Inconvénients

Corrections and adjustments are more difficult to make.

88 avis