Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur RetailEdge

RetailEdge is an on-premise, retail POS solution designed for small and midsize businesses. It offers mobile POS, multi-location support, website integration, credit card processing and gift card management functionalities within...

En savoir plus

Parcourir les avis sur RetailEdge

147 avis sur 147
Classer par :

Publié le 21/10/2017

Simple and amazing software!

Avantages

As a used bookstore we have utilized the customer features to track book credits. This allows us to see when our customers were last in and contact info to get them back! Simple and easy to use!!

Inconvénients

There is little I don't like about this software.. it's a software that it always in evolution. Having consistency when having doing reports... A default selection choice would be nice...

Donna

Publié le 30/07/2020

Reliable, full featured and affordable POS

I can perform all of my inventory management processes and sales from anywhere. Even when I travel to Trade shows across the country, I am never impacted by internet issues.

Avantages

This is a full featured POS and inventory management application that can run with or without an internet connection. All of this at a very reasonable initial investment price.

Inconvénients

It does not integrated with my website database, Magento.

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Pourquoi choisir RetailEdge

Quickbooks release a new version several years back that was extremely buggy. While I struggled for 3 months attempting to resolve the issues, it was negatively impacting my ability to do business. Customer support was terrible.

Logiciel antérieur

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Pourquoi passer à RetailEdge

It was 25% of the cost of most other full featured POS applications and included all of the functionality i needed. Because it is a small company that has been around for awhile, customer support is easy to work with - you can talk to the same support rep throughout the process of completing an issue.

Réponse de High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Donna, thank you for the kind words! We do have an integration with Magento through a third party called Modern Retail. Feel free to give us a call or email if you'd like to learn more!

Répondu le 13/10/2020
Melissa

Publié le 02/11/2017

Mostly good, with a few major frustrations.

Ease of checking out customers and keeping track of inventory.

Avantages

Pretty simple and explanatory interface. Not difficult to teach new hires how to use. Tech support is usually pretty speedy and efficient.

Inconvénients

Every time there's an update with the software or with Windows 10, we have to call tech support because something becomes incompatible or switched off. Also unhappy that we started out being able to use our POS as a touch screen, and when Windows 10 became the operating system, it was no longer able to operate as touch screen, tacking on time to our checkout speed.

Some of the report functions are a bit tedious to use.

Many customers unhappy that we can't tell them how far along in the loyalty program they are without us doing some major research; wish it was just automatically tracked in their account.

Les meilleures alternatives à RetailEdge

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Square Point of Sale

Sara
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 14/11/2019

Feature Rich, Robust & Easy to Use Store Management Software

In investigating RE, I emailed the company many, many times. I always got a prompt, complete reply that covered all of my concerns. They were patient and helped me transfer data twice, as the new computer crashed and had to be repaired, then the software reinstalled. In refining the program for my vitamin shop, they have been helpful every step of the way, often offering solutions from their own experience using RE.

-soft learning curve
-excellent reports
-feature rich
-extreme value for the price
- wicked awesome support
-easy to update inventory

Inconvénients

- minor tweaks that may well be built in later- just getting used to another system, nothing really against RE

MELISSA
  • Secteur d'activité : Impression

Publié le 15/10/2019

Great system especially if you're internet is not stable

It works well with our current system.

Avantages

We chose this software because we didn't have to pay a monthly fee (except for support). We liked that the inventory and reports are all included.

Inconvénients

The software was a little confusing in the beginning. It's expensive to get new workstations but it pays for itself eventually when you use it for a longer amount of time.

Shopify POS, Vend et Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi choisir RetailEdge

We needed a way to keep track of inventory and customer information.

Logiciel antérieur

Shopify POS, Vend et Microsoft Excel

Pourquoi passer à RetailEdge

We liked that we didn't need internet for it to work.

Réponse de High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Melissa, great feedback! We aim to keep your cost of ownership low with reasonable prices and little to no monthly fees so more money stays in your pocket. :) Thanks again! -Kayla

Répondu le 01/11/2019
  • Secteur d'activité : Production alimentaire

Publié le 13/05/2021

Intelligent Choice

We have now used RetailEdge for five years, and it has been trouble free, it has saved us at least $3,000.00 in lease fees for similar software, tremendous value for businesses large or small.

Avantages

We consciously set out to find a retail software that was not a month to month rental, but one in which we could outright purchase. RetailEdge was one of the few products out there, but it is everything we wanted and more. The cost savings, despite the upfront costs of purchasing the software, it paid for itself in the first year easily. And has saved us at least $600.00 per year in rental fees for similar software products that only lease on a month to month basis.

Inconvénients

Nothing, it ticks all the boxes we were looking for.

Square Point of Sale

Pourquoi choisir RetailEdge

We were literally in the stone age, for number of inventory products, inventory management, speed, we had to upgrade.

Pourquoi passer à RetailEdge

RetailEdge was a better value delivering the same if not better performance for our needs.

Publié le 18/05/2022

RetailEdge is awesome

I would recommend RetailEdge to any store that is getting started because it is affordable and the IT team is able to speak in terms that is understandable.

Avantages

I have used RetailEdge for 4 years now and I love having the gold level which is very inexpensive. I know I can call them and get any question answered usually within an hour.

Inconvénients

I wish there was a training manual that I could download with the basics for my employees for returns, exchanges, gift cards, entering inventory, etc.

Réponse de High Meadow Business Solutions

Hello Paul, thank you for your review! There is an online training manual for all things RetailEdge. just go to www.retailedge.com/help. We also have a YouTube series with basic training video tutorials. Thanks again!

Répondu le 19/05/2022

Publié le 13/05/2022

You need this for small business.

Great support services. Always eager to help and knowledge staff.

Avantages

Was able to import 120000 items from my old inventory to the new Retail Edge system. Daily sale quick and easy.

Inconvénients

Would like to have 2 open sales screens at one time while customers make up their minds on what they want.

• Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

Publié le 12/05/2022

Happy user for 7+ years

RE was purchased about 20 years ago when the business first opened, and I have been here for about 7 years. RE is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to make adjustments as the business grows. Customer service has been great, even though we are on the freebie plan, and they are responsive to my emails as I've grown into the managerial role and my responsibilities have increased.

Avantages

I like that RE is all we need for inventory management, POS, reports, etc. It's easy to use, even for new hires, and easy for me as a manager to adjust as needs change.

Inconvénients

I can't think of any cons, because it does everything we need it to.

Steven

Publié le 12/05/2022

Long time customer

Avantages

The software is easy to use, there aren't any features I'd like in a POS system that are missing. In fact there are features in RE that I don't use that make me want to try them out just because I have this access to them.

Inconvénients

I have reported a bug five years ago and it still hasn't been fixed. Support looked at it with me and said I was the only person that had reported that issue and that they'd work on it but yearssssss later the bug is still there!

Lexy
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

Publié le 24/10/2017

This software constantly grows with our business and there are features we still haven't used...

It is "as advertised" Easy to set up and implement. Easy to use once you figure out the many functionalities (and there are many). We add new customers with ease and can track their purchases and we can advise them of how soon until they get loyalty dollars. We can issue gift cards and track them. We can give charge accounts if we wish and charge whatever interest and if you integrate your software into your e-mail, bill them monthly (a feature we have yet to use). When entering a new PO and entering multiple new inventory items, I love being able to use the previous items UPC code and the ability to just change item number/description,etc. which saves me a TON of time from having to do each item from scratch. You can add new items on the fly while a customer stands there and the reports! I haven't even mentioned those! We can easily compare month to month, year over year sales. When renewing our insurance policy each year, it only takes minutes to get them the information they need. We also had to file an insurance claim a few years ago and this software saved our butts! We were able to easily look up inventory value quickly. The claims guy said it was the quickest and most detailed claim he'd ever seen!
I love that I can put in items sold in multiples and a box will pop up to ask how many. How you can have an unimaginable amount of departments and categories to insure you can pinpoint sales strengths and weaknesses. This software seems simple until you use it and realise that it's very complex and has so many features for the price. The ease of use fools one into thinking it's basic and may not have everything you need. ANY new business that I speak to I tell them about all of the features we use and them any we do not (ability to have touchscreen with pictures, integration of security cameras, ability to use scales and weigh product to sell). Another feature I almost forgot about is to track individual sales people's sales which has been very handy as we pay commission on some things and need to see who sold what at the end of each week.
I literally could go on and on and have to tell people when I gush about the software that we are not getting paid to push it. I will admit, it doesn't have the prettiest interface but when you use it, you can appreciate the loud colours and large buttons as you need to find things fast and you can with this software. I spent months researching software. This was our answer. BUY IT! It will not let you down!

Avantages

Top on my list is ability to serve multiple customers as they change their mind or go to get something else. I also love the ease of ordering when I generate PO's based on min/max quantities. The ability to have gift cards has been HUGE and one of the primary reasons we got this software. If a customer loses their card, due to extra information we put in at the time of purchase, we can find it and they can still use it. We've been able to easily add on more registers as our business has grown without any extra work being needed. Our customers love the ability to look up past purchases to aid them in their current purchases (to repeat or not repeat what was bought before). We both love the loyalty dollars feature which eliminates the need for punch cards. We also love the ability to do packages of items that we sell in monthly or quarterly specials. There are so many more features. We tell any new business this is THE only software they will ever need!

Sister Mary

Publié le 09/12/2017

We have been using RE for over 16 years; in 2015 we switched POS, but 3 mos later were back...

Avantages

I like the elasticity of the program, and the ease of getting around, as I manage sales, inventory, customers, PO's, receiving, etc.
I am fairly functional in the program, yet know only a fraction of its potential. Just a few years ago, we inculcated the use of PO's in receiving, which has been to our advantage. We have full integration with our financial program, which we did not know was a possibility until we came back into RE.
The main plus, I think, though, is the great (personable) tech support we have experienced in the past few years. The techs make their program work for the individual business. A few weeks ago I had a challenge with the integration of our online store, and I could hear those guys behind the tech trying to re-create the scenario, and come up with a fix. They usually are able to create an immediate work around, but then they send a ticket to the developers for a suggested change, and sometimes that is seen on a future update.

Inconvénients

The least thing I like about the software is a result of the best thing I like...and that is the many windows that remain open in the background. Every so often I take the time to clear the windows, to get me a fresh start.
In working with PO's and inventory, the "Edit Purchase Order Item" and "Edit Inventory" windows look identical, and it is confusing which window is being worked in. Inadvertently the 'inventory count' could be change instead of entering the 'quantity to order.'

Vicki
  • Secteur d'activité : Production alimentaire

Publié le 15/10/2019

Grocery Store POS

Disastrous initial training session - I had done my due diligence in selecting this software and got the "out of the box" training not at all customized to my existing knowledge, specific questions, or rapid turnover of perishable products.

I was advised to not select Gold Level customer support when calling for tech support, even though I pay for it monthly.

The software is solid and predictable, have had no issues with it working as designed. Tech support is friendly and helpful.

Avantages

Simple to set up; intuitive design for Inventory Management.
Ability to track 100% of items.
Plenty of Customer Manager features.

Inconvénients

Full, robust reports are difficult to access. Downloaded standard reports are pdfs or garbage csv that require cleaning up to utilize.
Functionality for labels is limited, especially for character counts and font size, a huge disappointment.
Adjustments to Sales Screen QuickList are cumbersome - a definite disadvantage to grocery seasonal stock rotations. It takes 8 clicks just to get to the search window to update/add/delete a QuickList item.

Réponse de High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Vicki, thanks so much for the feedback! We are very sorry to hear your initial training session was anything less than ideal. There might be some confusion with regards to our phone-based technical support, so someone will be contacting you shortly to clear that up and to address your other issues as well. We'd love to hear your suggestions on how to better the program. Thanks again! -Kayla

Répondu le 05/11/2019
Tara

Publié le 16/10/2019

Works well, updates often, easy to learn

Retailedge makes inventory a breeze, and helps us keep up with customers, their purchases, and more. It is also nice to see what the other locations are selling, what they have in their inventory and so on.

Avantages

I have been using this product for over 8 years and enjoy how easy it is to teach new employees the program. Retail edge updates often enough, and the support staff is always helpful. I also like that I can use the same system at multiple locations.

Inconvénients

I really wish this worked on a mac. I hate that I have to use PC's at work when I use macs everywhere else.

Réponse de High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Tara, thanks so much for the kind words! In regards to the Mac issue, RetailEdge can work on a Mac using a 3rd party virtualization software like Parallels or Fusion. This is a little more involved and works well for some customers. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to learn more! -Kayla

Répondu le 04/11/2019
Vanessa

Publié le 16/10/2019

Fits my Business

Great! My questions get answered. The support is intelligent and patient. The system works. We've had a few hiccups but they usually are user error and we figure it out quick enough. We use it every day and I recommend it to everyone.

Avantages

Ease of use. Common sense. Intuitive. Clean. Tons of help available when I need it. Interest in improvements and ideas. Adaptable. Works without a lot of fussing. Very affordable!

Inconvénients

Reports don't always give me what I want. Big changes have to be done in excel and imported which I'm not comfortable doing. I'd like real time inventory update with online store. Sometimes island runs slow. There has to be a way to weed my email list so I can update regularly on mailchimp. I'd like loyalty dollars to post on their own.

Melissa
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur

Publié le 02/11/2017

Has been great for my shop! Every week I discover another function or report that makes life...

The ability to easily track my inventory, sales, and sales tax.

Avantages

Ease of use of the basic register and inventory functions so that you can use it immediately upon set up, but then you can learn more as you go. I love the reliable and friendly tech services. I also like being able to order supplies and get them so quickly.

I love the Sales Manager function with which I can look at what has sold on the day, click on the item which brings me the to inventory screen to see the current inventory after the sale. For a many faceted, one person operation, it makes reordering a snap and saves me much time.

I like the ability to have wish lists for customers!

Inconvénients

There are so many report variations available, that it would be nice to have some standard reports where the user doesn't have to choose options except for the date range.

Khemarith

Publié le 21/10/2017

We've been using Retail Edge for over 5 years now and we are satisfied with the product!

Avantages

There a few things that we like most about the software:
1. Inventory capabilities. Being able to run purchase orders based on previous sales within a specified date range is a big help.
2. Stability. The software has been fairly stable . There haven't been any major errors that disrupt any daily activities. If anything comes up, the tech support would typically come out with an update shortly after.
3. Tech Support. The tech support group has been very helpful with any issues we may have. For initial installation, they guided us via remote login and made things very easy.

Inconvénients

I described a couple issues that we've had to the Tech Support group.
1. Currently, we have to use the exempt rule feature to apply discounts to items which are already part of a discount class.

Brandi

Publié le 21/10/2017

Amazing POS software for a fraction of the cost of others on the market!

Avantages

This software is amazing. My small business couldn't afford some of the higher priced POS systems that are out there. After using the demo version of Retail Edge, I was sold! It does everything I need it to and more...excellent reporting, inventory tracking, functionality...and the customer service is amazing!! I don't have to use tech support often, but the few times I have, they have been quick to return my call and even quicker to solve the issue and are very pleasant to deal with. I've had Retail Edge for both of my stores for almost 2 years now and am still loving the software. I love that it has an "Island" option where I can use my laptop to work from home and it will sync to the store. We can also use it as a second register during the busy days. The "Dashboard" app allows me to check the store sales (both locations) throughout the day, which is also nice.

Publié le 02/11/2017

Simple program that can do everything that I need it to do.

I use it every day to track the sales and inventory of my stores.

Avantages

I like how this program keeps up with all aspects of inventory, sales and customers. Basically, I can do any type of analysis that big box retailers do using this software.

Inconvénients

I least like the support for this program. I consider myself an expert user at this point, and I find it frustrating that I am charged regardless of the outcomes of my support calls. I've had many issues that the support staff couldn't fix that I've figured out, but I was still charged when they logged into my computer without fixing anything. There was also a blame game played saying that it was the other piece of software that wasn't working while I need multiple companies' software to work in unison.

Jared
  • Secteur d'activité : Divertissement

Publié le 13/11/2019

Great Point Of Sale Software

We've been using Retail Edge for 15+ years now and have grown with them along the way. They always help when we need it and the program is incredibly simple to use and easy to learn.

Avantages

It is very easy to learn, offers great customer service, is always updating to become better and more user friendly, and it offers everything that a retail store or entertainment business would need to process sales, track reporting, organize customers, and help keep our business functioning optimally.

Inconvénients

It would be nice to have a mobile version included with the gold level service plan.

Shanisa
  • Secteur d'activité : Produits alimentaires

Publié le 13/05/2022

Need some ease of use changes

Avantages

The software is Convenient as it allows for monthly payments

Inconvénients

The software should allow for persons to enter stock quantity, supplier and price on the same tab. Also when opening up the management tab it should not be saying in bold whats the sales because everyone can see it

Réponse de High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Shanisa, thank you for the feedback! In order to fully address your concerns, our team will be reaching out to you for some clarification and hopefully resolve the issue. Thanks again!

Répondu le 18/05/2022
Perry
  • Secteur d'activité : Services et installations de loisirs

Publié le 31/07/2018

State sales and use audit was flawless per the auditor .

Organization

Avantages

Ease of use, great tool for inventory and customer purchase history. Love the reports. We love it and wouldn't change anything.

Inconvénients

Pay to upgrade, missing out on good stuff which we can't always pay to update. Maybe an annual free upgrade could be possible

Perry,

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you like the reports and and customer purchase history.

Our Upgrade plan is only $5/workstation/month, and at 9-10 updates per year, we feel that amount best suits our customers and our efforts to provide the best version of RetailEdge we can.

Répondu le 18/10/2018
Katherine

Publié le 27/07/2018

Overall good

Avantages

Easy to use. App is helpful. Service is great. The Island functionality is very helpful, as is the ability to hardwire and network. We run two PCs and a laptop that sometimes serves as a register and all three communicate well.

Inconvénients

The reporting is not great. Basic sales etc is fine, or if you just want to see PDFs, it's ok, but the two ways you can export to excel are not great if you need to manipulate the data. Hard to sort, lots of repetitive page break info etc.

KORIE
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

Publié le 06/11/2020

The easiest to use and loaded with features

the customer support team was amazing, we suffered from a computer crash and the the team helped us get back up and running very quickly

Avantages

We like the ease of adding inventory and products into the system which is the longest process of any system but retail edge made this quick.

Inconvénients

the only thing we wish we could do would be to modify or have the ability to change invoice numbers

Nicole

Publié le 08/11/2017

Being a customer for 14 years I think says it all. Great product and even better support!!

Avantages

Perfect for my small retail business. Having two stores it tracks our inventory and simplifies the ordering process for the two stores. It is a user friendly piece of software and if you don't understand anything, the RE Tech staff is there for you!

Inconvénients

I wish it was available for a Mac platform as I am not a fan of windows. When windows updates is the time we have trouble and need tech support.

147 avis