Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Kareo Billing

Kareo is a web-based medical billing and practice management solution used by medical practitioners and physicians across the United States. The system suits small practices and billing companies. With Kareo, practices can...

En savoir plus

Évaluations des fonctionnalités

Parcourir les avis sur Kareo Billing

573 avis sur 573
Classer par :
Teegan F.

Publié le 12/08/2019

Great EHR with room for improvement for natural healthcare providers

Using Kareo has been a overall great experience. It does almost everything we want it to do well, and the few things it needs to improve it at least allows you to do partially.

Avantages

I love the layout of Kareo. The dashboard is great and offers a lot of functionality while still looking clean and professional. The clinical portion is great as it shows all the sections of the note on one page. The ability to add and remove sections is also very useful. The interaction checker is nice, but needs improvement. The iPad app is really slick and I preferring using it when adjusting my patients (Chiropractor), as it allows me to quickly tap on each segment I'm adjusting from a list.

Inconvénients

There is very little support for natural products/supplements in Kareo. You CAN make it work, but it's definitely not easy - requiring manually entering every single product you wish to recommend in the "Drug Favorites" section.

Tracy G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Psychologie
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant plus d'un an

Publié le 13/11/2020

Kareo has great reporting

Kareo has been an improvement from our previous software. I appreciate that the cost each month has been predictable and fair.

Avantages

The reporting capabilities and customization of reporting is the most valuable feature to us. We are able to give our clients a more comprehensive view of the financial health of their practice. Contract management reports and analysis reports help us to give suggestions and analyze the data coming in so that providers and practice managers can see how claims are processing and where the money is coming from and going to.

Inconvénients

The ERA enrollment process has been a nightmare. I feel like this process was not adequately described to us, and it has been dramatically more time consuming and labor-intensive than we thought it would be. Customer support has been inconsistent. In some circumstances, the representatives have been very helpful, but in others, they have been disconnected and unable to adequately resolve issues.

David B.

Publié le 04/05/2021

Kareo Billing Review

Very satisfied

Avantages

Very easy to use software. The installation and set up was seamless.

Inconvénients

A few glitches on the online payment platform. Patient are told to sign into the patient portal to see an itemized statement. That is not possible if only using the billing platform as a standalone module.

Kyle S.

Publié le 08/09/2020

Run Away. Kareo is Awful and Could Ruin Your Practice. It Nearly Ruined Ours. Stay Away.

Horrible. Kareo managed billing was absolutely horrible. We lost tens and tens of thousands of dollars to incompetence and mistakes. Collections were so bad it nearly cost us our practice. We were told they had knowledgeable billers and coders, but the opposite was true. It got so bad that Kareo has to sell off their managed billing department, which took this nightmare to a whole new level. We are still trying to clean up the messes that they made. But there was only so much we could do and the providers never got paid. The people who took over said that they had never seen such gross incompetence.

Avantages

Nothing. The interface is modern looking, but it hides the abominable lack of functionality. The EHR is a poorly thought out and is missing basic functionality. The whole system is clunky and you and your staff will waste countless hoursuyiuyi

Inconvénients

I do not have enough room to write a complete list of how terrible Kareo is. Basically, the EHR is a poorly thought out and is missing basic functionality. The whole system is clunky and you and your staff will waste countless hours trying to create work arounds. Your system will go down in the middle of your clinic and you have no recourse. During a particularly bad couple of days of no and/or unusably slow service, we had no choice but to close our office.
Kareo will say they are fixing issues or updating functionality, but the fixes are generally meaningless and the updates are mostly ineffectual. Customer support is also terrible. The calendar is very poor and does not interface with well with the rest of the EHR. In just one example, we were having issues with Kareo creating ghost appointments and randomly deleting patient appointments. It was throwing our practice into disarray because nobody could figure out what was happening. Imagine your patients being emailed for appointments they don’t have and showing up for clinic on random days or patients not showing up at all even though they are on the calendar. Kareo knew about the problem, saw what was happening and could not fix it. . It was yet another Kareo glitch due to the badly executed and buggy software. This is just one example among dozens of how Kareo will make it very expensive and difficult to successfully run your practice.

Réponse de Kareo

Hello Kyle, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience and truly value your feedback. It is important to us to understand where we may be falling short so we can continue to focus on providing a world-class experience for our customers. Although our managed billing solution is now managed by a separate company, this was not due to inadequate management or a lack of customer focus.

Regarding our EHR, we apologize that we were not a fit for your practice. Kareo has offered our EHR solution for years and we are proud that customers have consistently utilized our system as a tool to provide simple and reliable patient care. Although we did have latency issues recently, these have been resolved and we are constantly working to ensure we learn from these experiences.

We see that you have been in communication with our loyalty team, and they will continue to assist you with any questions or concerns.

Best,
Kare

Répondu le 30/09/2020
Leah R.

Publié le 16/03/2021

Thoughts on Kareo

Overall Kareo is a great product

Avantages

I have been using Kareo since 2012 and it has been very easy to use. The scheduler is very user friendly and east to navigate. I also use the billing end of it as well . I like that it populates the statements that are to be sent as well as the secondary claims that medicare sometimes does not forward.

Inconvénients

I have had patients complain that the appointment reminder calls were not easily understood and did not give specific information about the doctor for the appointment.

Jan G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 28/01/2021

Kareo for ParkerPT

It is a wonderful product to house medical billing information. You have easy access and may reports and tools to access when managing patient accounts. I love the on-boarding. I felt it was helpful and very comprehensive. I wish there were opportunities to work with this group to learn what is new or old that I could benefit from knowing. There is so much this system can do and I just don't feel like I am taking advantage of all the features because I don't use or remember to use from our initial training sessions.

Avantages

The software is very intuitive and I like all the options you have but don't have to pay for unless you use. Being a small business we are always looking for ways to increase productivity and save money.

Inconvénients

Posting of ERA. This has not been improved since we began using 10+ years ago and if it has then I missed the memo. You have to address each individual date of service verses reviewing and have post automatically. I would even be happy to setup default selections to make posting quicker. Also would like a resource to assist with rejection error messages that would provide suggested issues. Current messages can be very cryptic.

Michele M.
  • Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
  • Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 04/08/2020

Billing Softare Tried and True

I have had an amazing experience with Kareo. Of course like any software program you will have hiccups and bumps in the road but after working in the medical billing industry for almost 15 years I can say that Kareo has been the best software program I have used!

Avantages

The feature I like most about Kareo is the built in eligibility feature. Not having to login to numerous portals to check eligibility makes my job 10X easier!

Inconvénients

I wish Kareo would not make you get out of the pt insurance info area to check the pts eligibility. This happened with the newest update and it is not very efficient at all. Also the same with adding a new Medicare policy, you have to get out of the insurance area and go back in to check hospice, the drop down box won't work unless you do this. Not efficient at all.
I would also like to see Kareo automatically capitalize pt demographics when you are entering them, all other software programs I have used have this feature built into them.

Suzanne J.

Publié le 14/02/2020

REVIEW OF KAREO

Kareo has made billing a smooth process and accounts receivable is manageable in a timely fashion. Any issues are clearly identified and resolved.

Avantages

The ability to perform a little extra claim scrubbing on the front end and also simple explanations for any rejections or denials.

Inconvénients

The system gets very slow periodically and we are not able to use the document storage because it slows it down even more.

Jytte H.

Publié le 18/10/2019

Kareo billing system and EHR.

Avantages

Integrates seamlessly with the EHR documentation system I use. Electronic billing with submission of clean claims 99.99% of the time.

Inconvénients

Posting payments from EOB does not always reconcile requiring a manual time consuming correction.

Utilisateur vérifié

Publié le 08/08/2019

Kareo - The most user friendly billing software I have encountered

When I initially saw the layout of Kareo I love it. All of the tabs are clearly labeled and I was able to navigate the software without any training. However once we started posting and applying payments, it began to get tricky. Since we were new to the software Kareo supplied someone to come out and train our employees and his personal line so we were able to call him whenever we have questions. That was a great help. We also enjoyed their training videos supplied on Kareo university.

Avantages

It is a clean looking software and is very quick. It is very quick and easy to input payments and make notes on the payments. It is also easy to look at the AR to see what was denied, pending, etc. Most of the denials also have codes that help us figure out why it has not been paid.

Inconvénients

Some parts of the program are confusing and not intuitive. Applying payments seems like it is a more extensive process than it needs to be. Calling for customer service is also a pain because I am often on hold for a long time, at least 30 minutes, and the people I am calling often do not seem knowledgeable.

Shirley W.

Publié le 19/02/2020

Easy to learn and use

When we first went to Kareo, we were coming off a system that had brought us to our knees: nothing worked right, clients were frustrated and we had no faith in things reported in the system. Kareo changed all of that for us--we were able to have reports we could trust, true transparency for the clients, and so many functions we were able to do more efficiently.

Avantages

We love that the software is intuitive, and we can teach a clinic how to use it (on a basic level) in about an hour. The reports are accurate and easy to use. We can set up favorite reports, and generally get help whenever we're "stuck"

Inconvénients

Enrollments--getting providers enrolled properly and getting assistance with those enrollments. Also, we really dislike that they offshore their help desk. It's challenging to get someone who can help us when we get an offshore rep.
We also wish there was a better defined collections procedure/status in the system which would help us better monitor what's gone to collection.
We cannot bill UB04 charges for facilities out of Kareo.

Jacob V.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

Publié le 17/09/2019

Kareo Billing Software

Overall we've been pretty happy with Kareo. There are a few features we miss from our old software but some of the features we gained by switching to Kareo mostly make up for the difference.

Avantages

The main reason we were drawn to Kareo was it's API. It helped that it is cloud based and user friendly but our focus was on the ability to get the data out for use in reporting and our proprietary software and we were able to do that with Kareo.

Inconvénients

The canned reporting is okay but most of the reports export to excel in an unusable format (or at least a difficult to use format with filler cells and merged cells).

Rahul G.

Publié le 01/03/2019

Great software for billing but the EHR could use some polish

My overall experience with Kareo is very good. We use them for our software and practice management. I’m not using the EHR as it is not included with the package and there are some limitations for my specialty when participating in the MIPS

Avantages

The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser.
It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out.
It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out.
You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is modular in that you paid for different modules from the E in charge of the software and practice management features
They have a great feature set. There always improving and adding more functionality.

Inconvénients

There are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. The HR should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate it is plenty of boilerplate template that should suffice most practices.
They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in there are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. Each shot should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate at this point your boilerplate template that should suffice most practices.
They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in MIPS. They should be a QCDR.

Shelley G.

Publié le 07/09/2016

Medical Billing Lead

Avantages

Ease of use. There is a lot of helpful educational information, and when you call the reps are very knowledgeable and sincere about helping you with your problem.

Inconvénients

When looking at payments entered daily, I would like to be able to scroll back and forth in the calendar rather than enter the dates. There is a daily report, but I just want to quickly scroll through the dates. This is one feature that would be nice, at least for me to quickly check to be sure all money is posted daily. The reps are very knowledgeable and willing to help you in most cases, except for one issue when I wanted to sign up for ERA's. It was not clear to me that there was a deadline and he closed my case before I faxed the forms. If he could have extended the timing, it would have helped- I also work in a different office, so I am not able to get doctor's signature immediately, and we were in the middle of integrating at the time. Also- your integration with P. Fusion- could be improved. The other systems PFusion integrates with are not so difficult with every character matching, etc., and this has been hard for our office. It is still new, so hopefully it will get easier. another thing I thought of- there are occasions where you have to delete or change a payment, and if you enter this before the insurance EOB comes in, and you find you need to change it, or apply some of this to another date of service, you can't easily delete payment information once it has been applied to a visit without having to delete all the claims data. This is unfortunate. I did speak with a rep who showed me how to copy the messages and re post in notes, but this is cumbersome if there are a lot of transactions. okay, I think that is enough feedback for today. I do love Kareo!

Blake O.

Publié le 16/03/2020

Kareo Practice Management

Reporting, posting payments, sending invoices, etc are all a breeze with the software. Customer service is without a doubt the most helpful and easiest of any vendor I've ever used.

Avantages

The software is very easy to use after a few weeks of learning the in's and out's. I likely don't utilize half of what the software is capable of, but it's perfect for what I need.

Inconvénients

I wish it was possible to integrate the Kareo Practice Management software with more than one EHR in my industry. It is only available for Medicfusion integration.

Diane B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Assurance

Publié le 13/08/2020

Billers of Metro Atlanta

I think the numbers of years I have used Kareo shows my satisfaction with the overall software product.
I have trained 50 plus people in the 20 years I have used this product. I am still growing and encourage those I meet to transition to using this software. I have demonstrated my confidence in Kareo by including page on my business website promoting Kareo.

Avantages

I have been a user of this software since the 90's. I found Kareo to be a very cost effective software which allowed for training new staff, integrating practices and decreased initial startup costs. Kareo continues to update and add new features which are relevant to industry standards and changes.

Inconvénients

I would like to have more capability from some of the screens to multi task. Such as printing as statement from track claim status page.

I would like to see Kareo add actual advanced billing personnel to the support staff who handle the help tickets. Currently some help tickets have been answered by sales staff. I believe this would speed up the process.

Julie F.

Publié le 04/08/2020

Kareo software

My experience has been great with very few problems

Avantages

I love how easy it is to use and easy functions

Inconvénients

some of the billing areas have a lot of steps to get to the final result.

Gregory P.
3,5

Publié le 12/07/2016

Almost 3 years of use and we still love it!

Avantages

I came to our practice with no experience in health care and was immediately tasked with firing our 3rd party billing company and bringing everything back in house with Kareo. I had no experience in billing, patient demographics, insurance, posting payments etc.

Within one week of our launch... we had the basics down and were able to seamlessly transition our single physician practice to Kareo. Payments were coming in within the first 30 days. We also have a linked EHR system so our claims are easy to do with our doctor able to have the DX codes all input at the clinical note stage and everything seamlessly transitions right over to billing. We are so fast at it that our previous day's claims are out the door by 10AM the following day. I love this system and the folks that support it.

Inconvénients

Some payers will make surprise changes in their EID that do not get updated into system tested into Kareo in a timely manner. It normally is discovered when payment posting gets out of whack and then it is discovered that the payer made a change in the technical date interchange. Then discovered that the change was not system tested in Kareo. It is a little bit of finger pointing on who is to blame for the interchange misses.... but don't get me wrong... when issue is discovered - they work to fix it - it just takes some time.

Jill T.

Publié le 30/11/2020

Kareo Customer Review

Overall we are pleased with Kareo

Avantages

1.I like the ability to learn as needed with Kareo university and ease of use for our team
We love the automated reminders and the ability the send messages with the software

Inconvénients

I'm not too fond of the way Kareo calculates the end of month reports. If payment was collected in a month and deposited in our account, the monthly report's end should reflect the same as my bank statement.

Nina L.

Publié le 10/03/2020

kareo survey

I love the no response files. If you work those, you will rarely ever have a timely filing issue again. I also really like how we can add suggestions to better the software and Kareo listens.

Avantages

I love the ease of use with Kareo. You can literally sit down, bring up kareo and start billing if you just read the screens. I've worked off of other softwares including Athena, Epic etc and the ease of Kareo is definately refreshing.

Inconvénients

I have a wish list of a couple i things I wish Kareo had. On the clinical side, i would to be able to set up Kareo notes that it would automatically pull the cpt codes into the superbill. On both sides, platform and billing, i wish Kareo would hook up with the NPPES file so when i search for a doctor or practice for referring purposes, all the info would be there.

Barbara W.

Publié le 13/01/2013

I am a nurse practitioner with my own practice seeing patients primarily in nursing homes. I also do my own billing. When I was setting up my practice, I was told about Practice Fusion EMR software by a colleague. I saw that Practice Fusion is integrated with a billing system called Kareo, so I decided to check it out. Once I saw what they had to offer, I didn't look any further. Cost got my attention first, but the more I learned about it, the more I liked what I saw.

I have done medical billing for years in the past as an office manager. I am also a CPA, and I did consulting work in which I helped physician practices choose and set up billing systems. Compared to the older systems, Kareo is light-years better.

Implementation of Kareo took some time and effort. At first I thought it would be intuitive, and it is to a certain extent. These days billing is so complex, however, that I have some to see that it would be almost impossible to come up with a system that is entirely intuitive. I needed to complete the training, and then I was good to go. One thing that is really nice is the ability to choose training videos on the topics you need to learn about. The training videos are excellent. I did my training by starting a video, pausing it to enter my own data into Kareo, then continue on. This provided me with hands-on training, and it was very helpful. I also like the fact that I can go back at any time to view the videos again, and I can also view videos on topics or features of Kareo that I am using for the first time.

I chose to purchase customer support for the first month only, because I am pretty savvy when it comes to billing systems. During that time, the team was very nice, very helpful, and oh so patient with me. I always got the answers I needed.

One of the things that I especially like about Kareo is the reports that can be run. In the "old days" you could only run certain reports that were set-up by the system. It never made sense to me that there was a huge database of information, yet it could only be accessed in limited ways. Kareo provides many options for reports. I personally like the accounts receivable reports as well as the report that shows revenue from each facility where I practice.

Probably the biggest benefit I have received from Kareo is the time savings. I have to balance my time between my clinical responsibilities and my financial and billing activities. I am sure I could not do this without Kareo.

Bottom line: I am a very satisfied customer, and I would choose Kareo all over again if I had to choose.

Jenifer H.

Publié le 12/10/2020

In the beginning I was a bit overwhelmed with the features of this program, but once you are able to find your way around it is so easy to work with and the support team is great.

Avantages

I've used Kareo for the past 8 years and the support staff is wonderful and very helpful, they know their product and always come through with solving the problem in one call.

Inconvénients

The one feature I would love to see is where our company's name can appear on certain reports, I've been requesting this for a while now so am waiting for that.

Luann J.

Publié le 08/03/2019

review

Good. We have now moved all our clients to Kareo from other software.

Avantages

We love being able to use Jopari for work comp and auto, I do not find other software offering this. Also printing the HCFA with background from the system has saved us huge amounts of time and money with our significant volume of work comp and auto.

Inconvénients

Reporting could be better; we would like some standard reports that we have in other software and have not had the time to work on custom reports. We need reports that we can run easily by CPT codes; client often have questions on what they have brought in by specific codes and the reports can be confusing. Also just basic year over year summary of charges, receipts and adjustments would nice. Enrollment is better but still an issue that slows down new clients. We can't print the UB form with the background for faxing claims. We want batch numbers on patient payments so we can track the office collection. ASC Medicare rates do not show up in the contract & Fees; it defaults to the professional fee schedule.

Betty S.

Publié le 02/06/2021

Highly recommend Kareo

Kareo is so helpful because the list of claims show exactly what stage each one is in.

Avantages

Kareo is very user friendly. In the event I have an issue, the customer service team is immediately available to help me thru, via live chat, phone call or complete email instructions. They are very patient and tolerant of any need I may experience.

Inconvénients

There really is nothing not to like about the software. It has all the features I need for my practice.

Vivian S.

Publié le 04/11/2015

Welcome to Affordable Practice Management

My office began using Kareo Practice Management software in January, 2015. We had been using our previous vendor since 1986 and although it still works, it was costing $14,000.00 a year for support which we rarely, if ever, used. When I found Kareo at $299 per month I had to give it a try.

I began training myself in October 2014 through all of the training platforms Kareo offers. I read the articles, I watched the videos, I emailed and spoke with them on the phone. I found the system easy to learn and kind of fun to use. I introduced the rest of the staff to it in December after deciding that it could work for us. The most difficulty they had was entering insurance carriers for patients which in Kareo are called "cases." Through videos and phone calls they finally got the hand of it.

Our practice does not accept any kind of insurance and we opted out of Medicare so I cannot comment on submitting claims through Kareo. I do print up paper claims for surgery patients and the only problem I have with that is you can't print up a claim once the patient has paid the bill and you have entered the payment into the system. You have to remove the payment and change the responsible party to the patient's insurance company and then print a claim which does not show a payment. After printing, you have to go back to the patient's account and undo the changes you made. If your practice participates with various insurance companies, this would not be an issue for you.

I also don't use the Kareo billing service. I print up the statements and mail them out myself. The statement template is very well laid out and looks very neat and professional.

We transitioned into ICD-10 with no problem whatsoever. Kareo has all of the ICD-10 codes listed and it was a breeze to use their Superbill template and change the ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes. We were using our new Superbill on October 1st and everything went smoothly. Kareo even provided us with a list of our most used diagnosis codes and their corresponding ICD-10 codes.

Kareo also provides constant updates and they install very quickly and have never caused the software to crash.

All in all, I am extremely happy with Kareo. The software works, it's easy to learn and they provide excellent and friendly support. If you call them you are able to speak with someone immediately and they walk you through any problem you may be having. Long live Kareo!

573 avis