Aperçu des avis des utilisateurs

En savoir plus sur Square Online

Square Online is an eCommerce solution that helps businesses in retail and hospitality industries create and launch websites with a custom domain name using built-in templates. The centralized platform allows organizations to...

En savoir plus

Évaluations des fonctionnalités

4,4

Parcourir les avis sur Square Online

250 avis sur 250
Classer par :
Rick

Publié le 06/04/2021

A godsend for the restaurant industry.

Our customer used to sell physical gift cards through Costco and saw tens of thousands of dollars of cashflow and business through that channel. Covid 19 killed his physical gift card business. Not only did Square come to the rescue, it made online purchase a snap with their web portal and email fulfillment.

We were able to generate tens of thousands of dollars in gift card sales and put the whole process into play within minutes. It was literally a money machine during the Christmas Season.

Avantages

We were able to implement a digital gift card program for our restaurant clients in minutes. We don't use Square for regular in-person credit card processing at all we simply set up the online digital gift cards in the weeks leading up to Christmas and generated tens of thousands of dollars in cash-flow for the client and guaranteed business in the weeks that would follow our Covid-19 holiday lockdown.

It is so fast and easy every consumer facing company should do it. Your customer gets their digital gift card immediately and the business gets cash in about 48 hours. They make it super-simple to track the cards and redeem outside of your POS and conventional payment processing system.

It doesn't matter who you use for your payment processing. It is simple and fast to add Square just for their digital gift cards.

Inconvénients

Wish I had discovered how easy implementing a gift card program was sooner. There are no Cons as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter what POS or payment processor you use now. There is room to add Square for gift cards to any operation.

The percentage they charge for payment processing is twice what the mainstream processors charge, but there is ZERO cost associated with selling or redeeming the gift card so for many companies it works out to be much cheaper than other gift card programs.

Paystone

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

Square offered instant set-up instead of 10 days wait and the ability to sell digital gift cards that could be redeemed inperson instead of (or inaction to) physical gift cards.
Cassidy
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs
  • Taille de l'entreprise : 2-10 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 28/10/2022

Square has been a great place to grow my online presence through the years

Overall I have enjoyed my square experience, I have learned a lot about building a site and creating the image in my head into real life. It is affordable for my needs and square as a whole has many resources outside of the online platform that I utilize so it make a great one stop shop.

Avantages

I love most that it is so easy to learn on and utilize. It has been a great help in creating my online platform and landing page for clients. I have been able to create a site that matches my brand perfectly and over time has grown with me. The price points as well are great and truly adjustable to what you need in the moment. If you are just starting out and only need the domain you can do that, if you want more as you grow you can do that too. It is a great place to learn new skills and create what's in your mind, especially if this process is all new to you.

Inconvénients

Right now I am expanding into a blog and they have a story feature that is suppose to be their version of a blog. It would say this is the thing I would like to see expand a bit, it is not as easily customizable. For example I can only put in one picture at the top and then the rest is text. I don't have the ability to add more pics. This is a new feature though so if you looking to only do a blog as you business I would look to a site that is more geared towards that. If you looking for a place to just build a site though with products or services then this is a great resource.

Weebly

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

I originally used Weebly before it go bought out by square and I loved the switch over. It was a whole new world with square and I am glad I got brought in through that process.
Utilisateur vérifié
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Publié le 23/11/2022

Horrible service

I have over 2000 locked up with Square, and the never released it even after asking me to fill up forms, and over 5 phone calls with a customer support agent who escalated the case and no result been provided.

Les meilleures alternatives à Square Online

Heather
  • Secteur d'activité : Production alimentaire
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant 6 à 12 mois

Publié le 25/10/2022

Excellent Product with Hidden Costs!!

Functionality of the website and operation is excellent. Customer service and knowledge of staff is not what it should be and information regarding fees is unclear.

Avantages

I loved how easy everything was and that it was very similar to the way Apple products work.

Inconvénients

There are a LOT of hidden costs with Square. We were going to use Square for our entire operation as it has features for a food business that no one else in the market has. Unfortunately Square charge 50p per online order that is not explained clearly on their website. As we process thousands of orders per week that cost is huge compared to rivals. Square were unable to provide an explanation of what that 50p per order was for and as it can’t be justified we cannot transfer our complete customer base to Square.

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

We only use Square for selected customers at certain festivals.
Caretha
  • Secteur d'activité : Services aux consommateurs

Publié le 22/06/2021

Review For Square

Great ! Experience and they are top the line merchant services that I have ever known.
I look forward to more upgrades like Weebly and more of their great , convenient , easy to use, feature and services.

Avantages

The merchant service fit my business industry, products and services. The upgrade of services and feature are awesome!

Inconvénients

Need a easy shipping on the online website shipping admin with the weight, shipping prices and a easier one time payment link just for businesses without the campaign because it is political. So make a separate link that fits embed code on the features and make it easier to embed. And I can not receive what ever business sales amount of a purchase over 50,000.00 each transactions. I have to make partial payments through the website for one purchase transaction (For Example: if a sale is 115,000 and the transaction only excepts 50,000.00 per transaction; so there will have to be 3 purchase transactions. That's horrible. I need only one transaction per purchase at any price and they can still add other purchases if selected and add to total.

Gina

Publié le 15/06/2021

Easy to use, flexible and intuitive

Nothing but thumbs up overall. We have used several other POS programs and by far think the value of Square can't be beat.

Avantages

Ease of use and an excellent support team makes Square Online a fabulous option. The templates are designed to look good on both desktops and mobile devices. Very modern and intuitive. Super easy to set up and learn. Integration with Square Retail catalog is good.

Inconvénients

I wish I could copy design elements from one web page to another. The template layouts are also a bit restrictive. Would be nice to have CSS access to fully customize. Would also like the item description to sync with Square Retail without losing the design elements.

Revel Systems et Lightspeed Retail

Pourquoi choisir Square Online

Integrated credit card processing, ease of use, excellent price point, accessible customer support/

Vend

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

Integration with Square Retail for our brick and mortar business.
Utilisateur vérifié

Square Review

Been using Square online in terms of website building, CRM marketing and getting clients on board with a subscription service.

Avantages

Really enjoy the point of sale software & hardware, the invoicing ability and the CRM tools that are available with the marketing tools that you can subscribe for.

Inconvénients

The inability to do instant transfers until you've processed a certain amount of payments, payroll fees being deducted per payment versus per service.

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

To combine all of those needs and be able to have a process whereby I can pay people, build a website and process invoices.
Thomas

Publié le 28/11/2022

Great for my event hosting client

I highly recommend Square Online. It was a quick and easy way for me to help my client launch her event ticket sales.

Avantages

I was pleased with the ease of use of this platform for my client. I am a web developer who did not have much experience with this side of Square. When my client asked me to help her manage her account, I was happy to see how intuitive the interface was.

Inconvénients

There were a few items that required some Googling to resolve on my first try, but I expected this and would not consider it a true "con". I was able to do everything I needed to very quickly.

Angela
  • Secteur d'activité : Santé, bien-être et fitness
  • Taille de l'entreprise : Auto-entrepreneur
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les mois pendant plus de deux ans

Publié le 30/11/2022

Great for easy reporting

Avantages

Easy access to my monthly reports and commissions for accounting.

Inconvénients

Nothing. Everything works exactly how I'd like it to.

Edward
  • Secteur d'activité : Hôtellerie

Publié le 30/11/2022

Square it away with one Click

Avantages

Easy to navigate and flexible with being able to switch out text easily via the business owners needs in how the site looks , feels, and comes across to the customer

Inconvénients

Not enough templates to use in my opinion that corresponds with the theme of my business

Trina
  • Secteur d'activité : Art/artisanat

Publié le 15/06/2021

Square reminds me of Google when it was an early start up

Square has been a game changer for me in terms of running my business. I worked with professional developers to try to come up with a website in which I could sell my artwork and it was impossible. Square has allowed me to have a great portfolio and shop that is affordable and simple to use. You're doing great, and I have been very happy with the incremental improvements over time.

Avantages

Square reminds me of Google when it was an early start up - I say this because I remember how clean and polished google was compared to other search engines and tech companies at the time. Square is no different - they have things down to a science, and make it extremely easy to sell items and run a business. There is no other service like it. And I appreciate that they don't gouge the price with fees and confusing extra subscriptions like Ebay or Etsy. That would be a major turn off for me. Simply put, I love how clean Square is to use. No Drama.

Inconvénients

I wish there were more website templates to choose from, but this is a minor complaint. It's really a good service either way. Also, it would be nice if Square could allow for purchases of direct downloads. This has been a feature in the works for literally years and I think it should be a priority. Artists like me can't sell printables or patterns until this feature is reinstated!

Kristina

User Friendly Set Up

I actually completed my site, have it up and running and am making sales! It’s a huge accomplishment to have been able to get this done! Square made it easy to navigate and was there for me when I had questions. They did not ignore my issues and kept in touch until things were fixed.

Avantages

This is the mist user friendly software I have found. I have tried others and given up. But I completed my website on Square!

Inconvénients

I’d like more creative options. To be able to soften edges of photos, create different shaped photos. More fonts to choose from and colors. Ability to make sections smaller and move wording around in more of the free space.

Wix

Pourquoi choisir Square Online

I had a really hard time navigating Shopify. It was not user friendly and frustrated the heck out of me.

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

I have used square for sales on my phone and found it a great interface. Once building my site all the others were difficult to navigate.
Scott
  • Secteur d'activité : Musique

An Affordable Option for Small Businesses

Square Online has provided the most effective and affordable option for a growing small business that cannot afford the hefty price tags of other systems.

Avantages

Square Online is a decent system that integrates well with the Square Retail POS. Managing inventory is generally easy although more features could be added consistent with our industry. Square stepped up its game by offering more options during the pandemic such as enhanced marketing tools, sales channel integrations with Facebook and an additional fulfillment method to offer to clients. Marketing features are decent, and the convenience of mobile apps is convenient when on the go.

Inconvénients

Square needs to consider businesses that offer rentals. There can be improvements to better manage rental inventory and sales. Also, many manufacturers in our industry require that sale prices not be listed on e-commerce platforms. Square Online should add a "Call for Price" option.

Rain POS

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

Cost effectiveness, additional features for non-premium accounts, convenience
Laura

Publié le 16/06/2021

I love this site and it's features

I love how overrall easy it is to use Square from the initial taking of payment, organization of reports and invoicing and the value you get for a nominal price.

Avantages

Great value for the money, templates make starting up easier than you can imagine, time saving and organization right at your fingertips.

Inconvénients

Some editing features are difficult to understand when adding pages or sections to online platform. Would like to see more instructions or easier to understand instructions when adding products and customization to pages and sections.

Pourquoi choisir Square Online

I did not like the cost of the fees associated with PayPal nor did I like the invoicing as compared to Square.

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

Easier to use, better invoicing, better and more widely used devices for payment and a brand everyone knows.
Jessica
  • Secteur d'activité : Art

Excellant Switch

I used paywall and stripe before finding square. Square is QUICK to get your money to you and will take contracts into consideration when a client disputes, which is really great. Customer service is hard to get to, you have to go through a series of articles to find help & there is no one to actually talk to when you can't find the answer int he articles.

Avantages

I like how easy it is to add a customer & create/send/edit invoices for them.

Inconvénients

I wish square was compatible with my online gallery service (pixieset) and I wish that I could see invoices from HoneyBook in my square dashboard! It is difficult having everything in different sites.

Stephanie

Easy to Use for Professional New Small Businesses

Overall, I’ve been pleased with my experience with Square. I was glad to be able to re-negotiate my processing fee earlier this year, and the online store was really helpful during the beginning of the pandemic.

Avantages

My business features both a retail store and a distribution branch, and being able to manage both areas of my business through Square has been wonderfully helpful, especially during my first year of business. The user interface is intuitive and easy-to-use for my staff, and adding and deleting items from the sale screen is quick and easy. Keeping my distribution items separately categorized and off of the retail display makes managing both parts of my business even easier.

Inconvénients

I’ve had some issues with taxes being calculated properly, as I have tax applied to some items and not others. When I calculate what this should be on my own versus what Square says, the numbers haven’t always matched up. Also, getting photos to appear on the same item across devices (Square register, Square app, Square online) hasn’t always worked and has required me to upload the image for a second time or to change the image format.

Tanya
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

Publié le 15/06/2021

Why you should go with Square

I love that I can post new products to my website and then tag them on my social media platforms all within 5 min. It just makes sooo many things simpler.

Avantages

The ease of setting up my website was amazing!!! I had no website design experience prior to setting mine up. It was so easy. I just followed the prompts and read some of the tips and voilà! I have an amazing website!! I get compliments from my customers all time on how nice my website looks. They are absolutely amazed that I didn’t myself with no prior experience. If I can do this anyone can!!

Inconvénients

I can’t really think of anything that sticks out to me that I don’t like. The few issues that I’ve had were usually my error or not quite understanding what was needed. Just like with any computer software once you learn it and get familiar with it it’s a breeze.

Canva

Cost and ease of use.
Kathleen

POM’s Review

Avantages

Easy to use, affordable, quick to manage inventory, professional templates.

Inconvénients

I wish there were a multi-select option when Bulk Editing items onto the website (as in, putting in category and marking visible at the same time).

Shopify Plus et Shopify

Pourquoi choisir Square Online

Inventory Management and syncing in-store and online sales.

Squarespace

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

Ease of template/use, inventory management
Kimmy

Publié le 30/06/2021

Solid platform for a basic online store

My overall experience with Square Online is very positive because it made it super easy and cheap to create a basic online store. I was also already familiar with the dashboard because of other Square products so it was easy to use for me. However, if you want to do anything personalized or include more complicated features, Square can make it difficult.

Avantages

This is an awesome product for small start-up businesses. You can do a ton with the free plan and the customer service has always been super helpful in my experience. You can literally build a working online store for free, however, to get the domain you have to pay monthly. The footer and header are already made for you and they look really professional and nice. You create the pages based on pre-made elements which makes it really easy.

Inconvénients

The design of the website is pretty strict, you can't add much of your own designs or layouts. You have to make your ideas fit their layouts. Domain transferring was difficult, but the customer service helped. The embedded automatic forms sometimes don't work (I wouldn't get notified by all the submissions on my website). It can also be difficult to navigate the website in the editing portal.

Wix et Weebly

Pourquoi choisir Square Online

I switched because of $$$.

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

Square online was free (before I added a domain) and it required no coding experience. It also connected to the products that I sold in person at my retail store.
Lakeya
  • Secteur d'activité : Mode et vêtements

Perfect for small businesses

Avantages

Square is user friendly and reasonably priced. I’ve tried other systems and ultimately came back to Square every time.

Inconvénients

Square is a little difficult to integrate with websites that are built on other platforms but overall still the best to use.

PayPal, QuickBooks Online Advanced et Shopify

Publié le 15/06/2021

I’ll never go back to a “typical” credit card processor again

During this time where people are still a little wary of dining in restaurants, square online has been a vital tool in helping me serve customers through delivery and pickup.

Avantages

I love almost everything about square. The way it catalogs all of my merchandise to the ease of access for customer info, do building my website to managing payroll and the loyalty program that engages my customers and makes shopping with me more fun for them.

Inconvénients

There really isn’t much I can think of here, square really packs a punch but they could add a “processing fee” option where we can pass the credit card processing percentage on to the customer and remove it as a “cash incentive”

Michelle
  • Secteur d'activité : Restaurants

Long Times Square Supporter

Pretty great for all the years we have used it and it has improved since we started using it!

Avantages

Easy to setup - and easy to train staff!

Inconvénients

Customer merging issues, some reporting issues

Clover

Cost and better tech

NCR Aloha

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

Easy to understand and could use on tablets
Thomas

The only software I’ll use

Avantages

You can run your entire business through Square. E-commerce, storefront, payroll, marketing, team management and inventory management.

Inconvénients

A little in the pricey side but still worth it. Getting in touch with customer service is not easy.

Pourquoi choisir Square Online

Squares payment solutions and we could run the entire business through Square so it made sense to switch.

WooCommerce

Pourquoi passer à Square Online

They accept CBD and Hemp companies and they offer more services than Shopify.
Alyssa

Publié le 15/06/2021

The best for small business!

Avantages

Implementing Square was the easiest way to get my small business off the ground. Whag started as just a plug in card reader on my phone has now evolved into a brick and mortar retail storefront with an awesome online presence and shopping cart. The ease of installation and setup is what I love most about Square. It's accessible and intuitive.

Inconvénients

I wish Square would accept EBT transactions. Otherwise, I have very few hiccups with the system. And it's constantly being updated to implement new features requested by its users.

Andrea
  • Secteur d'activité : Édition

Square Is The Perfect Site For Publishing

I have used Square almost from the moment I founded our press. It is easy to navigate, easy for a web master to add or subtract books, and so easy for our readers to purchase a book or even many books at one time. The site feels very safe to both us and to our purchasers. I also particularly like how quickly payments come in and are clear. I gave up other sites when I began to employ Square. I can't begin to say how very happy I have been with Square in infinite ways!

Avantages

In the world of publishing, there are countless ways to access or sell books and magazines. Square makes it easy to place a book up for sale on our site, with full description. Too, the purchasers are able to access the book for purchase even if they are not very familiar with computers or purchase sites.

Inconvénients

It might be a tad easier to work with a template that allows for some changes editorially. For example, there is not a Free Shipping button.

250 avis