Avis clients sur Business Control OneStep

Bill B. Secteur: Vente au détail Nombre d'employés:  13-50 employés Nombre d'employés:  13-50 employés

11/10/2017

11/10/2017

Have used the system since 2007

Valeur
Support

The guys are great to deal with. The system is very stable. I never had any downtime since I bought it. My wife likes the Quick Books GL integration (very easy). I have asked for some things that would let me look at purchasing the way I have done for many years before the system and within a few days I got the report I wanted. They really know the firearm business.

Avantages

Easy to learn. Easy to use. Performs all functions related to running a firearm business Sales, Inventory Tracking, ATF Compliance, Purchasing, and Web integration. Handles all needed compliance forms.

Chris D. Secteur: Articles de sport

12/02/2015

12/02/2015

Excellent Shooting Sports System

Avantages

We have been using OneStep since 2006. OneStep is a easy to use and easy to learn. It accommodates all the needs of a Shooting Range and Firearm Retailer. From membership tracking through all the ATF reporting and form management, it has automated and eliminated the most complex of compliance processes that used to take an enormous number of man-hours. Aside from giving us the ability to easily comply, it provides us with a full range of reports on product performance and customer management (Purchasing and Receiving, Sales Analysis, Labeling and many other day to day tasks that used too much time).

Inconvénients

At the moment, we are using QuickBooks for General Ledger and Accounts Payable. Although the integration between OneStep and QuickBooks is pretty good, I would prefer to have one product doing all functions. I do like QuickBooks, but I would not need it if OneStep would do it all.

Ce que je conseille

Make certain that the product you are buying is current in technology and is not just presenting you with screens that you are impressed with. We did have another product but we realized very quickly that as technology changed, the database and language used to develop the product did not advance to keep up with new functionality. OneStep is written in Java and uses MS-SQL as its database, about as good of a technology product as you will find.

Kenny P. Secteur: Articles de sport

07/01/2015

07/01/2015

Shooting Range POS

Avantages

The product is very simple to use, but it accommodates some of the most complex functionality required by our industry. Business Control Systems has extensive industry expertise. The company doesn't just supply the software. We have significant accounting requirements, ATF audits and complex internal procedures. They helped us automate our State and Federal compliance, worked with our accountants to get our P&L set properly and have always responded when needed.

Inconvénients

I would like it if I would not have to use QuickBooks for the General Ledger and Accounts Payable. The QuickBooks interface is good, but it forces us to work in another product for those aspects of our operation. My preference would be to have those features build into the OneStep product. The company is not willing to make a commitment to designing GL and AP modules into the product.

Ce que je conseille

The primary concern for us was tracking firearms and memberships. Obviously, in our industry ATF and State compliance is of primary concern. Business Control Systems has done a great job to that end.

Katina S. Secteur: Vente au détail Nombre d'employés:  2-10 employés Nombre d'employés:  2-10 employés

18/05/2017

18/05/2017

buyer beware

Valeur
Support

I wasted a good bit of money for a system I never got, all I got was I am asking too much for a system. Then come to find out if I want the keep using the system I had to keep buying a license. Loved dealing with the computer tech but the sales man/owner was only good when he was selling me the product. Tried to get a refund as was told all sales final and as is.

Avantages

What work on the system worked great. Loved the bar code reader and that I could add photos to the items.

Inconvénients

Was told the system would link to the internet they where supposed to build, was going to work with the accounting software.

Emad I. Secteur: Vente au détail

06/10/2014

06/10/2014

Good Software

Avantages

It is a well-organized product that accommodates every facet of a retail and distribution business. It is easy to use and very logically structured, making it easy for new employees to learn.

Inconvénients

New additions to the product are very frequent. Although they may make sense for other businesses, they don't necessarily apply to us. The changes are added to our system regardless of being applicable to us.

Ce que je conseille

Make sure the vendor knows your industry and has built things into the software directly accommodating what you do, not workarounds. That's what we love about the OneStep software.

Jim L.

27/08/2013

27/08/2013

Support

We are an indoor range and gun store that has used One Step for several years. This is a very small company with limited support resources. The system works fine 98% of the time, but when you have lots of transactions, the 2% it doesn't is a major nightmare. There continues to be many bugs in the system that must be worked around.

It is not very stable and frequently has corrupted postings that make it impossible to rely upon for inventory and sales accounting postings without very careful review and reconciliation. Every monthly export of financial data since we started using the system has been out of balance due to corrupted postings, and must be reconciled and fixed. To add insult to injury, customer support is by the hour and you pay to have the "glitches" fixed, as everything is caused by issues outside of their control.

There were many promises of functionality that don't exist. I would urge anyone considering this system to look elsewhere. Any cost savings from buying this system will be used up in the first year in support charges alone. Not to mention the time your staff will spend reconciling and fixing corrupted postings.

Kurtis S. Secteur: Vente au détail

24/12/2014

24/12/2014

Business Control review

Avantages

It's efficient and reliable but most of all Iove the interface.

Inconvénients

There are no complaints from me or business partners.

Ce que je conseille

Have patience; one must take time to review instructions.

Jason W.

21/05/2014

21/05/2014

Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Terrible Shitty Java Software

Support

Terrible software. Unstable. Incapable of dealing with small data-sets. The JavaVM runs wild, causing memory hole after memory hole. Cannot support multiple users. Unmanageable server installations and client side installations. Does not work, avoid at all costs!