Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Brightspace

Brightspace de D2L est un système LMS (Learning Management System) basé sur le cloud qui aide les instituts d'enseignement primaire et secondaire, les établissements d'enseignement supérieur et les entreprises à organiser des...

En savoir plus

197 avis sur 197
Classer par :
Melissa

Publié le 05/04/2019

Best used for online courses

I have not had any problems using Brightspace or D2L. I think the user interface is easy to learn and it is easy to find where I need to be to make assignments, grade submissions, and more. The system allows you to work as the administrator/faculty/teacher/instructor/ but also allows you to switch to the student view, which enables you to see what your students will see. I like that feature! It is extremely easy to upload files and images and adding hyperlinks is also a breeze, allowing you to choose the new window to open within the course or on a separate page. Even when they update the software, I find it very easy to learn the new applications. I have used a few other systems in the past and I really do like Brightspace and D2L over the others.

Avantages

I found this software very easy to use and pretty intuitive. It is fresh looking on the screen and I've not had any issues with the system not working as it should.

Inconvénients

There are a few extra clicks that have to take place in some parts of the software to get back to where you want to be. That is somewhat annoying, but a minor issue.

Shanyce
  • Secteur d'activité : Cabinets médicaux
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Publié le 24/05/2022

One of the Best Softwares to Use as a Student

Avantages

What I liked most was the simple and effective organization. It was a software that was definitely created in mind to set students up to succeed. Firstly, the way the Chapters, sections, topics, and individual assignments were organized on the side was something that was consistent for each of the subjects I was studying. Then on the top bar, you were able to click on pages that would essentially "filter" the types of class material. You could see all the assessments in one place, all the assignments in one place, and your grades. On top of that, every single thing was linked back to the corresponding item. For example, if you couldn't recall what "assignment 2" was when looking at it in the gradebook, you were able to click it and redirect it to the original post. There was also notifications for when assignments were open and reminders for when exams and homework was due. As someone who has used canvas, blackboard, google classrooms, and a few other softwares for school, these functions were not common. There were also times where it would be extremely hard and confusing to navigate. However I never ran into that issue with D2L.

Inconvénients

It is hard to find any qualms about D2L Brightspace, there is nothing negative I've noticed the entire time I have been using the software.

Publié le 08/11/2018

Poor excuse for a modern LMS

No benefits realized.
Purely a frustrating experience having to use this LMS to manage my post-secondary classes.

Nothing at all.
The LMS has a LONG list of features but nearly all of them are poorly designed and frustrating to use.
I have moved back to old solutions that I used before I was given this piece of software.
Clearly no teachers with any experience were consulted in the design of this.
There was a huge opportunity for D2L when they moved from their old solution to a new Cloud based one. They missed the opportunity

Inconvénients

The interface was not intuitive. There were very few clear best practices in the interface. The way that you complete tasks changes depending on which part of the interface you are using.
Non-technical users will become quickly frustrated with the number of steps required to complete even the most basic of tasks.
The interface feels like it was built by different groups of developers and designers who didn't communicate with each other. Every developer had their own idea about how to accomplish a task.
Many default options are counter to what an actual teacher would need in their day-to-day tasks.
Nothing in the interface saves you work.
Every task prolongs how long it takes me to do something.
After months of trying to use this tool I have given up and am now searching for alternative tools that make my life easier not harder.

Réponse de D2L

We're sorry to hear you're having problems with Brightspace and want to help. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can discuss the challenges you're having and get you some help.

Répondu le 20/11/2018

Les meilleures alternatives à Brightspace

Blackboard Collaborate

Blackboard Learn

Nathan

Publié le 11/06/2021

Aesthetically Pleasing and Easy to Use

We have been able to boost productivity consistency, and quality using Brightspace. It is easier to build out courses and map them in a simple hierarchy. Course templating allows us to ensure consistency when building copies of courses or new versions.
Brightspace has also allowed us to automate a number of functions we would normally need to perform in terms of student management, which has freed up personnel for other tasks but also removed human error from the equation.

Avantages

Brightspace is very intuitive; users can jump into the LMS and figure out what they need to do with little to no instructions.
I like the power it gives admins to build in automation and customize how students work through the course. This is done via intelligent agents and release conditions.
Brightspace just looks great. Is the most aesthetically pleasing LMS on the market as far as I have seen.

Inconvénients

The platform seems more geared toward traditional schooling systems rather than asynchronous models at times. For example, there is no easy way for students to add their own due dates to assessments; they can only be added for the entire course, which does not work when students are all pacing differently. Brightspace for Parents is also not as strong as I would have expected. There seems to be limited features and out parents are just not really interested in using it.

Alternatives envisagées

Edsby, CANVAS et Schoology

Pourquoi choisir Brightspace

We were looking for something that worked well out of the box. D2L manages all of the updating of the system, hosting, etc. Using something like Moodle requires at least one person on the team with a strong tech background. Brightspace can be run with little to no tech experience.

Logiciel antérieur

Moodle LMS

Pourquoi passer à Brightspace

We felt Brightspace packed in the most functionality and also looked (and felt the best).
Natalie
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 201-500 employés

Publié le 13/10/2019

Simple for students, set up takes work

Very happy with it from a student side when the faculty take time to set it up. But setting up a good classroom can be more work than teaching.

Avantages

Have used Brighspace as a student and as a faculty. As long as the faculty sets it up well it is exceedingly easy to navigate. The features really benefit the educational experience.

Inconvénients

Setting up the individual course takes time. I felt like I needed to be a coder to actually use to features. We have two full time hired staff to help keep the online classes in this running. Also, the email is ridiculously complicated.

Ho'omana Nathan
  • Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 18/09/2019

Brightspace works well enough, but doesn't have great documentation

I wish there was a little more documentation available. Brightspace is incredibly powerful, but the most powerful tools are pretty opaque to use and quite a few of them are hidden pretty deep in the settings.

Avantages

Brightspace offers a great LMS with lots of options for customization. You can completely run an online or in-person class with ease using Brightspace. Everything from assignments to discussions to grading to groupwork is integrated.

Inconvénients

Brightspace isn't especially user-friendly and there's a pretty steep learning curve. Also, there aren't a lot of good tools for collaborative work, and I typically rely on Google Drive for when I want to have students collaborate.

Lequinta
  • Secteur d'activité : Relations publiques et communications

Publié le 27/07/2022

Bright space Review

Avantages

Module functions are easy to use. Great for asynchronous learning. Easy to copy over content each semester.

Inconvénients

Turn it on doesn't work on pdfs. Students struggle to see answers on quizzes.

Yannick

Publié le 03/12/2018

A satisfactory LMS with areas for improvement

Avantages

- UI has been modernized and made responsive
- useful on a large scale

- no integration with PeopleSoft
- administrative functions are not user-friendly; functions hidden behind too many buttons
- lack of up-to-date documentation
- very expensive

Joanne

Publié le 11/04/2019

BrightSpace

Avantages

A helpful platform for managing online courses. I especially like the ability for professors to create a checklist for each module.

Inconvénients

Some of the email messaging features are a little clunky.

Allen
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 11-50 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 29/12/2022

Brightspace Learning

Avantages

Great platform for continuing education. The PGA of Canada course are well laid out

Inconvénients

Nothing negative to report from my experience with the software

Candace

Publié le 21/07/2018

As a student, Brightspace/D2L gave me the opportunity to take classes I couldn't fit in my...

I have gained the ability to take some higher-level courses online which are necessary for college admissions/success, which I could not fit into my senior year schedule due to being a busy student!

Avantages

I love that I can take these classes outside of school. I am currently taking four classes on Brightspace (Sociology, Psychology, Spanish III Semesters 1 & 2) because I could not fit them into my schedule for my senior year. In addition, each class comes with a "90 Day Plan" in the course materials, which helps keep me on track; I try to do more per day than what is on the plan, as I'm trying to get most of the workload finished before school starts again.
This brings me to my next point: Working at my own speed! As evidenced by my taking four classes over the summer, I am an advanced student who is serious about her education. Brightspace gives students the flexibility of working at their own speed. Although a "90 Day Plan" is offered as a guideline, there are no daily requirements set by the software itself. As a high schooler, some days I'm just busy, plain and simple. I don't have to worry about fulfilling a daily requirement with Brightspace. Again, the flexibility of completing online courses at my own pace is invaluable to a busy student like myself.

Inconvénients

There's not much to complain about with this software. However, there is one issue I face on the daily with Brightspace. When working on a lesson, every now and again there will be a little box that pops up warning the user that if the session exceeds 30 minutes of inactivity, they will be logged out and will have to log back in again. I understand that it is set to do this for security reasons, but it is incredibly annoying when I'm taking notes on the lesson (which takes a decent amount of time) to have to be wary of the pop up appearing.

Publié le 28/02/2022

Brightspace Brightens my Class

Avantages

Brightspace is very easy to navigate and customize. It looks very nice and many uses familiar with something like Wordpress will have a pretty easy time. It is also in many ways similar to other popular social media platforms for students, I imagine, they are pretty comfortable with a platforms like this. Managing grades, assignments and embedding external links is very organic. There are some great tutorials too form D2L. It's also similar enough to other platforms that if you are migrating from another system, this shouldn't have too much of a learning curve. I love how easy it is to build a template course and transition various components or modules to a new one.

Inconvénients

My only con is purely subjective, but I have had issues with embedded links like videos. I find it very hard to remove items from the Grades section (the gradebook). I constantly have to view a tutorial because it is so roundabout to remove an item from that section.

• Secteur d'activité : Hôpitaux et soins de santé
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 19/07/2019

Fantastic for everyone from beginners to people who want to do some unique activities and...

Avantages

I was recently employed by Texas Christian University as an adjunct professor, and this was the first time I had ever taught a class at a different university. I had never used Brightspace before and to be honest I was a little bit overwhelmed with it at first. There are so many different functions and options that at first glance it seems like it will take months to learn. However, I think their help section is really user friendly and within a day I had my class pretty much set up. I love all of the more advanced grading features and automatic % calculations that this does, it saves so much time as I used to do this all in Excel. Also, I was only on campus once/week and was driving from over 40 minutes away on days that I was there. So, having office hours on days off was pretty much not going to happen. However, Brightspace has an amazing feature that can connect you to students over video chat from anywhere! This allowed me to have more personal 1-on-1 time with students who needed help while not having to drive all the way to campus!

Inconvénients

There is quite a bit of a learning curve to get to the more complex stuff, but after you learn it your productivity skyrockets.

Tiffany
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 10 000+ employés

Publié le 10/02/2019

Best Software for Universities to use!

Absolutely one of the best softwares for courses on the market. Highly recommend and it is used at the top universities in the country.

Avantages

D2L is the most organized and functional software for universities to use. Students have one place to access all their courses and find all information they need. Using d2L, professors post all the content from their course and organize it however they want. Quizzes, discussions, and assignment drop boxes are found on D2L as well. D2L provides easy online accessibility for both teachers and students, making going to school a much easier task.

Inconvénients

The due dates for assignments get confusing, not sure if thats a user error via professors, but they always seem to have to email student to say they don't know how to change the due date for certain assignments.

Ben
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et technologies de l'information

Publié le 20/11/2018

Great for Online Learning

As a student my expirience with Brightspace has been nothing but positive.

Avantages

As a college student, I have used D2L for 3 years. I have taken a handful of all online classes whose only presence was via Brightspace. Brightspace has created a really nice online environment for classes, you can host all your content there, provide quizzes/tests within Brightspace. Theres even a discussion board for talking with other class members or the instructor. I like being able to work at my own pace, which is what an online class provides, and Brightspace provides all the features to host a well developed online class.

Inconvénients

Auto-saving responses on tests doesn't work always. This is a relatively new feature though so, I'm sure it will get fixed soon.

Ray
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés

Publié le 30/10/2020

Brightspace - excellent upgrade from D2L

Very convenient platform for distance education especially useful in the midst of the COVID pandemic, particularly ease of including images and video in course materials. Allowed us to manage course materials, provide timely quizzes, and manage student grades.

Has addressed many prior user problems experienced with D2L
Well-ordered, clean user interface
Easy to design different courses, quizzes, and tests with minimal investment of time.
Excellent grading features that calculate percentages easily.
Can easily switch from teacher view to student view to check the layout and identify problems before finalizing content.

Inconvénients

Some of the menus are not intuitive. ie) I had trouble figuring out how to include deadline dates for assignments after which the software would no longer accept submissions.
UI interface is too spread out- it doesn't make efficient use of space on small screen tablets.

Esther
  • Secteur d'activité : Psychologie
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 20/11/2020

Brightspace as Virtual Classroom

Overall, Brightspace offers a consistent user interface for students learning virtually and for instructors managing classrooms online.

Avantages

I've used Brightspace (D2L) for the past 3 years as part of teaching responsibilities at a University I work for. I find the integration of video and multimedia assignment types and rubrics to be well integrated and relatively user friendly.

Inconvénients

Integration with external apps such as Bongo can be somewhat disjointed, but this has gotten better in the last year. Transcription of video has also improved.

Publié le 14/08/2021

Top Tier LMS

Avantages

It’s extremely customizable, but no matter how each course might be built, there is a feeling of familiarity. I love the assessments, open ended plugins to embed for my faculty, user support, and the student experience.

I really love the course builder. It’s an easy to use yet extremely effective tool.

Inconvénients

I would say the fact that it is so customizable and open ended at first is daunting to faculty. However with proper training and support, my faculty have really excelled with the LMS.

Shickre

Publié le 28/03/2015

I use D2L as my primary LMS for my courses both online and on campus.

Avantages

Format, structure, and ease of use in navigating the site. I like how it is easy to drag and drop files, and if a mistake is made, to erase the file. I also like the Dropbox feature and how students receive a confirmation they have successfully uploaded a file. Though other faculty may have not liked the change, I very much like how you can move through student discussion posts to read their responses. The menu on the side allowing us to click on posts and to see which ones we haven't read yet is a big help. (Please do not change the discussion board.)

Inconvénients

I do not really like the email client. I find it tough to easily search through email, though it is a minor complaint. I have most of my email forwarded to Outlook and use its search feature when needed.

Peter
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 27/11/2018

Feature rich, but not intuitive, LMS

Avantages

The customer support team is excellent, providing very helpful advice and bug fixes almost at a whim! Whenever we've had a problem, Brightspace were they almost instantly to lend a hand.
There are a huge list of features on offer, allowing for a wide variety of lessons and exercises be taught.
The session in-activity is incredibly useful, we use this in shared-classrooms where its not guaranteed that the user will log-out when finished.

Inconvénients

Not very easy to use, buttons and tools seem to be hidden away either within a menu or a seemingly random location.
Communicating with attendees via Brightspace is a pain, there isn't an easy way to send out bulk emails to students. There is some automated process here, but just sending out a basic text email to all students on a course would be very useful.

Publié le 07/11/2017

Satisfied but disappointed that some advance features cost so much more to impliment.

Avantages

Flexible and versatile. Provides many basic features that facilitate the learning of students in our K-12 DL school. Students and parents find it easy to use and teachers find it easy to provide quality content in their courses.

Inconvénients

Difficult to get specific detailed help on specific issues particular to our K-12 organization. Help to implement single sign on and Google integration to our Education Google Apps account seems difficult to get.

Publié le 12/02/2019

Brightspace is user friendly from a faculty perspective

Avantages

The ease of use. Some of it may be how my university has set it up for the faculty, but I can jump right into a classroom and figure out what to do next. Grading is easy.

Inconvénients

I think the Discussion area could be set up a little more user friendly. For instance, It's a little hard to see what discussions have been responded to and where I need to put my focus in responding back to students.

Jess

Publié le 11/10/2018

Love it

Avantages

I love BrightSpace. My old school switched from another LMS that did not have near as many features as BrightSpace. I was happy to learn that my new school also uses BrightSpace.

Inconvénients

I cannot think of any cons about BrightSpace. However, starting a job at another school after using BrightSpace taught me that it is very important that it is set up right. My new school is not using many of the features that my old school uses. I think it is important to make sure that each school sets it up to make sure that students are able to get everything they can from it.

Christine
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant Essai gratuit

Publié le 17/12/2021

Brightspace Review

It's a good experience! It's a very simple program that is good to use.

Avantages

The software is very easy to use. Easy to access quizzes, assignments, grades, and track your progress. It's also very easy to see announcements and any work you need to get done.

Inconvénients

Sometimes the site would be down if there was too much traffic but that rarely ever happened.

Jessica

Publié le 04/09/2018

Smooth Transition and Adaptable Interface

Overall smooth transition with nicely organized rubric.

Avantages

My university was previously using Blackboard before switching to Brightspace. During the transition we were able to explore and train in the new Brightspace course shells. The menu organization and dashboard tools are wonderfully intuitive, and I can easily switch between multiple courses.

Inconvénients

While adaptable, there is some jumping required in some of the thread grading. I would love to see that set up become more harmonious with fewer windows to navigate.

197 avis